• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Albino Fawn---WOW!

Started by rabs_fan4life, February 13, 2006, 11:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rabs_fan4life

Got this in an email today and all I can say is WOW....I have never even heard of an albino deer....this is amazing!  Just thought I'd share because I'm sure I'm not the only one who's never seen one!

Albino Fawn  from folks who live on Bolivar Peninsula , Texas         

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!
Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost   baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Moma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark...
Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along with... So, one of   Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly, but, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over, of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

Lions84

Lord Infamous™

didnt know it was illegal to keep a deer.

chevy lover

It is if it's rare. But that's Texas where the fawn was so rules dont apply.

Bob Lablaw

That's a pretty deer..............I wonder if it's a good a eatin as regular deer. 

donkeyfan

packerfan

I've never seen one in person but I've seen pics of them on trail cams from Florida and Illinois.  Kinda scary looking if you ask me.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: packerfan on February 14, 2006, 07:19:52 pm
I've never seen one in person but I've seen pics of them on trail cams from Florida and Illinois. Kinda scary looking if you ask me.
Yeah thats what my roommate said!  She said it looked demonic!  I think it's quite cute myself!

ptown25

AHM™

Throwback

Quote from: RMA on February 14, 2006, 03:15:22 pm
That's a pretty deer..............I wonder if it's a good a eatin as regular deer.

Yep, at that age, they are very tender.  Now, question is, since it is albino, is it all white meat?  ;D

ljmom

I saw an albino deer last summer.  It was feeding in a field with several other deer. 

We pulled over and watched it for awhile.  I tried to get pics, but it was too far away to get a good shot with my digital.  I pass the area pretty often and saw it a few times. 

ptown25

Albino...The other, other white meat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas