• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover boys basketball open

Started by WHITEchicken, April 15, 2017, 03:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on April 30, 2017, 11:10:21 am
We are both right. I thought PB meant that no one was coaching multiple sports. If what you were saying was head coaching then you are 100% correct. Which it makes sense.
That is exactly what he said. Not sure what he meant.

WHITEchicken

Oldman he said no coaches coach multiple sports in his first post. I told you that you are suppose to be my source from now on since you knew about the head football coach hire before anyone else. It is true that no coach is the head coach of multiple sports, I was pointing out that all of them do coach multiple sports.

Proud Buckaroo

He knew about it because I told him. Lol.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2017, 03:14:45 pm
He knew about it because I told him. Lol.
You told me the wrong guy the first time.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on April 30, 2017, 03:27:30 pm
You told me the wrong guy the first time.

The first guy was the other applicant. I did get the wrong name the first time. But, I did correct it once I figured out I had given the wrong one. LOL.

WHITEchicken

I get all my real info from the paper, website, and talking to a few locals.

Proud Buckaroo

not really heard any big names applying for this job. Hopefully we got a home run coach like we landed with the football position.

PapaHog

WHITEchicken

PB or oldman have to answer that. I have no leads on it yet.

old.dole

Are they starting interviews tomorrow or later in the week?

Proud Buckaroo

I was told they started some interviews Friday. Not done yet.

PapaHog

Heard they interviewed some good ones today???? "Heard"

WHITEchicken

Is that a question or comment???

old.dole

PapaHog

It's an I don't know what I'm talking about and was hoping you Smackovaries could confirm lol

old.dole

WHITEchicken

Still nothing. I'll update but I'm not the greatest source of info. You need old man or PB for the best info.

Jimbo Morphis

I have and don't want any sources on Smorplet basketball or their state championship cheerleading squad.

WHITEchicken

I heard the cheer squad is prepped for another run at state.

Proud Buckaroo

Coach Long does a very good job with those girls!!

old.dole

PB have you heard anything about interviews?

Proud Buckaroo

Interviewed a potential candidate that they really like. He's a younger guy and they really like him for the job. They haven't decided yet.

PapaHog

Proud Buckaroo

He was mentioned earlier in the thread.

basketballcoach15

Wonder when they would offer their candidate.

WHITEchicken

Word on the street is basketballcoach15 is the front runner. Haha. I would figure they will try to lock up who they want pretty quick since another basketball job just came open in union county.

basketballcoach15

old.dole

They will definitely be competing with parkers chapel for the best candidate

basketballcoach15

old.dole

basketballcoach15

The same candidates don't always apply for the same jobs. Parkers Chapel is not the same type of job Smackover is. I've heard most of the applicants are young guys without any HC experience.

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 03, 2017, 08:23:47 pm
The same candidates don't always apply for the same jobs. Parkers Chapel is not the same type of job Smackover is. I've heard most of the applicants are young guys without any HC experience.

You have heard that about Parkers Chapel?

old.dole

Don't always but more times than not being that close together I figure they will have a lot of the same applicants

basketballcoach15

PapaHog

I heard some guy from Camden interviewed and was pretty impressive.

old.dole

I had heard that also but thought my source may have gotten it backwards with the guy from caddo hills since they big start with a c

Proud Buckaroo

Caddo Hills coach interviewed the other day.

I believe a Camden coach interviewed as well.

basketballcoach15

A source told me that the job has been offered to a current assistant coach on the El Dorado staff. Anyone?

old.dole

I figured they would be offering sometime this week but I haven't heard anything

old.dole

I heard this morning that they maybe going to bring a few in for second interviews? Can anyone confirm?

WHITEchicken

I think they might be at a stand still because of state softball/baseball.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: old.dole on May 09, 2017, 10:10:55 am
I heard this morning that they maybe going to bring a few in for second interviews? Can anyone confirm?

As far as I know. They are still doing interviews. So, Yeah. You're correct.

I was also told by someone else that they have possibly offered the job to a coach from el dorado.

Gateraide

Rumor has it the position has been filled.. 

old.dole

Gateraide

I'm not sure if it's finalized but a very reliable source says the guy that is actually an assistant at eldorado not the one that played one on tv at the espn game season before last.

old.dole

May 12, 2017, 08:01:02 pm #95 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:06:00 pm by old.dole
Dark headed guy or the light headed guy? I only saw a few games of theirs this past season so I'm not sure which one it could be

Gateraide

He's dark! Believe goes by the name of Turner

AirItOut21

That would be a good hire for Smackover. Has any heard that it is official yet?

WHITEchicken

Nope haven't heard anything. They might keep lips sealed until school board approves.

Proud Buckaroo

School board has to approve to the hire first. I haven't heard anything on when the timeline is.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas