Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, October 23rd, 2017.
Week 7 Review
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Week 2 Review
Week 1 Review

Author Topic: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 1 Rankings  (Read 1629 times)

Offline julesverne

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 1 Rankings
« on: September 05, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his week 1 rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/09/02/arkansas-week-1-rankings-by-class/

Online The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
Re: Rich's Power System (RPS) Week 1 Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:34:24 pm »
Man I tell ya, we can all debate on how the RPS system works and who gets placed where and "this team shouldn't be ranked" and "this team should be higher" and all that.

But one thing no one can deny. Rich is definitely very entertaining. Loved the breakdowns and the opinons and thoughts on the college games as well.

Good looking rankings. I don't put too much into overall ones cause they are so up in the air but each class's ones I can agree with. Keep up the good work dude.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 02:36:18 pm »
Man I tell ya, we can all debate on how the RPS system works and who gets placed where and "this team shouldn't be ranked" and "this team should be higher" and all that.

But one thing no one can deny. Rich is definitely very entertaining. Loved the breakdowns and the opinons and thoughts on the college games as well.

Good looking rankings. I don't put too much into overall ones cause they are so up in the air but each class's ones I can agree with. Keep up the good work dude.

His system gets better as the season progresses. I like it

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »
He discusses the issues with schedule errors and that is very real. That's a real issue for me when it comes time to verify for our scoreboard an schedule for each week.

I pride myself in this being as accurate as possible.  We get the original schedules as submitted and they are  entered into our database by others.  My "job" comes afterwards when I seek info on here and Twitter from people to verify it all.  Early in the year, it's very hard.  Last week was absurd.

Using the paper as a guide, I discovered 13 errors of games listed for Friday night.  Some errors were simple home/away reversals.  Some where teams playing wrong teams. Some were missing games altogether. Some where teams listed who have long ago cancelled their season.  A lot of the issues involve the trickledown results from teams changing games due to those cancelled seasons.  I wish the AAA was a good source but they are not.  They don't update.  Max Preps is in partnership now and it's awful.  But, we got you covered.

How do you verify a game when in doubt when you're just doing this as a "hobby'?  I sell cookies for a real job, I'm not a journalist nor pretend to be.  But I tell you what, I take a ton of pride in the scoreboard on this website.  Lanny provides the means and Douglas works on the tech part to help it all happen and it's incredible how many other media outlets use this site for information.

To answer the question above, the answer is I personally called several of the schools on Friday to find out.  Heck, I knew no other way and wanted to know.

Rich and I have discussed this issue many many times in past years.  We cross checked each other striving to get things correct.  I appreciated his help and friendship.  Professionally, he's on to another gig but we still share a common bond in the lack of accuracy found in AR HS Football scores and scheduling.

Sorry for the lecture.  What I want to express is how much WE appreciate all of your interest in this website and your assistance in getting information correct.

#WeGotScores

Offline PA Dad

• All Star
  • Credit to the man in the arena
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 04:25:38 pm »
You do a great job.  FF is my first source for scores/information on Friday night.

Offline Longfellow

• Assistant Coach
  • Call me Fellow, Longfellow
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 04:35:36 pm »
First source?? It's the only source I use. Only reliable one anyway

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 05:23:10 pm »
First source?? It's the only source I use. Only reliable one anyway

I'll use #arpreps on twitter as they'll have a lot of the scores, but FF is the best for getting them all.

Offline Longfellow

• Assistant Coach
  • Call me Fellow, Longfellow
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 05:40:26 pm »
I don't have Twitter

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Let's repeat. It's fun.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »
I don't have Twitter

Oh good. Another sane human being out there.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 05:46:31 pm »
I don't have Twitter

It appears you have a phone, lol......

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »
The writers that cover games for AR Preps do a great job.

Online 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »
Its hard to believe with the score but I saw Southside kids trying on one side of the ball at least in the first half. Baffling how a team seems to have to break in a new QB on a yearly basis. Like every other Southside team of recent they will improve and by year end be worthy of RPS consideration. All I can say is Fayetteville must be a juggernaut if they have more than Harber. I hope Harber shows up against Jenks so we can see where the top of Arkansas football stands with a top program in the country.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 07:33:11 pm by 7AFBFAN »

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »
Its hard to believe with the score but I saw Southside kids trying on one side of the ball at least in the first half. Baffling how a team seems to have to break in a new QB on a yearly basis. Like every other Southside team of recent they will improve and by year end be worthy of RPS consideration. All I can say is Fayetteville must be a juggernaut if they have more than Harber. I hope Harber shows up against Jenks so we can see where the top of Arkansas football stands with a top program in the country.

Harber should get another week to tune up prior to the showdown with Jenks.  That game will be really, really tough unless HB can control the clock.  Really hope they can bring a win home for AR against the OK power. 

Online HorseFeathers

• Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »
He discusses the issues with schedule errors and that is very real. That's a real issue for me when it comes time to verify for our scoreboard an schedule for each week.

I pride myself in this being as accurate as possible.  We get the original schedules as submitted and they are  entered into our database by others.  My "job" comes afterwards when I seek info on here and Twitter from people to verify it all.  Early in the year, it's very hard.  Last week was absurd.

Using the paper as a guide, I discovered 13 errors of games listed for Friday night.  Some errors were simple home/away reversals.  Some where teams playing wrong teams. Some were missing games altogether. Some where teams listed who have long ago cancelled their season.  A lot of the issues involve the trickledown results from teams changing games due to those cancelled seasons.  I wish the AAA was a good source but they are not.  They don't update.  Max Preps is in partnership now and it's awful.  But, we got you covered.

How do you verify a game when in doubt when you're just doing this as a "hobby'?  I sell cookies for a real job, I'm not a journalist nor pretend to be.  But I tell you what, I take a ton of pride in the scoreboard on this website.  Lanny provides the means and Douglas works on the tech part to help it all happen and it's incredible how many other media outlets use this site for information.

To answer the question above, the answer is I personally called several of the schools on Friday to find out.  Heck, I knew no other way and wanted to know.

Rich and I have discussed this issue many many times in past years.  We cross checked each other striving to get things correct.  I appreciated his help and friendship.  Professionally, he's on to another gig but we still share a common bond in the lack of accuracy found in AR HS Football scores and scheduling.

Sorry for the lecture.  What I want to express is how much WE appreciate all of your interest in this website and your assistance in getting information correct.

#WeGotScores

I've called the schools on many Fridays before I make a road trip....Done it one time for a basketball game, can't even remember where....and got there and the parking lot was EMPTY...Told myself never again. You'd be surprised how many times you get someone that doesn't know if they are playing or not, forget about where they are playing..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas