• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Little rock Christian Academy at War Memorial Stadium

Started by AirWarren, July 22, 2016, 02:55:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2016, 06:47:59 am
Offensively I believe we will be fine. I suspect the offensive and defensive line will get better. First game of the year so it was suspected to be rough.

Defensively. Whew. Got a ways to go. Very undersized linebackers. The best player on defense last night was #2. No question. He was in on every play, laid some good hits, and had a pick. The defensive line is big but I saw a lot of giving up mid play. I'm sure fatigue and that humidity played a role in that. Should improve because the linebackers are going to have to step up eventually.

As far as 9, 15, and 13 playing defense in the future. Have no problem with it. You got to have your best players on the field at times. Not sure I would do it in non conference much, but I bet at least 15 will be in the game at safety. Especially in the playoffs.

Got to credit LRCA's skill kids. #5 was a stud, 11, 18, and 21 all made plays. Was highly impressed with 5. The running back also was a solid player. Honestly, I think LRCA is better than people thought on offense. Their defense was porous like ours.
You nailed it. Talked to Bo last week. He won't play those kids both ways in non conference games. It is smart for 2 reasons. Not risking injury and getting other kids reps on games that really don't matter.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 31, 2016, 08:49:20 am
Maybe LRCA was just better than advertised... its not like they didn't have any size or athletes... lets pump the brakes a little bit... Not really an easy offense to prepare for.. A punt and a fumble kept this from being a 21 point win.

I'm down with that.

However, I don't want to be one of those "excuse machines" haha

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on August 31, 2016, 08:51:37 am
You nailed it. Talked to Bo last week. He won't play those kids both ways in non conference games. It is smart for 2 reasons. Not risking injury and getting other kids reps on games that really don't matter.

You can bet, deep in the playoffs #5, #15, #13, and #9 will be in the game both ways.

These younger kids need to learn. Never know when someone will go down with injury. These non conference games are fun and all. But what matters is when conference play starts.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on August 31, 2016, 08:49:20 am
Maybe LRCA was just better than advertised... its not like they didn't have any size or athletes... lets pump the brakes a little bit... Not really an easy offense to prepare for.. A punt and a fumble kept this from being a 21 point win.

That works both ways though. LRC fumbled a kickoff and ran out of time in the 2nd qtr at the 2 yard line. One more play and they would've scored.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2016, 08:52:11 am
I'm down with that.

However, I don't want to be one of those "excuse machines" haha

For sure... and im sure depth and the heat had a little bit to do with it... you could tell by looking at Daniels and our d line that they were worn out!!

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Warren looked gassed. You could tell LRCA had a little bit better condition and more rotating fresh legs.

Nevertheless, it is August haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 31, 2016, 09:02:48 am
Schedule says at Robinson.

Watch Warren and Stuttgart.
Or
Go watch Robinson and keep up with Warren game on phone then watch later....hmm. Haha

LRCA2018

Agree completely that it works both ways.  Warren had two miscues, LRCA had 5 critical plays:

Fumbled kickoff and then Warren immediately scoring in 1H (a back breaker)
Not punching it in from inside 5 on last play of 1H
Interception at goal line when driving in third quarter
Intercepting Warren in end zone and then fumbling it back to them
Not stopping Warren late on 4th and 17

Turn those five into the two Warren mistakes and LRCA wins the game.  Moving the ball at will against that defense all night.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on August 31, 2016, 08:27:32 am
Early question I have to ask is does Robinson and CAC beat LRC as bad as the opponents they played?

Watched CAC play. No I don't think they would have. They did look good, but they were playing a bad 3A Mayflower team. Robinson looks very legit however.

AirWarren

Quote from: LRCA2018 on August 31, 2016, 09:38:28 am
Agree completely that it works both ways.  Warren had two miscues, LRCA had 5 critical plays:

Fumbled kickoff and then Warren immediately scoring in 1H (a back breaker)
Not punching it in from inside 5 on last play of 1H
Interception at goal line when driving in third quarter
Intercepting Warren in end zone and then fumbling it back to them
Not stopping Warren late on 4th and 17

Turn those five into the two Warren mistakes and LRCA wins the game.  Moving the ball at will against that defense all night.

Not so fast.

Warren doesn't make those two mistakes and warren wins by 21. The interception Warren threw was inside the LRCA 10. And the punt was for our possession and it hit our guy in the back. While we couldn't stop y'all, the 55 points on the board shows that you couldn't stop us either. Without those two miscues, Warren puts 69 on the Warriors.

cuckoobird

cuckoobird

Romeo

7AFBFAN

Rich has Warren at number 8 overall in the state. Those who saw the game is LRCA that good this year. I was talking to a LRCA dad at a baseball tournament this year and he didn't expect them to be very good. Definitely not able to hang anywhere close with number 8 in the state.

LJ06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2016, 12:56:13 pm
Rich has Warren at number 8 overall in the state. Those who saw the game is LRCA that good this year. I was talking to a LRCA dad at a baseball tournament this year and he didn't expect them to be very good. Definitely not able to hang anywhere close with number 8 in the state.

LRC is better than people thought they would be and Warren is simply not as good at this point as expected, at least not defensively.  Warren is not the 8th best team in the state.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: LJ06 on August 31, 2016, 01:15:56 pm
LRC is better than people thought they would be and Warren is simply not as good at this point as expected, at least not defensively.  Warren is not the 8th best team in the state.

It sounds like Warren still has some youngsters. I bet they pick it up quickly and with improvement on defense will be there at the end. For the record I understand why they would be number 8. Them or Nashville have a good chance at running the table this year. Much better chance than most every team in the state.  An undefeated season in 4A deserves a good ranking.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2016, 12:56:13 pm
Is that the same power ranking that has Genoa ahead of Mcgehee and Pokie ahead of Jonesboro?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Oldman on August 31, 2016, 01:27:23 pm
Is that the same power ranking that has Genoa ahead of Mcgehee and Pokie ahead of Jonesboro?

I think Jonesboro and Warren would be fun to watch. Both teams might break 100.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on August 31, 2016, 01:27:23 pm

Yep. His polls are always a little screwy. But hey, he has a "system" so it's ok.  :D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2016, 09:03:27 am
Warren looked gassed. You could tell LRCA had a little bit better condition and more rotating fresh legs.

Nevertheless, it is August haha.
one word windsprints

GuvHog

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 31, 2016, 02:00:11 pm
one word windsprints

Two more words: More Depth.

If a 4A team plays a number of players both ways against a 5A team that does that very little, that 4A team will be seriously gassed as the game goes on and give up a lot of points.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on August 31, 2016, 02:58:04 pm
Two more words: More Depth.

If a 4A team plays a number of players both ways against a 5A team that does that very little, that 4A team will be seriously gassed as the game goes on and give up a lot of points.

A Watson chapel fan talking about ways to win the "big one." How rich.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2016, 03:00:09 pm
A Watson chapel fan talking about ways to win the "big one." How rich.

I can talk because we DID win it..........in 1996.   ::)

20 years ago....oh well, one can hope can't they??

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on August 31, 2016, 03:03:57 pm

Haha. Some would love to be able to claim one period.

Romeo

Quote from: GuvHog on August 31, 2016, 03:03:57 pm

Man, that was the team though. I remember that 96 team when they played Warren. They were loaded with talent. Ron Johnson, the late Bobby Jett, Kevin Compton, Dante Wesley. That was one of the fastest defenses I've ever seen.

scrapman

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2016, 08:54:30 am
You can bet, deep in the playoffs #5, #15, #13, and #9 will be in the game both ways.

These younger kids need to learn. Never know when someone will go down with injury. These non conference games are fun and all. But what matters is when conference play starts.
This is good "coach talk".  His starting qb was playing safety last night. Have him get hurt and see where you are. Probably harder on the team to lose him than one of those others.

dc24

I was able to make it to the game last night.  As seems to be the consensus, offense looked great, defense looked poor.

It's been stated before, but I feel the need to reiterate it, Little Rock Christian was better than I think anyone thought they'd be. They had some size at the skill positions and that gave us some problems. Their QB was pretty good too.  They had some playmakers. I don't want to speculate how they will do the rest of the year, but they looked good last night. Some of that may have been because of us, but I don't want to take anything away from them.

We just have some small kids at the skill positions, especially on defense, and at linebacker. There will be times throughout the year where teams will bully us at times and we will just have to deal with it.  Our kids aren't bad players, but will have some trouble against some teams with some size. Of course, we should be quicker than a lot of teams we play so hopefully that will play into our favor at times.  We will also have to probably play some more kids both way than we want to.

Overall though, we beat a 5A school and the game was comfortable for the most part. We never pulled away, but you also never felt like LRC was going to win. At least that's how it felt to me. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week.

GuvHog

Quote from: dc24 on September 01, 2016, 12:09:47 am
I was able to make it to the game last night.  As seems to be the consensus, offense looked great, defense looked poor.

It's been stated before, but I feel the need to reiterate it, Little Rock Christian was better than I think anyone thought they'd be. They had some size at the skill positions and that gave us some problems. Their QB was pretty good too.  They had some playmakers. I don't want to speculate how they will do the rest of the year, but they looked good last night. Some of that may have been because of us, but I don't want to take anything away from them.

We just have some small kids at the skill positions, especially on defense, and at linebacker. There will be times throughout the year where teams will bully us at times and we will just have to deal with it.  Our kids aren't bad players, but will have some trouble against some teams with some size. Of course, we should be quicker than a lot of teams we play so hopefully that will play into our favor at times.  We will also have to probably play some more kids both way than we want to.

Overall though, we beat a 5A school and the game was comfortable for the most part. We never pulled away, but you also never felt like LRC was going to win. At least that's how it felt to me. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week.

I doubt the Lumberjacks will have much trouble with the Rice Birds. WC the next week however, will be a different story.

cuckoobird

I bet the game is closer next week than warrens 3rd game of the year will be

dc24

I don't think we can afford to look past anyone at the moment. I know Stuttgart should be better this year and you can't always just assume a win against a larger school like Watson Chapel.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas