• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

??? Player Eligibility, after being ejected ???

Started by herewego, September 30, 2011, 09:59:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herewego

If a player or players are ejected from a Friday night game, is that player or players eligible to play the following week ? My understanding of the rule, is the player or players have to sit out the week after being ejected? Am i right or wrong?

CHSTigersFan

herewego

nightowl

Pit Bull

Referees can toss a player and use their discretion when deciding whether or not they play the next week. Suspensions must be on the officials game report that has to be turned in on monday morning and posted on line.

colts52

I thought it was stupid that the earle players even got ejected. Heck a bald knob play er threw the first punch and then bks whole team rushed the earle sideline. 50 and 25 were the players that were ejected. They did play tonight at Harrisburg. Wether it was rule abiding or not, I don't know

Constantine

Had suspensions went forward, Bald Knob would have loss to Manilla the following week because as to Colt52's point Bald Knob's team cleared the bench which would have made their entire team ineligible.... The two players from Earle would not have mattered in the beating of Harrisburg! I told everybody that their was some poor officiating...

herewego

If Harrisburg pushed the issue with the 2 players being ejected and found out they were not eligible to play, what could/would happen? Would Earle have to forfeit the game?  Again just trying to get some questions answered.  I'm trying to get a better understanding of some of the AAA rules.

Coltfan2005

Earle would have to forfiet the game if those players were indeed inelligible. Heard from a Hornet player this morning that it was going to be questioned.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Constantine on October 01, 2011, 07:54:04 am
Had suspensions went forward, Bald Knob would have loss to Manilla the following week because as to Colt52's point Bald Knob's team cleared the bench which would have made their entire team ineligible.... The two players from Earle would not have mattered in the beating of Harrisburg! I told everybody that their was some poor officiating...

wrong again. Unless the players were ejected the rule doesn't apply. the only question is for those who the officials actually ejected.

Pit Bull

Quote from: herewego on October 01, 2011, 04:27:47 pm
If Harrisburg pushed the issue with the 2 players being ejected and found out they were not eligible to play, what could/would happen? Would Earle have to forfeit the game?  Again just trying to get some questions answered.  I'm trying to get a better understanding of some of the AAA rules.
Do you actually think the AD who is also the Supt. would allow a kid to play if he was suspended. Go check the officials game report, it's on line. I got an answer for you, you're hoping you can find something to make you feel better about last night. Read AAA rule book if you want a better understanding, better yet call coach Johnson in BK and ask him if any kids were suspended from BK. :'( :'( :'(

herewego

Don't get upset, I'm just asking questions. I just want to better understand the rule. I am not a Harrisburg or Earle fan.  I must have hit a nerve, by questioning this, maybe it does need to be looked at a lil closer. Will you please post the web address for game reports? And from the famous words of Mick Foley, Have a nice day!!!!!!

Pit Bull

freethrow

johnharrison

That's twice someone has said "Read the game report.  It is online"

Please, give a direct link, not "it's on the website"

nightowl

Quote from: johnharrison on October 01, 2011, 07:26:21 pm

it on there can you read or did you go to school in parkin

herewego

Any school representative or athlete ejected from an event for unsportsmanlike conduct shall automatically be suspended from attending the next comparable event. Penalty may include forfeiture.

Constantine

Well go make it happen captain! That's the only prayer they have to beat Earle in the next 15 years....

Constantine

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 01, 2011, 04:34:37 pm

wrong again. Unless the players were ejected the rule doesn't apply. the only question is for those who the officials actually ejected.

You're so dumb, players from Bald Knob were ejected....

Constantine

Quote from: herewego on October 01, 2011, 09:25:56 pm
Any school representative or athlete ejected from an event for unsportsmanlike conduct shall automatically be suspended from attending the next comparable event. Penalty may include forfeiture.

Save this comment for the bass akwards referees that Bald Knob hired to officiate the game, they screwed the whole game up... Had they done their job, all the players that charged the field would have been ejected along with the Bald Knob player that started the fight.... The Dogs just came to play ball....

johnharrison

Quote from: nightowl on October 01, 2011, 08:03:26 pm
Quote from: johnharrison on October 01, 2011, 07:26:21 pm

it on there can you read or did you go to school in parkin

Just give a link.

Go to the site, copy the URL and post.

Show me the site.

delta31

Quote from: Constantine on October 01, 2011, 11:32:42 pm

Save this comment for the bass akwards referees that Bald Knob hired to officiate the game, they screwed the whole game up... Had they done their job, all the players that charged the field would have been ejected along with the Bald Knob player that started the fight.... The Dogs just came to play ball....
Quote from: Constantine on October 01, 2011, 11:32:42 pm

True Fan

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/FB_GameReportInstructions.pdf

Search doesn't work because it's not public information.

2. Login at the upper right‐hand corner.

johnharrison

goodtimes

Bald Knob did have 2 players ejected from the Earle game and they did not play Friday night against Manila.

True Fan

Constantine

goodtimes

There was also 2 players from Earle that got ejected so they should have not played Friday night and if they did they should have to forfeit their game. At least thats what the rules say.

Constantine

Yea, Bald Knob cleared their bench, have you been listening! None of them should have played last Friday, please don't half cook the beef.... We like our steak well done in the E....

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Constantine on October 01, 2011, 11:24:28 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 01, 2011, 04:34:37 pm

You're so dumb, players from Bald Knob were ejected....
Quote from: Constantine on October 02, 2011, 12:16:47 pm
Yea, Bald Knob cleared their bench, have you been listening! None of them should have played last Friday, please don't half cook the beef.... We like our steak well done in the E....

OK, I'll type slow for you. No one said players from Bald Knob weren't ejected. No one said the bench didn't clear. What I said was that the rules only apply to those who were ejected. It doesn't matter if the bench cleared unless every player was ejected. Again, the rule only applies to the players who were officially ejected.

goodtimes

October 02, 2011, 12:28:06 pm #30 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:44:02 pm by goodtimes
yes I was at the game... the question ask was could players play after getting ejected. the whole team was not ejected. I am not here to argue. This game has been played and is over.

Coltfan2005

Officials do not have a choice after ejecting a player or players. this has to be reported. According to AAA rules, no player shall play the following game after being ejected. If the officials did not report it, harrisburg can still report a violation which the AAA will investigate....talk to earle, talk to bald Knob, talk to the officials, watch game film. I think the bottom line is that if Harrisburg makes a call Monday, earle may have a problem.

nightowl

no BK would have the problem it would be there second conference lost.  their entire team was on the field

Coltfan2005

actually, it was stated before that Bald Knob didn't play the students in question.

redandgray

Apparently Coltfan2005 you can't possibly type slow enough.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO CLEARED THE BENCH AND WHO WAS ON THE FIELD!!! 

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IN A GAME IS WHO IS EJECTED FROM A GAME!!!

AND....LET ME SAY AGAIN...IF A PLAYER OR PLAYERS WERE EJECTED FROM A GAME, THEY CAN'T PLAY THE NEXT GAME.

Not talking about the Earle-BK game specifically...but just the facts. 

AGAIN, IF ANYONE BRINGS UP THE ARGUMENT AGAIN THAT PLAYERS FROM BK CLEARED THE BENCH (EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN SAID OVER AND OVER THAT WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING)...weld "STUPID" onto the end of a hammer and slap yourself in the forehead with it. 

Sorry, isn't usually like me but geez....come on.

HORNET FAN

Earl is my Hero!!

So, Earle cleared the bench?

I love stupid people. Let me ask a question, after the bench cleared and the dust settled, did the game continue?

It the answer is yes, then obviously the refs did not eject evey player. If they had, the game would have ended and been recorded as a forfeit.

Duh.

Coltfan2005

Actually it was said that BK cleared their bench. I don't know for sure, I was not there. But I do know for sure at least 2 BK players and 2 earle players were ejected.

herewego

After further research, I've have found out, a player or players can NOT play the following week after being ejected. I know what all you others have been saying and you all are correct, but I wanted to get the info straight from the rule makers.  What I failed to ask the rule makers, would the players be eligible to play this week and would the team have to forfeit the game.

herewego

Also the general public can not view official game reports, even if you are able to login the site.

True Fan

October 03, 2011, 11:44:04 am #40 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:52:13 am by True Fan
The question was, what is the rule? The first reply answered  that.

The bigger question was, how is it enforced? That brought up the use of online game reports. They have to be submitted to be official.

There was also a mention that the official involved had a choice of whether not it would carry into next week. You won't find that in any rulebook.

HardNosedFootball

October 03, 2011, 01:01:26 pm #41 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:09:33 pm by HardNosedFootball
Earle played the two that were ejected, violating AAA rules.

In other words, it doesn't matter how bad you beat Harrisburg, this bonehead move by Coleman and crew just cost you a win if Harrisburg acts on it, unless the referee never submitted it, which seems to be the question at hand. If the Bald Knob players sat, then I would assume it was.

redandgray

Coaches know if a kid(s) is ejected that he can't play the next week.  Plain and simple.  I don't know who was or wasn't ejected in the Earle-BK game but if Earle had a couple ejected and played them against Harrisburg....big time dumb!

HardNosedFootball

Quote from: redandgray on October 03, 2011, 01:35:26 pm
Coaches know if a kid(s) is ejected that he can't play the next week.  Plain and simple.  I don't know who was or wasn't ejected in the Earle-BK game but if Earle had a couple ejected and played them against Harrisburg....big time dumb!

It's been confirmed that #25 Shakur Johnson and #50 were played after being ejected the previous week. That's the basic fact and I can't believe Coleman would play them. I thought he had more sense than that.

colts52

I was at the earle game the past 2 Fridays. I witnessed the two earle players get ejected 25 and 50! They both played illegally per rules via AAA. Why the heck isn't somebody calling the AAA ten times a day. From my understanding playing with ineligible players leads to forfeiture of the game and everygame they play in until their punishment is met. If I was earle I'd hurry up
And sit them for a week so I wouldn't have to forfeit the reattach of my season

HORNET FAN

I AM EARLE, I CAN PLAY IF I WANT TOO IS THEIR MENTALITY. lol keep playing them.
It will be someone else's fault in the end.

HardNosedFootball

The question is whether or not Hburg pushes it. But really, I don't think they should have to even press it. It should just be dealt with accordingly. I mean, it appears as if Earle's AD and Superintendent is actually foolish enough to allow them to play. For the AAA to turn a blind eye to a flagrant infraction...

executioner9

The real question should be "Did the AAA contact Earle and tell them these players would be ineligible?".
With that being said AAA will contact a school if this was so.
I don't think Coach Coleman would do anything to hurt a chance of an undefeated season.
He is way too classy and disciplined to use players when he doesn't have too.

True Fan

Is that really the policy? AAA isn't known for being proactive in these types of situations.

The rule is clear. It says the penalty applies if you are ejected. It doesn't say, if you are ejected, the ejecting official follows the proper submission procedure defined by your local state association, the state association notifies you of of suspension, and you decide that you will accept the decision without appeal.

True Fan

It happened on a call a few years ago against Glen Rose. Running back popped up after a hard tackle at patted the hat of the tackler. His attaboy was ruled a swing and he missed a playoff game. Film supported the player. The AAA, when contacted, advised the school to contact the official saying he was the only one who could reverse the call. It seems like the calls went unanswered and he missed the next game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas