• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Volleyball

Started by Valleysports, August 04, 2008, 05:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

August 04, 2008, 05:06:50 pm Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:55:48 am by Valleysports
Quote from: oliverhogman on August 04, 2008, 03:13:35 pm
When does volleyball season start?  I hear we are going to be pretty good at that sport also.  Know a couple of girls that can play.

For the Shiloh opponents keep your eye on Hannah West.
(ANOTHER Sophomore)

Quote from: Jacques Grande on August 04, 2008, 04:53:26 pm
.....joke

Someone posted this link to a write-up about 4 Siloam Springs Comp Players.  These girls are in season all year long!  Most HS Teams started up this week, I believe.

http://www.nwanews.com/hl/Sports/25084

Mena, West Side, & VV, fans are pretty optimistic also.

Valleysports

My bad, I meant Siloam Springs!  Where is Shiloh and what Conference?  I had looked back over some of your post and was trying to figure out "we are going to be pretty good in that sport also".  Are "you" Siloam Springs, Shiloh, & who does Hannah West play for?

dime back

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2008, 05:06:50 pm
Quote from: oliverhogman on August 04, 2008, 03:13:35 pm
When does volleyball season start?  I hear we are going to be pretty good at that sport also.  Know a couple of girls that can play.

For the Shiloh opponents keep your eye on Hannah West.
(ANOTHER Sophomore)

Quote from: Jacques Grande on August 04, 2008, 04:53:26 pm
.....joke

Someone posted this link to a write-up about 4 Siloam Springs Comp Players.  These girls are in season all year long!  Most HS Teams started up this week, I believe.

http://www.nwanews.com/hl/Sports/25084

Mena, West Side, & VV, fans are pretty optimistic also.
In 4A Westside and Valley View could be down and they will still play in the state finals. There is noone in 4A in the state near them. Even with Fielder gone I have to go with Westside this year.

TRYnKEEPup

our girls are looking pretty good. i mean i'm sure there not as good as vv or westside seeing we've been killd by them the past few years. but everyone has lost people, and we have new coaches so we might have more of a chance this year.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: TRYnKEEPup on September 07, 2008, 01:50:50 pm
our girls are looking pretty good. i mean i'm sure there not as good as vv or westside seeing we've been killd by them the past few years. but everyone has lost people, and we have new coaches so we might have more of a chance this year.

It's not widely known who you are referring too.

TRYnKEEPup

sorry. haha i forgot. Pocahontas

volleyballhead

Just thought I would mention that Mena looked really good this weekend in the Semifinal of their tournament against Siloam Springs.  I think they led both games to 18 before stumbling in the end.  They will be a team that will be around late this year.

speedster

For sure mena is going to make a deep run... the only thing that might set them short of full success is they are very predictable.  I think thats really what got them beat in the tournament.  That and siloam springs has some great players.  They need to use everybody on the floor instead of evolving around one or two players.  Siloam Springs had some good talent but they used it best whenever they all pitched in.  I think most people from Mena know what I'm talking bout.  But regardless Mena is a great team. 

menafbplayer

Quote from: speedster on September 11, 2008, 08:38:32 am
For sure mena is going to make a deep run... the only thing that might set them short of full success is they are very predictable.  I think thats really what got them beat in the tournament.  That and siloam springs has some great players.  They need to use everybody on the floor instead of evolving around one or two players.  Siloam Springs had some good talent but they used it best whenever they all pitched in.  I think most people from Mena know what I'm talking bout.  But regardless Mena is a great team. 
this is very true....two or 3 of them cant winn on there own....but i think mena has a great chance on winning it all this year

JacketPride17

who is west fork? are they a threat to clinton or not?

s-dalebulldogs86

Yes they are a threat, like I said in the other thread. I don't get to go to state but my daughter is #10, and not to sound like I'm braggin but she is the only sophomore starter on the team. She tore the ligaments in her ankle at district but she is going to try to play tommorrow, say hi for me LOL...

JacketPride17

Quote from: s-dalebulldogs86 on October 27, 2008, 04:51:58 pm
Yes they are a threat, like I said in the other thread. I don't get to go to state but my daughter is #10, and not to sound like I'm braggin but she is the only sophomore starter on the team. She tore the ligaments in her ankle at district but she is going to try to play tommorrow, say hi for me LOL...

i didnt go but i heard y'all won.. congratz  and congratz again ur daughter sounds like a trooper.. good luck for her in upcoming seasons and  i hope for a speedy recovery

speedster

it was a good year for the 4a... the only way it could get better is to put some new blood in the finals lol.  Good job Mena, let's be ready for next year.

JacketPride17

s-dalebulldogs86 i saw ur daughter in pics my friend posted on face book it looked like she got to play after all shes a cutie too  :o

s-dalebulldogs86

Thanks Jacket, sorry to wait so long to reply, It was a good season lots of ups and downs but our girls had fun.. Now we are getting ready for softball how about you?

JacketPride17

Quote from: s-dalebulldogs86 on November 26, 2008, 01:45:28 pm
Thanks Jacket, sorry to wait so long to reply, It was a good season lots of ups and downs but our girls had fun.. Now we are getting ready for softball how about you?

oh no worries thanks for finally gettin back to me.. we obviously lost but they kept there heads up and now its time for where our jackets really shine... basketball... im hopin our ladies do good this year and make it pretty far. we have the talent with whitney donahue in our line-up  she made all confrence and all state as a sophomore and already has D-1 scouts lookin to sign her on.. but with tht said i wish the best of luck to ur team and ur daughter and lets hope she'll stay off the I.R. list and maybe one day we'll meet again but for now we get to see the improvement of our athletes.  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas