• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle forfeits its wins in 2015

Started by heavyhittaz_7, January 20, 2016, 05:40:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sportsfan21 on February 02, 2016, 07:51:13 am
Isnt Marion a 6A school? No offense but why would you leave 6A to go to 2A? But crazy stuff does happen. Byant's old coach took the job at benton harmony grove.

Sometimes money doesn't mean as much as work environment

OT15

There are 3 really good candidates. Money will be an issue with one I know. Another has been an assistant for about 8 years at a tradition rich school. And the other is uhiren. 2 of the 3 have HC experience. And a ring

Sonofasonofasailor

February 02, 2016, 09:30:13 am #102 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:44:12 am by Sonofasonofasailor
Isnt Marion a 6A school? No offense but why would you leave 6A to go to 2A? But crazy stuff does happen. Byant's old coach took the job at benton harmony grove.

Because Marion moved him out of coaching into administration and Carlisle is his (and his wife's) alma mater.

JJYahoo

Uhiren will turn this thing back into the 1980s-1990s were the only thing that matters is football.  I understand that winning in football is important but lets not win at all costs to do it by burying other programs...Basketball could have been good during the 90s as well but Clayton would have none of that.  No teams camps or basketball offseason for kids who didn't play.  If it wasn't Dec-Feb then nothing would be going on in that gym.  They barely even let the girls do stuff.  They could only practice during their period

Idoknow

February 02, 2016, 12:16:17 pm #104 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:47:07 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: JJYahoo on February 02, 2016, 10:07:48 am
Uhiren will turn this thing back into the 1980s-1990s were the only thing that matters is football.  I understand that winning in football is important but lets not win at all costs to do it by burying other programs...Basketball could have been good during the 90s as well but Clayton would have none of that.  No teams camps or basketball offseason for kids who didn't play.  If it wasn't Dec-Feb then nothing would be going on in that gym.  They barely even let the girls do stuff.  They could only practice during their period
You're out of your mind! You must have been one of the kids that sat in the study hall wishing you had what it took to be a Bison, 95% of the boys that played BB were also FB players.The boy's BB coach was also the Baseball coach and spent his spring in that sport and you had Track going on at the same time along with Off season, therefore there was not much time for BB in the Spring.
Here's another reason you're wrong about the Girls, they could practice anytime they wanted and Coach T took them to team camp every summer and sometimes even hosted camps in Carlisle. Coach T also had camps for elementary kids not only for Carlisle but for surrounding towns as well. You also have Track and Cheerleading going on at the same time. Everyone in Carlisle knows how good Cheerleading was back in those days by winning all those State Championships.
2-A schools have only so many kids to work with and it spreads all the sports thin. Carlisle was doing the same thing all the other Schools that were successful were doing to keep and maintain strong FB program, Barton, Rison, HA, SC, and even JC today! By the way Carlisle had some very good BB teams back in the day, probably a lot better than their having now, all ways filled the Gym.
If you're going to comment on something, you need to know more and comment less! 'Go to College and get a degree and then you can run your on Program'!

Sonofasonofasailor

Just curious how you formed that opinion.  Has Uhiren tried to pull that at some of his other stops? 

BrianfromCarlisle

Not sure how anyone came up with 3 finalists already.  Especially since they have just begun interviews this week.  Nothing has been narrowed down yet.

Jacketman65

Wasn't Uhiren let go at Lonoke several years back?

Idoknow

February 02, 2016, 04:26:52 pm #108 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:30:17 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 02, 2016, 01:20:26 pm

Just curious how you formed that opinion.  Has Uhiren tried to pull that at some of his other stops?
Pulled what? Do you believe everything you read? JJ formed that opinion while sitting in 'Study Hall'!

OT15

Never said 3 finalists. I said 3 candidates. 2 inquired about the job in the past. One right after Clayton left. He would be a great coach to have.hopefully they can get the money right and get him.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Idoknow on February 02, 2016, 04:26:52 pm

Pulled what? Do you believe everything you read? JJ formed that opinion while sitting in 'Study Hall'!

Maybe you should go to study hall and work on reading comprehension.  I'm asking about his opinion of Uhiren, not what Clayton may or may not have done 25+ years ago.

Idoknow

February 02, 2016, 04:52:39 pm #111 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:43:52 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: OT15 on February 02, 2016, 04:38:32 pm
Never said 3 finalists. I said 3 candidates. 2 inquired about the job in the past. One right after Clayton left. He would be a great coach to have.hopefully they can get the money right and get him.
If Carlisle would have hired him, they wouldn't be in the shape they are now! That gave him the opportunity to go to a bigger school and win a State Championship. Carlisle has lost a lot of Coaches because of the pay scale. If they want this particular Coach then they're going to have to come up with the 'Money'.

Idoknow

February 02, 2016, 05:05:31 pm #112 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:33:32 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 02, 2016, 04:48:47 pm

Maybe you should go to study hall and work on reading comprehension.  I'm asking about his opinion of Uhiren, not what Clayton may or may not have done 25+ years ago.
Reading comprehension is good, think you need to worry about what's going on in your neck of the woods instead of Carlisle's search for a Coach!

PatFan

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 02, 2016, 09:30:13 am

Because Marion moved him out of coaching into administration and Carlisle is his (and his wife's) alma mater.

Bingo.

Coach U's last season at Marion was in 2013 and I was told that he applied for the Carlisle job in the spring of 2014 and did not get it.

I always got the impression that Coach U wanted to get back into coaching and felt like he had plenty left in the tank. Not sure how the Bison feel about it though. Wish him the best if that's where he ends up, however.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Idoknow on February 02, 2016, 05:05:31 pm
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 02, 2016, 04:48:47 pm

Reading comprehension is good, think you need to worry about what's going on in your neck of the woods instead of Carlisle's search for a Coach!

My neck of the woods is closer than you would know.

Prairie Duster

Idoknow

Quote from: BISONBOOSTER on February 03, 2016, 07:36:42 am
Don't think Uhiren will get the job
This is Uhiren's 3rd time to apply for this position!

Prairie Duster

Quote from: Idoknow on February 03, 2016, 10:29:58 am
Quote from: BISONBOOSTER on February 03, 2016, 07:36:42 am
Don't think Uhiren will get the job
This is Uhiren's 3rd time to apply for this position!
There are better applicants!

Dr. Defense

February 03, 2016, 01:53:13 pm #118 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:00:18 pm by Dr. Defense

OT15

He might not get it. Would be worth considering though. Need a coach that will hold these kids accountable. Discipline is what these kids are lacking. Gotta make them tough. They get destroyed on the field. It's embarrassing. Carlisle used to be known for smash mouth football, not anymore. Teams use to hate playing us, not anymore. Have to change the attitude of these kids. And parents have to let the coach do the coaching. Not try to butt in when little Johnny gets yelled at during practice or games. And teach these kids respect.

razorbackrob

Quote from: OT15 on February 03, 2016, 03:35:31 pm
He might not get it. Would be worth considering though. Need a coach that will hold these kids accountable. Discipline is what these kids are lacking. Gotta make them tough. They get destroyed on the field. It's embarrassing. Carlisle used to be known for smash mouth football, not anymore. Teams use to hate playing us, not anymore. Have to change the attitude of these kids. And parents have to let the coach do the coaching. Not try to butt in when little Johnny gets yelled at during practice or games. And teach these kids respect.
. We are 2 years removed of having smash mouth football you make it seem that we have had this problem for 10 years.

OT15

I haven't seen the smash mouth football that Carlisle is known for. I haven't seen the swarming defense and bone crunching hits. I haven't seen the pulling guard deliver a devastating block. I haven't seen the peel back blocks on a punt return that takes someone out of the game. I haven't seen the runningback run someone over just because he likes to, instead he runs around trying to juke and gets nowhere. I haven't seen that mental toughness and meanness it takes to play the game. Regardless if you think 3 years ago was smash mouth football, the point they need a coach that has ran that type of program and knows how to win. And who will stick around.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OT15 on February 04, 2016, 10:56:52 am
I haven't seen the smash mouth football that Carlisle is known for. I haven't seen the swarming defense and bone crunching hits. I haven't seen the pulling guard deliver a devastating block. I haven't seen the peel back blocks on a punt return that takes someone out of the game. I haven't seen the runningback run someone over just because he likes to, instead he runs around trying to juke and gets nowhere. I haven't seen that mental toughness and meanness it takes to play the game. Regardless if you think 3 years ago was smash mouth football, the point they need a coach that has ran that type of program and knows how to win. And who will stick around.

I can tell you where you can see all that, just watch Des Arc. Lol

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 04, 2016, 11:00:24 am

I can agree with that.    I've been amazed for years with Des Arc's ability to deal with minimal numbers (and sometimes minimal talent) and perform at a high level due to what appears to be mainly relentless focus and discipline.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 04, 2016, 01:27:22 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 04, 2016, 11:00:24 am

I can agree with that.    I've been amazed for years with Des Arc's ability to deal with minimal numbers (and sometimes minimal talent) and perform at a high level due to what appears to be mainly relentless focus and discipline.

We have been lucky to keep making great hires in the coaching department too. But you are correct, the kids have heart.

Bigditchlion

I have to agree with that! Saw last year when they came to England, lots of heart!

Jacketman65

Quote from: razorbackrob on February 03, 2016, 10:29:34 pm
Quote from: OT15 on February 03, 2016, 03:35:31 pm
. We are 2 years removed of having smash mouth football you make it seem that we have had this problem for 10 years.
Another bad hire and it will be 10 years before you know it!  In the 2 years that you speak of you have lost kids that know what it takes to get it done!  There is a school just up the road from you that has not had a winning season since winning a state championship.

Cheek

This is a big hire for Carliisle.  They need another Clayton or Waymire.

Ventman

Quote from: Cheek on February 05, 2016, 06:47:00 am
This is a big hire for Carliisle.  They need another Clayton or Waymire.
X2 I totally agree. This is a great opportunity for them to get back on the right track.

Idoknow

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 02, 2016, 01:24:54 pm
Not sure how anyone came up with 3 finalists already.  Especially since they have just begun interviews this week.  Nothing has been narrowed down yet.
Brian I noticed you blocked my PM's but I wish you would unblock for one PM because I found out you're married to one of my all time favorite BB players from Carlisle!

BrianfromCarlisle

HorseFeathers

You mean Houston nutt, job gruden, and Lou holtz aren't really the finalists?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on February 05, 2016, 10:35:44 pm

You must not know much about carlisle folk, those coaches are not on their level. Lol

Okieback

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 21, 2016, 04:52:14 pm
I'm sure this is a small number, but there are AD's out there that leave eligibility up to the coaches.

Who does this?

And Arkansas actually as eligibility list? Are they week to week or what? I'm asking cause years ago I heard they didn't and any body could play.

Any way. In 99.9 percent of schools each school uses a grade book system , example wingage.
Each week teachers run eligibility . It's point and click . Then the counselor , principal , or secretary hits print . Bam, list of whoever is flunking and should have to sit . And every teacher and prinicpal and coach have a copy.

In this day and age of technology why would just the coaches have to check this?

Okieback

You can't peel back on punt returns anymore, unless you want your team to get hit with a personnel foul defenseless player penalty .

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HF on February 05, 2016, 10:35:44 pm

I heard rumor one of Nutt's former players may be a candidate.  Any truth to that?

bigworm

not an assistant. a predecessor...................John L Smith. So SMILE!!!!!

bigworm

so there is Uhiren, Bolding, and who is the third finalist? Bolding would be good I figure. He can recruit very well  :o but he wouldn't be there long I figure.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: bigworm on February 08, 2016, 01:53:13 pm
so there is Uhiren, Bolding, and who is the third finalist? Bolding would be good I figure. He can recruit very well  :o but he wouldn't be there long I figure.

The former All-SEC Hog?

BrianfromCarlisle

bigworm

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 08, 2016, 02:33:52 pm

The former All-SEC Hog?

ole mitch

BigLion10

Heard ole jimmy Johnson may be on the list

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: bigworm on February 08, 2016, 03:36:28 pm
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 08, 2016, 02:33:52 pm

The former All-SEC Hog?

ole mitch

Candidate or rumor?

OT15

Rumor!! If he's hired we need an emergency election for new school board members.

bigworm

purpleswag

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: purpleswag on February 09, 2016, 07:18:23 am
Are we talking Mitch Mustain?

You serious, Clark?  Mustain never made all-SEC.

purpleswag

Sonofasonofasailor

February 09, 2016, 10:35:45 am #148 Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:47:25 am by Sonofasonofasailor
Quote from: purpleswag on February 09, 2016, 09:51:53 am
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 09, 2016, 08:42:36 am
Quote from: purpleswag on February 09, 2016, 07:18:23 am
Are we talking Mitch Mustain?

You serious, Clark?  Mustain never made all-SEC.

Who is Clark?

From Urban Dictionary:

The Phrase: *You Serious Clark?* is appropriately used when someone around you says something so outrageous that you cannot believe they actually just said that.

This phrase was taken from the movie *National Lampoon's: Christmas Vacation*.

Sitting at the table for Christmas dinner, Clark Griswold mentions that he heard a pilot flying over New York spotted Santa Claus, to excite the children about Christmas, but Cousin Eddie found it necessary to respond with *You Serious Clark?*

Lions84

Good Luck to the Scourge of the Grand Prairie.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas