Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, March 23rd, 2017.
FearlessFriday
Welcome to Fearless Friday
Welcome to FearlessFriday
Fearless Friday.
FearlessFriday
Arkansas only one stop for High School Sports!

Author Topic: RR's overall top 10 after week 2  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
RR's overall top 10 after week 2
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:34:44 pm »
It's always tough to get people to agree on an overall top 10, but here are my thoughts after 2 weeks:

1.  Fayetteville- by a large margin.  They might be on another level this year
2.  Bentonville- Last week I had PB at 2, but after seeing the Tigers tonight, they are right there
3.  Pine Bluff- appear to be the class of 6A, but GW is ready for the fight
4.  Harber- Big jump this week.  Close loss last week to Webb City, but a huge win tonight against KC Rock
5.  Greenwood- they just seem to have SS's number lately
6.  PA- ended up winning by 2 TD's, but started slow tonight
7.  Bryant- 2 solid wins
8.  Northside- need to find more offense, but D will keep them in most games
9.  Cabot- held on against an improved Catholic team
10. Southside- can't seem to beat GW, but they are a good team

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • Even a broken clock is right 2 or 3 times a day
Re: RR's overall top 10 after week 2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:37 pm »
Greenwood may be ready for the fight, but after the first 2 weeks of noncon, I'd still pick Pine Bluff by 17.
We have plenty to work on in the next 8 weeks before battling for the title.

I see where you put Southside under Cabot who won. But I'd still maybe have them two switched. Other than that, looks good.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »
I could see where 8-10 could be in any order.  Looking ahead, SS will probably be better than Cabot and NS by the end of the season.

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 10:56:14 pm »
I am seeing a good argument already for the 6A to be at the top overall if GW and PB face off undefeated in WMS. I am not seeing anyone on either schedule to change that. 7A will have a tough time going undefeated with 5 or 6 very good teams.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:27 pm »
Good point 7A, but I don't see Fayetteville losing.  I really think they could be an elite top 25 national program with that explosive offense.  I will be very surprised if they drop a game this year. 

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 11:01:24 pm »
12th Man's Rankings will come out later tonight for comparison purposes

Offline SNWA

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 12:11:55 am »
Don't think GW and PB can meet up in Little Rock. They already have the stupid schedule. Dumbest thing AAA ever did and that's saying a lot. It would be a semi final match up.

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 12:15:37 am »
Don't think GW and PB can meet up in Little Rock. They already have the stupid schedule. Dumbest thing AAA ever did and that's saying a lot. It would be a semi final match up.

That is ludicrous. The finals will be a joke.

Offline urban legend2

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 09:55:46 am »

Still got a lot of season left but they look like the top 2 in 6A right now.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 08:44:20 am »
Here is Jeremy Muck's (ADG) top 10 after week 2:

1.  Fayetteville
2.  Bentonville
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Cabot
5.  Bryant
6.  PA
7.  Greenwood
8.  Southside
9.  Northside
10.  Harber

Offline Coach Venny Slocombe

• Father of the HUNH Spread Split Veer
  • Legend
  • PUHLease!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 07:36:46 am »
FHS is by far and away the best in the state...not sure anyone is even three TD's close...

PB is the best in 6A till proven otherwise, until Greenwood cleans up the secondary PB would destroy them...

PA wins 5A, just send the trophy...

Warren I think in 4A...

3A is a toss up...

2A JC wins again...don't let the Rison game fool you...9 out of 10 times JC wins...

Offline Longfellow

• All Star
  • Call me Fellow, Longfellow
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 08:13:41 am »
FHS is by far and away the best in the state...not sure anyone is even three TD's close...

PB is the best in 6A till proven otherwise, until Greenwood cleans up the secondary PB would destroy them...

PA wins 5A, just send the trophy...

Warren I think in 4A...

3A is a toss up...

2A JC wins again...don't let the Rison game fool you...9 out of 10 times JC wins...
I would agree, except for 4A. I think Nashville will take the title

Offline Overdahill

• Starter
  • Make a Difference
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 08:25:00 am »
Here is Jeremy Muck's (ADG) top 10 after week 2:

1.  Fayetteville
2.  Bentonville
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Cabot
5.  Bryant
6.  PA
7.  Greenwood
8.  Southside
9.  Northside
10.  Harber

surprised Bryant being that high

Offline Pr8hd

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 08:31:43 am »

I don't think this is true...I posted this on 6A board

It looks like that is not necessarily true depending on how the regular season shakes out for both....C1 and E2 on one side of bracket as the bye seeds  and E1 and S1 on the other side as the bye seeds. Therefore, if both win their conferences they would not potentially meet till the championship game in LR.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/y_VNjj0DEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/U6z5Mj0JEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-15/2015-centennial-bank-state-football-play-offs-2015-6a-football-state-bracket-.htm

This seems likely since last year C1 and S1 were on same side of bracket as ED went on to face Benton (last years S1) again in the semis after beat GW (last years C1) in Quarters and Jonesboro (last years E1) faced PB (last years S2) in the other.  The rotation would make sense as above this year.

This is putting cart way before the horse though. 

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »

It looks like that is not necessarily true depending on how the regular season shakes out for both....C1 and E2 on one side of bracket as the bye seeds  and E1 and S1 on the other side as the bye seeds. Therefore, if both win their conferences they would not potentially meet till the championship game in LR.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/y_VNjj0DEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/U6z5Mj0JEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-15/2015-centennial-bank-state-football-play-offs-2015-6a-football-state-bracket-.htm

This seems likely since last year C1 and S1 were on same side of bracket as ED went on to face Benton (last years S1) again in the semis after beat GW (last years C1) in Quarters and Jonesboro (last years E1) faced PB (last years S2) in the other.  The rotation would make sense as above this year.

Barring injury it would be hard to see either of those teams losing seed 1. I do agree though anything is possible in the playoffs. Often it takes even the top teams a break to get to WMS.

Offline Pr8hd

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 08:27:48 am »

Barring injury it would be hard to see either of those teams losing seed 1. I do agree though anything is possible in the playoffs. Often it takes even the top teams a break to get to WMS.

This part about being lucky and getting some breaks is so true. Of course, it helps to be good, but no doubt gotta have some things go your way.

I think last year the GW collective thought they caught a huge break when PB lost to Benton late in the season last year  to secure the S1 seed; therefore,  throwing PB to other side of bracket. No one in GW wanted to face PB anywhere, but possibly the finals and take our chances there. PB was a mismatch issue for GW, but the thought was if  they could get to the Rock, Jones might be able to work some magic. GW really felt better about facing Benton as potential semi-final matchup despite Benton having a stellar season...they felt so good they completely overlooked an ED team that had misfired much of the year but clicked at GW with their best game. The week before that same ED team struggled to beat LR Parkview after trailing by a few scores late I believe.

The last 2 years has had some really squirrelly things shake lose at the end mostly in that South conference that made the seeds shake up from what it appeared it should be...in 2013 it really should have been ED that came to GW not PB in the semis as well.  Fate had other plans for the end of the 50 game streak....really wish it would have happened at SS or Conway a few weeks earlier (meaningless games (albeit exciting last second wins that extended the streak)  compared to a semi-final with a birth to championship on the line. GW would have readily cashed in the streak at 46-47 for another state title appearance.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas
Hot n' Ready Player of the Game
Fearless Friday FANatic