• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich's Power System (RPS) 4A Preseason Rankings

Started by julesverne, August 23, 2016, 10:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

julesverne

The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his preseason 4A rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/class-4a-preview/

SUGARTOWN

Here are his rankings, he also has commentary in the link posted above.

Class 4A
1.   Nashville
2.   Warren
3.   Pocahontas
4.   Shiloh Christian
5.   Central Arkansas Christian
6.   Robinson
7.   Stuttgart
8.   Prairie Grove
9.   Ashdown
10.   Malvern
11.   Star City
12.   Pea Ridge
13.   Pottsville
14.   Dardanelle
15.   Arkadelphia
16.   Dollarway
17.   Hamburg
18.   Monticello
19.   Booneville
20.   Heber Springs
21.   Crossett
22.   Dover
23.   Highland
24.   Gosnell
25.   Riverview
26.   Lonoke
27.   Fountain Lake
28.   Mena
29.   Dumas
30.   Gravette
31.   Ozark
32.   Batesville Southside
33.   West Helena Central
34.   Trumann
35.   Baptist Prep
36.   Jonesboro Westside
37.   West Fork
38.   Brookland
39.   Lincoln
40.   Gentry
41.   Huntsville
42.   Berryville
43.   DeWitt
44.   Harrisburg
45.   Cave City
46.   Waldron
47.   Subiaco Academy
48.   Bauxite

SCRAPYARD

Looks good to me, except may swap Ashdown and bauxite.

hardcorry

The commentary is the best part. Anybody can post their own rankings, but being knowledgeable enough to back it up is a whole different animal.

bigchief72455

beach bum

Why is Pokey #3? They wouldn't even get third place in the 7-4A or 1-4A conference. They would probably finish just 3rd in the 2-4A and 8-4A conference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: beach bum on August 23, 2016, 11:11:59 am
Why is Pokey #3? They wouldn't even get third place in the 7-4A or 1-4A conference. They would probably finish just 3rd in the 2-4A and 8-4A conference.
I guess only time will tell.

OB11

They shouldn't be challenged at all in their conference.  They should for sure go into the playoffs with at least a 9 -1 record (but will more than likely be 10-0).  The only close game I see on their schedule is Nettleton and with that game being week 1, I think Pokey takes it.  They'll have to earn their ranking once playoff time rolls around. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hardcorry on August 23, 2016, 11:05:50 am
The commentary is the best part. Anybody can post their own rankings, but being knowledgeable enough to back it up is a whole different animal.

Nah, anybody with a Hooten's magazine a little time and some common sense could write that commentary.  8)

AirWarren

hardcorry

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 23, 2016, 11:46:52 am
Nah, anybody with a Hooten's magazine a little time and some common sense could write that commentary.  8)

I think you overestimate the amount of people with common sense...

Overdahill

I agree with #1 and #2. One of those two will win state based on who is #3 through #6

Gray lizard

No love for the 4-4A.  I think we see  possible undefeated Dardanelle again this year.  Pottsville could be a spoiler for them.  Where I do agree is I do not think the 4-4A will fair as well in the playoffs this season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on August 23, 2016, 10:59:07 am

Quote from: hardcorry on August 23, 2016, 12:27:18 pm

I think you overestimate the amount of people with common sense...

AirWarren

Pokey03

Expectations are high in Pocahontas this year, this is a very talented team on both sides of the ball. Due to some unfortunate events we were derailed early in the playoffs last year, what should have been a deep playoff run. With the talent returning don't be surprised

~WPS~

Quote from: Pokey03 on August 23, 2016, 07:01:52 pm
Expectations are high in Pocahontas this year, this is a very talented team on both sides of the ball. Due to some unfortunate events we were derailed early in the playoffs last year, what should have been a deep playoff run. With the talent returning don't be surprised
I've been watching Pokey's scrimmage on live stream. I'd have to agree with beach bum, Pokey would struggle in other conferences. Typical 3-4A football, big and slow. Blytheville has some speed and is running past and waving goodbye.

Ole Legend

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 23, 2016, 10:42:06 am
Here are his rankings, he also has commentary in the link posted above.

Class 4A
1.   Nashville
2.   Warren
3.   Pocahontas
4.   Shiloh Christian
5.   Central Arkansas Christian
6.   Robinson
7.   Stuttgart
8.   Prairie Grove
9.   Ashdown
10.   Malvern
11.   Star City
12.   Pea Ridge
13.   Pottsville
14.   Dardanelle
15.   Arkadelphia
16.   Dollarway
17.   Hamburg
18.   Monticello
19.   Booneville
20.   Heber Springs
21.   Crossett
22.   Dover
23.   Highland
24.   Gosnell
25.   Riverview
26.   Lonoke
27.   Fountain Lake
28.   Mena
29.   Dumas
30.   Gravette
31.   Ozark
32.   Batesville Southside
33.   West Helena Central
34.   Trumann
35.   Baptist Prep
36.   Jonesboro Westside
37.   West Fork
38.   Brookland
39.   Lincoln
40.   Gentry
41.   Huntsville
42.   Berryville
43.   DeWitt
44.   Harrisburg
45.   Cave City
46.   Waldron
47.   Subiaco Academy
48.   Bauxite

IMO Shiloh is overrated, and Prarie Grove and Pea Ridge are underrated in this ranking. Prarie Grove is going to be VERY tough to beat, and I think Pea Ridge is the only team in the 1-4A that has the firepower to hang with them.

Pokey03

Quote from: ~WPS~ on August 23, 2016, 07:46:24 pm
I've been watching Pokey's scrimmage on live stream. I'd have to agree with beach bum, Pokey would struggle in other conferences. Typical 3-4A football, big and slow. Blytheville has some speed and is running past and waving goodbye.
Blytheville does look pretty potent, they will give anybody in the 5A fits. Pokey will be alright, Glad to see your interested in watching the live stream, keep watching throughout the season and your tune will change.

~WPS~

Quote from: Pokey03 on August 23, 2016, 08:14:24 pm
Blytheville does look pretty potent, they will give anybody in the 5A fits. Pokey will be alright, Glad to see your interested in watching the live stream, keep watching throughout the season and your tune will change.
Based on season previews Blytheville appears to be a middle of the pack 5A team, which isn't that great. Pokey playing in the 3-4A conference will make them look a lot better than they are. We'll see how it plays out come playoff time. Nothing against Pokey, but they will have to earn the respect from those outside of NE Ark, the 3-4A doesn't have the best reputation.

dukes424

I'll go with this for now and good article I must say. However everyone take a screen shot of the top ten now and the top ten when the season is said and done it won't be very close. Hootens does this every year as well and is always off. I'm just an analyzer like all of you so who knows. I will say I've reviewed Pokees personnel and predict and say Pokee will do very well this year they should have last year but upsets happen. I do agree they are a top 5 team.

Gray lizard

After watching Pottsville and Clinton last night and as much as I hate to say it.  No way Pottsville should be 13 or even in the top 25.  Unless something major changes I saw a 500 team with the down 4-4A

GuvHog

It's surprising to see Dollarway all the way down at #16. I guess the transfers and the coaching change is a big part of the reason.

nchan

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on August 23, 2016, 10:59:07 am

Why do you say this? Just out of curiosity.

SUGARTOWN

Dem-Gaz Super 6:

1. Nashville;7-4A;15-0

2. Warren;8-4A;10-2

3. CAC;2-4A;11-2

4. Shiloh Christian;1-4A;7-4

5. Ashdown;7-4A;8-4

6. Pulaski Robinson;7-4A;9-3

beach bum

At least they know how to get the top 2 right.... after that not so much.

OLDSCHOOL82

Several if's on the ranking.  1 and 2 are where they need to be preseason.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2016, 01:45:36 pm
At least they know how to get the top 2 right.... after that not so much.

What does your Top 10 look like?

HorseFeathers

Youknowwhothisis

Ole Legend

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas