• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be the new coach at Dierks?

Started by Big Boy, May 10, 2016, 03:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boy

I heard a few hours ago that Coach Bennett is leaving...

Hornet4ever

Doesn't the Dierks coach threaten to leave all the time? Or is that spring hill.

Big Boy

My source tells me that he's leaving for Horatio.  And may not even coach FB, although I know they were expected to announce their decision Monday night I thought.  I kind of hope it is just a rumor.  Some will argue that it's time for a change, but I know he'll be hard to replace.

outlaw39

According to SW Arkansas Radio's FB page Coach B. Has been hired as the new HC in Horatio.

Pat Swilling

This hire surprised me?  How are the younger kids at Dierks?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Pat Swilling on May 11, 2016, 08:13:10 am
This hire surprised me?  How are the younger kids at Dierks?

Dierks is a football town.  Sometimes there are unrealistic expectations as you have cycles in 2A ball.  Sometimes you have the talent and sometimes you don't.  But, unlike other towns our size we also have the support of the community.  We have dedicated pee-wee coaches who strive to teach a system that is consistent with what our high school does.  We have parents who are willing to make sure their kids are showing up to off-season and weight rooms.

Whomever the new coach is, this community will be behind them.  He will have plenty of opinions to sort through but the stands will be full on Friday nights in the holler (regardless of the record). 

Dayton Kitchens

I hope they open it to outside applicants.

BLUEBLOOD

Rida4Life

Wow... kind of a late date for a move like this.... wonder who will still be looking at this point.

Rida4Life

I also heard that the money isn't that good at Dierks.  Bennett was making about what most assistants across the state are making... they might want to re-think the salary if they want a good name.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas