• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A District Tournament @ Pocahontas

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 09, 2017, 12:54:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Really good win for Cave City. Size matters!!!

Radiotalker

Haha.....CC has a very good looking team.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Wizardofoz on February 16, 2017, 10:41:59 am
Westside vs Cave City in the finals.

I have seen both teams play several times and truly believe that Cave City is not as good as their record shows. They haven't looked good this whole tournament in my opinion and I think some of that is because they have been playing weaker competition throughout the conference. Westside is more battle tested when you look at who they have played throughout the season in conference play. I do not think Cave City can match up with westsides ability to shoot the ball at every position forcing cave city out of their zone defense making them play man is to westsides advantage. Westide wins this game by double digits and will be the number 1 seed going into regionals. This :'( is all about matchups and cave city doesn't match up well with westside and also hasn't been playing well as of late.

Cave City led buzzer to buzzer, allowing Westside to shoot mostly three pointers well out of their range and forcing them to drive and face the CCHS big men.  Cave City did not hit several wide open 3 pointers which kept Westside in the game.  CCHS did not play nearly as well as they are capable of playing on offense, but their defense made up the difference.  Westside simply did not match up well against Cave City, and they out worked Westside.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 16, 2017, 08:04:35 pm
I like Westside by 15 or more. If they are making shots which they do a lot of the time then I don't see CC staying in the zone. Just cant see CC making enough 3s to hang around.

The Cavemen couldn't hit the 3's, but made up for it with a swarming defense that kept Westside off balance, from buzzer to buzzer.  If CCHS would have hit their 3's as well as usual, and their free throws, it would not have been as close as it was.

Sports1511

87DAWG

Quote from: skins68 on February 16, 2017, 06:57:42 pm
I completely agree! The split in conferences is terrible for Poky, Highland and Cave City. The competion this year has been awful! This will hurt us moving forward in the future! I am not a fan of this split at all! We only have 3 4a schools on our side and 5 3a schools! This will hurt us every year when it comes time for district!
I agree with u on this less than average split but on the Boys side in Junior High Highland won and SR. Cave City won and the Jr Girls and Sr Girls was a split.....totally agree tho, weak weak weak....the Girls Jr High the side with more 3A teams was way stronger than the other side....of course, this is just my opinion

skins68

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 18, 2017, 09:50:04 am
I agree with u on this less than average split but on the Boys side in Junior High Highland won and SR. Cave City won and the Jr Girls and Sr Girls was a split.....totally agree tho, weak weak weak....the Girls Jr High the side with more 3A teams was way stronger than the other side....of course, this is just my opinion
Agree! Junior girls was very very tough! 7 out of the 8 teams could beat anyone on any given night!

skins68

Congrats to Cave city! That was the best I have seen Bacon play! He was on a mission! He was not going to let his team loose! If he continues to play like that and your point guard takes care of the ball the way he did, they are going to be a very tough out!

OB11

Quote from: skins68 on February 18, 2017, 01:19:53 pm
Congrats to Cave city! That was the best I have seen Bacon play! He was on a mission! He was not going to let his team loose! If he continues to play like that and your point guard takes care of the ball the way he did, they are going to be a very tough out!

Headline in the Jonesboro Sun this morning read "Bacon Sizzles, Cave City beats Westside for district title".

I'm sure the writer was saving that one for tourney time. haha

skins68

Quote from: OB11 on February 18, 2017, 01:24:16 pm
Headline in the Jonesboro Sun this morning read "Bacon Sizzles, Cave City beats Westside for district title".

I'm sure the writer was saving that one for tourney time. haha
LOL!

Donnie Jamon

Boys:
1. Cave City
2. Westside
3. Trumann
4. Brookland

Girls:
1. Pocahontas
2. Cave City
3. Highland