Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, March 26th, 2017.
FearlessFriday
Welcome to Fearless Friday
Welcome to FearlessFriday
Fearless Friday.
FearlessFriday
Arkansas only one stop for High School Sports!

Author Topic: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings  (Read 934 times)

Offline julesverne

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:56:43 am »
 The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his week 2 rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/arkansas-week-2-rankings/

Offline Almatrackster

• Head Coach
Re: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:33:34 pm »
I could certainly see some logic how Batesville gets spit out as number 3 in 5A, but I find it very interesting.

I'm looking at the few teams behind them and I think I can go all the way down to Alma to find teams that have an argument to be ahead.

I know Rich still reads the board and talks about it on his wordpress some, so maybe he can find some time to talk about this a little.

Batesville:
A loss to a top 3 6A school. Not necessarily by a wide margin, but it wasn't close either. A close loss to an...average? 6A team. Hard to say what average is in 6A. I think Alma was average in 6A when they were in it.

Little Rock McClellan:
Perhaps McClellan's 76 point win over the Texas school isn't impressive? I have no idea about that school. I just saw "Texas." But I thought their loss was similar to Batesville's loss to Jonesboro. Batesville and McClellan have to be close.

Sylvan Hills:
Perhaps RPS doesn't see Catholic as a good win this year, but it's not bad for 5A. Perhaps the 1 point win over an average 5A team is what puts them below the Pioneers.

Watson Chapel:
I could see why they are below Batesville. Their win over Dollarway doesn't look good now. A loss to Pine Bluff is a loss to Pine Bluff. WC is just "Who knows?"

Morrilton:
Close loss to a pretty good 6A school and a win over a team that a 100-0 score would not mean anything.

Alma:
A two score win over VB won't look too good as the year goes along and a close loss to Springdale will have to wait to see how "good" that loss was.

I guess after talking myself through it, I could see RPS spitting out these rankings...

So how close are #3-#8 in 5A

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas
Hot n' Ready Player of the Game
Fearless Friday FANatic