• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A Week 1

Started by SUGARTOWN, August 26, 2016, 08:15:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

August 26, 2016, 08:15:00 am Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:18:56 am by SUGARTOWN
Baptist Prep at McGehee---New coach for BP, but I think McGehee wins this one

Southside at Cave City---Rivalry game, I'll take SS here on the road

Mayflower at CAC---CAC big here

Heber Springs at Clinton---Another rivalry, both teams expecting a big year, HS in a close one

HWH at Earle---Interesting matchup here, Earle may take this one

Carlisle at Lonoke---Carlisle should be better but Lonoke has too much

Riverview at DeWitt---Riverview with the long road trip but they take it by a few

Stuttgart at Arkadelphia---Birds would be favored at home, but on the road it's a toss up

cuckoobird

Dewitt playing another 4a team?!!!! Who would have thunk it... I guess all the 2a schools had contracts signed already

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 26, 2016, 12:45:15 pm
Dewitt playing another 4a team?!!!! Who would have thunk it... I guess all the 2a schools had contracts signed already

They should've tried the Ozark JV...

BigLion10

They only schedule real teams like greenwood

HeberFan

Not sure many of these games will be close

cuckoobird

Ok, time for me to start disliking everyone again. Ricebirds will once again rule the roost while the rest of you bottom feeders fight for first loser...

cuckoobird

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2016, 10:26:28 am
Ok, time for me to start disliking everyone again. Ricebirds will once again rule the roost while the rest of you bottom feeders fight for first loser...
Lol. In mid season form already.

cuckoobird

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2016, 10:26:28 am

Stuttgart has all the pieces to finish well this year. I hope the kick the cocky out of CAC.

The Ref

Riverview at DeWitt, anyone know much about DeWitt?  This is the 1st meeting between the schools.

cuckoobird

SWF by as much as they want. A good year for Dewitt is beating a couple of 2a schools then losing 8 straight to 4a competition

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: The Ref on August 31, 2016, 12:33:31 pm
Riverview at DeWitt, anyone know much about DeWitt?  This is the 1st meeting between the schools.

They won't be too good, as usual they're picked last in ther 8-4A. I think they have a decent FB & RB coming back, but their best player was their QB last year and he graduated.

That being said, I think Riverview graduated their best players from last year as well, correct? This could be pretty close ballgame IMO.

Grand Prairie

Dewitt and Riverview are very similar.

Both missed a slight window last season to make the playoffs (especially Dewitt) and both lost quite a bit.

Dewitt has a couple of pretty good backs and an average defense for them.

Riverview basically has a stud wide receiver and not much else.... at least on paper.

I expect a good game of two teams whos high point this season might be winning Friday night.

HeberFan

Quote from: Grand Prairie on August 31, 2016, 04:54:28 pm
Dewitt and Riverview are very similar.

Both missed a slight window last season to make the playoffs (especially Dewitt) and both lost quite a bit.

Dewitt has a couple of pretty good backs and an average defense for them.

Riverview basically has a stud wide receiver and not much else.... at least on paper.

I expect a good game of two teams whos high point this season might be winning Friday night.

Riverview had a really good lineman last year. Is he playing college ?

The Ref

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 31, 2016, 12:47:29 pm
SWF
I see your still the only one that uses this acronym. Very random & doesn't apply but it somehow is humorous I guess. One of those it's so bad , it's good type things.

cuckoobird

I actually used it wrong, it should have read SWFU but I'm sure pH will use it when he returns.

HeberFan

Not a down played and Cuck is already getting tiresome

SUGARTOWN

Audio link for Ricebirds - Badgers tonight: www.country973.com or the Country 97.3 mobile app

Pre game at 6:30, kick at 7:00

HeberFan

Heber and Clinton broadcast of 101.9 The Lake.  Jackets are picked to win their conference, returning 8 on offense and 7 on defense.

Ricebird Fan13

Quote from: HeberFan on August 30, 2016, 06:32:12 pm

Stuttgart has all the pieces to finish well this year. I hope the kick the cocky out of CAC.
Yeah I'm tired of these private schools. Stuttgart will no doubt trump CAC at the end of the season

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas