• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmington @ Malvern, Semis

Started by marsh8727, November 26, 2011, 05:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noonerricky

It really doesn't matter who wins, the winner loses by 40 in the championship game against PA

BigMoose22

Quote from: gametime on November 29, 2011, 11:13:55 am
Quote from: BigMoose22 on November 28, 2011, 10:38:29 am
farmingtons got a better run stop defense than Prairie Grove tho.
Farmington has bigger stronger players that PG.
so Malverns runningback #7 i believe will have a tougher time getting through the d-line and linebackers.
also farmingtons d-backs are more physical than pg's.
so throwing 50 yard fade routes wont be as easy as it was against pg.

Bigmoose22, Have you completely lost your mind. Other than 6 minutes in the third quarter prairie grove dominated that football game from start to finish. Have you even watched a football game this year or you on here just rambling on. I have seen both teams play several times this year neither 1 of them are good enough to beat malvern. Farmington is not bigger faster stronger and all the stuff that you say that they are at every position. farmington is a very good football team right now and that is just it, a good football team. they are playing better than prairie grove because prairie grove is not playing. unless malvern makes a lot of mistakes the results are going be the same, malvern will win. I along with most people in our conference do want farmington to win but the reality is it's probably not going to happen though.

Actually yes I'm from farmington graduated 2010.
have a cousin who starts both ways for PG.
So to answer your question yes i have watched them play every single week
and sometimes both in 1 night.
i know farmington football and Pg cause i grew up around it.
Farmington has been the underdog the whole playoffs, i was just clearly stating that Farmington has got up and off there butts and started to play football.
And that i do think Farmington has a better team than PG.
Pg has a Great team just too young.
I as well would love for the Cardinals to win, are there chances good? nope
were they good last week, and the week before? nope
Mcgehee was suppose to stomp farmington.
farmington held in there and played hard nose D and pulled out a win.
and as far as the PG Malvern game. i drove all the way down there to watch them play there worst game of the season.
Schrock the fullback had close to 100 yards in the first quarter.
the malvern D was keying on Weston the whole night.
Elkins was handling the wildcat formation good. despite bad snaps by the center.
Schrock wasn't given the ball in the 2ND half until 8 minutes in the 4Th quarter.
and Winters was still obviously a bit woozy from his concussion. his passes were off either in the dirt or in the stands.
the coaching staff for pg did not throw the ball near as much either let elkins throw it or let the other backup throw it.
cause the 1st drive in the 4Th they scored. they also threw the ball 4 times and ran it 3.
they only had a total of 9 passing attempts the whole game.......
does that clarify why malvern beat them as bad as they did or do i need to say more.

GLion Alum

Here are the pre-season rankings of the teams playing in the semifinals this year:

7A--#1 vs. #5; #2 vs. #4

6A--#1 vs. #2; #3 vs. #6

5A--#1 vs. #2; #3 vs. #7

4A--#1 vs. #14; #23 vs. #28

3A--#1 vs. #4; #3 vs. #15

2A--#3 vs. #5; #8 vs. #10

That tells me that the coaches and others ranking the teams in the pre-season mags know a little about what they're doing  ;D, despite my poking fun of them when they're wrong.  Teams ranked near or in the bottom of their class (#23 and #28) didn't have the talent going into the season to impress the coaches and other forecasters.  Both Malvern and Farmington have over-achieved more than any other teams since the playoffs began.  When can you remember a team that was ranked that low in the pre-season making the semifinals, let alone two of them meeting in the semifinals?  That's why I think anything is possible in the Malvern-Farmington game.

BigMoose22

Glion- what are their postseason rankings now?

gametime

Again I agree with you moose on some of that.  Just didn't agree that Farmington is that much more superior in size and strength.

lots of people did not believe the Farmington game last week was a upset.  I believe Farmington was better than Gee.  They are playing better than any Farmington team has in the past 10 years, including your class if you graduated in "10".  I thoughts your class had the most talent to come thru in a long time.  Good luck cards this week

GLion Alum

Quote from: BigMoose22 on November 29, 2011, 02:23:54 pm
Glion- what are their postseason rankings now?

I haven't checked lately.  I know the rankings now will be close to how the playoffs are playing out, so that's why I stop checking them once the playoffs start.  It's called CYA time!  ;D

GLion Alum

Earlier this week, Spotty posted an excellent fan's report re Malvern and asked for one from Farmington.  Once upon a time, Farmington had a great group of posters on Fearless Friday.  Then, one day, a three-way feud erupted on FF between Farmington, Prairie Grove and Shiloh Christian.  That feud stretched into a one-year war waged under the topic name "Farmington."  No prisoners were taken, and casualties, mainly banishments from FF, were high.   ;D  At the time, I called it a soap opera--"As the World Turns in Washington County."  ;D  Now, few Farmington posters remain.  Therefore, today I, a Gravette fan, will offer the ultimate humiliation for Farmington...I will give a Gravette fan's report on the Cardinals.   ???

I saw Farmington play only once this season--their seventh game of the season against Gravette.  The Lions went into that game as solid favorites but were upset, 28-20, after losing three fumbles and having three passes intercepted.  As a Gravette fan, I was so upset at the way my team was playing that I didn't really pay much attention to Farmington or how they were playing, but that's just as well since Farmington is a much different team today. 

Farmington's season can be divided into two parts--Pre-Gravette and Post-Gravette.  Before the Gravette game Farmington's calling card had read "defense."  After their first four games the Cardinals had allowed only 24 points...the least allowed by any 4A team in the state.  The week before the Gravette game Farmington's stud running back, Jared Martin, was injured.  Spencer Boudrey, who played both receiver and running back before Martin's was hurt, had a good game at running back in place of Martin at Gravette.

Deon Clay had played at Farmington his sophomore year but transferred to Fayetteville for his junior year where he started on defense at linebacker.  He transferred back to Farmington for his senior year.  As the season progressed, Farmington started playing Clay more on offense at quarterback, and the Cardinals started jelling and improving with each game.  Before the upset of Gravette, the Cardinals had been considered a fifth-place seed by most 1-4A fans.  With that win, suddenly Farmington was a player in the race for the conference title.  Their confidence soared, and they became a different team from the one that had played their first seven games.

Clay, receiver Dimitri Donovan, Martin, Boudrey and fullback Jonathan Sims are among several very good athletes on the Farmngton team and are versatile where they play on offense.  Defense has been a strength for the Cards all year. 

All year Farmington has been crying about their lack of size, but they've done a great job of overcoming that.  If I'm wrong about anything I've posted, someone from Farmngton please correct me.  If I'm right, please supplement what I've posted. 

GLion Alum

Something I haven't seen on here that should be mentioned is that Farmington is coached by Mike Adams, who was head coach at Charleston and Fayetteville before taking over at Farmington.  Big games are nothing new to him.  I noticed a few things when Farmington played Gravette that made me appreciate his coaching.  That game, Farmington was fighting to stay alive in the conference race; the Cardinals had already lost to Prairie Grove and had Ozark and Shiloh still to play.  Although my Lions were very charitable that night, the Cardinals came to play and had a plan that worked.  I won't be shocked if we see that again Friday night.

THE D.O.C

Malvern's football team throught the years have had some very talented atheletes that continue to go unnoticed with sports writers and coaches across this State. Devon Kirk 6' 3" 240lbs, Trey Broughton 6'2" 260 on defense are in their second year of football. These two kids presience on the field demand respect. Two key players on this team that changes how QB and RB game-plan because they stop the run and pass well. Some from Malvern throughout the years have made their names noticed.
Joe Hogan- UCA; Doug Williams-UCA; Ryan Smith-Rice Univ;Harold Harris- UA; Tony Ollison-UA Gady Ollision Jr.-UA(current) Butch Baker-UA; Ron Richardson-A-State;Keith Traylor-Cen.OK-NFL, Mark Traylor-LA Laff; Issac Davis-UA NFL, Madre Hill-UA NFL, Vincent Bradford-UA-NFL; James King-AR Monticello , Steven Clegg-UAPB, Robert Totley-UAPB

Spotty

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 30, 2011, 02:39:55 pm
Malvern's football team throught the years have had some very talented atheletes that continue to go unnoticed with sports writers and coaches across this State. Devon Kirk 6' 3" 240lbs, Trey Broughton 6'2" 260 on defense are in their second year of football. These two kids presience on the field demand respect. Two key players on this team that changes how QB and RB game-plan because they stop the run and pass well. Some from Malvern throughout the years have made their names noticed.
Joe Hogan- UCA; Doug Williams-UCA; Ryan Smith-Rice Univ;Harold Harris- UA; Tony Ollison-UA Gady Ollision Jr.-UA(current) Butch Baker-UA; Ron Richardson-A-State;Keith Traylor-Cen.OK-NFL, Mark Traylor-LA Laff; Issac Davis-UA NFL, Madre Hill-UA NFL, Vincent Bradford-UA-NFL; James King-AR Monticello , Steven Clegg-UAPB, Robert Totley-UAPB

Gerald Skinner, UA and NFL; Shaun Mitchell UCA; J.R. Ross, UA; etc etc

Long list. Gerald Skinner is probably the three best high school playesr Malvern ever had. Top 3 players that made a difference at the high school level are Madre, Skinner, and Keith Traylor, and that isn't any particular.

GLion Alum

There's a game preview story in today's NWA edition of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.  Farmington coach Mike Adams is in his 9th season there and has a record of 62-38-1.  This is the first time one of his Cardinal teams has advanced past the second round.  Malvern coach John Fogleman has taken his Leopards to the playoffs the past four years.  Farmington has found ways to overcome key injuries during the season; Malvern has avoided any major injuries.  (I guess that's one of the disadvantages that Farmington has playing in a tough, hard-hitting conference like the 1-4A.  ;D

Malvern junior quarterback Austin Warford has completed 116 of 192 passes for 1,768 yards and has only thrown three interceptions.  He has run for 681 yards on 133 carries.  Farmington senior quarterback Deon Clay took over as full-time starter at that position five weeks ago and threw two TD passes against McGehee.

Quotes:  Farmngton's Adams..."We're a bunch of runt-looking guys, but we're a physical bunch that keeps finding ways to get the job done."  Malvern's Fogleman...Our seniors "have paid their dues, so they're pretty hungry.  If you get this far, you've got to have some breaks."

blackcat#3

I think malvern is better then yal are making them sound out to be.

i say malvern by 14!!

bulldog_hillbillies

im going with the cardinals..they are are fire right now and know one gave them much chance..and they are one game from the finals...good luck to the cardinals...

Spotty

Quote from: noonerricky on November 29, 2011, 11:47:13 am
It really doesn't matter who wins, the winner loses by 40 in the championship game against PA

Sure it matters. This is for the 4A public school state championship.

toobad4u993

Quote from: Spotty on December 01, 2011, 04:47:27 pm

What about dollarway or all the schools that PA beat out of the tournament? They don't get a say?

Spotty

Quote from: toobad4u993 on December 01, 2011, 04:50:14 pm
Quote from: Spotty on December 01, 2011, 04:47:27 pm

What about dollarway or all the schools that PA beat out of the tournament? They don't get a say?

Nope. Should have been on the top of the bracket.

It was sort of a joke.

Sort of.

GLion Alum

Today's Morning News of Northwest Arkansas has a pre-game story on Farmington vs. Malvern.  Some of what I learned:  Farmington's Deon Clay became the starting quarterback when the Cardinals played Pea Ridge in game nine.  He connected with his receivers on 14 of his first 15 passes, and he and the Cardinals have been rolling ever since.  Malvern's offense is built around juniors Austin Warford, Jahkery Dupree and Tim Hardimon.  Quarterback Warford has passed for 1,768 yards and 17 touchdowns; running backs Dupree and Hardimon have rushed for 935 and 472 yards, respectively.  Malvern coach John Fogleman said his team has been great at preventing turnovers and needs to continue that this week; Farmington coach Mike Adams said his players will have to force turnovers. 

Farmington won a state football championship in 1973 when they beat Hazen in the class B finals.  Malvern won the class AAA state title in 1993.

Coach Adams re Malvern:  "They're going to be one of the toughest teams we've faced this season, and it's going to take everything we have to come away with a win.  I know coaches don't always choose their words carefully when talking to reporters, but I wonder what other teams he was talking about--McGehee, Heber Springs, Gravette, Ozark?

CardsQB12

GLion, I think you may be reading into his comment a little too much. I'd be willing to bet that at this point those teams you mentioned are the farthest thing from Coach Adams' mind. Malvern is a very good football team and Farmington doesn't have much room for error. It's what should be expected in the semifinals.

THE D.O.C

At this point anything can happen. Farmington didn't make it this far by just waking up, they earned the right. They also had to hit the road and beat a #1 team to advance. Hat's off to Farmington.
Malvern has one of the best defenses in class 4A. Stats don't lie, they don't give up much. I feel like Farmington has too many frequent-flyer-miles. Malvern may plan to bottle up your QB and force him to run, that's when he'll see how hard these kids hit. They attack with a kamikaze attitude. Buckle-up ???

Wahls

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 02, 2011, 10:30:13 amBuckle-up

Couldn't have said it better. They stop the run on the way to the quarterback.

primetime9

If both teams play at their best, I believe Malvern wins it pretty easy.  However these are high school kids and anything can happen.

True Fan

Not much turnout from the Farmington fans. I've seen much bigger crowds from 2A schools.

policeman

Wahls

redbug

I just switched over to this game my PA stream died

Slacker

Phew, got home just before half. And I have this.

OBVIOUSLY, the refs are screwing us.

Go Cards!

Slacker

Quote from: True Fan on December 02, 2011, 07:21:41 pm
Not much turnout from the Farmington fans. I've seen much bigger crowds from 2A schools.

Have you ever driven from Y City to Hot Springs? We know the game...

Slacker

skydog

skydog

redbug

35-12 Farmington popped one in right before half to bring I to 28-12 then malvern answered as time ran out to make it 35-12

Wahls

Farmington wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 7 this year. Ashdown was a far better team.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 08:51:21 pm
Farmington wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 7 this year. Ashdown was a far better team.
This is a ridiculous statement.  They are in the semifinals for a reason.  Be a hick somewhere else.

SiriusHog

they are in the state semi-finals, they would have made the playoffs in any conference.. shut up

Wahls

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 02, 2011, 08:57:06 pm
This is a ridiculous statement. 

Oh really? Did you see Ashdown this year? I've seen both teams. I've also seen De Queen, Nashville, and Maumelle. Definitely wouldn't beat DQ or Nashville.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 09:00:57 pm

I've seen both teams. Wouldn't have happened.
You are an idiot.  Do not try to take this achievement away from freaking 15-18 year old kids.  Freakin jerk.

Wahls

How can you "know" that I'm an idiot if you haven't seen the team I'm comparing them to?

SiriusHog

Oh really? Did you see Ashdown this year? I've seen both teams. I've also seen De Queen, Nashville, and Maumelle. Definitely wouldn't beat DQ or Nashville.

I have seen every game Farmington has played.  I've watched them lose to Prairie Grove early in the year, and I've watched them beat really good teams like Gravette.  I've seen them smash Shiloh, Dumas, Heber Springs and I've seen them come back from 16 down on the road @ McGehee.  We have a really good ball team, in ANY conference.

Wahls

Quote from: SiriusHog on December 02, 2011, 09:05:27 pm

I have seen every game Farmington has played.  I've watched them lose to Prairie Grove early in the year, and I've watched them beat really good teams like Gravette.  I've seen them smash Shiloh, Dumas, Heber Springs and I've seen them come back from 16 down on the road @ McGehee.  We have a really good ball team, in ANY conference.

I'll hold my tongue on the subject until the end of the game, then.

G-Town38

Wow. Looks like someone is on the 4A-1 haters club. Dude or dudette, whichever you are, where are all these teams you are talking about? The only legitimate one you spoke of was your 5th seed who happened to get it together at the right time and managed to lose to the same team winning tonight's game.
Oh I know where ashdown is tonight. They are either at this game supporting their 4A-7 brethren or they are in the basketball gym.

redbug

I think it would be better to say that  ashdown would have made the playoffs if they were in another conference. The 7 is a tough place to play. The 1-4a despite my own doubts was a lot tougher this year. Farmington did knock out two conference champions on the road this year.

The 7 is a tough place to play your 5 seed made a very nice run the 7 has 2 teams still represented and the 7 is the only team to beat a 7. last year your 5 seed (malvern) would have won a couple of the conferences and played for the title in others.

Don't be ignorant and knock on a team who has accomplished a great deal this year. These kids have poured their blood sweat and tears on the practice field and in the weightroom to have this opportunity. Despite your feelings they deserve to be there.

SiriusHog

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 09:06:37 pm

Right now we are getting smashed by a really good Malvern team.  But give our kids a little bit of a break.  the last three weeks, they have had to travel to Heber, to Mcgehee and now to Malvern.  Thats a lot of miles and you cant make a determination of how good this team is by watching them play one game. 

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 09:06:37 pm

Farmington lost 3 STARTERS the week before they went on the road and beat McGehee.  They have been a great team.  Unless you have seen Ashdown play (and beat) Farmington this year, then you need to shut your stupid mouth.

SiriusHog

Quote from: G-Town38 on December 02, 2011, 09:08:19 pm
Wow. Looks like someone is on the 4A-1 haters club. Dude or dudette, whichever you are, where are all these teams you are talking about? The only legitimate one you spoke of was your 5th seed who happened to get it together at the right time and managed to lose to the same team winning tonight's game.
Oh I know where ashdown is tonight. They are either at this game supporting their 4A-7 brethren or they are in the basketball gym.

exactly Gtown.  Ashdown is at the house, so is Nashville.. Farmington is playing tonight..

Wahls

Quote from: SiriusHog on December 02, 2011, 09:13:25 pm

exactly Gtown.  Ashdown is at the house, so is Nashville.. Farmington is playing tonight..

Nashville is only at the house because they played Malvern. De Queen is at the house because of Nashville.

If either of those two teams play Farmington's road to Malvern they're in this game right now.

And your commentators sure are unbiased. lol

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 09:20:22 pm
Quote from: SiriusHog on December 02, 2011, 09:13:25 pm
So wait... where are Ashdown and Nashville???  Where was Ashdown WEEK 11???  Yeah.

Nashville is only at the house because they played Malvern. De Queen is at the house because of Nashville.

If either of those two teams play Farmington's road to Malvern they're in this game right now.

And your commentators sure are unbiased. lol

Wahls

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 02, 2011, 09:21:55 pmSo wait... where are Ashdown and Nashville???  Where was Ashdown WEEK 11???  Yeah.

I'm going to wait until the end to respond to this.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 02, 2011, 09:23:30 pm
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 02, 2011, 09:21:55 pmSo wait... where are Ashdown and Nashville???  Where was Ashdown WEEK 11???  Yeah.

I'm going to wait until the end to respond to this.
Well you just responded.  And why??? Think Nashville and Ashdown will be any better at basketball by then?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas