• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle Talk

Started by Gray lizard, July 27, 2016, 12:52:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

So what is the news.  I know they lost a lot.  They will have a few stand out players returning along with quite a bit of playing time for the non starters last year.  I got to think even with a coaching change a group of boys that have only lost 2 games in the past two season will field a good team.  I also think the 4A will have a large gap in team quality from the top 2 or 3 teams to the others. 
I am going out on the limb this year as I did the last two.  If Dardanelle beats Charleston they will either go undefeated regular season or have no more than one loss possible to Pottsville.  They will hear the same "they haven't played anyone". 

Not hearing much from the Sandlizard posters.

Danvillegrad77

I am not expecting more than 2 losses regular season and could very easily see another undefeated regular season.  Charleston will clue us in bigtime.  So, basically i agreed with everything you said.  lol!

MouthOfTheSouth215

Dardanelle wins maybe 6 games this year. Possibly 7

Lacerta agilis

You should stick to one profile Scooter.

MouthOfTheSouth215

Not sure who that was to but I'm just going to assume you agree with me.

Lumberjackfan1978

How's the Lizards looking in practice this year

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardy, by my recollection, will have one of the more talented linemen in 4a ball.  Other than that, unless move ins occurred, what else are you lizards holding in your hand? Ive seen every Jr high and Senior high group from Dardanelle play live for many years.  Cant recall a standout group at this moment unless puberty did them well.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 14, 2016, 09:48:31 pm
How's the Lizards looking in practice this year
About as expected after losing 22 Seniors, with around 6 to 8 being 3 year starters. Depth and experience will be a concern. The returning starters (3 on defense, 4 on offense) are looking good. No move ins, but we have 3 playing this year that didn't play last year that (IMO) could have been starters last year. Once they, along with some talented under classmen, get accustom to the speed and physicality of the high school game, we should be alright. It will probably take game experience to get there. We shall see week 1 at Charleston how the learning curve has come along. If you're going to schedule us for homecoming, you might want to have it early in the season.

Gray lizard

I see where Sandlizards have been practicing in the sand on the Arkansas River.  Wind sprints in the sand.  Now that sounds like fun.

Overdahill

August 16, 2016, 10:46:11 am #9 Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:49:21 am by Overdahill
Quote from: Gray lizard on August 16, 2016, 10:14:03 am
I see where Sandlizards have been practicing in the sand on the Arkansas River.  Wind sprints in the sand.  Now that sounds like fun.

hehe, good stuff there. you will feel a lot better about doing wind sprints on turf after doing some on sand. there was a dominant HS team from my youth that used those as part of their summer camp routine so I decided to try some myself and they were turbul  :D

Gray lizard

Anyone go to the Red White game last night.  My grass was knee deep and I was afraid if I did not mow no telling when it would be dry again.  I did see a few people in the stands when I had to go get gas.

lizard1989

They did look good in the red/white game. Lots of speed, some new faces on defense

Gray lizard

Any details on the Danville benefit game?  How did they look?  I went to watch Pottsville vs Clinton.

Pottsville needs a lot of improvement.  Not a lot of size or speed.  Had trouble moving the ball in the running game.  Passing game looked good, but we know that is not their bread and butter.  I did notice their fast back was not dressed out.  I am not sure of what type injury he may have.

Sigmund Sauer

Dardanelle was dominant as expected over the 3A rival in all aspects of the game. The Dardanelle JV wasn't expected to do well against the Little John varsity of course. However, they too tended to be dominant. I'm not sure it tells us much. Maybe that Danville is in for a long season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on August 24, 2016, 10:23:38 am
Dardanelle was dominant as expected over the 3A rival in all aspects of the game. The Dardanelle JV wasn't expected to do well against the Little John varsity of course. However, they too tended to be dominant. I'm not sure it tells us much. Maybe that Danville is in for a long season.

Danville dropped to 2a...they play Decatur, wyc, magazine and j.c Westside as half their schedule...I have a suspicion that they'll be okay

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 24, 2016, 10:42:57 am
Danville dropped to 2a...they play Decatur, wyc, magazine and j.c Westside as half their schedule...I have a suspicion that they'll be okay
Seems like I had heard that but forgot all about it. You are correct then, 2A should fit them well this year.

seeya

Danville has some things to fix for sure . The starting Qb was hurt at the beginning of scrimmage and didn't play again . They should get things worked out and probably look a little different next game.

BAMA#16

So ready for this game, Tuesday can't get here fast enough, safe travels to the sand lizard fans.

GBattack

Sharing from Facebook. Dardanelle fans are welcome to join us!!

"Tiger fans tomorrow night is the first game of the season.  Before the game starts please join us for a prayer behind the east end zone in front of the field house.  Please share this post and invite the Dardanelle fans to join us as we pray for our coaches, our student athletes and the community as a whole. A very special tradition that makes a difference."

Scooter2121

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on August 03, 2016, 07:24:47 am
You should stick to one profile Scooter.
I don't need two accounts stupid!!!!But I'm sure the sand gizzards won't go far in the playoffs this year!!!!They should beat Waldron and Subi!!!!!

Gray lizard

Heck after a little pre season information.  I am ready to call another Sandlizard 10-0 regular season.

Sigmund Sauer

August 30, 2016, 10:17:08 am #21 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:20:15 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Gray lizard on August 30, 2016, 09:25:58 am
Heck after a little pre season information.  I am ready to call another Sandlizard 10-0 regular season.
Really? You have me curious. I feel like they may be one of the better conditioned teams in 4A. They had one move in over the summer who may have made an impact. He decided to move back home after only one day of summer workouts and conditioning.

Youknowwhothisis

I dont see a 10-0, a good season yeah but not 10-0, imo

Gray lizard

I just think the 4-4A is going to be way down this year. Dardanelle has several players with real game experience and it will show this season.  I do not look for much of a playoff season depending on match ups.

MouthOfTheSouth215

Yeah about that 10-0 season? Looks like Charleston shut the door on that one early.

HorseFeathers

Can anyone in the 4-4a pass the ball?

WPWells

Good call

lizard1989

Just want to give my support to our boys. They played their hearts out, just came up short. I know from experience how they feel. It is tough to lose after 2 straight undefeated seasons. Keep your head up and show your Lizard pride!!

The Coach

Gray lizard

I knew Dardanelle was down some, but under estimated Charleston.  They can really sling the ball around.  If I hear Flanagan one more time.  I think I will be sick.  That young man can make a difference and did.

WPWells

The Coach

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 31, 2016, 07:57:06 am
And he's just a junior

He's an outstanding player who's very explosive. Not many if any will be able to match up with him.

Gray lizard

Quote from: The Coach on August 31, 2016, 10:07:16 am
He's an outstanding player who's very explosive. Not many if any will be able to match up with him.

Yes I thought they added an 8 in front of the 1 and changed jersey colors on a Dardanelle boy from last year.

BAMA#16

Really impressed with the Lizards will not to give up, and I've never seen that many cramps from CHS kids before. I see more conditioning on this extended week before the trip to Little Rock.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas