• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Rbi double for the Eagles to make it a 10-2 game
Bonnin in

bulldoghistorian

Double play then a strikeout!!!
Arkansas 10
Sothern Miss 2
Final

bulldoghistorian

Tomorrow's schedule:
DBU vs Sothern Miss 2:00 elimination game
Arkansas vs winner of Sothern DBU 7:00
If Arkansas wins tomorrow night, the regional is over.
If not, there will be a deciding game Monday night

bulldoghistorian

Dallas Baptist 9
Southern Miss 4
Final
Hogs will play DBU in the regional final beginning tonight at 7 on ESPN app
Just a reminder: if the Hogs win tonight, it's over
If DBU wins, there will be a deciding game tomorrow night

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Top 1st
DBU has loaded the bases with no out, and that's it for Campbell.
Reindl in

bulldoghistorian

They only get 1 run!!!
Here come the Hogs!!!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Gates leads off the 3rd with a hit then goes to 2nd on a ground out by Biggers

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Gates scores on a groundout
Baptist 2
Arkansas 1
End 3rd

bulldoghistorian

We've got a 3-2 lead in the 4th thanks to rbi's by Shaddy and Koch!!!

bulldoghistorian

Gates walks
New pitcher coming in

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 3
Baptist 2
End 4th

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Top 6: Kjerstad just went over the wall to save a home run!!! Look for it on Sports Center top 10 I bet!!
Hogs still lead 3-2

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Gates and Cole with hits in the 7th

bulldoghistorian

Kjerstad base hit to score Gates
Bonfield up 1st and 3rd 2 outs

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 4
Baptist 2
End 7th
Cronin in

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldoghistorian

Cronin strikes out the side in the 8th

bulldoghistorian

Hogs 3 outs away from a regional title, still up 4-2
Cronin back out

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Fly out makes it 4-3
1 out
Runner at 1st

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Kjerstad with the final out
We're headed to supers!!!

sportsguy80

That was a close one...WPS!!!

beach bum

Isn't it looking as if we are going to play South Carolina in the supers? The way this bracket is set up it may be an all SEC affair for us the way out from here. I am kind of bummed it has turned out this way. Especially, I wanted East Carolina or UNC Wilmington to come through that regional and us play them in the Supers. I think one of those two teams would have been a little shell shocked coming into Baum for the first time. If we play South Carolina they have already been here this season and won 1 game so familiarity will help them tremendously for the circumstances if that is the case of playing them. That said, we are just a better team overall than South Carolina and playing at our place so I think we are all feeling good about things.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on June 04, 2018, 06:21:00 am
Isn't it looking as if we are going to play South Carolina in the supers? The way this bracket is set up it may be an all SEC affair for us the way out from here. I am kind of bummed it has turned out this way. Especially, I wanted East Carolina or UNC Wilmington to come through that regional and us play them in the Supers. I think one of those two teams would have been a little shell shocked coming into Baum for the first time. If we play South Carolina they have already been here this season and won 1 game so familiarity will help them tremendously for the circumstances if that is the case of playing them. That said, we are just a better team overall than South Carolina and playing at our place so I think we are all feeling good about things.
Yes, I hate how they set the bracket up that way! I agree with you, I would rather play UNC Wilmington instead of South Carolina.

bulldoghistorian

South Carolina just won the Greenville North Carolina regional, so we'll play the Gamecocks in the super regional.
Dates/times tbd

sportsguy80

South Carolina is playing pretty good right now. Hopefully, we can keep the bats going and the rest will take care of itself.

Trojanbird

Quote from: sportsguy80 on June 04, 2018, 06:18:43 pm
South Carolina is playing pretty good right now. Hopefully, we can keep the bats going and the rest will take care of itself.
Amen to that!

sportsguy80

Did anyone else notice how they're making sure it will be a limited amount of SEC teams advancing to Omaha?? Three super regional series feature SEC matchups. I guess they normally set the bracket up this way not knowing how it's gonna play out. Geographically, some different matchups would have been more interesting like Tenn Tech vs Vandy or SC vs NC. Well I'm rooting for the hogs to be one of the three to move on!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: sportsguy80 on June 05, 2018, 04:31:05 pm
Did anyone else notice how they're making sure it will be a limited amount of SEC teams advancing to Omaha?? Three super regional series feature SEC matchups. I guess they normally set the bracket up this way not knowing how it's gonna play out. Geographically, some different matchups would have been more interesting like Tenn Tech vs Vandy or SC vs NC. Well I'm rooting for the hogs to be one of the three to move on!
I think they do that on purpose lol.
Who knows really though

WPWells

Yes, they set up the bracket that way on purpose expecting two of the top-seeded SEC teams to get knocked out in the regional  ::)

beach bum

It's not current Razorback news, but did any of you see where former Hog, Jalen Beeks is making his MLB debut for the Red Sox on the mound tomorrow against Detroit on ESPN at 6pm at Fenway. He is a local Prairie Grove graduate as well. I know that little town is proud of him. If he can control those butterflies that will be there making his debut at Fenway it should be a good showing how well he started in AAA this spring. The former Hogs are plugging along in the MLB.

sportsguy80

Quote from: beach bum on June 06, 2018, 04:58:20 pm
It's not current Razorback news, but did any of you see where former Hog, Jalen Beeks is making his MLB debut for the Red Sox on the mound tomorrow against Detroit on ESPN at 6pm at Fenway. He is a local Prairie Grove graduate as well. I know that little town is proud of him. If he can control those butterflies that will be there making his debut at Fenway it should be a good showing how well he started in AAA this spring. The former Hogs are plugging along in the MLB.
That's great news! I was just watching the hogs who were drafted today.

bulldoghistorian

Game is on ESPN News, but will move to ESPN2 at 6.

bulldoghistorian

Carolina 1
Arkansas 0
End 2nd

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Carolina solo shot to lead 2-1 mid 4th

bulldoghistorian

Martin leadoff single to start the bottom 4th

bulldoghistorian

Kjerstad hit by pitch
1st and 2nd for Bonfield no out