Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, August 18th, 2017.
Football is around the corner. We have schedules loaded and will add some features to the Team pages on our website. Come join. It's fr
2017 High School Schedules are online at FearlessFriday.com
Thank you for a banner year for AR HS Sports and on Fearless Friday. Thanks for your contributions throughout this past year.
FearlessFriday
Welcome to Fearless Friday
Welcome to FearlessFriday

Author Topic: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings  (Read 1125 times)

Offline julesverne

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:56:43 am »
 The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his week 2 rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/arkansas-week-2-rankings/

Offline Almatrackster

• Head Coach
Re: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 2 Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:33:34 pm »
I could certainly see some logic how Batesville gets spit out as number 3 in 5A, but I find it very interesting.

I'm looking at the few teams behind them and I think I can go all the way down to Alma to find teams that have an argument to be ahead.

I know Rich still reads the board and talks about it on his wordpress some, so maybe he can find some time to talk about this a little.

Batesville:
A loss to a top 3 6A school. Not necessarily by a wide margin, but it wasn't close either. A close loss to an...average? 6A team. Hard to say what average is in 6A. I think Alma was average in 6A when they were in it.

Little Rock McClellan:
Perhaps McClellan's 76 point win over the Texas school isn't impressive? I have no idea about that school. I just saw "Texas." But I thought their loss was similar to Batesville's loss to Jonesboro. Batesville and McClellan have to be close.

Sylvan Hills:
Perhaps RPS doesn't see Catholic as a good win this year, but it's not bad for 5A. Perhaps the 1 point win over an average 5A team is what puts them below the Pioneers.

Watson Chapel:
I could see why they are below Batesville. Their win over Dollarway doesn't look good now. A loss to Pine Bluff is a loss to Pine Bluff. WC is just "Who knows?"

Morrilton:
Close loss to a pretty good 6A school and a win over a team that a 100-0 score would not mean anything.

Alma:
A two score win over VB won't look too good as the year goes along and a close loss to Springdale will have to wait to see how "good" that loss was.

I guess after talking myself through it, I could see RPS spitting out these rankings...

So how close are #3-#8 in 5A

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas