• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Practice

Started by scrapman, August 06, 2016, 05:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapman

Any updates after the first week on how practice has looked?

scrapman

Lumberjackfan1978

Romeo

How many Warren freshmen were moved up to the varsity?

Jack1990

I'm not sure any have been yet. Not that I've heard anyway.

scrapman

I heard Ashdown is looking for a new OC. Anyone know what this is about?  Why almost 2 weeks into practice?  That is like 5 or 6 OC's in 5 or 6 years.

hogdiggity

Quote from: scrapman on August 11, 2016, 06:40:36 am
I heard Ashdown is looking for a new OC. Anyone know what this is about?  Why almost 2 weeks into practice?  That is like 5 or 6 OC's in 5 or 6 years.

You heard wrong.  We have an OC and is doing well, the offense has looked really good in practice.  Tonight is the intersquad scrimmage so we will get a better look.  We have coach opening but from what I have been told won't be filled until next spring at the earliest.  The opening is actually an assistant baseball coach.

scrapman

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 11, 2016, 06:48:32 am
You heard wrong.  We have an OC and is doing well, the offense has looked really good in practice.  Tonight is the intersquad scrimmage so we will get a better look.  We have coach opening but from what I have been told won't be filled until next spring at the earliest.  The opening is actually an assistant baseball coach.
Ahhhhhh...you sure. Might just want to check it out. Lots of chatter out there.

hogdiggity

Quote from: scrapman on August 11, 2016, 01:55:19 pm
Ahhhhhh...you sure. Might just want to check it out. Lots of chatter out there.

I am sure if there was a top notch one available we would take them.  The person that left was asst baseball and asst basketball.  Phillip Turner will be the OC this year.  Shoot me a PM if you want to verify my source.

~WPS~

Having a bad offense is a tradition that Ashdown is not willing to give up.

scrapman

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 11, 2016, 06:48:32 am
How was the scrimmage?

paraloma

Quote from: ~WPS~ on August 11, 2016, 03:27:17 pm
Having a bad offense is a tradition that Ashdown is not willing to give up.

Ouch.

hogdiggity

Quote from: scrapman on August 11, 2016, 09:15:55 pm
How was the scrimmage?

They looked really good.  Very explosive, a lot of weapons.  Maybe the fasted defense we have ever had . 

Overdahill

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 12, 2016, 03:34:41 pm
They looked really good.  Very explosive, a lot of weapons.  Maybe the fasted defense we have ever had .

wow, that saying a lot

scrapman

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 12, 2016, 03:34:41 pm
Must be hungry

hogdiggity

Quote from: scrapman on August 12, 2016, 11:19:15 pm
Must be hungry

Lol this typeing on a phone just plain sux

paraloma

With all the flooding and misplaced people in Baton Rouge, I was wondering if any new students enrolled recently. Specifically, defensive backs?

:-X

#oldjoke #newyear

SUGARTOWN

For those that don't like turf fields, it's weeks like these where they really pay off.

Unless you enjoy practicing in the mud...

AirWarren

I would have to agree.

WPWells

Quote from: paraloma on August 15, 2016, 10:03:19 pm
With all the flooding and misplaced people in Baton Rouge, I was wondering if any new students enrolled recently. Specifically, defensive backs?

:-X

#oldjoke #newyear

Insensitive much?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 16, 2016, 09:32:08 am
For those that don't like turf fields, it's weeks like these where they really pay off.

Unless you enjoy practicing in the mud...
i agree with you it's sure nice to have turf now

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas