• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's going on in Go-Devil Land

Started by BigBob, August 14, 2017, 09:47:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 09:45:06 pm
If his dad is the one with legal custody it's fine if not the mom better start moving

This is somewhat true. Depends on the age of the kid. In the state of Arkansas the kid can choose where he wants to go at the age of 15 or 16 despite "legal custodial rights". Where it gets fishy in that regard is when child support starts getting brought up and who is to pay. If the parents can decide to swap custodial agreement amicably on an interim basis, it's considered legal. And it doesn't take long for a change in custodial decree to be typed up if both parents find common ground.

If it is indeed his father he moved with, I would suspect it's all legal and they are good to go.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2017, 04:34:47 pm
This is somewhat true. Depends on the age of the kid. In the state of Arkansas the kid can choose where he wants to go at the age of 15 or 16 despite "legal custodial rights". Where it gets fishy in that regard is when child support starts getting brought up and who is to pay. If the parents can decide to swap custodial agreement amicably on an interim basis, it's considered legal. And it doesn't take long for a change in custodial decree to be typed up if both parents find common ground.

If it is indeed his father he moved with, I would suspect it's all legal and they are good to go.
Bingo

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Oldman on August 15, 2017, 02:15:34 pm
Proof of a legitimate move as in Parent's or legal guardian's utilities is correct.

Prescott is pretty close to Gurdon, if he lived within the Prescott District he can transfer in 11 days after the start of the Fall school year and be eligible to play immediately

bigman5570

Proud Buckaroo

dawgpound

When sports is involved he has to live with the parent with custody it doesn't matter what district or anything if he switches schools he has to be with the parent with custody if just attending school they could care less who he lives with

WorkOrder

The kid is eligible per AAA. Lives with father in Prescott and father has custody. Everyone can quit worrying about this now. He's good to go.

dawgpound

I just hate to see a kid not be able to play bc of something stupid

stuck in between

I'm sure with the 12 coaches Prescott has the one who wears the title of Recruiting Cordinator made sure all I's were dotted and T's were crossed before the kid was ever given a helmet. Good luck to him at his new school and to the Wolves on their mission of repeating as 3-A champs.

RabidWolf

Serious question. I've heard, not on here, multiple people point out our 12 coaches. What is normal for a HS these days? Is 12 really that many compared to most?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: RabidWolf on August 25, 2017, 07:07:14 pm
Serious question. I've heard, not on here, multiple people point out our 12 coaches. What is normal for a HS these days? Is 12 really that many compared to most?

For a 3a school. Yes, it is. Most 3A schools have about 7-8.

Delta_Bravo

Longfellow

AmSycho

August 26, 2017, 02:57:29 am #63 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:30:17 pm by AmSycho
We have 11....i think. 5 on each side of the ball, and the head coach. Plus the jr high coaches that are there every game night. Total of 17 on game night. Lots of eyes on the field.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: RabidWolf on August 25, 2017, 07:07:14 pm

Quote from: AmSycho on August 26, 2017, 02:57:29 am
We have 15....i think. 7 on each side of the ball, and the head coach. Plus the jr high coaches that are there every game night. Total of 23ish on game night. Lots of eyes on the field.

We as in, whom?

AmSycho

August 26, 2017, 12:27:21 pm #65 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:31:23 pm by AmSycho
4A Division 1 in Texas. And I over estimated we only have 6 junior high coaches.

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2017, 04:21:27 am
We as in, whom?

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2017, 04:21:27 am
We as in, whom?

I'm not sure either PB.  But it sounds like they have either 11, 17, 15 or 23 coaches on a given night.

Rida4Life

Reality is that most AA and AAA schools work with around a 4 man staff.  Some have more but they are the lucky ones.

bear for life

I see the transfer guy muldrew is Prescott go to guy that boy has pure talent he could not be stopped last night

RabidWolf

Saw Gurdons starting QB transferred to a 1A school today on Facebook. When it rains it pours I suppose.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: RabidWolf on October 02, 2017, 11:36:13 pm
Saw Gurdons starting QB transferred to a 1A school today on Facebook. When it rains it pours I suppose.

Do what? Lol.

Katdaddy

RabidWolf

CoolBreeze

Probably won't matter much. Likely wouldn't have won more than one more game anyway.

denvercat

Very off topic but where did Gurdon's running back from a few years back end up going? Went and watched a buddy of mines son from Ida play Gurdon and that boy could flat fly.

Just My Opinion

WorkOrder

RabidWolf

I believe he plays alot for them. Anyone know?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: RabidWolf on October 03, 2017, 01:06:55 pm
I believe he plays alot for them. Anyone know?
He plays DB for the Bears and he has recorded 6 solo tackles this year, 2 of those came last week in a win over Sam Houston State!!! 

WorkOrder

He is playing a bunch on special teams and is playing safety as well

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas