• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention 7A Soccer Fans / post scores here

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2011, 10:42:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

softred

As obnoxious as the Bryant fans seem to be I have to say that after defeating Catholic the Bryant players lined up and shook hands with the Catholic players in a sportsmanlike manner. One Bryant player said something rude  to a Catholic player and the Bryant coach made him apologize.

arkansas_traveller

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 07, 2011, 06:40:50 pm
Quote from: Hornets Soccer on May 07, 2011, 06:20:37 pm
Evidently none of you who replied to my post can read! So I'm assuming that's whoever read my comment to you left out the part that shows I'm speaking about the girls. I have no idea what anyone is talking about, ripping off shirts, bashing players, constant mouthing. If the boys fans do that I guess all you perfect people have the right to get on here, mouth, bash, put down and criticize Bryant. Some day Bryant will have good sports fans like yaw! They won't say anything at the game, in fear someone will hear and notice who they are, they will just quietly go home, get one their computer behind a screen name and bow up!!! Until then bear with the mean ole loud Bryant fans until they grow up like you.  >:(

Ahhhh. There it is. A true Bryant fan shows up with the sarcastic lashing out.
Apply your sarcastic comment to yourself about reading. This entire thread has been about the boys team, their classless acts, and their coach's responsibility to change that. There have been very few if any mention of fans, although you held true to your rep, and NO mention of the girls team.. Want to talk about the girls start a new line of discussion and don't creep on this one.
Not trying to add fuel to the fire...I did mention girls about 1/4 down page 5 and this thing is spiraling downward fast.  We should get back to just posting scores.

Individual external perceptions about Bryant players/fans aren't always objective including mine.  I offered what I have observed.  Did I observe wrong or was I just overly critical because my child was on the receiving end?  Maybe a little bit of both.

Hornets Soccer

I agree, your right! I have read the entire thread. Its ridiculous that this is all we talk about. I didn't see the trick play, and probably wouldn't like it if it happens to my team. But trick plays are in all sports, and Bryant fans can be a bit overboard at times, as can most when it involves your kid.

SirSoccer

Quote from: Hornets Soccer on May 07, 2011, 09:29:39 pm
I agree, your right! I have read the entire thread. Its ridiculous that this is all we talk about. I didn't see the trick play, and probably wouldn't like it if it happens to my team. But trick plays are in all sports, and Bryant fans can be a bit overboard at times, as can most when it involves your kid.

No... trick plays are not for soccer.   Sure, juke someone out, make a no look pass, but a "trick play" that is dirty like that is not ok.  Sure run over a dead ball and then receive a pass... but no, don't fake injury which should stop play. 

Hornets Soccer

So Sir Soccer, is flopping a trick play? No one you know has ever done that have they? I didn't see the "trick play" when you saw it did you think the players were hurt?

Arbitro

May 07, 2011, 10:39:21 pm #255 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:53:51 pm by Arbitro
Quote from: SirSoccer on May 07, 2011, 09:47:10 pm
Quote from: Hornets Soccer on May 07, 2011, 09:29:39 pm

No... trick plays are not for soccer.   Sure, juke someone out, make a no look pass, but a "trick play" that is dirty like that is not ok.  Sure run over a dead ball and then receive a pass... but no, don't fake injury which should stop play.
Did the Bryant players fake being injured?  Did anyone who was actually there or viewed the tape say this?  Or did they just fall down after colliding?

Having two (or more) people standing ready to take a free kick is a common misdirection.  Who will take it? Which way will the ball bend?  Will the first person step over the ball, leaving it to the second to kick?  Having two players attempt to take the kick at the same time, collide, and fall down could be considered just an unusual extension of this misdirection if they don't make a big show of being injured.

So did the Bryant players draw attention to themselves (and away from the ball) by faking injury?  I don't know, nor do most of the people posting here, but I would like to hear from someone who does.

Bryant had a gun with one bullet and hit the target.  Rest assured that this strategy is very unlikely to work again - at least for the remainder of this season.

Sir Alex

Quote from: LRfan on May 07, 2011, 07:14:23 am
Quote from: softred on May 06, 2011, 11:32:07 pm
Quote from: huntsleepsoccer on May 06, 2011, 05:15:44 pm
Quote from: arksoc on May 04, 2011, 05:45:47 pm
I haven't seen Bryant play much this year. But if they are, in fact, guilty of all they are being accused of both in this game and in general, then the referees are clearly not enforcing the rules. There are provisions in the rules for all this sort of thing...stiffer than USSF. There should be yellow (and some red) cards all around for this kind of nonsense. It is, indeed, both classless and outside the rules and should be dealt with. That being said, I would probably be a chicken, too, if I was the ref who was faced with dealing with it! I have seen Bryant parents/fans in action and it's too often not been pretty.

Bryant parents/fans aren't as bad as a Benton parent that punched one of the Bryant kids in the face at a game!
This a soccer thread not a thread about getting caught stealing hubcaps.

If a team is stealing hubcaps during the game, maybe it should be.
That only happens outside Quigley Stadium.

Sportsaholic94

[/quote]
That only happens outside Quigley Stadium.
[/quote]

trevster10

May 08, 2011, 01:03:56 pm #258 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:05:52 pm by trevster10
I hate to try and end the argument that will ultimately get us nowhere, but.

Anyone have any possible breakdowns of what the seeding will look like? Thanks in advance.

*EDIT - Nevermind. I found the thread that discusses it.

Hornet-Hawg

May 08, 2011, 02:38:18 pm #259 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:55:21 pm by Hornet-Hawg
I've been reading the Bryant bashing for awhile but chose to ignore it because most of the criticism was from people who were either not at the games or were on the losing end of the games.  Most parents tend to lash out following a game where they feel their child was "wronged".  I've felt like it many times.  The Bryant bashing continues so I will at least throw in my two cents:

1.  I only saw the first half of the Bryant-Central boys' game that seemed to start this whole thing.  I can guarantee you the Central players and fans were giving as much as they were receiving.  Both teams were talking a little too much for my taste and I hoped the center would finally put a stop to it.  He did not and it continued to escalate.  It certainly wasn't one-sided, though.  I didn't see the second half.  If our player taunted the Central goalie, he should be reprimanded and I'm sure he was.  As far as ripping off their shirts (assuming it happened), that was definitely excessive for a regular season game.  While the Bryant players should act like they've been there before, they really HAVEN'T been there before.  Bryant soccer is just now reaching the stage of being competitive in the 7A Central.  The win against Central was a big step.  I think they learned from that experience, however, and handled future wins in more appropriate fashion (as noted in the Catholic game).

2.  I didn't see the "trick" play, either.  From what I've heard, the two guys were supposed to run into each other and then react in anger at each other.  It sounds like they perhaps carried out the fake a little too well.  If they smacked together as hard as everyone says, I'm sure they were a little stunned!  I know both kids and can guarantee that both are high character individuals from high character families.  The Bryant coach is a football coach and football coaches LOVE trick plays!  He wanted to try it in soccer.  I do NOT believe, however, that he would ever actually coach them to fake an injury to gain an unfair advantage.  I know some of the "soccer purists" will say there is no room in soccer for trick plays like this.  The Bryant coach apparently disagrees but that does not make him classless!

3.  Are the Bryant girls physical? Absolutely!  Soccer is a physical sport.  Are they dirty?  Absolutely NOT!  I don't have the official stats, but opposing teams have been whistled for many more fouls in the majority of the games this season.  We haven't had many cards either.  You have to play a physical game if you hope to compete against the 7A West girls in the state tournament.  They have bullied the Central teams out of the tournament for the last several years.  I've seen Central teams with superior talent get knocked off because they couldn't adjust to the physical play - physical, not dirty.  Our girls are caught looking to the referee for a call while the West teams are advancing the ball and scoring!  Hopefully the Central teams will be ready this year.

OK, I'm tired of typing.  Can we please move on and concentrate on making some noise in the state tournament?!

hogbert

"The Bryant coach is a football coach and football coach"

oh, that helps explain lots.

Hornets Soccer

Quote from: hogbert on May 08, 2011, 03:34:12 pm
"The Bryant coach is a football coach and football coach"

oh, that helps explain lots.

Man Hornet-Hog, your going to give us Hornets a better reputation with that most excellent verbal outline. What's up did you graduate from Arkansas or something?

SirSoccer

So he did coach them to pretend to run into each other and "get mad" so I can fairly assume the conversation went from, "yeah you should act mad" to "yeah but it might be better if I act hurt"

It is classless and has no room is our game.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: SirSoccer on May 08, 2011, 05:00:46 pm
So he did coach them to pretend to run into each other and "get mad" so I can fairly assume the conversation went from, "yeah you should act mad" to "yeah but it might be better if I act hurt"

It is classless and has no room is our game.

No one "acted hurt" and I don't think I will take class lessons from someone on here with 119 slaps.  That is just an indication of someone who likes to put others down to feel better about themselves and has no place on our board.

SirSoccer

hahaha... it's just the sign of someone that is honest.

Hornets Soccer

Quote from: SirSoccer on May 08, 2011, 05:43:32 pm
hahaha... it's just the sign of someone that is honest.

Explain how that's a sign of being honest? You never answered my question about flopping! Does that have a place in OUR game.

SirSoccer

Flopping is a bookable offense... if the ref sees fit there is a yellow for that.

Hornet-Hawg

And how often is it called?  They fake an injury on every other play in professional soccer.  It almost makes it unwatchable! 

Hornets Soccer

True, and the same could have been done on the Bryant boys play, and probably should have. But that doesn't make them classless anymore than a player flopping to try to gain an unearned advantage during play. Or in your opinion is any player that flops classless too? ???

Hornets Soccer

And just to change the Topic. Happy Mothers Day to all the soccer moms out there.  ;D

SirSoccer

Quote from: Hornets Soccer on May 08, 2011, 08:14:23 pm
True, and the same could have been done on the Bryant boys play, and probably should have. But that doesn't make them classless anymore than a player flopping to try to gain an unearned advantage during play. Or in your opinion is any player that flops classless too? ???

Depends on your definition of the flop... and what level it is.  At the worst level, yes, classless.

Diving is also not something set up to get the entire team to stop playing like faking an injury is.  It isn't the same or even close to it. 

A coach teaching players to cheat, classless. 

Hornets Soccer

Ok, whatever you say, I'm tired of debating this topic. It's classless

Hornet-Hawg

Yes, back to posting scores....I heard through the grapevine that Cabot VG beat Central 2-1 in the May 3rd game that doesn't have a score listed.  Can someone confirm?

Hornet-Hawg

Did they ever finish the Cabot-Van Buren VG game from 4/14?

sevenof400

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on May 09, 2011, 08:45:44 am
Yes, back to posting scores....I heard through the grapevine that Cabot VG beat Central 2-1 in the May 3rd game that doesn't have a score listed.  Can someone confirm?

I'll go with that score because I have not heard any other....

sevenof400

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on May 09, 2011, 08:52:00 am
Did they ever finish the Cabot-Van Buren VG game from 4/14?

That game was postponed on 4/14 and to the best of my knowledge has yet to be played.

Van Buren is at Cabot tonight but that was/is the return game.  Hopefully someone can clear this up because both games will have an effect on the ratings points.

eljefe

Cabot girls did beat LR Central girls 2-1 on May 3. VB @ Cabot tonight and the make-up game Cabot girls @ VB will be played Wednesday May 11.

PressBox-81

VG Conway 4  Russellville 0

VB Conway 2  Russellville 2
Russellville wins 5-4 in pks

Boys game was very physical and back forth for sure a game that deserved overtime periods instead of pks but the rule is straight to pks so you roll the dice and go for it.
Was sad for Conways jr keeper as he blocked a pk shot diving down the line but was whistled for coming off the line and on the rekick the ball hit the back of the net.

Both teams for sure deserved to win and I fell Russellville will make some big noise in the 6A tournament.

LRSoccer15

Hotsauce

May 09, 2011, 09:51:17 pm #279 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:54:38 pm by Hotsauce
Cabot VB - 6 Van Buren VB - 0

Cabot VG - 2 Van Buren VG - 0

woodpeckerfsm

What about MSM-Central girls. Need that score also please.

Cp14

Cabot VB 6-0 over Van Buren
Cabot VG 2-0 over Van Buren

Hotsauce

Quote from: Cp14 on May 09, 2011, 09:55:19 pm
I just posted this bud, come on now, get with the program.

Hornet-Hawg

LRfan

Quote from: woodpeckerfsm on May 09, 2011, 09:54:27 pm
What about MSM-Central girls. Need that score also please.

5/9/11
VG

MSM 4
Central 3

woodpeckerfsm

LRfan

Quote from: Cp14 on May 09, 2011, 09:55:19 pm

Is Hidalgo back?

Cp14

No William hidalgo will most likely not be back until friday

Soccer84

Anyone see the Central v Catholic game?  How was it?

LRfan

Quote from: Soccer84 on May 10, 2011, 11:15:44 am

A good hard-fought match. Mostly a defensive struggle (as you would gather from the score). However, both teams had some great scoring chances that they didn't capitalize on. Central scored on a nice header goal. There was a controversial non-call late in the second half when a Catholic player was taken down at/near the edge of the box. However, this was the same ref crew that worked the MSM game and stopped the clock for substitutions only when Mount had the lead.

arksoc

Quote from: LRfan on May 10, 2011, 11:46:36 am

...There was a controversial non-call late in the second half when a Catholic player was taken down at/near the edge of the box. However, this was the same ref crew that worked the MSM game and stopped the clock for substitutions only when Mount had the lead.

It was, indeed, a hard-fought game between two solid teams. To say a Catholic player was taken down, I think, implies more than what really happened. The two players were physically engaged (it might be a bit of a stretch to say it was shoulder to shoulder!) and they both went down while contesting for the ball just on the edge of the area. The referee was much closer to the play and had to excercise judgment as to whether to blow the whistle for that contact, in that location, at that stage of the game. I can't really fault him for not stopping play, although I can see where Catholic fans saw a foul there (I did not have a dog in the fight).

As far as stopping the clock for substitutions, although you do not see done that often (probably not as often as it should be), if you'll check the high school rules, you'll see the referee was acting completely within his authority.

United11

futboliac

Quote from: arksoc on May 10, 2011, 12:24:32 pm
Quote from: LRfan on May 10, 2011, 11:46:36 am

...There was a controversial non-call late in the second half when a Catholic player was taken down at/near the edge of the box. However, this was the same ref crew that worked the MSM game and stopped the clock for substitutions only when Mount had the lead.

It was, indeed, a hard-fought game between two solid teams. To say a Catholic player was taken down, I think, implies more than what really happened. The two players were physically engaged (it might be a bit of a stretch to say it was shoulder to shoulder!) and they both went down while contesting for the ball just on the edge of the area. The referee was much closer to the play and had to excercise judgment as to whether to blow the whistle for that contact, in that location, at that stage of the game. I can't really fault him for not stopping play, although I can see where Catholic fans saw a foul there (I did not have a dog in the fight).

As far as stopping the clock for substitutions, although you do not see done that often (probably not as often as it should be), if you'll check the high school rules, you'll see the referee was acting completely within his authority.

Well said arksoc.
There was a long run that the Central player slightly trailed on and the Catholic player took it deep into the corner outside the box. When he slowed slightly the Central defender got a shoulder in front and they both contested for the ball while bodying each other and both went down. Neither had elbows flying, hands extended, jerseys grabbed etc. The center was in excellent position for the run and the contesting for the ball being within about 10 yards and looking directly at the play when both went down. Catholic was down a goal and a few players were beginning to get chippy at this point and on into the game as well.
One of the better and most evenly played soccer matches that I've seen in some time as the first match between these two teams won by Catholic in PKs was a well played match. Good hard play all the way around with few glaring mistakes, multiple momentum shifts, missed opportunities on both sides, with the best players on each team that are expected to lead and make a difference leading and making a difference.
Would be great if they meet in the finals in Fayetteville for the final round of best two out of three!

softred

I know nothing about the 7A west teams but can't imagine a better championship game than a rubber match between Catholic and Central. The best part is the sportsmanship during and after the game. 

futboliac

Panama

LRfan

Insider

I'm not sure if this will work but this is an attempt at posting the Bryant free kick

https://email.sssd.k12.ar.us/owa/attachment.ashx?attach=1&id=RgAAAAANaIPV9LzTQo7g%2feVjBRT9BwAjJdQ1sT5DSLLgRpAW%2beHHAAAAAACmAAA4u7mzlFN6S6KdtrlSij59AAAAAAU3AAAJ&attid0=BAAAAAAA&attcnt=1

PressBox-81

Soccer84

I can't get the link to work.  Anyone else?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas