• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A 2016

Started by the green moose, March 26, 2016, 03:48:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the green moose

The Moose knows this is a bit early, but the Moose is just pumped to be back in the 4-4A. So the Moose wants to know what are the teams bringing to the conference table this year. Dardenelle and Booneville will be the top contenders of course. What talent do they have coming back? Who will be the play makers? This goes to all 4-4A team's! Let's get some conversation going!

NorthArkFball

Pulaski Robison has the most athletic players this year defiantly in the 4-4a if not the whole 4a but I don't know if they can beat Dardy this year and their playoff run is usually mediocre for the amount of talent. Then Pottsville lost a lot of talent but should still play for a playoff spot and ozark will prolly make it to. Dover is a wild card.

hawgfan15

Quote from: NorthArkFball on March 27, 2016, 09:07:40 am
Pulaski Robison has the most athletic players this year defiantly in the 4-4a if not the whole 4a but I don't know if they can beat Dardy this year and their playoff run is usually mediocre for the amount of talent. Then Pottsville lost a lot of talent but should still play for a playoff spot and ozark will prolly make it to. Dover is a wild card.

Robinson has moved to 7-4A. As for the 4-4A it should be a down year. Dardanelle and Pottsville lost a lot.

the green moose

Yea, this conference lost Robinson and Baptist prep, and gained West Fork and Booneville.

Football is Life

Also lost Clinton & added Waldron

Mr. Mercer

Robinson would of won the conference had they not moved. Now that they're gone there's not a true front runner. Dardy and Pottsville lost a lot but it will be between them.

LJ06

4-4A will be losing a lot of "star power" from last season. They won't be quite the force they have been the past several years. Nevertheless, still a conference that can't be taken lightly.

Gray lizard

I look for Pottsville to be on the up swing over the next few years.

Dardanelle will be in pretty good shape even with the large number of players gone from last season. Heck this group of seniors have only lost 2 games.

I also see Waldron breaking a 500 season in the next two years.

OLDSCHOOL82

Booneville will be solid, but very young across the board.  Will take some lumps and hopefully hand some out as well. 

LJ06

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on March 31, 2016, 09:09:14 pm
Booneville will be solid, but very young across the board.  Will take some lumps and hopefully hand some out as well. 

Good to see you back on the 4A board.

Gray lizard

June 30, 2016, 08:02:35 am #10 Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:49:39 am by Gray lizard
Getting closer.  Coaching change at Dardanelle.  I know very little about what each team has to offer.  With the information I have right now.  I think Pottsville has a good chance to win the 4-4A.  What is the news from around the 4-4A?

jazdill

This is a tough conf to pick this season. I think you have to pick Dardnelle because of their success last few years. Winning breeds winning. Booneville will be right in the mix tho. Because of the star power in the skilled positions Dardnelles o and d line are the most overlooked parts of their game the last few years. From what little I have seen at team camps and such they are once again very solid up front. Whatever the coaching staff has figured out seems to be allowing them to just reload in the trenches. Booneville should have some decent skill players.  Pottsville seems to be a little week in the skill player department. Dover seems to have the best skill players in the conf. Should be some good football to watch in this conf. Lots of good ol running the football.

the green moose

Just a fair warning, when West Fork moved up to the 4-4A from the 3A in 2008 they were picked to finish last in conference. They ended up going undefeated in conference that year. Don't sleep on West Fork, their always full of surprises  ;D ;D ;D

x14113

It has become apparent that the Boys from Benton are unaware of what goes on at FF.

From their write-up on Ozark:

QuoteJunior Brandon Sheffield...impressed in junior varsity games last fall...

TFW the mag memes without realizing it...

apache_alum_90

I agree with moose west fork shouldn't be taken lightly. It's gonna be exciting seeing how it all pans out.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: the green moose on July 01, 2016, 03:52:19 pm
Just a fair warning, when West Fork moved up to the 4-4A from the 3A in 2008 they were picked to finish last in conference. They ended up going undefeated in conference that year. Don't sleep on West Fork, their always full of surprises  ;D ;D ;D
West Fork lost to Gentry, Berryville, and Prairie Grove last year. All 4a teams. No disrespect to Berryville but they might be the worst 4a team in the state

WPWells

Quote from: x14113 on July 01, 2016, 03:59:08 pm
It has become apparent that the Boys from Benton are unaware of what goes on at FF.

From their write-up on Ozark:

TFW the mag memes without realizing it...

Uh oh...did Ozark varsity steal a player from Ozark JV?

the green moose

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 01, 2016, 10:02:33 pm
West Fork lost to Gentry, Berryville, and Prairie Grove last year. All 4a teams. No disrespect to Berryville but they might be the worst 4a team in the state
Mmhmm, and in 2007 West Fork went 3-6-1 in the 3A then moved up to the 4-4A the next year and went undefeated in conference. The Moose isnt saying West Fork will go undefeated this year, just dont take them lightly.

Tigerdad2

Looking at the schedule WF will start out 4-1 then after that, they will have trouble finding a win, so a 4-6 season.

the green moose

The Moose hopes all opponents think this of West Fork, West Fork always plays better as the underdog. Like a few years ago West Fork was picked not to win a conference game but things didn't turn out that way. Have you noticed a few of the old timers from Booneville or Dardenelle arent agreeing with you? West Fork isn't a team you should take lightly, they'll compete this year.

Tigerdad2

I think the Hooten's coaches poll is accurate with  West Fork  picked 6th out of 8 teams.

beach bum

Quote from: the green moose on July 01, 2016, 11:16:49 pm
Mmhmm, and in 2007 West Fork went 3-6-1 in the 3A then moved up to the 4-4A the next year and went undefeated in conference. The Moose isnt saying West Fork will go undefeated this year, just dont take them lightly.

West Fork is losing a ton of talent and had no talent to speak of in the junior high ranks last year. If West Fork stays in 4A for a while it doesn't look as promising for them.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on July 05, 2016, 03:49:20 pm
West Fork is losing a ton of talent and had no talent to speak of in the junior high ranks last year. If West Fork stays in 4A for a while it doesn't look as promising for them.

Not to mention the fact the that 1-4A as a whole is light years ahead of where it was 10 years ago.

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 05, 2016, 03:57:18 pm
Not to mention the fact the that 1-4A as a whole is light years ahead of where it was 10 years ago.

Most certainly... poor Berryville looks like it is moving to 5A next cycle after this 2 year period as well as Huntsville possibly. Those are two bad 1-4A teams and West Fork will plug one of those two spots in the 1-4A for the near future as opposed to making the trip to the 4-4A teams.

Hog-fan

Subiaco won't be a contender, however they should be a bit more competitive this season.  They are expecting several Seniors to contribute that have been out of the program for the past couple of seasons.  At RB, Peter Sayre (4.6 speed) will help keep the defense honest and Zach Franz (6'1'', 190) returns to football and will lead them at QB and the move to the spread offense.  Franz is a two-time all-conf baseball player and plays basketball for the Trojans as well.  He'll handle the kicking duties too...Probably the best all around athlete at the school.  Deacon Hardwicke (5'10", 190) and Steven Schluterman (6'1", 210) will anchor the line and should provide some defense also.

It might not always be pretty, but they should compete.

beach bum

Quote from: Hog-fan on July 05, 2016, 07:06:05 pm
Subiaco won't be a contender, however they should be a bit more competitive this season.  They are expecting several Seniors to contribute that have been out of the program for the past couple of seasons.  At RB, Peter Sayre (4.6 speed) will help keep the defense honest and Zach Franz (6'1'', 190) returns to football and will lead them at QB and the move to the spread offense.  Franz is a two-time all-conf baseball player and plays basketball for the Trojans as well.  He'll handle the kicking duties too...Probably the best all around athlete at the school.  Deacon Hardwicke (5'10", 190) and Steven Schluterman (6'1", 210) will anchor the line and should provide some defense also.

It might not always be pretty, but they should compete.

Welcome to fearless, if you are a Subiaco poster it is nice to see one on here talking football. We don't hear them much!

Lacerta agilis

July 06, 2016, 07:50:24 am #26 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:01:32 pm by Lacerta agilis
There are a lot of unknowns about every team in the conference this year. There are several week 1 matchups that are very interesting. I hope July goes by fast.

Hog-fan

Quote from: beach bum on July 05, 2016, 07:07:03 pm
Welcome to fearless, if you are a Subiaco poster it is nice to see one on here talking football. We don't hear them much!

Thanks! It's tough for Subi to compete sports-wise.  They do get a few good athletes that come through the school, but rare to have enough of them at one time to field a competitive team.  Most of the kids are still learning about each other and don't have the leisure of having played together for a number of years.  And some haven't played a team sport at all.  Some years there may be more local students making up the team and this helps with team chemistry, while other years the team is made up of kids from all over the country and international kids too.  I'm sure it makes it tough to coach, especially having different kids coming through the program from year to year.

Gray lizard

I think Pottsville will win 8+ games this year.  After looking things over the 4-4a could be way down this year. A new team could come in and get on a roll.  Bonneville would be my first thought.

Gray lizard

Ok I think Pottsville will go 10 and 0 for regular season.  I can't get anyone fired up.  Must still be to early.

the green moose

Everyone is in hibernation Gray Lizard!!

beach bum

Tier one: Dardanelle, Pottsville, and Booneville
Tier Two: Ozark & Dover
Tier Three: West Fork, Subiaco, and Waldron

I would say those top three teams are virtual locks for the playoffs. Those tier two teams could swing either up a spot or out of the playoffs all together. Those bottom three could just as easily slide into the 4 or 5 seed as well because this conference won't be nearly as strong as previous years if it plays out like we anticipate. 

Legend

Been awhile since I've posted. What does Ozark have coming back this year

x14113

By all measures, the best player Ozark has this year is lineman Hunter Jackson, with a pair of D-II offers to his name as of this post. We missed him terribly after he got injured at Pottsville last year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Well hello... first time caller, long time listener!  What's the word dirty bird?  Booneville is looking talented.  We will be starting several underclassmen.  Should be a talented competitive team that gets stronger as the young lads figure it out!

Gray lizard

After getting to watch Pottsville and Clinton last night.  I am going to back up a little on Pottsville.  They need a lot of improvement.  To sum it up.  Not much size or speed.  They were not able to execute their running game and this is a must for Pottsville to have success.  Passing looked pretty good, but we all know this is not their game plan. Their defense did not look any better.  They gave up to many rushing yards with several 10 to 15 gains. 
I hope #17 from Clinton is ok.  He was ripping off big gains until he went out with an injury.  Unless there is a great improvement.  I am afraid we could be looking at a 500 season.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 15, 2016, 02:03:32 pm
Well hello... first time caller, long time listener!  What's the word dirty bird?  Booneville is looking talented.  We will be starting several underclassmen.  Should be a talented competitive team that gets stronger as the young lads figure it out!

How many from that sophomore class will be starting?  My bold prediction is that Booneville will win state either next year or the year after.

OLDSCHOOL82

Early, probably 6 sophomores on o and 6 on d.  That's a bold prediction and I would love for it to come true. Hope the progress well in both size, strength, and maturity.

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 24, 2016, 01:58:44 pm
How many from that sophomore class will be starting?  My bold prediction is that Booneville will win state either next year or the year after.
Afte what this class ha accomplished in the past, i can see that happening,

goldwatch2

This is definitely a learning year for Pottsville. The only thing I don't agree with is the speed. They have two sophomores who can run with anyone in the conference. One busted a 70 yard TD and the other a 45-50ish yard TD. They also both bench 285+. Hopefully more speed will show up once the o-line gets in a groove. It's just a learning year. 2 sophomores starting on the o-line and one in the backfield. Hopeful for the rest of the year and future!
Quote from: Gray lizard on August 24, 2016, 07:53:53 am
After getting to watch Pottsville and Clinton last night.  I am going to back up a little on Pottsville.  They need a lot of improvement.  To sum it up.  Not much size or speed.  They were not able to execute their running game and this is a must for Pottsville to have success.  Passing looked pretty good, but we all know this is not their game plan. Their defense did not look any better.  They gave up to many rushing yards with several 10 to 15 gains. 
I hope #17 from Clinton is ok.  He was ripping off big gains until he went out with an injury.  Unless there is a great improvement.  I am afraid we could be looking at a 500 season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas