• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A

Started by HighSchoolRecruiter, November 30, 2016, 08:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

And refs didn't help that game lol.... Jc girls won 72-23 over crossett

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SportsDad on December 16, 2016, 10:04:29 pm
Warren boys beat Smackover by 29 tonight....

Yep.. This is what our season is going to be like.. Very young team. Only two seniors.

DaytonaDuck

How many seniors does Warren have?

SportsDad

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on December 16, 2016, 10:33:01 pm
How many seniors does Warren have?
two or three.... only one that starts right now

SportsDad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2016, 10:26:19 pm
Yep.. This is what our season is going to be like.. Very young team. Only two seniors.
I feel ya... we had a tough season last year. We are very young this year, but loads of talent and lots of depth (now that the football players are getting into basketball shape).

Sports Guru

Hamburg lost to Fordyce 60-50 and are 3-6.

thabeast428

Jc boys beat crossett 56-44 to win the smackover tourney

KASH dba The Lumberjack

What was the Warren score in the Dumas tournament last night?

SportsDad

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 18, 2016, 11:00:38 am
What was the Warren score in the Dumas tournament last night?
Lost to Dermott by 11.... gonna take a few games to start getting all the players together on the same page....  tough when many of the players were playing for a football state championship just one week ago

SportsDad

I have to vent for a minute....
was at the Dumas tourney last night and the JACKS were playing Dermott.... game was pretty ugly, no flow because of so many whistles... but that is not the point of this post. One of the JACKS players, a very good football player that was catching td's and returning interceptions just a week ago missed a dunk (and was fouled on the attempt) and some idiot two rows above me starts mouthing that "that boy ain't got it in him... he ain't ready for big boy basketball".... I almost lost it.... that boy, as I told him, was playing for a state championship just last week... and that boy, would be just fine in basketball by the end of the season.

It makes my blood boil when idiot fans start criticizing the players, especially when those particular fans don't know the first thing about the sport. I couldn't help myself when I asked him "how many times has your school been playing football in mid-december.... oh, yea.... you all have been playing basketball since the first week of november."

Not sure if the guy was a dumas or mcgehee fan, but either way, it was obvious he doesn't recognize talent when he sees it, nor does he have any class when it comes to commenting on players.

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on December 18, 2016, 01:11:31 pm
I have to vent for a minute....
was at the Dumas tourney last night and the JACKS were playing Dermott.... game was pretty ugly, no flow because of so many whistles... but that is not the point of this post. One of the JACKS players, a very good football player that was catching td's and returning interceptions just a week ago missed a dunk (and was fouled on the attempt) and some idiot two rows above me starts mouthing that "that boy ain't got it in him... he ain't ready for big boy basketball".... I almost lost it.... that boy, as I told him, was playing for a state championship just last week... and that boy, would be just fine in basketball by the end of the season.

It makes my blood boil when idiot fans start criticizing the players, especially when those particular fans don't know the first thing about the sport. I couldn't help myself when I asked him "how many times has your school been playing football in mid-december.... oh, yea.... you all have been playing basketball since the first week of november."

Not sure if the guy was a dumas or mcgehee fan, but either way, it was obvious he doesn't recognize talent when he sees it, nor does he have any class when it comes to commenting on players.

Dermott. McGehee. All the same. Basketball schools.

Jimbo Morphis

An idiot in the stands at a basketball game? I'm shocked. Probably on of those who goes crazy over a shot block or a dunk when his team is down 20. Could not have been from McGehee.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 18, 2016, 04:30:42 pm
An idiot in the stands at a basketball game? I'm shocked. Probably on of those who goes crazy over a shot block or a dunk when his team is down 20. Could not have been from McGehee.

Haha

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Welcome to 8-4A basketball. Most fans don't know anything about the game other than Steph Curry shoots a lot of 3's. The refs are as bad as the fans because they've been around so long they talk to the crowd more than they make calls. Not one knows what a true "travel" is.
If you're talking about the Burks kid, he'll be making an impact in a couple more weeks. He was a little beat up after the football season. As soon as he and the other football boys get basketball legs, Warren will be ok.

Sports Guru

Hamburg 40 Star City 53

Monticello Classic Tournament

Sports Guru

Crossett 52 McGehee 57

ea cat

McGehee 61 Hamburg 49 boys
Hamburg 45 McGehee 40 girls

AirWarren

Warren over JC. Believe it was 50-48.

Jr jacks hammer the jr dragons 45-14.

thabeast428

Yea like at warren except viseverse for the sr boys lol... just thought when y'all had yalls 4 starters off the football team y'all were gonna blow us out. If I remember correct that's what we were told

AirItOut21

If Warren's best two players wouldn't have fouled out with 5 minutes left in the game it would have been a double digit loss for Junction at home. When they fouled out Warren had a 9 point lead.

AirWarren

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 11, 2017, 09:38:02 am
Yea like at warren except viseverse for the sr boys lol... just thought when y'all had yalls 4 starters off the football team y'all were gonna blow us out. If I remember correct that's what we were told

L.

Scram back to the little people boards.

thabeast428

January 11, 2017, 02:26:02 pm #71 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:28:24 pm by thabeast428
Yea yea yea obviously they got into foul trouble Bc a Jc player driving to the basket so it's all apart of the game. I was just going back to when we beat y'all at warren and the stuff that was brought up lol... it don't matter we lost so it is what it is

smackdat014

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 11, 2017, 02:26:02 pm
Yea yea yea obviously they got into foul trouble Bc a Jc player driving to the basket so it's all apart of the game. I was just going back to when we beat y'all at warren and the stuff that was brought up lol... it don't matter we lost so it is what it is

I also remember reading a junction fan saying Warren laid down to the Dragons and got beat. If that's th case then I guess the Dragons laid down last night

thabeast428

That makes no sense Jc just missed last shot to take in OT... but both games were too close to say one or the other laid down

AirWarren

Warren 61
Fo'dyze 54

Jimbo Morphis

Where did the Crossett guy go? Baseball board?

Sports Guru

Billie Blue

Monticello 68 Junction city 55 sr boys final

thabeast428

Wish I knew where y'all got those refs lol omg by far the worse ones I have seen! No excuse for us losing but dang it was bad especially girls game. Give a tech for two players clapping after they score lol come on. It is what it is tho y'all have a good team boys and girls

BobKat

i think the district tournament is set up where the 1 seeds from the north and south automatically qualify for regionals. if the bobcats win friday, they are going to nashville for the south regional tournament!! WHEN our girls win friday vs dewitt, we will have the 2 seed while dewitt and dollarway battle it out for the 3rd spot. GO BOBCATS! GO LADYCATS!

Billie Blue

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 18, 2017, 02:07:44 am
Wish I knew where y'all got those refs lol omg by far the worse ones I have seen! No excuse for us losing but dang it was bad especially girls game. Give a tech for two players clapping after they score lol come on. It is what it is tho y'all have a good team boys and girls
But it was some technical fouls called both ways in the girls game it was a lot of mouthing going on from both sides

Billie Blue

Quote from: BobKat on January 18, 2017, 08:49:55 pm
i think the district tournament is set up where the 1 seeds from the north and south automatically qualify for regionals. if the bobcats win friday, they are going to nashville for the south regional tournament!! WHEN our girls win friday vs dewitt, we will have the 2 seed while dewitt and dollarway battle it out for the 3rd spot. GO BOBCATS! GO LADYCATS!
From what I was told I don't think that it's going to be that way the way I was told was the 1 from the north side was going to play the 4 from the south side and vice versa the other way and they are going to play it out until they have the final four teams left and those top four will go straight to regionals with the champions being 1 seeds in regionals

BobKat

Quote from: Billie Blue on January 18, 2017, 10:02:10 pm
From what I was told I don't think that it's going to be that way the way I was told was the 1 from the north side was going to play the 4 from the south side and vice versa the other way and they are going to play it out until they have the final four teams left and those top four will go straight to regionals with the champions being 1 seeds in regionals
yeah i wasn't 100% sure how the tournament would be so we'll just have to see but it would be nice for the 1 seeds to automatically go instead of wasting energy on playing 4 seeds.

cantgetright

BobKat...you are correct on the format of the tournament. 1seeds from north and south have a bye to the district semis

BobKat

Quote from: cantgetright on January 19, 2017, 09:10:33 pm
BobKat...you are correct on the format of the tournament. 1seeds from north and south have a bye to the district semis
if so, then our guys are going to regionals because we are the #1 seed from the north because dollarway only beat dewitt 4 and we have the head to head with dollarway. GO CATS!

Jimbo Morphis

Mcgehee beat Monticello by double digits last night.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

What was the final score? Has Monticello and Hamburg slipped a little bit this year? I thought both teams were going to be loaded.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on January 20, 2017, 10:55:29 am
What was the final score? Has Monticello and Hamburg slipped a little bit this year? I thought both teams were going to be loaded.
I wasn't there but told we won by 13-15.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on January 20, 2017, 07:55:01 am
Mcgehee beat Monticello by double digits last night.

What is Mcgehee's overall record now?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on January 20, 2017, 11:18:05 am
I wasn't there but told we won by 13-15.

Monticello is too busy firing mayors and such.

AirWarren

Warren I believe is 11-9. Lost to McGehee on the 17th.

Play smackover tonight.

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Warren 71
Smackover 49

Billie Blue

The Saline River Shootout  basketball version tomorrow night will be 4 great games with the last one of the night the best with the lumberjacks football players in basketball shape and used to play the hoop now that the season is getting on the tail end should make a  great game will be a packed house

AirWarren

Warren goes down to Monticello.

What were the other scores?

BobKat

what was the score?

Billie Blue

Quote from: AirWarren on January 24, 2017, 08:35:28 pm

The sr boys score was Monticello 46 warren 40 the sr.girls game Monticello 77 warren 40 and don't remember the two jr high games scores but Warren won both of them

Sports Guru

Quote from: AirWarren on January 24, 2017, 08:35:28 pm

Crossett 58 Hamburg 60

Lions hit a 3 at the buzzer

Lady Chs 32 Hhs 50

AirItOut21

January 24, 2017, 11:32:04 pm #98 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:09:35 pm by AirItOut21
Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on January 24, 2017, 11:11:22 pm
Crossett 58 Hamburg 60

Lions hit a 3 at the buzzer

Lady Chs 32 Hhs 50

W

BobKat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas