• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS Lakeside vs Pulaski Robinson

Started by Maynard G Krebs, August 29, 2016, 08:39:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Proud Buckaroo

The only thing that they had good tonight.....

Romeo

Robinson sent an early message to the 4A tonight.

~WPS~

Robinson should wait until they play somebody good.

Mr. Mercer

Scheduled a preseason top 10 5A school.  Took care of business. Can't help that Lakeside wasn't what everyone thought. I know they don't think they've "arrived" yet. Taking it one game at a time.

RyanLR

Quote from: ~WPS~ on August 29, 2016, 09:12:22 pm
Robinson should wait until they play somebody good.
Oh so I shouldn't be allowed to celebrate the fact that football is here, the fact that my alma mater just beat the brakes off a top 10 5A school? It's people like you that want to derail any amount of fun somebody else is having.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on August 30, 2016, 02:21:41 am
Oh so I shouldn't be allowed to celebrate the fact that football is here, the fact that my alma mater just beat the brakes off a top 10 5A school? It's people like you that want to derail any amount of fun somebody else is having.

He's just a little worried, that's all.

Impressive win by Robinson. Maybe this is the year they put it all together.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 30, 2016, 05:50:58 am
He's just a little worried, that's all.

Impressive win by Robinson. Maybe this is the year they put it all together.

Indeed. Robinson did what they had to do. Came out and beat the brakes off their opponent.

From the sounds of it Eskola may have a big year with Fells, Page, Jackson, and Swoboda to throw to. If they can remotely play defense and protect Eskola, they will have a big year.

~WPS~

Quote from: RyanLR on August 30, 2016, 02:21:41 am
My response was about Robinson making a statement. We heard the same stuff last year about how good Robinson was then they played a top 4A team and got thumped.

GuvHog

Quote from: ~WPS~ on August 30, 2016, 07:38:04 am
My response was about Robinson making a statement. We heard the same stuff last year about how good Robinson was then they played a top 4A team and got thumped.

Easy now. Lakeside returns almost all of their starters from last year's team that was a good one so they are no slouch. For Robinson to do what they did to those Rams is making a statement to the 4A classification.

~WPS~

Quote from: GuvHog on August 30, 2016, 07:47:54 am
Easy now. Lakeside returns almost all of their starters from last year's team that was a good one so they are no slouch. For Robinson to do what they did to those Rams is making a statement to the 4A classification.
I saw the game, it doesn't matter how many Lakeside has back, that was not a good team. They may get better but they played a bad game yesterday. Robinson having a receiver wide open by 20 yards 4 or 5 times is not due to Robinson being so good.

AirWarren

Just don't.

Overdahill

Lakeside rode hard on Housley and Bradford last year; big shoes to fill with those guys graduated

Lumberjackfan1978

Good win by Robinson no matter what

Overdahill

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 30, 2016, 09:01:39 am
Good win by Robinson no matter what

True. I just don't want to get my hopes up too early again like I did last year

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on August 30, 2016, 09:12:00 am
True. I just don't want to get my hopes up too early again like I did last year

With the addition of Jackson and a healthy fells, this could be a different year.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2016, 09:22:36 am
With the addition of Jackson and a healthy fells, this could be a different year.

you are right on with that observation (I hope)

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on August 30, 2016, 09:31:15 am
you are right on with that observation (I hope)

It will come down to coaching and their defense. If they have a remotely good defensive line and secondary, they could possibly make noise. Last year in the big game against Dardanelle, the lizards made their defensive line look like butter to a hot knife. Hammonds was expected to do a lot too. They have 4 weapons this year you have to account for. Jackson has a D1 commitment for a reason and he has a good supporting cast.

~WPS~

On another note, great job Robinson representing 4A and 7-4A. I always love seeing 4A teams beat larger schools (which happens a lot)

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Overdahill on August 30, 2016, 08:54:19 am
Lakeside rode hard on Housley and Bradford last year; big shoes to fill with those guys graduated

Need some defensive help in a hurry!

Mr. Mercer

Man to man with no safety help puts your secondary in a bad way. Let alone against Robinsons WR's

RyanLR

Got a week and three days rest to prepare for CAC which was a shootout last season. Should be a really good game.

nuttinbuthogs

Ought not to play man with no help if you can't do it. Good Question, who is running the defense over there now.

GuvHog

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on August 30, 2016, 03:56:16 pm
Ought not to play man with no help if you can't do it. Good Question, who is running the defense over there now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were HCs of future Lakeside opponents sitting in the stands watching that. Lakeside's defensive secondary will definitely get tested this year, that's for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas