• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman

Started by JohnBarleycorn, March 04, 2016, 07:59:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

Opened up recently. What happened to their coach?

Eslim03

He is taking a assistant job at Harding academy.

minerjack

What's the story on Foreman?

Markadomous

They change coaches every other year. Most of the time every year

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Markadomous on March 26, 2016, 05:37:24 pm
They change coaches every other year. Most of the time every year

tough to win yearly.  Great people though.

WorkOrder

Anyone heard of any applicants?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: WorkOrder on March 29, 2016, 11:51:41 am
Anyone heard of any applicants?
Only one I know is Coach Carter from Spring Hill.

WorkOrder

He just looking to add to his long drive from Sparkman everyday?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: WorkOrder on March 29, 2016, 02:46:11 pm
He just looking to add to his long drive from Sparkman everyday?
I guess????

Pat Swilling

Is Forman a better job than Springhill?

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 30, 2016, 08:33:34 am
Is Forman a better job than Springhill?

I wouldnt think so

Eslim03

The Foreman Gators have hired Coach Mark King. Congratulations to coach king just got a job that will surprise all of you over the next several years.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Eslim03 on April 08, 2016, 02:44:37 pm
The Foreman Gators have hired Coach Mark King. Congratulations to coach king just got a job that will surprise all of you over the next several years.

He has done well in Horatio.  Foreman has more athletes than Horatio and play in 2A.

Pat Swilling

outstanding hire by Foreman.

GotInfo?

Good hire.  King will do well there.

Rida4Life

Foreman got a good one!  PC football hasn't been the same since he left.

arkansasprepfootball

Good guy, too.  Really good get for Foreman.

Dayton Kitchens

No offense to Coach King but how exactly does winning less than half your games at two different schools (33 out of 73) over the course of more than half a decade make this a "great hire" for Foreman?

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Coach King the one  who completely lost control of the Horatio team a couple of years ago?

HarryCaray

Because it's Foreman! Don't be hatin Dayton!

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 12, 2016, 06:27:39 pm
No offense to Coach King but how exactly does winning less than half your games at two different schools (33 out of 73) over the course of more than half a decade make this a "great hire" for Foreman?

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Coach King the one  who completely lost control of the Horatio team a couple of years ago?

Are you serious?  Near 50% win total is very good at these two schools.  Horatio probably hasn't had 3 winning seasons since the mid 80's.  King made PC into a very respectable program.  Both schools play in VERY good conferences.  Give King a little time.  Foreman will greatly improve.  Maybe not state championship improve but improve.

Pat Swilling

Also there are some incredible 500% coaches in this state.  I bet Coach Campbell at Sheridan isn't over 500%.  But ask anyone with a brain and they will tell you he is one of best in state.

GotInfo?

What he did at Parkers Chapel is impressive.  He had one good class at Horatio and then they went back to what they have always had athletically.  Foreman has better athletes than both schools combine. 

Rida4Life

I would be curious to know your overall win/loss record as a HEAD COACH Dayton? 

........crickets.....

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 13, 2016, 11:13:35 am
I would be curious to know your overall win/loss record as a HEAD COACH Dayton? 
........crickets.....

What are you talking about?   I've never been a head coach so how is that relevant?

I've never been president either but my vote still counts pretty much the same as that of George W. Bush,  George H.W. Bush,  Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton.

BLUEBLOOD

High school coaching is a crazy thing.  Win/loss records don't always tell the story.  Look at the program before they came and see how it progressed during their tenure and then look at it a few years later.  That tells the story.  Especially in 2A any coach can get a good run of athletes and win some games because they have better athletes than 75% of the teams they face.  I saw what King was able to do at Horatio and I believe it was a good job.  I'm not sure of the circumstances of his departure but I firmly believe that he can build the program and win some games at Foreman.  Their football has been down for a while.

Time will tell.

bigboy77

He will have some talent the next few years to work with

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas