• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas vs. Blytheville

Started by bigchief72455, August 16, 2016, 10:24:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

Pokey03

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 16, 2016, 10:24:54 am
Should be a good game.
Indeed, looks like Devon Adams is getting the nod at QB from what I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong

Lumberjackfan1978

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 16, 2016, 10:07:32 pm
Will pokey win
They will have to shut down the running game. Blytheville has a strong ground attack. But I feel confident that Pocahontas will get the job done.

OB11

Blytheville will probably finish top 3 in the 5A East so Pocahontas will have its hands full.  Should give you an idea of how good your run D is.

Pokey03

Quote from: OB11 on August 17, 2016, 10:05:15 am
Blytheville will probably finish top 3 in the 5A East so Pocahontas will have its hands full.  Should give you an idea of how good your run D is.
Return solid core of D from last year should be fine.

etowneraser

Pocahontas got thumped in the scrimmage.  I think the final was 28-6 (Two quarters).  They were over matched at all key positions.  The So. QB, Adams is not ready for prime time.  I thought Carter performed better.  I would have liked to see Carter with the first Team for part of the second have.  Pokie wide out #18 performed well as did Sorg.  The overall lack of Team speed is going to hurt this Team. 

What seemed like a clear run to the playoffs is now muddled.  With so much inexperience at QB, this might not be the season we had hoped for.  Expect this Team to be tested every step of the way.

With that said, GO REDSKINS.

Lumberjackfan1978

bigchief72455

Blytheville was also much better than last year as well.  They were faster  and stronger than before.  Pocahontas made some mistakes but some of the things that were only getting them 10 yards against Blytheville would have been touchdowns in conference play.

Redblue

"Pocahontas made some mistakes but some of the things that were only getting them 10 yards against Blytheville would have been touchdowns in conference play." and in the playoffs!

OB11

Quote from: etowneraser on August 23, 2016, 08:45:53 pm
Pocahontas got thumped in the scrimmage.  I think the final was 28-6 (Two quarters).  They were over matched at all key positions.  The So. QB, Adams is not ready for prime time.  I thought Carter performed better.  I would have liked to see Carter with the first Team for part of the second have.  Pokie wide out #18 performed well as did Sorg.  The overall lack of Team speed is going to hurt this Team. 

What seemed like a clear run to the playoffs is now muddled.  With so much inexperience at QB, this might not be the season we had hoped for.  Expect this Team to be tested every step of the way.

With that said, GO REDSKINS.

They will make a run TO the playoffs...how far they get after the playoffs start is where the doubt lies. 

Pokey03

Quote from: OB11 on August 24, 2016, 07:20:49 pm
They will make a run TO the playoffs...how far they get after the playoffs start is where the doubt lies.
We will see, don't sleep on the SKINS just yet.

Grond

Be aware that Blytheville made some brilliant defensive adjustments mid-way through last year [2015]. (Just ask Batesville.)

Pocahontas did not see that defensive strategy last year. So....Blytheville coaches have been improving, too.

TheSpecial

That'll be great experience for the Skins, they see that speed then match up in in 4A-3, should be little easier for them to make adjustments, always good to play bigger schools, better than paddin 2 wins on in the beginning of season but playing worse competiton than you'll see the rest of the year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas