• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Enrollment

Started by #1 Blazer Fan, October 03, 2007, 03:52:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Blazer Fan

There has been a lot of discussion about enrollment and school choice. So I did some research on the numbers.

Source: adedata.k12.ar.us
Date: 2006/2007 school year

School     Enrollment K-12/ Total Choice K-12     Enrollment 9-12
Poc.        2007              /  60                         646
High.       1591              /  16                         505
Osc.        1526             /   0                          441
Riv.         1317             /   0                          376
West.      1677             /   0                          517
VV          1948             /   7                          546
Gos.        1476            /    13                        397
Tru.        1670            /    0                          557

Total Choice: This is when a student opts to attend a school district that they do not live in. These students are counted separately by the Dept. of Ed.
PS: I hope this addresses the VV recruiting rumors.       

Peety

Good research Blazer fan!

MrOfficial

October 03, 2007, 08:56:49 am #2 Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:02:45 am by MrOfficial
I know for a FACT the Rivercrest, Osceola, & Gosnell numbers are incorrect on the "total choice" category !  ;)  So these numbers really mean very little.  In an arena that strives on statistics and numbers, they are the WORST at altering them for benefit !

Coltfan2005

Wow, looks like Pokey fans that have been talking about recruitment need to step back and look inward.

Quote from: MrOfficial on October 03, 2007, 08:56:49 am
I know for a FACT the Rivercrest, Osceola, & Gosnell numbers are incorrect on the "total choice" category !  ;)  So these numbers really mean very little.  In an arena that strives on statistics and numbers, they are the WORST at altering them for benefit !

Are you saying that Rivercrest, Osceola, and Gosnell are altering numbers? That would seem illegal.

MrOfficial

... call it what you want.  The kids are there !

Flyer 87

I'm sure Pokey's numbers are below that now.  I know we have lost students due to factory closings in town.  The choice numbers are probably accurate. We gained quite a few from the corning district when Biggers-Reyno closed and I know we are getting a lot at the jr high/ high school level from twin rivers and maynard.

#1 Blazer Fan

Please reference the Dept of Ed. website to verify these numbers. Nothing was altered.

coltmom#10

MrOfficial

Quote from: #1 Blazer Fan on October 03, 2007, 06:38:17 pm
Please reference the Dept of Ed. website to verify these numbers. Nothing was altered.

I never implied YOU altered them, I was referring to the schools !

#1 Blazer Fan

Missco

I think the enrollment's for Osc,Gos, and RHS are correct. However, the number of school choice students are higher than the numbers reported. Those numbers are not plus enrollment. They are already added into the enrollment number. The website is just listing how many of the total number are school choice students.

Missco

October 04, 2007, 12:41:15 am #11 Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:46:17 am by Missco
The school choice numbers are not a lot higher at those schools. A lot of kids live in other districts but they just lie about their address. School funding is based on the actual enrollment of each school. The actual 100% true numbers are listed somewhere.  These websites vary because some numbers are listed for 10-12, some for 9-12, and some for 7-12.

rebelpride

Quote from: #1 Blazer Fan on October 03, 2007, 03:52:30 am
There has been a lot of discussion about enrollment and school choice. So I did some research on the numbers.

Source: adedata.k12.ar.us
Date: 2006/2007 school year

School     Enrollment K-12/ Total Choice K-12     Enrollment 9-12
Osc.        1526             /   0                          441
Riv.         1317             /   0                          376
West.      1677             /   0                          517
Tru.        1670            /    0                          557

Total Choice: This is when a student opts to attend a school district that they do not live in. These students are counted separately by the Dept. of Ed.

haha.

aint nobody wanting to live in westside... 0 total choice.

FootballGuy43

Maybe if they got a different coach and started winning games...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas