• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tanner Gains of hector

Started by NorthArkFball, May 26, 2016, 10:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthArkFball

From all I've heard this kids the real deal can he lead the wildcats to War memorial & is the QB from England as hyped as Gains

mr.gametime

They are probably equal as far as talent goes...but but Egland Qb will be surrounded by more weapons than tanner gains this year....Tanner gains have the bigger arm...the Qb from England is more of a dual thret Qb

Hornet4ever

Tanner Gaines is an excellent QB, especially at the 2A level! He can move, he can throw it, heck he can even tackle. The kid makes plays all over the field, in my opinion he is one of the better or best 2A QB's I have seen. Any kid that has the pocket presence like this guy is special. He will pick apart secondary's too if a defense lets him.

mtindian42

He is a good 2a qb the best in 2a.

bigworm

what were his 2015 numbers?

mtindian42

Passing Yards   2536
Passing TDs   37
Passing Yards/Game   195.1
Pass Completions   153
Pass Attempts   219
Interceptions 4

mtindian42

Rushing Totals
Carriers   133
Rushing Yards   930
Yards Per Carry   7.0
Rushing Yards Per Game   71.5
Rushing TDs   22

mtindian42

Brayden brazeal

Total Passing Yards   2821
Passing TDs   40
Passing Yards/Game   217.0
Pass Completions   171
Pass Attempts   252
Interceptions   1

mtindian42

Rushing Totals
Carriers   60
Rushing Yards   534
Yards Per Carry   8.9
Rushing Yards Per Game   41.1
Rushing Long   30
Rushing TDs 4

BrianfromCarlisle

I'll take Brazeal in that one

bigworm

braydens passing totals are wrong 

3012 total tds.
42 TDs
2 int

rushing totals are correct.

bigworm

both of these kids are very solid and are exciting to watch. we played hector when Gaines was a 9th grader and I told him we would see him in 4 years at wms. if the bracket sets up, there is a strong possibility. that's assuming neither team lays an egg along the way.

Bigditchlion

Int's, one was when it hit the reciever in the hands on a wet field and the other was better than a punt in my opinion. His yards through most of the games came in the first half of games, he could have had A LOT more but coach didn't want to run the score up and kept us more balanced with the run.

I do think Gaines is a solid qb but I'd take purple #7 in last years comparison. Gonna be fun watching these 2 go at it in the lions den!

mtindian42

You could go eather way in who is 1 or 2.

I picked Gaines cause he is Hectors offense.

Brazeal has athletes everywhere he looks.

mr.gametime

They are probably the best 2 QBs in class 2A...Tanner Gaines....is the better college prospect to play QB at the next level because of his size ..and accuracy

Wildman5

Tanner has all returning linemen also. He isn't the whole offense there are 10 other players. He has all conference receivers coming back in Jadon Graham and Cameran Haralson. Hector has a solid team built around tanner  ;) ;D

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildman5 on May 27, 2016, 06:23:57 pm
Tanner has all returning linemen also. He isn't the whole offense there are 10 other players. He has all conference receivers coming back in Jadon Graham and Cameran Haralson. Hector has a solid team built around tanner  ;) ;D

Gaines had some good athletes to throw too and hand the ball of too. He isn't the whole team, but is a large portion of it.

mtindian42

Take Gaines off of Hector and they are not even close to makeing the playoffs.👍

bigworm

Wow. I don't know about that. Heck, almost everyone makes the playoffs now.

mtindian42

May 27, 2016, 07:08:27 pm #19 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:27:34 pm by mtindian42
Lol worm good point.

He is keyed on every play you can see that on the hudl highlights. He is the reason the rb can get yards... He is the reason the Wrs make plays.

I've never seen more of a one man show. He trueley is a one man wrecking crue

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 27, 2016, 06:53:31 pm
Take Gaines off of Hector and they are not even close to makeing the playoffs.👍
Mt Indian you sure do know a lot about Hector.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on May 31, 2016, 05:07:13 pm
Mt Indian you sure do know a lot about Hector.

I highly disagree. Gaines is impressive, but the big O-Line and fast defense is a huge plus too. I would agree that they wouldn't be as good without Gaines, but they would for sure make the playoffs and probably still place well in conference.

mtindian42

I know nothing about Hector. HF is from there that's about all I know about Hector. 😀

Gaines is to Hector what Aaron scales was to epc. Yea epc had other good players but scales made the wheels turn.

At the 2a level you can go far with one super star and a bunch of role players to compliment him...

big E

All those yards for little worm and Farmer pulled the reigns in the second half of most of his games. Imagine what he would have had if he hadn't.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: big E on June 01, 2016, 05:31:22 am
All those yards for little worm and Farmer pulled the reigns in the second half of most of his games. Imagine what he would have had if he hadn't.
Same thing with Tanner Gaines.

big E

Well then we will see week 8 who the bull of the woods is.

Wildman5

I have a feeling this one will come down to defense. I know Hector has a monstrous defense they love to hit. They're big and fast on the line ;D

WonderWartHawg

I can't speak on Gaines, having not seen him.

I will say that we (Rison) had England down pretty big and Brazeal had enough moxy to nearly bring them back.
He didn't quit.

Wildman5

Gaines brought us back to 9. Defense couldn't make anything happen that night. We got down by 21 and he brought us back ;)

bigworm

June 02, 2016, 08:56:04 pm #29 Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:57:48 pm by bigworm
Quote from: Wildman5 on June 02, 2016, 07:37:29 pm
I have a feeling this one will come down to defense. I know Hector has a monstrous defense they love to hit. They're big and fast on the line ;D

It always comes down to defense. I'm sure Hector will have the edge. We are small and slow. And don't like to hit at all.

Donnie Jamon

Don't sleep on the qb from Earle who has 2 div 1 offers and a yr younger

bigworm

Noone will sleep on GB. He's a man

big E

I have a feeling Hector fast and England fast are a little different.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on June 02, 2016, 10:09:18 pm
Don't sleep on the qb from Earle who has 2 div 1 offers and a yr younger

What other school does he have a offer from...besides Arkansas State?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: big E on June 01, 2016, 05:31:22 am
To be exact, in 3 different games this past year Gaines and starters were pulled in 1st qtr. So I wouldn't say you can necessarily go off numbers. I would more say against common opponents. Rison for example, Gaines threw for 347 yards and I believe 4 tds, had 1 int. Rushed for I believe 102 yards and 1 td. He also had an int on defense

bigworm

Durn. And yall still lost. Lol. That sucks.

Bigditchlion

After they saw Hector, they knew to drench that field to slow the lions down. Oh yeah, they knew purple #7 was going to torch them. Gonna be fun week 8!!!!

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: big E on June 03, 2016, 05:32:13 am
I have a feeling Hector fast and England fast are a little different.
That just depends on what kind of fast your talking about Big e! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Bigditchlion on June 03, 2016, 07:32:48 pm
After they saw Hector, they knew to drench that field to slow the lions down. Oh yeah, they knew purple #7 was going to torch them. Gonna be fun week 8!!!!

I'm sensing a little bit of controversy...

Wildcatalumni21

Congrats to Tanner on receiving an offer from OBU today!! The camp down there got to see a Week 8 preview with both Gaines and Brazeal! From the way Gaines parents talked Brazeal is more than a athlete, said he's a great kid with great parents so much respect to his parents for bringing him up in the right way!!

JC Guy

I haven't had the pleasure of watching England's QB but to put up the numbers he has put up he has to be pretty speacial. We did get to see Tanner when he was a freshman and you could tell he would be really good. The night I watched him he was a severe underdog and the game was really fast for him but you seen enough to know he would be a really good QB. Even being severely out gunned he never quit trying until they pulled him out. Both kids seem to be class acts congrats to the parents.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: JC Guy on June 04, 2016, 07:06:56 pm
I haven't had the pleasure of watching England's QB but to put up the numbers he has put up he has to be pretty speacial. We did get to see Tanner when he was a freshman and you could tell he would be really good. The night I watched him he was a severe underdog and the game was really fast for him but you seen enough to know he would be a really good QB. Even being severely out gunned he never quit trying until they pulled him out. Both kids seem to be class acts congrats to the parents.
His parents have done an amazing job and I've had the pleasure to coach him in baseball when he was 11 and 12 yrs old and he has always been very coachable and took criticism very well! He's a very humble kid that is a great role model to the young kids at Hector. He gives back and does lessons for kids that wanna learn, and is very involved in teaching all the younger kids the game. And that really goes for ALL the football team, we are truly blessed with such great kids for our younger generation to look up to!

JC Guy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on June 04, 2016, 08:44:03 pm
His parents have done an amazing job and I've had the pleasure to coach him in baseball when he was 11 and 12 yrs old and he has always been very coachable and took criticism very well! He's a very humble kid that is a great role model to the young kids at Hector. He gives back and does lessons for kids that wanna learn, and is very involved in teaching all the younger kids the game. And that really goes for ALL the football team, we are truly blessed with such great kids for our younger generation to look up to!
My son has been nominated for a bunch of awards this year and has won a few of the ones he was up for but not all of them. Two things that I am most proud of are he shakes whom ever wins the awards hand and congratulates them on the award and the thing I am most proud of was when we're on the way to the Eldorado News Time banquet he needed to run in JC Penny's to pick up something for his mom. He made such an impression on this random woman working in JC Penny's that she seen his picture in the paper and she went on the face book page of the times to comment on how well mannered he was.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: JC Guy on June 04, 2016, 09:12:20 pm
My son has been nominated for a bunch of awards this year and has won a few of the ones he was up for but not all of them. Two things that I am most proud of are he shakes whom ever wins the awards hand and congratulates them on the award and the thing I am most proud of was when we're on the way to the Eldorado News Time banquet he needed to run in JC Penny's to pick up something for his mom. He made such an impression on this random woman working in JC Penny's that she seen his picture in the paper and she went on the face book page of the times to comment on how well mannered he was.
That's awesome!! Congrats to him and an even bigger congrats to y'all for raising him that way! Now a days parents aren't teaching their kids to have morals, respect, and manners

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas