• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville Bearcats

Started by bearcat1983, August 27, 2016, 03:15:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcat1983

The team is loaded with sophomores. What are our chances ?

dukes424

Looking forward to the game. Anybody has a chance. Looking forward to seeing how the Hawks adapt to the new system and coaches in a game situation so far it looks pretty good. Our head baseball coach is from Booneville he's also an assistant football coach. How many sophomores does Booneville start?

AirWarren

Booneville has some great youth coming up. I suspect they have a solid shot at beating PR.

nastynice

Quote from: dukes424 on August 27, 2016, 08:08:19 pm
Looking forward to the game. Anybody has a chance. Looking forward to seeing how the Hawks adapt to the new system and coaches in a game situation so far it looks pretty good. Our head baseball coach is from Booneville he's also an assistant football coach.How many sophomores does Booneville start?
I didnt know this.  What is his name?

dukes424

His name is John King - great guy and coach.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lots to learn for this group of Bearcats.  I predict a slow but competitive start to the season.  Barring injuries of course, I expect things to start clicking mid season. 

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 29, 2016, 07:55:58 am
Lots to learn for this group of Bearcats.  I predict a slow but competitive start to the season.  Barring injuries of course, I expect things to start clicking mid season. 
I've got y'all picked against pea ridge. What y'all thinking about that one?

Youknowwhothisis

Umm... king is from charelston...

Youknowwhothisis

Umm... king is from charelston...

dukes424

Oh my bad I thought he told me Booneville. Maybe it was Travis that was from Booneville. That's my oldtimers kicking in.

Ole Legend

Quote from: dukes424 on August 29, 2016, 08:13:21 pm
Oh my bad I thought he told me Booneville. Maybe it was Travis that was from Booneville. That's my oldtimers kicking in.

Travis is from Booneville. King is from Charleston!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: dukes424 on August 29, 2016, 08:13:21 pm

Yes Travis was a Booneville native. 

Youknowwhothisis

Air warren, why do you think booneville's gonna beat Pea Ridge? Just wondering.

Coach Booneville

Booneville has a good couple of seniors that I think can make some plays.  Mix them with the new group of kids and they should have a good year.  It may not happen early, but by the end of the season they should be going strong.  Looking forward to it!!

Youknowwhothisis

I do know that this is going to be a good game and Im looking forward to tommorow night

AirWarren

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on August 30, 2016, 08:12:10 am
Air warren, why do you think booneville's gonna beat Pea Ridge? Just wondering.

Booneville has a couple of good senior players and a fairly loaded sophomore class. Plus, winning tradition. Their offense is made to give teams fits. And they are efficient.

Pea ridge has no winning tradition and I just feel like booneville will make it happen.

Basically, no respect for pea ridge. More respect for the Bearcats.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2016, 10:39:58 am
Booneville has a couple of good senior players and a fairly loaded sophomore class. Plus, winning tradition. Their offense is made to give teams fits. And they are efficient.

Pea ridge has no winning tradition and I just feel like booneville will make it happen.

Didn't Pea Ridge lose in the semis to the champs last year?

Ole Legend

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2016, 10:39:58 am

Pea Ridge has won 10+ games 3 out of the past 4 years, they have a loaded junior class, and they lost in the semis to the state champs last year. Tell me again why you don't have respect for Pea Ridge.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ I am going to speak for AW.  I believe its due to only the recent success.  Pea Ridge has done excellent as of recent and a Booneville native was in part the reason.  Pea Ridge is still growing and should move up through the classifications over time.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 01, 2016, 10:51:16 am
Didn't Pea Ridge lose in the semis to the champs last year?

Mena lost to Warren in 2014.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 01, 2016, 12:31:23 pm
^ I am going to speak for AW.  I believe its due to only the recent success.  Pea Ridge has done excellent as of recent and a Booneville native was in part the reason.  Pea Ridge is still growing and should move up through the classifications over time.

Thank you counsel. No further questions needed.

beach bum

September 01, 2016, 01:02:23 pm #21 Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:34:15 pm by beach bum
Please Booneville beat Pea Ridge.... We want their confidence shaken a little before PG or Shiloh plays them.

Ole Legend

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 01, 2016, 12:31:23 pm
Pea Ridge returns everyone at the skill positions this year. They won't lose many games.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Ole Legend on September 01, 2016, 01:03:37 pm
Pea Ridge returns everyone at the skill positions this year. They won't lose many games.

Booneville returns 2 1/2.   How you like that!

GuvHog

Quote from: Ole Legend on September 01, 2016, 01:03:37 pm

Hot Springs Lakeside returned 19 starters this year and they were mercy ruled by Robinson the other night. Sometimes having a lot of returning starters is not indicative of how a team will do.

dukes424

Pea Ridge is currently 20th down the list on 4a schools as far as numbers. In our conference alone Huntsville , Gravette, Berryville , Prairie Grove would move up before the Ridge would at this point. Travis was a good coach however this junior and senior class has had tremendous success since they were in Pee Wee all the way up.

Ole Legend

Quote from: GuvHog on September 01, 2016, 01:15:52 pm
Hot Springs Lakeside returned 19 starters this year and they were mercy ruled by Robinson the other night. Sometimes having a lot of returning starters is not indicative of how a team will do.

Last time I checked, Lakeside didn't make it to the semis and lose to Nashville last year.

minerjack

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 01, 2016, 01:14:25 pm
Booneville returns 2 1/2.   How you like that!
Not necessarily a bad thing if you only won a hand full of games the previous year.

minerjack

Quote from: Ole Legend on September 01, 2016, 01:26:37 pm
Last time I checked, Lakeside didn't make it to the semis and lose to Nashville last year.
But they did lose to the state runner up.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: dukes424 on September 01, 2016, 01:23:21 pm
Pea Ridge is currently 20th down the list on 4a schools as far as numbers. In our conference alone Huntsville , Gravette, Berryville , Prairie Grove would move up before the Ridge would at this point. Travis was a good coach however this junior and senior class has had tremendous success since they were in Pee Wee all the way up.

Im not arguing anything.  Your enrollment numbers are getting bigger and will take a big jump in the next count.

minerjack

Youknowwhothisis

Travis wasnt the only reason pe ridge has been so good recently, this group of seniors has been tearing it up since pee wee, they arent going to stand around and lose they are prepared to go far, i have plenty of respect for boonville they do have a tridiyion unlike pea ridge but this team will play their hearts out till the last game of the playoffs, i all kinds of  respect towards boonville, and their offense, this will be a good game but pea ridge will win this game

dukes424

Dude go to your English class. What's tridiyion and Booneviile with an E. Just kidding but your spellcheck maybe off a bit. Looking forward to the game you going to be there because if you are I don't know who you is lol.

Youknowwhothisis

Yeah it was supposed to say tradition, but yes I'll be at the game tommorow night.

AtmaVegeta

September 02, 2016, 06:33:25 am #34 Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:42:42 am by AtmaVegeta
I'm excited for this game.  Been living in Pea Ridge 7 years now and first time they have played my Bearcats.  Think I'm going to round up the kids and take them.

The game starts at 7 right?

QuotePea Ridge is currently 20th down the list on 4a schools as far as numbers.
Pea Ridge is growing fast though.  2346 pop in 2000 to ~ est 5242 pop now.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 01, 2016, 01:38:44 pm
Im not arguing anything.  Your enrollment numbers are getting bigger and will take a big jump in the next count.

Don't argue with them. I've seen, there is no sense.

dukes424

Yes game is at 7 and I totally agree we are growing In Pea Ridge as well as NWA as a whole. Not sure if it will happen but I've read NWA is predicted to get 100,000 more residents in the next ten years due to the home office growth.

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on September 02, 2016, 08:33:30 am
Yes game is at 7 and I totally agree we are growing In Pea Ridge as well as NWA as a whole. Not sure if it will happen but I've read NWA is predicted to get 100,000 more residents in the next ten years due to the home office growth.

When Walmart jets to Texas, I wonder what will happen up there.

Read a story where Walmart was having massive layoffs.

AtmaVegeta

If Walmart left it would kill Bentonville.  There are so many Home Office - ISD jobs here not to mention all the vendors that have branches here just to interact with Walmart.  My wife actually works at ISD so we'd probably move also.  She hasn't mentioned any huge layoffs there so might be at the stores.  They usually purge every year though.  I don't really see it leaving since they just upgraded ISD (and still working on) and there is 'talk "rumors"' of building a new home office right behind NWACC (they plan on putting a new exit for ISD).

And thanks for letting me know 7.  I knew used to be 7:30 then thought changed to 7 (didn't get to go any games last year).

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 02, 2016, 08:41:09 am
When Walmart jets to Texas, I wonder what will happen up there.

Read a story where Walmart was having massive layoffs.
They aren't having massive layoffs

AirWarren

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 02, 2016, 02:56:01 pm
May not be "massive" to you.

http://investorplace.com/2016/09/walmart-layoffs-job-cuts-wmt-stock/#.V8nZLcQ8KnM
Those positions are in the stores, and theyre just being moved to different positions inside the store to where they're moved out onto the sales floor.

dukes424

Does anyone know if Pea Ridge or Booneville is streaming the game. I know the Ridge usually doesn't do home games but not sure about this year. I had a parent that had to go to Texas today wanting to know. Thanks

AtmaVegeta

As far as I know Booneville doesn't stream their games. I could be wrong but I've never seen them do it.

Also, how is the parking usually?  Wasn't sure how packed Pea Ridge football gets.

dukes424

Parking is not that great if you get here past 6:30ish. Being the first game and good weather it will be packed. If the high school parking lot is full you can park at the junior high around the corner on Weston street.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on September 02, 2016, 06:55:03 am
Don't argue with them. I've seen, there is no sense.
no further questions needed.

AtmaVegeta

Good game.  Congratulations to Pea Ridge on the win.  They looked very good.

Feel like it might be a long year for Booneville.

prHOG13

safe travels Booneville. Best of luck the rest of the season

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas