• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 6-2AA

Started by JimmyTiger2001, March 04, 2016, 01:54:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the conference?

Brinkley
2 (4.8%)
McCrory
7 (16.7%)
Carlisle
6 (14.3%)
Hazen
6 (14.3%)
Des Arc
13 (31%)
Palestine-Wheatley
3 (7.1%)
Clarendon
2 (4.8%)
Marvell
2 (4.8%)
Augusta
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: August 26, 2016, 03:02:02 pm

JimmyTiger2001

What are your predictions? How will this conference shake out this upcoming season? Will McCrory repeat as state champs? Open for your thoughts.

Hornet4ever

Des Arc probably wins this one, I've heard McCrory won't be the same team as last years.

JimmyTiger2001

I had heard they lost quite a bit at McCrory.

JimmyTiger2001

I'm pretty sure Brinkley lost quite a bit and will be rebuilding next year.

Dayton Kitchens

Why isn't Augusta on the list?   After all,  they beat three of the teams listed.   Four if you count Carlisle.

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 04, 2016, 11:58:47 pm
Why isn't Augusta on the list?   After all,  they beat three of the teams listed.   Four if you count Carlisle.
Fixed.

JimmyTiger2001

A simple mistake....I apologize.

Jag-Class07

im saying Des Arc  . Mccrory will be in a rebuilding year . should still make a good run in the playoffs

Dayton Kitchens

IIRC Des Arc played McCrory their closest game all year so that is a pretty good prediction.   Though who can tell.

purpleswag

How does PW have a vote?  ???

Pick_DA_EAGLES

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on March 04, 2016, 07:50:17 pm
Des Arc probably wins this one, I've heard McCrory won't be the same team as last years.

Losing rogo and the qb is quite a hit no matter what else they bring back imo...

purpleswag

big E

Until the situation at PW  changes  we are not a threat to compete for anything. But y'all already knew that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Honestly, I don't really know what to expect from des arc. We lose a lot, but return a lot and add some new pieces.

Ventman

Sounds like the 6 is going to be wide open. Should be a good year.

mr.gametime

Don't sleep on Augusta. ..they started alot of sophomores last year.

Ventman

Augusta always has some good atheletes in the field. Sounds like a good year is shaping up for the 6. I don't see any state title contenders though but you never know what might happen.

Lions84

BrianfromCarlisle

With the new coach, new mindset, and the influx of talent from the incoming sophomores, Carlisle could be poised for a resurrection for years to come. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 08, 2016, 11:23:06 am
With the new coach, new mindset, and the influx of talent from the incoming sophomores, Carlisle could be poised for a resurrection for years to come. 

.....or have to wait til the pee wee kids get up there ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on March 08, 2016, 02:13:50 pm
.....or have to wait til the pee wee kids get up there ;)

The offense their peewee runs isn't teaching them kids much.

Ventman

If the new coach can get the kids motivated, Carlisle could be in the mix this year. I'm gonna go with Hazen in 16. I think its gonna be an exciting year in the 6, there are several teams that could be in the mix for the title.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Ventman on March 08, 2016, 05:46:44 pm
If the new coach can get the kids motivated, Carlisle could be in the mix this year.

Isn't that true of almost every football program in the entire state?

BrianfromCarlisle

No. Because most teams dont have the talent. Carlisle will have talent.

Tigerdad2

Clarendon , PW, and  Augusta have talent just need someone to motivate them

purpleswag

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 08, 2016, 09:06:55 pm
Clarendon , PW, and  Augusta have talent just need someone to motivate them

I see people talk about having "talent" and not being able to compete. Well just cause you can run fast and jump high doesn't mean that you can play football well.

Most people will agree that the 3 teams that usually come in at the top of the 6 in football are there because they have hard nosed, blue collar football kids.

cav2012

95% of the time at this level it is all about coaching, the other 5% is talent and luck. This is the year we will see who the best coach in the conference is, in my opinion. And I think hazen pulls off 1 seed, but since ill be living in Carlisle sadly, I would like to see them rebound this year.
1. Hazen
2. DA
3. Carlisle
4. McCrory
5. Augusta

cav2012

This is also the year a team from the 6 doesn't make it out of the 2nd round of playoffs, but hopefully I'm wrong

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cav2012 on March 09, 2016, 10:08:53 am
This is also the year a team from the 6 doesn't make it out of the 2nd round of playoffs, but hopefully I'm wrong

You are wrong on both your posts.  Des arc will win conference and make it past the 2nd round.  ;D

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: cav2012 on March 09, 2016, 10:07:57 am
95% of the time at this level it is all about coaching, the other 5% is talent and luck. This is the year we will see who the best coach in the conference is, in my opinion. And I think hazen pulls off 1 seed, but since ill be living in Carlisle sadly, I would like to see them rebound this year.
1. Hazen
2. DA
3. Carlisle
4. McCrory
5. Augusta
Living in Carlisle?????  Blasphemy!!  :)

I have a Black and Gold shirt for ya

BrianfromCarlisle

I think Carlisle wins conference this year.  And for years to come. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 09, 2016, 02:05:20 pm
I think Carlisle wins conference this year.  And for years to come. 

Bit early to be hitting the koolade isn't it?

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: HF on March 09, 2016, 02:12:09 pm
Bit early to be hitting the koolade isn't it?
No kool aid for me brother.  LOL  these kids are going to be pretty good.  Coach Lonnie Roberson is Jr. High Head Coach.  He is putting the boys through a workout.  Coach Uhiren will command discipline.  Carlisle will be back shortly I think.  It's definitely headed in the right direction.

mr.gametime

March 09, 2016, 04:44:41 pm #34 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:46:31 pm by mr.gametime
I think this is one of them years were it could be a 3 way tie for conference champs between Des Arc..Carlisle. .and McCrory. ..If I had to choose right now I would say Des Arc is a slight favorite to win conference this year but not by much...Carlisle has alot returning and may  be the favorite in most people eyes..but how will the players respond to the new coach and his system. .time will tell......McCrory and Hazen are both kinda up in the air...both teams will be good enough to make the playoffs but might not be good enough to win conference but then again stranger things have happened. Augusta is my dark horse team ...they started alot of sophomores last year and from what I've been told will have serval players (big lineman)...play this year that didn't play last year. ..but you know how that go...everybody wanna play football until it's time to put the work in..lol.....P.W...hands down has enough talent to make it to the playoffs but it's going to come down to coaching and discipline for this team to succeed. ...if I'm not mistaken this group of players went undefeated in jr.high. .won conference and only gave up 1 touchdown all year...but sometimes having talented players isn't enough.

big E

Next year's Jr's are the ones that went undefeated and unscored on. If there's not a change at the top all that won't matter Actions reflect leadership and when the leadership is lazy and doesn't care. Well you no how this song ends know need in beating a deaf horse.

Ventman

Quote from: purpleswag on March 09, 2016, 05:57:46 am
I see people talk about having "talent" and not being able to compete. Well just cause you can run fast and jump high doesn't mean that you can play football well.

Most people will agree that the 3 teams that usually come in at the top of the 6 in football are there because they have hard nosed, blue collar football kids.
x2, Carlisle, Hazen, and Des Arc don't always have the best talent but they have won lots of games in the past. The most talented team doesn't always win. In 2013 I watched Carlisle play JC in the semifinals and the Bison were two minutes away from winning that game when their big running back went down and they came up a little short. They were also playing with their second string QB who had only started maybe 5 games in highschool. That JC team was absolutely loaded with talent! So if Carlisle's new coach can motivate, they could be in the mix for the title in the 6.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: purpleswag on March 09, 2016, 05:57:46 am

A coach at Hughes found a way to win with kids that could run fast and jump high

purpleswag

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 10, 2016, 08:24:53 pm
A coach at Hughes found a way to win with kids that could run fast and jump high

So one guy does it a thousand years ago and my point is invalid?

big E

Actually 2 coaches at Hughes won consistently with those kinds kids Malzhan and James Wright .

Tigerdad2

mustang12

Quote from: Ventman on March 09, 2016, 06:03:48 pm
x2, Carlisle, Hazen, and Des Arc don't always have the best talent but they have won lots of games in the past. The most talented team doesn't always win. In 2013 I watched Carlisle play JC in the semifinals and the Bison were two minutes away from winning that game when their big running back went down and they came up a little short. They were also playing with their second string QB who had only started maybe 5 games in highschool. That JC team was absolutely loaded with talent! So if Carlisle's new coach can motivate, they could be in the mix for the title in the 6.

Very much agree. You guys had a very good coach but you also had one of the best RB's in 2A that year and had the best LB in 2A as well. Didn't Ricks play LB as well with weddle? Those things can vary you pretty far even if you don't have the coaching which you guys didn't have a problem that year.

purpleswag

Quote from: big E on March 11, 2016, 05:23:36 am
Actually 2 coaches at Hughes won consistently with those kinds kids Malzhan and James Wright .

I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. Having athletic ability is always needed but if they're soft they aren't going to consistently beat a hard-nosed football team IMO.

I would be willing to bet that Hughes back in the day had some hard nosed kids and the town just fell on hard times

Tigerdad2

I agree discipline and toughness wins football games which I feel like can be created over a period of time by  a coach. Athletic ability is harder to find. I hope that clears things up

Jag-Class07

IMO it will be a battle between Des Arc , Hazen , and McCrory for the top spot . Augusta could be in the mix but they need a lot of discipline work.

Lions84

Quote from: purpleswag on March 11, 2016, 06:52:54 am
I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. Having athletic ability is always needed but if they're soft they aren't going to consistently beat a hard-nosed football team IMO.

I would be willing to bet that Hughes back in the day had some hard nosed kids and the town just fell on hard times

They had some gritty tough kids who had a us against the World Chip on their shoulders.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: big E on March 11, 2016, 05:23:36 am

I liked Coach Wright a great deal.    He was a real character.  I doubt he remembers meeting me.

big E

I doubt Coach Wright forgot anyone he ever met. I run into him from time to time and we still talk about everything under the sun. He was a genuine nut he could have you laughing so hard you couldn't breathe.

Ventman

I'm ready for some football already, any news from the good ole 6-2A? I believe Carlisle's coach starts after spring break. Be interesting to see if he can get the Bison back on track.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Ventman on March 25, 2016, 02:19:44 pm
I'm ready for some football already, any news from the good ole 6-2A? I believe Carlisle's coach starts after spring break. Be interesting to see if he can get the Bison back on track.
I've heard Coach Rob is whipping them into shape in the weight room.  I'm guessing we see a mentally and physically tough team on the field this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas