• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens Classic Kickoff August

Started by Sports Guru, March 16, 2016, 08:36:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

zebrafan

I wonder if the other game is WC vs Dollarway?

Ventman

Jack1990

Quote from: zebrafan on March 16, 2016, 11:58:44 pm
I wonder if the other game is WC vs Dollarway?

Good question zebrafan...everything I'm finding still shows these teams facing off on Friday the 2nd.

zebrafan

Quote from: Jack1990 on May 17, 2016, 12:17:07 pm
Good question zebrafan...everything I'm finding still shows these teams facing off on Friday the 2nd.
There would be a nice crowd for that one.

BigLion10

Think the other game is Sheridan vs McCrory from what I heard

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 17, 2016, 03:20:07 pm

6A vs. 2A? Wow.

BigLion10

Guarantee you one thing is the purple lions will win the Hamburg vs England matchup

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 17, 2016, 03:23:38 pm
Guarantee you one thing is the purple lions will win the Hamburg vs England matchup

No, I think the Purple Lions will lose...

green-eagle

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 17, 2016, 03:20:07 pm

why? what does Sheridan have to gain by playing a 2A McCrory?

beach bum

Quote from: green-eagle on May 25, 2016, 04:57:36 pm

At least they didn't choose to play them last year....

tmycjy

Here my pick for the kick off classic

England vs Nashville

Pine Bluff vs Pulaski Academy

McCory vs Harding Academy

Blytheville vs prairie grove

Batesville vs LR Christian

Warren vs Rivercrest

mr.gametime

I think the bigger question is...why McCrory a 2A school would play against a 6A school...yes McCrory just won state in class 2A ..but they lost pretty much everyone who was a major impact player on offense and defense..i think it was 15 seniors they lost..this game could get ugly quick

BigLion10

Quote from: tmycjy on May 25, 2016, 08:56:45 pm

England vs Nashville

Warren vs Rivercrest
some great games right there wish they were playing those

~WPS~

Nashville will never participate in a kickoff game.

beach bum

I am surprised Prairie Grove vs. Farmington has not ever been one of the Kickoff games....

GuvHog

Quote from: tmycjy on May 25, 2016, 08:56:45 pm

England vs Nashville

Warren vs Rivercrest

Last year that PB - Pulaski Academy game would have been a really good one to watch. I'm not so sure it would be as good this year.

WPWells

Some of those make absolutely no geographic sense (Prairie Grove vs. Blytheville? Really?)

tmycjy

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 26, 2016, 10:12:44 pm
Some of those make absolutely no geographic sense (Prairie Grove vs. Blytheville? Really?)

Hey your right but the idea here was to get best of best teams to play each other that may never get to play each other that the idea of kickoff classic

WPWells

Quote from: tmycjy on May 26, 2016, 11:43:35 pm

Hey your right but the idea here was to get best of best teams to play each other that may never get to play each other that the idea of kickoff classic

These aren't the best of the best either

tmycjy

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 27, 2016, 06:33:58 am
These aren't the best of the best either

Well your right but u need some up and coming team also

WonderWartHawg

I don't know exactly how these matchups are arranged, but I doubt Sheridan called up the Hootens and asked if they could play a 2A team.

I do know that if the Hooten's called Sheridan and asked them if they wanted to play a preseason game, it would be hard to turn down as a coach, regardless of opponent. It's like an extra scrimmage game to get your players ready for the real season.

SUGARTOWN

1037TheBuzz Kickoff Classic, Monday, Aug. 29 games: Lakeside vs. Robinson, 5 p.m.; Baptist Prep vs. McGehee, 7:30 p.m

mr.gametime

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 08, 2016, 10:22:41 pm
I haven't seen it anywhere yet

Usually releases near the end of June in Benton. I hear that's where the home office is.

Lumberjackfan1978

I'll be ready to look at it, I'm ready for football weekends

bulldoghistorian

The season will be here before we know it!

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: beach bum on May 25, 2016, 10:44:03 pm
I am surprised Prairie Grove vs. Farmington has not ever been one of the Kickoff games....

i was thinking the same thing... seems like a natural fit

bulldoghistorian

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 21, 2016, 12:11:36 pm
Is the magazine already out?

In some places yes. I can't get one here in LR until probably Wednesday.

AirWarren

If you're in the benton area, you can find one. Not available yet at the Kroger in Maumelle.

BigLion10

GuvHog

apache_alum_90

BigLion10

Bigditchlion

It would be sweet to win against a 4a powerhouse like Hamburg. They will come to play for sure! I for one just hope England stays healthy, Hamburg looks to be tough!!!!

LJ06

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 11, 2016, 08:03:37 pm
It would be sweet to win against a 4a powerhouse like Hamburg. They will come to play for sure! I for one just hope England stays healthy, Hamburg looks to be tough!!!!

Um...what?

Bigditchlion

Weren't they 6-1 in conference last year and 9-3 on the year? That's the mark of a very good team. Other than highlights & stats I know very little about Hamburg. Please educate us 2a people about them?

Jimbo Morphis

LJ06

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 11, 2016, 08:40:18 pm
Weren't they 6-1 in conference last year and 9-3 on the year? That's the mark of a very good team. Other than highlights & stats I know very little about Hamburg. Please educate us 2a people about them?

Typically good defense, along with running game. Usually pretty mediocre in the passing game though.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on July 13, 2016, 09:13:58 am
Typically good defense, along with running game. Usually pretty mediocre in the passing game though.

And a solid ball club until they get hit a few good times by the boys in orange and black.

My favorite meltdown was "I don't understand how we dominate warren in pee wee and jr high but get our butts handed to us in high school."

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on July 13, 2016, 10:00:23 am
And a solid ball club until they get hit a few good times by the boys in orange and black.

My favorite meltdown was "I don't understand how we dominate warren in pee wee and jr high but get our butts handed to us in high school."

One of the most hilarious quotes Ive read on FF. The week after the Hamburg game last year was borderline erotic.

AirWarren

It was indeed. Borderline Erotic after the garbage trash talk everyone endured. Then they went softly into the night.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on July 13, 2016, 11:27:24 am
It was indeed. Borderline Erotic after the garbage trash talk everyone endured. Then they went softly into the night.
Yes indeed...several even started vanishing around halftime!

SUGARTOWN

Hamburg is a team that beats the teams they should but can't beat a really good team to get over the hump and become a top team.

Bigditchlion

England is a very balanced team, pretty stingy on defense. Just wonder if their numbers will have a big impact on england. Im sure they aren't too worried about lil ole england though.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 13, 2016, 12:59:56 pm
England is a very balanced team, pretty stingy on defense. Just wonder if their numbers will have a big impact on england. Im sure they aren't too worried about lil ole england though.
Hamburg's depth will be a huge difference in august. Now back to Warren being better than Hamburg.

Jack1990

Quote from: Oldman on July 13, 2016, 01:08:47 pm
Hamburg's depth will be a huge difference in august. Now back to Warren being better than Hamburg.

Everyone in my office just wondered why I busted out laughing and almost spit out my diet coke!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jack1990 on July 13, 2016, 01:27:30 pm
Everyone in my office just wondered why I busted out laughing and almost spit out my diet coke!
If I drank diet coke I would spit it out too...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas