• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4-4A pickem game Make sure you check it out.

Started by Gray lizard, August 25, 2016, 09:17:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

I will do a 4-4A contest this year. To make it worth your time I will offer a winning prize to the winner and 2nd place finisher(unless rules do not allow). 
Winner $50.00 gift card to Academy Sports
2nd place $25.00 gift card to Academy Sports.

Rules and scoring:
Game will last as long as a 4-4A team is still playing in the playoffs.
Open to all FF members.
You must enter the weeks game winner and point spread by 12:00 pm the day of the game (or prior to start of game if by some reason a game started prior to 12:00 pm).
No edits allowed to your picks after 12:00 pm the day of the game.
1 Point for picking the correct winning team.
5 point bonus if you pick the exact point spread.
My game I have final say.  Winners must pm me their address to receive the prize at the end of the game.

So there you go have fun.  Here is the first games.

Booneville @ Pea Ridge
Dardanelle @ Charleston
Dover @ Atkins
Ozark @ Gravette
Pottsville VS Fountain Lake
Subiaco @ Brinkley
Waldron @ Mansfield
West Fork @ Greenland

WPWells

Pea Ridge by 14
Charleston by 7
Dover by 7
Ozark by 14
Pottsville by 7
Subiaco Academy by 1
Mansfield by 1
Greenland by 14

elvis26

:D pearidge by 14
  Charleston  by 14
          dover by   7
           Ozark by 14
          fo lake by 14
           brinkly by 14
       Mansfield  by 14
         Greenland by 21

nastynice

Booneville by 1
Charleston by 1
Dover by 13
Gravette by 7
FL by 7
Brinkley by 17
Waldron by 6
Greenland by 7

Lumberjackfan1978

Pea Ridge by 20
Charleston by 7
Dover by 6
Gravitate by 7
F lake by 14
Brinkley by 14
Mansfield by 2
Greenland 14

The Coach

Pea Ridge by 7
Dardanelle by 5
Dover by 7
Ozark by 7
Ftn Lake by 8
Subiaco Academy by 7
Waldron by 1
Greenland by 14

young_gun

Pea Ridge by 21
Charleston by 4
Atkins by 7
Ozark by 14
Pottsville by 7
Subiaco Academy by 7
Waldron by 1
Greenland by 7

the green moose

Pea Ridge by 6
Charleston by 10
Dover by 2
Gravette by 8
Fountain Lake by 13
Brinkley by 20
Mansfield by 14
West Fork by 6

Just a correction, dont think it matters much but West Fork is playing at home this game.

3 Dollar

Booneville by 3
Charleston by 12
Dover by 14
Ozark by 15
Pottsville by 11
Brinkley by 20
Mansfield by 7
Greenland by 10

Sapper6

Pea Ridge by 3
Dardanelle by 1
Dover by 6
Gravette by 3
Fountain Lake by 10
Brinkley by 1
Mansfield by 1
Greenland by 14

bearcat1983

HorseFeathers

August 27, 2016, 04:30:06 pm #11 Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:24:38 pm by HorseFeathers
Pea Ridge by 10
Charleston by 6
doverby 1
Ozark by 7
Pottsville by 8
Subiaco by 2
Mansfield by 5
Greenland  by 3

AirItOut21

Pea Ridge (14)
Charleston (14)
Dover (21)
Gravette (14)
Fountain Lake (14)
Subiaco (7)
Waldron (7)
Greenland (14)

x14113

It's been a while since I played a conference pick 'em

Hm, but emphasis on exact margins? time to adjust my strats...

Ozark @ Gravette (6)
The season hasn't officially started yet, and the Hillbillies are already starting off the wrong foot. Their greatest strength is supposed to be in the trenches, but when your key linemen are sidelined with injuries, that supposed strength will be tested greatly. The Lions can use all the help they can get as they aim to return among the elite of the 4A-1.

Fountain Lake @ Pottsville (8)
The Apaches have been my favorite to win the 4 since after last season, but early reports don't seem all that promising.  The good news is that the Cobras have a lot on their own plates as they try to maintain momentum in the 7 despite starting with a clean slate. Considering the difficulty of the first part of their schedule, this should be a welcome relief.

Booneville @ Pea Ridge (17)
The Bearcats are dealing with some unusual circumstances right now. Despite being one of the more experienced teams in the conference, many of their highly-touted sophomores will be expected to start this season. They will get a first-hand idea as to how good they're expected to be in the years to come as the resurgent Blackhawks seek to regain the respect they feel they deserve.

Dardanelle @ Charleston (13)
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I do not buy the Sand Lizards winning a third straight conference title. The fact that they have been favored despite losing most of their starters (along with their HC) speaks more to the uncertain state of the conference than to Dardy's own quality. While I do believe a good season is especially possible (if only because the floor seems much lower this year), the notions of a third-straight unbeaten regular season are especially egregious. Indeed, I expect the experienced, bitter Tigers to not even give their guests a chance at it.

Dover (6) @ Atkins
This will be a key season for the Pirates: How far will they drop after losing the key players that has fueled their most recent run? The archrival Red Devils feel refreshed with their return home to the 3A-4, and they look to use this boost to give their hated guests a game.

Waldron (3) @ Mansfield
I've been reading where Ricky May was on the Bulldogs' coaching staff in the late '90s. Could he perhaps have played a major factor in their last run of success at the turn of the millennium? Surely, it can't be a coincidence that the program fell hard not long after he left. I mention all this because after seeing their lower levels last year, I had the feeling that Waldron just might be on to something. The only question is, will that hunch actually materialize into anything? We'll have our initial answer in the Battle of Scott County.

Greenland (9) @ West Fork
Here's some speculation to ponder: Would the Tigers have been one of the favorites had they stayed in the 3A-1? Losing as many seniors as they did was bad enough, but to further lose your top two QBs later on is a hurdle for the ages. Not the best situation to be in as the archrival Pirates look to avenge last year's result. 4A-4 fans still remember and respect WF's last stint in the conference, but repeating that feat will still be a tall order.

Subiaco @ Brinkley (1)
The lower end of the 2A-6 has always been a bit of an enigma, to the point where if one of the teams therein wins a first-round playoff game, it tends to make waves. The Trojans have shown how low the floors of the 5A-Central and the 2A-4 have been, and we'll get an answer for the above this week.

rskyb33

Pea Ridge by 8
Charleston by 7
Dover by 7
Ozark by 7
Pottsville by 7
Brinkley by 7
Mansfield by 7
West Fork by 6

Devils

Dardanelle (6)
Pea Ridge (6)
Atkins (3)
Gravette (3)
Fountain Lake (1)
Subiaco Academy (6)
Waldron (2)
Greenland (6)

Danvillegrad77

BOONEVILLE +10
CHARLESTON  +7
ATKINS +4
OZARK +8
POTTSVILLE +2
SUBI +1
WALDRON +1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: x14113 on August 28, 2016, 10:19:35 pm
It's been a while since I played a conference pick 'em

Hm, but emphasis on exact margins? time to adjust my strats...

Ozark @ Gravette (6)
The season hasn't officially started yet, and the Hillbillies are already starting off the wrong foot. Their greatest strength is supposed to be in the trenches, but when your key linemen are sidelined with injuries, that supposed strength will be tested greatly. The Lions can use all the help they can get as they aim to return among the elite of the 4A-1.

Fountain Lake @ Pottsville (8)
The Apaches have been my favorite to win the 4 since after last season, but early reports don't seem all that promising.  The good news is that the Cobras have a lot on their own plates as they try to maintain momentum in the 7 despite starting with a clean slate. Considering the difficulty of the first part of their schedule, this should be a welcome relief.

Booneville @ Pea Ridge (17)
The Bearcats are dealing with some unusual circumstances right now. Despite being one of the more experienced teams in the conference, many of their highly-touted sophomores will be expected to start this season. They will get a first-hand idea as to how good they're expected to be in the years to come as the resurgent Blackhawks seek to regain the respect they feel they deserve.

Dardanelle @ Charleston (13)
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I do not buy the Sand Lizards winning a third straight conference title. The fact that they have been favored despite losing most of their starters (along with their HC) speaks more to the uncertain state of the conference than to Dardy's own quality. While I do believe a good season is especially possible (if only because the floor seems much lower this year), the notions of a third-straight unbeaten regular season are especially egregious. Indeed, I expect the experienced, bitter Tigers to not even give their guests a chance at it.

Dover (6) @ Atkins
This will be a key season for the Pirates: How far will they drop after losing the key players that has fueled their most recent run? The archrival Red Devils feel refreshed with their return home to the 3A-4, and they look to use this boost to give their hated guests a game.

Waldron (3) @ Mansfield
I've been reading where Ricky May was on the Bulldogs' coaching staff in the late '90s. Could he perhaps have played a major factor in their last run of success at the turn of the millennium? Surely, it can't be a coincidence that the program fell hard not long after he left. I mention all this because after seeing their lower levels last year, I had the feeling that Waldron just might be on to something. The only question is, will that hunch actually materialize into anything? We'll have our initial answer in the Battle of Scott County.

Greenland (9) @ West Fork
Here's some speculation to ponder: Would the Tigers have been one of the favorites had they stayed in the 3A-1? Losing as many seniors as they did was bad enough, but to further lose your top two QBs later on is a hurdle for the ages. Not the best situation to be in as the archrival Pirates look to avenge last year's result. 4A-4 fans still remember and respect WF's last stint in the conference, but repeating that feat will still be a tall order.

Subiaco @ Brinkley (1)
The lower end of the 2A-6 has always been a bit of an enigma, to the point where if one of the teams therein wins a first-round playoff game, it tends to make waves. The Trojans have shown how low the floors of the 5A-Central and the 2A-4 have been, and we'll get an answer for the above this week.

Can nailing a point spread by -10?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas