• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Star City wk#1

Started by Skip, July 28, 2016, 09:11:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Thoughts on this season opener

WPWells

bulldoghistorian

The game is at Prescott. Star City in a close one.

Gray lizard

I hear Prescott is rumored to have a D-1 type back.  Any info on the young man?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 28, 2016, 11:44:00 am
The game is at Prescott. Star City in a close one.
that changes everything.

Dogpound2010

~WPS~

Prescott is always loaded with athletes. I wish Nashville still played them. It was always a fun game.

HeadBussa08

We wish we played the Scraps every year also WPS. Need to get that Rivalry back going. Game is at SC I believe. Wolves should win but think its going to be a tough ball game on the road.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 28, 2016, 12:59:05 pm
I hear Prescott is rumored to have a D-1 type back.  Any info on the young man?
Carlos Vanhook. believe he ran for 1800 yds and 30 tds last year. could be a little off on the stats. Great Kid works really hard. very solid D-2 prospect for sure. Will be a key part of the Wolves success this year.

AirWarren

Any kin to RJ Van hook? Believe he was a great back at Prescott.

Star city lost a lot. Prescott is the type of team that can give them fits. I think Prescott may have an early edge.

Skip

bulldoghistorian

The game is at Prescott. Hoping for a good game.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: AirWarren on July 28, 2016, 05:35:38 pm
Any kin to RJ Van hook? Believe he was a great back at Prescott.

Star city lost a lot. Prescott is the type of team that can give them fits. I think Prescott may have an early edge.
Son of Carlos Vanhook All State RB/LB on the 95 State title team. Needless to say the kid has it in his blood. and yes nephew of RJ Vanhook All State Running back on the 02 and 03 teams.

AirWarren

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on July 28, 2016, 07:28:24 pm
Son of Carlos Vanhook All State RB/LB on the 95 State title team. Needless to say the kid has it in his blood. and yes nephew of RJ Vanhook All State Running back on the 02 and 03 teams.

I remember him when warren played Prescott during the 2002 year I think.

Gray lizard

I was wondering about the young man.  I met him a few weeks back.  Heard he was a heck of a running back.  His size might be a factor.  His uncle R.J. has been helping with the speed camps we have been having for the youth in the River Valley.  We got to get these boys faster so they can compete with the Southern teams.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 28, 2016, 07:08:35 pm
The game is at Prescott. Hoping for a good game.
Game is at Star City (2016) @Prescott(2017)

bulldoghistorian

You are correct! I was wrong. The game is in Star City.

CounterPunch

Star City loses a lot of talent but Coach Furneaux will put a team on the field that will compete I assure you. We will see.

Sports Guru

polksalet

I predict bigbossman shows up and choke slams a Larry's Pizza.

Dogpound2010

Quote from: CounterPunch on July 29, 2016, 05:30:52 pm
Star City loses a lot of talent but Coach Furneaux will put a team on the field that will compete I assure you. We will see.
dont have the biggest group guys but have a lot that are eager to play...

GuvHog

Quote from: polksalet on July 29, 2016, 11:48:22 pm
I predict bigbossman shows up and choke slams a Larry's Pizza.

If you're referring to the professional wrestler, someone would have to dig him up first. He passed away a few years ago. I'm guessing you are probably referring to a Fearless Friday poster though.

Hoghead2

Prescott 35
Star City 14

Prescott is not the team to be playing if you're trying to figure things out in the opener.

Dogpound2010

Take it as a tune up and you might get surprised... ;)

Skip

Believe me Prescott isn't looking at it as a tune up, we have things to tune up ourselves including breaking in a new QB. Hoghead was showing a little mutual respect between Prescott / Hope rivalry. See you week 3 Hoghead

cuckoobird

Hoghead2

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on August 01, 2016, 07:26:04 am
Take it as a tune up and you might get surprised... ;)
Star City isn't a tune up game. What Im saying is, if you're not up to speed Prescott can make you look bad.

Dogpound2010

Think it's going to be a good game for both teams, but it's going to depend on who can stop the run. We also have some speed too plus our returning full back jaylon mallett...

Skip

I expect a good one, as long time Prescott Head Coach Eddie Jackson used to say "long as they give us 2 buses we will be there "

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on July 28, 2016, 05:16:05 pm
Carlos Vanhook. believe he ran for 1800 yds and 30 tds last year. could be a little off on the stats. Great Kid works really hard. very solid D-2 prospect for sure. Will be a key part of the Wolves success this year.
The real D-1 prospect is our Junior receiver KaDarius Pearson. He had around 78 catches for 1,300 yards and 10 touchdowns as a Sophomore.

bulldoghistorian

Skip

Ashdown... Prescott won 26-7 tonight

bulldoghistorian

hogdiggity

Prescott is a very good football team and will win a LOT of games.  Ashdown is not a good team right now, they had no "want to" about them.  Hopefully it was a wakeup call.  It will be a fun year for Prescott, very big, fast and talented.

Jimbo Morphis

Everyone knows a 3a team can't beat a good 4a team.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2016, 07:51:20 am
Everyone knows a 3a team can't beat a good 4a team.

Who's the good 4A team?

Jimbo Morphis

GuvHog

bulldoghistorian

cuckoobird

That just means they are giving the higher classification team the benefit of doubt

bulldoghistorian

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 27, 2016, 01:22:08 pm
That just means they are giving the higher classification team the benefit of doubt
I also think Star City's home field advantage was a factor also. If the game was at Prescott I think they would have been picked to win.

HeadBussa08

im glad Prescott has to face a little adversity on the road week one. Prescott by 14

Dogpound2010

bulldoghistorian

Dogpound2010

Just need a lil tickerin on the secondary and pass the ball a lil bit more and we should be alright... ;)

CURLEYWOLF24

Any recommendations for places to eat in Star City before the game?

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

August 30, 2016, 02:47:47 pm #48 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:01:05 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 30, 2016, 02:40:39 pm
Any recommendations for places to eat in Star City before the game?

Los toritos is pretty good if you want Mexican.

If you want a steak and a little more "fine dining", they have a village steakhouse over there and a catfish joint. Just watch out for the little red faced men in trench coats, black helicopters. Oldman can tell you about those. If it wasn't for Mr.B, angry mommas would have beheaded me and fed me to the gators over in Moscow back in circa 2010.

bulldoghistorian

Los Toritos Mexican Restaurant.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas