• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett Vs Beekman Charter Louisiana (Scrimmage)

Started by Sports Guru, July 22, 2016, 09:40:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

As everyone is mentioning the Season is a month away an approaching very fast. Crossett returns a few player from last year. Don't know much on the QB side. Crossett played Beekman last season in a Scrimmage Benefit game, a game the Eagles won 43-0. Crossett should win by 42 again this year.

green-eagle

this game will give our offense a chance to shine...if they are this season.

I agree, at this point in time, our QB situation is unknown. I know it was hard for anyone to get any playing time behind Hunter the last few years.

Our defense didn't help the situation either; such in the games Crossett won, we could not get any separation to play our younger players. So we have a lot of up and coming Juniors which didn't get hardly any playing time...... 

Sports Guru

green-eagle

I believe we can as well, but dumas and Dewitt are going to be better.

Sports Guru

Who is coming up from Jr high QB wise next year

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: green-eagle on July 26, 2016, 02:50:17 pm
I believe we can as well, but dumas and Dewitt are going to be better.

Dumas may be better, but how do you figure DeWitt is going to be better? They only have 7 starters back from a 2-8 team.

Sports Guru

Crossett has beaten Dumas the past 4 years I really just don't think they beat us this year.

Sports Guru

If we can get our offense clicking week 1 and keep it going we might have a decent year. I wouldn't say we beat Warren this year. But all the other teams are beatable, everyone can be beat. If we play good enough we can win alot of games. Nason should figure it out.

Lumberjackfan1978

Are y'all gonna take care of Hamburg this year

Sports Guru

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 27, 2016, 10:59:43 pm
It's a possibility Eagles can beat Hamburg it'd be nice to end that 6 year losing streak

LJ06

Conference will be down as a whole this season. Crossett has a very good chance of making the playoffs.

Sports Guru

Quote from: LJ06 on July 28, 2016, 06:59:22 am
Conference will be down as a whole this season. Crossett has a very good chance of making the playoffs.
It will be a toss up for who gets 2-5 seed. 2nd would be nice.

Lumberjackfan1978

Sports Guru

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 28, 2016, 10:00:38 pm
I think Crossett will make the playoffs
If Crossett plays well, I might be crazy but I'll pick em to beat Dumas, DeWitt, Monticello, Dollarway and possibly Hamburg and Star City. Jus need to stay away from injuries an play like they want it

Sports Guru

green-eagle

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 26, 2016, 03:21:09 pm
Dumas may be better, but how do you figure DeWitt is going to be better? They only have 7 starters back from a 2-8 team.

They has been showing vast improvement...two years ago Dewitt played Crossett quite well at home, that was then and we are talking about now. Back some two years ago, Dewitt Jr. high team ultitized a tank offensive tank that work quite well, but could not match Crossett speed, but kept Crossett's offense off the field.   

If Crossett don't correct our interior defensive line....we going to have some trouble with Dumas and Dewitt since they run similar offense...

green-eagle

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on July 26, 2016, 03:36:16 pm
Crossett has beaten Dumas the past 4 years I really just don't think they beat us this year.

The two games prior to playing Dumas, Crossett lucked out against Mcgehee and Fordyce. Dumas came in throwing the ball and Crossett's DBs took full advantage of two INT which hurt Dumas. Later in the Game Dumas dropped down to it's running game and Boom! Crossett's defense was exposed. Now, Crossett got two of the best corners in the STATE.....it will be hard to pass on these two guys, but the main question is ....What of the interior Defense line...Linebackers?.....

Sports Guru

Quote from: green-eagle on July 29, 2016, 10:20:10 am
The two games prior to playing Dumas, Crossett lucked out against Mcgehee and Fordyce. Dumas came in throwing the ball and Crossett's DBs took full advantage of two INT which hurt Dumas. Later in the Game Dumas dropped down to it's running game and Boom! Crossett's defense was exposed. Now, Crossett got two of the best corners in the STATE.....it will be hard to pass on these two guys, but the main question is ....What of the interior Defense line...Linebackers?.....
According to articles I been reading we have a veteran defense.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 27, 2016, 10:59:43 pm
Every game counts, but this is the question everyone in Crossett is waiting for an answer about.

EagleForLife12

And I know confidence is key but I really hope this is the last year was scrimmage Beekman (no disrespect to them they are upstarting), I'm not saying go scrimmage El Dorado or anything like that but ya know...get a real look.

Sports Guru

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on July 29, 2016, 02:46:41 pm
And I know confidence is key but I really hope this is the last year was scrimmage Beekman (no disrespect to them they are upstarting), I'm not saying go scrimmage El Dorado or anything like that but ya know...get a real look.
Someone such as Hope or Ashdown maybe or a 3A school.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on July 29, 2016, 06:24:37 pm
Someone such as Hope or Ashdown maybe or a 3A school.
Unless they meet in Magnolia like we used to Hope and Ashdown are too far for a scrimmage I believe. And I Ashdown is not an ideal scrimmage team this year anyway

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

Crossett will also play Drew Central on August 26.

Sports Guru

Crossett Vs Beekman Charter  (Game 1) Crossett Vs Drew Central (Game 2) an Beekman Charter Vs Drew Central (Game 3)

bleudog

August 16, 2016, 07:28:51 pm #25 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:05:33 am by bleudog
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on July 29, 2016, 02:46:41 pm

I was wondering about that.

They haven't been playing long (and good for them for challenging themselves by playing up), but Beekman is a 1A (probably 2A Arkansas equivalent) team that went 0-10 in 2015.  Per Calpreps, Beekman's state-wide ranking was 303 out of 305 with a -60.2 power rating.

http://calpreps.com/2015/ratings/Louisiana_all.htm

Eddie Goodson

Sports Guru

Crossett Maroon&White Scrimmage  has been cancelled.

Eddie Goodson

Coach Nason confirmed to me this morning that the Benefit game will be:

7PM Friday, Aug 26th

Crossett vs Drew Central
Drew Central vs Beekman
Crossett vs Beekman

Games will be 1 15:00 quarter long.
Booster club selling burgers.
80% of proceeds of gate go to AAA by rule.

Sports Guru

August 18, 2016, 01:01:57 pm #29 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:39:43 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 18, 2016, 12:14:50 pm

7PM Friday, Aug 26th

Crossett vs Drew Central
Drew Central vs Beekman
Crossett vs Beekman

This a 5$ game right?

Eddie Goodson

LJ06

7PM Friday, Aug 26th

Crossett vs Drew Central
Drew Central vs Beekman
Crossett vs Beekman

80%?? Yikes

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on August 18, 2016, 07:11:53 pm
80%?? Yikes
Yep 80%... AAA requirement. It goes to the catastrophic insurance fund.

LJ06

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 18, 2016, 07:14:38 pm
Yep 80%... AAA requirement. It goes to the catastrophic insurance fund.

Well I knew it was a benefit game and all, just never realized it was that high.

Proud Buckaroo

7PM Friday, Aug 26th

Crossett vs Drew Central
Drew Central vs Beekman
Crossett vs Beekman

WOW. 80%? That's insane. Schools who do benefit games basically LOSE money.

Skip

I never knew that... AAA is pimping the system

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Skip on August 19, 2016, 03:11:53 am
I never knew that... AAA is pimping the system

AAA: "Hey, why don't you guys play a scrimmage game and give almost all of the money?"

Schools: "Duh, ok..."

The schools get so little out of it I wouldn't even do it anymore.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 17, 2016, 05:40:37 pm
Can't play who won't play you.
Right. We're going to have to start kicking the door down on some people to get a devent scrimmage game in the future

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 19, 2016, 11:06:04 am
Right. We're going to have to start kicking the door down on some people to get a devent scrimmage game in the future
NO, he is looking to our south potentially in the future.

The real point is why worry about a strong scrimmage opponent? As long as the Arkansas playoff system remains as it is, the first three games ARE scrimmage games. They only count on your record. They do not affect your playoff chances. The coaches who take teams deep in the playoffs understand that those first three games serve no purpose other than to prepare for the conference season. The benefit game does not make you any money because the AAA gets it all, so having another gate is not a reason to  go all out. The big thing these days is limiting the number of hits on your skill players. Playing an 11th game doesn't help that either.

So, I am good with Beekman and Drew Central. Magnolia is our first scrimmage game, followed by White Hall and McGhee, and Warren in week 4 is game number one of the real season.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 19, 2016, 05:26:28 pm
NO, he is looking to our south potentially in the future.

The real point is why worry about a strong scrimmage opponent? As long as the Arkansas playoff system remains as it is, the first three games ARE scrimmage games. They only count on your record. They do not affect your playoff chances. The coaches who take teams deep in the playoffs understand that those first three games serve no purpose other than to prepare for the conference season. The benefit game does not make you any money because the AAA gets it all, so having another gate is not a reason to  go all out. The big thing these days is limiting the number of hits on your skill players. Playing an 11th game doesn't help that either.

So, I am good with Beekman and Drew Central. Magnolia is our first scrimmage game, followed by White Hall and McGhee, and Warren in week 4 is game number one of the real season.
Well I hope that everyone understands the real season doesn't start until week 4 I'm not denying that , that's all that matters. Any kinks should be worked out by then. I'm also wondering how long will WH be back in the schedule or is this just a 2 year thing

Sports Guru

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 21, 2016, 12:11:18 am
Well I hope that everyone understands the real season doesn't start until week 4 I'm not denying that , that's all that matters. Any kinks should be worked out by then. I'm also wondering how long will WH be back in the schedule or is this just a 2 year thing
It may be a 2 year contract

Lumberjackfan1978

Well for me every game is important, and it starts with the unconference season,I want to win every game we play and I know most years with our tough unconference season that's hard to do but the season starts there

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on August 21, 2016, 12:30:45 am
It may be a 2 year contract
There is never any guarantee of a team wanting to keep playing. Who knows if any of those three are on the schedule in two years.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 21, 2016, 12:59:20 am
Well for me every game is important, and it starts with the unconference season,I want to win every game we play and I know most years with our tough unconference season that's hard to do but the season starts there
+1 conference matters but at the end of the day  no one can say they don't care about any game at all. All Games Matter lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 23, 2016, 03:43:15 am
+1 conference matters but at the end of the day  no one can say they don't care about any game at all. All Games Matter lol
+1

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 21, 2016, 12:59:20 am
My point is that you treat the actual scrimmage game much like a glorified practice because you have three more weeks to fine tune your team.

Lion QB

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on July 28, 2016, 05:22:52 am
It's a possibility Eagles can beat Hamburg it'd be nice to end that 6 year losing streak
I will be surprised if Hamburg beats Crossett this year from what I seen vs Magnolia last night. We have a good defense it seems and offense looked pretty bad. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Lion QB on August 24, 2016, 04:13:13 pm
I will be surprised if Hamburg beats Crossett this year from what I seen vs Magnolia last night. We have a good defense it seems and offense looked pretty bad.
Graduation was not kind to the Lions. Lots of holes to fill but week 8 is a long time away.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 24, 2016, 05:34:41 pm
Graduation was not kind to the Lions. Lots of holes to fill but week 8 is a long time away.
Offensively graduation wasn't kind to either 1 of us.

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas