Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, October 19th, 2017.
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Week 2 Review
Week 1 Review
Brand new #FearlessFriday LIVE Scoreboard format to debut this Friday. STAY TUNED!

Author Topic: WAY TOO EARLY 2015 state championship predictions  (Read 14950 times)

Offline gatecrasher

• Hall of Famer
  • El Dorado Wildcat football
WAY TOO EARLY 2015 state championship predictions
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:08:13 pm »
This season went by too fast. I always ask "what do we do now?" Lol...

So this came to mind. Who's on your list to win state titles in 2015?

Here's mine. Subject to change at any time between now and late August....

7A-Bentonville....Kasey Ford may be the state's best returning quarterback. May also be Barry Lunney's last ride before the split.

6A-El Dorado...I find it extremely unlikely they are shut out of WMS for a 2nd straight year. If they can get there, and win, could be the first of 2 or three straight. Unbelievable talent moving up from junior high.

5A-Pulaski Academy...Just don't see anyone else in this class that can knock these guys off.

4A-Warren...Lumberjacks return enough to justify a repeat.

3A-Smackover...Buckaroos will be on a mission after leaving unfinished business on the WMS turf. Should be odds-on preseason #1 in this class.

2A-Junction City...someone tell me why they won't fourpeat?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:09:47 pm by gatecrasher »

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
  • Be strong in The Lord and never give up hope
Re: WAY TOO EARLY 2015 state championship predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:11:39 pm »
Nashville in 4A

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:28:50 am »
Eldorado is not and should not be the favorite to win 6A.

Online The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:20:26 am »
7A: Favorites: Bennie- wonder who their non con games are gonna be against...
                      Fayetteville- more likely than not the top 2 7A teams right here
Others to watch: Conway and Southside

6A: Favorites: None. But I will say Pine Bluff is the team to beat as they are the champs.
Others to watch: Greenwood, Eldorado, Jonesboro,
We will find out if Benton will make another title trip run and what does Alma's second year in 6A have in store?

5A: Favorites: PA, Wynne, Batesville. Those were 3 of the final 4 this season and will be so next season.
Others to watch: Maumelle- very impressve 5A debut building stone for 2015? Harrison- like Wynne was, has been on a slow but impressive rise. Look for Goblins to be in West hunt. Sylvan Hills. And Beebe?? Was last seasons semi appearance more than just luck?

Don't know much below 5A

4A Warren
3A don't know
2A Junction City- as long as JC stays 2A, when will be the next time they lose?? Too early for breaking 63 talk??

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:04 am »
Junction City's best chance will be the opener next season. They play Smackover who will be the favorites to win 3A

Offline Jack1990

• All Star
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:19:12 am »
I wouldn't pick Warren to win the 4A again next year.  We're going to lose too many seniors and be too young.  I do believe we will make some noise in the playoffs, but don't think we can go all the way again.  Now 2016 and 2017 may be another story.

Offline FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

• Starter
  • Lumberjack Football--Dominance Returns 2012
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:38:28 am »
I agree with Jack1990, Warren doesn't return enough upperclassmen leadership to get back to WMS and repeat, not this year.  The Jacks will have a fine showing in 2015, make the play-offs and might pull an upset in the play-offs but they'll eventually get knocked out by an older, more experienced team.

Nashville would be my pre-season favorite in 4A going into 2015.  They return more pieces than just about anyone in what should be an over-all down year for our classification.  A lot of the historically good programs will lose some fine senior classes and talent.  Nashville, Newport, Malvern, Star City and Arkadelphia, IMO, are a cut above the rest. 

Now, 2016, 2017......Warren will be right back in the discussion.  Should be scary good those two seasons.

--Kyle

Online Intelligentsia

• Starter
  • If facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:43 am »
5-A  P.A., Wynne, and Batesville will all have a new QB.  This years QB will be hard to replace, but the Pioneers have two very good prospects. Batesville will improve at O-Line & running game, providing better balance. Defense should be as good as this year with improvements at linebacker.  I would not be surprised to see the Pioneers and P.A. at WM if the bracket allows.  If so, final will be a toss up.

Offline doggieskoot2

• Water Boy
  • Yep.............like I said.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 10:32:48 am »
And nobody mentions Greenwood?  Have they faded from glory this far?   They will doggieskoot to another championship soon.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Let's repeat. It's fun.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:02 am »
We may surprise some folks. Stay tuned.

Offline gatecrasher

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 01:08:01 pm »
ZD, I agree Pine Bluff should be preseason #1. Not gonna deny that.
But I have racked my brain since our season ended, and I find myself in the same mode of thinking after we lost to Greenwood in the 2012 semis:
No way we sit at home the first weekend in December two.straight years. This team has too much pride, talent, tradition, and quality coaching, and the way the year ended leaves a bitter taste. It was a horrific performance.
That's gonna be the catalyst for what I believe to be the most intense offseason in the Reed era.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:09:37 pm by gatecrasher »

Offline DerekOxford

• Starter
  • Follow me on Twitter @NWADerek
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »
Color me shocked if the 7A title game isn't Bentonville vs. Fayetteville again. Even though both teams are losing a lot of kids, they'll still have their QB's and FHS will have two dynamite RB's and three of their top four pass-catchers coming back.

They'll definitely miss Greenlaw on defense and special teams though.

Offline gatecrasher

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 02:30:50 pm »
Color me shocked if the 7A title game isn't Bentonville vs. Fayetteville again. Even though both teams are losing a lot of kids, they'll still have their QB's and FHS will have two dynamite RB's and three of their top four pass-catchers coming back.

They'll definitely miss Greenlaw on defense and special teams though.
This.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 03:51:42 pm »
But I have racked my brain since our season ended, and I find myself in the same mode of thinking after we lost to Greenwood in the 2012 semis:
No way we sit at home the first weekend in December two.straight years. This team has too much pride, talent, tradition, and quality coaching, and the way the year ended leaves a bitter taste. It was a horrific performance.
That's gonna be the catalyst for what I believe to be the most intense offseason in the Reed era.

Frankly I am still trying to figure out what happen with ya'll? On paper and the way they looked on the field...just didn't see it coming! I know you had QB problems but there was enough talent to make up for that.

Offline Maclin on your girl

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »
7a -BV the goat gets his 9th ring before retiring
6a - EL I think they get it done with what they have returning & they're also king of the 6a.
5a - PA is on a whole other level
4a - I have no idea
3a - smackover
2a - junction city

Offline gatecrasher

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:49:44 pm »

Frankly I am still trying to figure out what happen with ya'll? On paper and the way they looked on the field...just didn't see it coming! I know you had QB problems but there was enough talent to make up for that.
Two things....inadequate QB play, and just undisciplined.
The 8 games we won, we had a +6 turnover ratio.
The 5 losses? -12.
We turned it over 15 times in consecutive losses to Lake Hamilton, you guys, and Benton. That is not typical of what we do.
In the semifinal loss, I saw bickering and some finger pointing on the sidelines. Totally out of character for our program.
Bottom line, we just weren't very good.

Good news is we have 16 starters returning, NOT counting the new QB that's gonna take over, because it won't be either of the guys that played the position this year.
I fully expect Jackson Waldrum to be the guy. You probably remember his brother Clayton. MVP of last year's state championship game. I hoped Jackson would take the job this year but he simply wasn't ready. He needed to bulk up more than anything.

All sheet talking aside, I expect it to be you guys and us in 6A South.
Greenwood will be good again too. Don't expect them to be down again either.

Online The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 07:17:21 pm »

Two things....inadequate QB play, and just undisciplined.
The 8 games we won, we had a +6 turnover ratio.
The 5 losses? -12.
We turned it over 15 times in consecutive losses to Lake Hamilton, you guys, and Benton. That is not typical of what we do.
In the semifinal loss, I saw bickering and some finger pointing on the sidelines. Totally out of character for our program.
Bottom line, we just weren't very good.

Good news is we have 16 starters returning, NOT counting the new QB that's gonna take over, because it won't be either of the guys that played the position this year.
I fully expect Jackson Waldrum to be the guy. You probably remember his brother Clayton. MVP of last year's state championship game. I hoped Jackson would take the job this year but he simply wasn't ready. He needed to bulk up more than anything.

All sheet talking aside, I expect it to be you guys and us in 6A South.
Greenwood will be good again too. Don't expect them to be down again either.

I could point fingers, but I'd have to point some at me as well.

I was one that claimed this to be a great year for Greenwood. Pretty sure I said at worst 9-1. I made the mistake of not fully researching and scouting the team before making my claims. Just kinda went with what I read on here.
Just as I claimed a great year for Greenwood, there were those that claimed another title for Eldo this year. Both teams just didn't meet anyones expectations. Including their own. But hey thats football.

As you said gate, I have no doubt Eldo will make another long run in the playoffs next season. Greenwood will return the core of our Dbacks and WRs. We lose our starting QB, one of our RBs, and our WR/DB/K Kevin Jones. I don't know who all we return on the lines just off the top of my head, but I know we lose a good number of them.

With the skill level of the other teams in 6A, there just isn't any doubt that Greenwood, Eldo, and Pine Bluff will be title contenders yet again.

Offline 5Greenjellybeans

• Bench Warmer
  • Eldo sux!!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:52 pm »
Heard a couple of rumors from a pretty good source that GW will be A ok next year. Not normal we'll be ok but another kind of we'll be ok...😍

Offline CincyGuyintheFort

• Bench Warmer
  • GO BIG BLUE! #BBN #UK @CincyDen
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 04:22:11 pm »
Here we go, here is my shot in the dark....

7A:  Fayetteville..... but that changes to Northside if they can get the QB from across the border at Roland,OK to come there. He is electric, dual threat, Manuel Bunch. He is getting serious looks from Oklahoma St, Arkansas, Ole Miss amongst others.

6A:  Greenwood

5A:  Pulaski Academy

4A:  Malvern

3A:  Smackover

2A:  Junction City, and ill go ahead and make JC my 2016 prediction too.

Offline Jeep71

• 2nd String
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »
Heard a couple of rumors from a pretty good source that GW will be A ok next year. Not normal we'll be ok but another kind of we'll be ok...😍
SHHHHH

Offline Wolfpack68

• 2nd String
  • 5 Time State Champs from the dirty South
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »
7A: Favorites: Bennie- wonder who their non con games are gonna be against...
                      Fayetteville- more likely than not the top 2 7A teams right here
Others to watch: Conway and Southside

6A: Favorites: None. But I will say Pine Bluff is the team to beat as they are the champs.
Others to watch: Greenwood, Eldorado, Jonesboro,
We will find out if Benton will make another title trip run and what does Alma's second year in 6A have in store?

5A: Favorites: PA, Wynne, Batesville. Those were 3 of the final 4 this season and will be so next season.
Others to watch: Maumelle- very impressve 5A debut building stone for 2015? Harrison- like Wynne was, has been on a slow but impressive rise. Look for Goblins to be in West hunt. Sylvan Hills. And Beebe?? Was last seasons semi appearance more than just luck?

Don't know much below 5A

4A Warren
3A don't know
2A Junction City- as long as JC stays 2A, when will be the next time they lose?? Too early for breaking 63 talk??
I'll help you with 3A. Either Prescott, Smackover, or McGehee.

Offline gatecrasher

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »
McGehee gonna be that good next fall?

Offline thabeast428

• 2nd String
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 06:03:00 pm »
I'm from JC but I honestly don't know if they can win 4 in a row bc they will be young and lost more talent than what they have coming up. I would love for it to happen but idk. As far as the first game of the year against smackover will be a tougher one for jc it should be a close game til the end but not making any predictions lol

Online Proud Buckaroo

• Not Buckfever
  • Hall of Famer
  • Get LOUD and be PROUD!
    • 42 Sports Page.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 08:26:50 am »
I think this is the most talent Junction has lost in years..

Online The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 10:49:58 am »
The 4peat is JCs to lose. With the gap in talent and skill of JCS and the other 2A teams, it's hard to pick against them.
I think JC can get it done. They might be losing a ton of talent, but all that means is they'll only beat their opponents by 1 or 2 TDs instead of 5 or 6.

But then again maybe the Golden Fleece 4peat is always gonna be just out of reach. In recent years, a few great teams have had shots at one. Heck Eldo's 2012 and Greenwoods 2013 seasons, they each practically had the 4peat in their grasps. But just weren't able to get it done.
Maybe there's gonna be a monument 2A upset...
Just maybe JC doesn't win state this year...

Online THA TRUTH

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 02:39:30 pm »
Jc should still win 2a but the smackover game is a tough one I personally don't believe they win that one but if the do the record won't be 63 anymore

Offline Hootie

• All Star
  • McGehee Owls -- UAM Boll Weevils
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

I don't think they're state champ contenders but they do have some good talent coming back.

Offline Wolfpack68

• 2nd String
  • 5 Time State Champs from the dirty South
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 10:16:22 pm »

I don't think they're state champ contenders but they do have some good talent coming back.
McGehee was the Jr High team that ended Smackover's dominance. Beat them in the District Title game I believe in Smackover. If they have any talent from that team coming as Srs they should be good. Smackover will also be very good. So those would be my three. Prescott, Smackover and McGehee

Offline The Zebra Successor

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 02:10:28 am »
I have to get my inner Steven A Smith on by saying this group is very disrespectful to the Fact that the Pine Bluff Zebras are not in all of yall conversations about the repeat 6A state champions.. I told yal last year that this team has SEC level talent and all of them were underclassmen.. I would be shocked if they don't beat all of their 6A opponents this year by at least a touchdown .. Also shout out to the Zebras basketball team for Winning the State Title.. This just   proves the fact that Jefferson County has the best athletic talent in the state and can be dominant in all sports with the right coaching...I just want to also point out... Shame on us.. If we have in this state a QB that has led a team to state title games all of his high school career.. and doesnt get an offer or a opportunity from the state's flagship school at playing the same position that he played at the state title games which he led his team too..
.. I see why the group WAR sings "Why can't we be friends "..

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 09:45:13 am »
You had me...until you started saying that Pine Bluff would beat everyone in the 6A by at least a touchdown. PB will not repeat

Oh and Jefferson County doesn't have the best athletes in the state either. Strike 2

And how about Mr. Kevin Ollie whose team you were so high on?

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 10:40:00 am »
You had me...until you started saying that Pine Bluff would beat everyone in the 6A by at least a touchdown. PB will not repeat

Oh and Jefferson County doesn't have the best athletes in the state either. Strike 2

Why would PB not be the odds on favorite to win 6A? Why is it so hard to believe that they couldn't beat everyone in 6A by a touchdown they did it last year (every 6A team we played) except for 1 game!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:43:27 am by zebradynasty »

Offline Burks

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 09:25:38 pm »
The Z's are the HEAVY favorite in 6A. They return too many athletes at the skilled positions. I am sticking with me guns here. Like I have said before, because of QB play I think it will be a 6A South State rematch. Pine Bluff vs Benton.

Online The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:28 am »
I don't necessarily think Pine Bluff is the favorite to win state, but they are the team to beat. They won state last year, so if you want the title this year, you need to go through them.

I figured most would realize by now that just because you win state and return most, if not all, your best players that don't mean youre gonna win state the next year. Yes on paper and stats it might look like Pine Bluff is slated in pen to return to WMS. But wasn't Eldo suppose to be sketched in to 4peat in 2012? And wasn't Greenwood's 2013 title run suppose to be almost a given because of how "down" the rest of 6A was?
Its hard to win state. Its even harder to keep that title the following year or years.

I know games from 2 and 3 years ago don't mean squat now, but you get my point. Pine Bluff no doubt is gonna be a contender this year and have a great team. But hey its not absolute crazy to believe Greenwood, Eldo, or maybe Jonesboro or Benton could win it all either. From whats being said on here about Eldo and Greenwood, and given their recent history and tradition, it would be foolish to overlook them and already make plans to be off for that first weekend in December.

September can't get here fast enough.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 10:03:19 am »
I don't necessarily think Pine Bluff is the favorite to win state, but they are the team to beat. They won state last year, so if you want the title this year, you need to go through them.

I figured most would realize by now that just because you win state and return most, if not all, your best players that don't mean youre gonna win state the next year. Yes on paper and stats it might look like Pine Bluff is slated in pen to return to WMS. But wasn't Eldo suppose to be sketched in to 4peat in 2012? And wasn't Greenwood's 2013 title run suppose to be almost a given because of how "down" the rest of 6A was?
Its hard to win state. Its even harder to keep that title the following year or years.

I know games from 2 and 3 years ago don't mean squat now, but you get my point. Pine Bluff no doubt is gonna be a contender this year and have a great team. But hey its not absolute crazy to believe Greenwood, Eldo, or maybe Jonesboro or Benton could win it all either. From whats being said on here about Eldo and Greenwood, and given their recent history and tradition, it would be foolish to overlook them and already make plans to be off for that first weekend in December.

September can't get here fast enough.

All that is true but how does a defending champ with about 15 starters returning some of which have already played in 3 Championship games not a favorite? I am not dismissing the other teams chances PB is the last team that should think a championship is in the bag! Just that theres no good reason for PB not to be the favorite.

Offline Beardad

• Bench Warmer
  • Just Another Football Know Nothing
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2015, 04:15:37 pm »
Really?  PB not the favorite?

Skelton, Beasley, Tate, Romar, and more........but Eldo is gonna beat them?

Really?

C'Mon Man

Offline Lionheart88

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 04:23:20 pm »
I have to get my inner Steven A Smith on by saying this group is very disrespectful to the Fact that the Pine Bluff Zebras are not in all of yall conversations about the repeat 6A state champions.. I told yal last year that this team has SEC level talent and all of them were underclassmen.. I would be shocked if they don't beat all of their 6A opponents this year by at least a touchdown .. Also shout out to the Zebras basketball team for Winning the State Title.. This just   proves the fact that Jefferson County has the best athletic talent in the state and can be dominant in all sports with the right coaching...I just want to also point out... Shame on us.. If we have in this state a QB that has led a team to state title games all of his high school career.. and doesnt get an offer or a opportunity from the state's flagship school at playing the same position that he played at the state title games which he led his team too..
Look at the QBs Fayetteville already has.  How many do you think they need on the roster?  They don't have unlimited scholarships.

Offline WPWells

• Formerly 12th Man
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
He's the same guy who wanted us to fire Mike Anderson to hire Kevin Ollie so that we could get his son, who ended up signing with the prestigious college Fordham

Online HorseFeathers

• Legend
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 10:12:47 pm »
Look at the QBs Fayetteville already has.  How many do you think they need on the roster?  They don't have unlimited scholarships.

By this argument...Junction City's QB should have Nick Saban and everyone else falling over themselves to sign him...But I follow 2A closely and can't even think of the kids name right now...

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 11:05:04 pm »
Ok everyone with the Kevin Ollie snaps get a laugh at me. It was a longshot of a prediction to throw him there this year with Napier being gone for the NBA and everything  ..  but that is what degenerates do they shake up the true order of things. . But i tell u what i bet some of yal ollie haters was watching the American Athletic Conference  Mens championship game hoping that Coach Ollie lose to SMU .. Which he did but hey he did still get there with alot of young guys .. Credit to a good coach.. thats all im say about that one  .

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 03:16:51 pm »
Looks like they need to give another in state QB a shot since they not going to see the field no time soon since they couldn't beat the Allen bros for competition at the starting spot ... I also thought they have a Sr. at QB this year.. So there is a free scholarship right there after the season  .. Like i said shame on us ... There are no excuses Scholarships are renewable every year. because you sign a person for a position and it doesn't pan out the way you want for that particular player quit babysitting and release the player after the season so you can fit talent that you can actually use instead of holding the rosters with fillers.. Lets be smart.. Im use a cereal analogy..   It would be nice to see a maltomeal coco puff to be in the same bowl with some Kellogs corn flakes... Try it you wont be dissapointed. .

Offline Lionheart88

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 03:46:31 pm »
Looks like they need to give another in state QB a shot since they not going to see the field no time soon since they couldn't beat the Allen bros for competition at the starting spot ... I also thought they have a Sr. at QB this year.. So there is a free scholarship right there after the season  .. Like i said shame on us ... There are no excuses Scholarships are renewable every year. because you sign a person for a position and it doesn't pan out the way you want for that particular player quit babysitting and release the player after the season so you can fit talent that you can actually use instead of holding the rosters with fillers.. Lets be smart.. Im use a cereal analogy..   It would be nice to see a maltomeal coco puff to be in the same bowl with some Kellogs corn flakes... Try it you wont be dissapointed. .
They currently have 5 QBs on the roster.  Allen, Allen, Peavey, Storey, and a kid named Troy Allison from McGregor, Texas.  How many more do you think they need?  Should they recruit fewer receivers, or DBs, or linemen to free up a spot?  You recruit kids for a whole four year, it doesn't make any sense to take a flier on a guy just because he's local, only to let him go in a year when he doesn't pan out.  Why don't you spell your cereal analogy out for us.  All I'm getting is that your boy would be the Wal-Mart brand kid on a namebrand team.  That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 03:55:15 pm »

Why does it have to be a racial thing? What I don't get is people accuse the white race of being the racists, but there is no "miss white America", there is no "white history month", etc etc. So it seems to me, that the white race isn't the only ones racist.

Heck look at the UAPB basketball team, they got a white dude on there, and I'm pretty sure he's the only one in the SWAC.  Do you see any white people complaining about that?

Offline Lionheart88

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:00 pm »

Why does it have to be a racial thing? What I don't get is people accuse the white race of being the racists, but there is no "miss white America", there is no "white history month", etc etc. So it seems to me, that the white race isn't the only ones racist.

Heck look at the UAPB basketball team, they got a white dude on there, and I'm pretty sure he's the only one in the SWAC.  Do you see any white people complaining about that?
It can't be a race thing, there's 3 black players who graduated from Jefferson County schools on the Razorback roster: Jeremy Sprinkle from White Hall, Josh Harris from Watson Chapel, and Josh Liddell from Dollarway.  Four, if you want to count Will Gragg even though he finished at Dumas.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 04:16:50 pm »

Any of these coco puffs a pro-style QB? You might need to listen to what our head coach looks for in a QB, it isn't being another RB. Skip over to around 11:37 to hear his remarks, on the position, and other matters.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/arkansas-razorbacks-bret-bielema-sec-west-audible-podcast-033115

Offline zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »
Skelton does have a offer from ASU...I would love to see him on the Hill but he is not a SEC Qb right now....better free safety...he will get more offers.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 06:54:38 pm »

Some people regardless of color need to lighten up. But I am glad you got that off your chest....sounds like it was about turn into pus! :-\

Offline pick_DA_EAGLES

• Hall of Famer
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 11:21:11 pm »

Some people regardless of color need to lighten up. But I am glad you got that off your chest....sounds like it was about turn into pus! :-\

It just gets old hearing how so and so wouldn't do this for him because of his color (regardless of what it is, it goes all directions). I couldn't careless what color a person is. That is not important to me, it's the person that matters.

Z.s. was implying by using "cereal" that the q.b. wasn't getting chance because of color, which is ludicrous.

Offline FootballDude02

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 02:11:45 pm »

Why would PB not be the odds on favorite to win 6A? Why is it so hard to believe that they couldn't beat everyone in 6A by a touchdown they did it last year (every 6A team we played) except for 1 game!

You lose this argument due to the fact that you discredited your argument...if you have to say "except", you cant say "every"....sorry lol! Its not about what you know, its about what you can prove, and you proved the others arguments to be correct.  ;D

Offline JC Guy

• 2nd String
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 04:30:40 pm »
Here we go, here is my shot in the dark....

7A:  Fayetteville..... but that changes to Northside if they can get the QB from across the border at Roland,OK to come there. He is electric, dual threat, Manuel Bunch. He is getting serious looks from Oklahoma St, Arkansas, Ole Miss amongst others.

6A:  Greenwood

5A:  Pulaski Academy

4A:  Malvern

3A:  Smackover

2A:  Junction City, and ill go ahead and make JC my 2016 prediction too.
You do know we move up to 3A next year?

Online Proud Buckaroo

• Not Buckfever
  • Hall of Famer
  • Get LOUD and be PROUD!
    • 42 Sports Page.
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »
He made that post before anyone even knew they would.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas