• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

volleyball

Started by elvis26, October 16, 2007, 06:06:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: mack on November 01, 2007, 08:53:24 pm
We need a volleyball thread in the Fall.
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 03, 2007, 08:41:13 pm
Quote from: hSv on October 16, 2007, 06:15:22 pm
If there is enough interest I will make one.
Yes I think there is enough interest.. And we need one soon so we can talk about the State Tournament, which was today
So do you think there is any possibility of getting one anytime soon?

hSv - Even though this subject is buried, Volleyball Fans are finding it.  If you'll build it they will come!  8)

Valleysports

OK someone tell me about Club Volleyball.  When does it start?  Are there tournaments held around like, competition softball, or do you have to be part of a J.O. Club - what?  These tournaments are probaby held in NW Ark and Little Rock area?  You might as well tell me, I'm going to find out!  ;)         

gilndoc

Quote from: Fat Money on November 04, 2007, 01:29:13 am
Congratulations to Brookland and their coach, Nancy Rodriguez, who played her high school volleyball under coach Judy Lewis at Harrison, and to the SS Lady Panthers for winning their fourth straight and for keeping the title in the West! Congrats to GW as well for making it to the title match.

Thanks Money Man :D

mulerider12

Quote from: Valleysports on November 05, 2007, 11:03:53 am
OK someone tell me about Club Volleyball.  When does it start?  Are there tournaments held around like, competition softball, or do you have to be part of a J.O. Club - what?  These tournaments are probaby held in NW Ark and Little Rock area?  You might as well tell me, I'm going to find out!  ;)         

Here is the website for JO it should tell you all you need to know. This ia alot of great vb all over the country
http://usavolleyball.org/Juniors/juniors_indoor_main.asp

ladycat32

November 05, 2007, 07:28:54 pm #54 Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:54:48 pm by ladycat32
Quote from: Valleysports on November 05, 2007, 10:48:43 am
Quote from: mack on November 01, 2007, 08:53:24 pm
We need a volleyball thread in the Fall.
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 03, 2007, 08:41:13 pm
Quote from: hSv on October 16, 2007, 06:15:22 pm
If there is enough interest I will make one.
Yes I think there is enough interest.. And we need one soon so we can talk about the State Tournament, which was today
So do you think there is any possibility of getting one anytime soon?

hSv - Even though this subject is buried, Volleyball Fans are finding it.  If you'll build it they will come!  8)

yeah, we need one

Valleysports

Thanks mulerider12 - it's interesting to observe the volleyball world compared to softball, basketball, & soccer. 

natcoach

Who made the All Tournament team in 7A and who was chosen for the All Star team??? Anyone know?

dime back

Quote from: Hibatchi on November 04, 2007, 11:24:24 am
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 04, 2007, 01:24:38 am
Quote from: Ron Mexico on November 03, 2007, 11:55:38 pm
Quote from: Hibatchi on November 03, 2007, 10:21:34 pm
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 03, 2007, 06:20:03 pm
Quote from: mulerider12 on November 03, 2007, 03:21:29 pm
Brookland won 3A
Westside (jonesboro) won 4a

Its good to hear that West Side beat VV.. This would have been their 5th state to win..  we lost to them which put us in 3rd, it was a loss that shouldn't have happend.  Next year we, Mena, are going to be State Champs for 4A.
haha its good to have dreams but let's not get crazy, it will still be westside and valley view in the 4A for the next HUNDRED years.

Fixed that for ya.

Well next year we really are going to be a threat just wait and see.. we have the same middles, and outside blockers and all off season we are working on passing passing passing so just wait and see who wins next year

You and every other 4A school will be working on passing this offseason but its still going to be westside and valley view head and shoulders above everybody... period
No doubt VV and Westside will play again next year. They were probably the two best teams in the state this year of any class. I think VV beat Bentonville in a tournament. Mollie Arnold will be unstoppable next year for Westside and VV Junior High team would have been 3rd in the 4A state tourney.

ladycat32

Quote from: dime back on November 08, 2007, 10:38:11 am
Brookland won 3A

Its good to hear that West Side beat VV.. This would have been their 5th state to win..  we lost to them which put us in 3rd, it was a loss that shouldn't have happend.  Next year we, Mena, are going to be State Champs for 4A.
haha its good to have dreams but let's not get crazy, it will still be westside and valley view in the 4A for the next HUNDRED years.

Fixed that for ya.

Well next year we really are going to be a threat just wait and see.. we have the same middles, and outside blockers and all off season we are working on passing passing passing so just wait and see who wins next year

You and every other 4A school will be working on passing this offseason but its still going to be westside and valley view head and shoulders above everybody... period
No doubt VV and Westside will play again next year. They were probably the two best teams in the state this year of any class. I think VV beat Bentonville in a tournament. Mollie Arnold will be unstoppable next year for Westside and VV Junior High team would have been 3rd in the 4A state tourney.

Westside has talent.. VV not so much

Ron Mexico

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 08, 2007, 06:57:14 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Are you kidding me?

mulerider12

Quote from: NatCoNLR on November 08, 2007, 09:38:44 am
Who made the All Tournament team in 7A and who was chosen for the All Star team??? Anyone know?

I would normally tell you to go to the AAA website but since its been mysterily down for a few days ummm no

ladycat32

Quote from: Ron Mexico on November 08, 2007, 08:41:38 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Are you kidding me?

We have just as much talent as VV.. They are coming to the Ladycat Classic next year and we will take care of them then

Hibatchi

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 09, 2007, 08:12:28 am
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Are you kidding me?

We have just as much talent as VV.. They are coming to the Ladycat Classic next year and we will take care of them then

So you are saying that you have just as much talent as the same VV team that absolutly smoked you in state in a game that they didnt even play very good in?

ladycat32

Quote from: Hibatchi on November 10, 2007, 08:41:37 pm
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 09, 2007, 08:12:28 am
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Are you kidding me?

So you are saying that you have just as much talent as the same VV team that absolutly smoked you in state in a game that they didnt even play very good in?

Yes I am, if we would have played half as good as we could have that day it would have been a match.  You may not think Mena is as good as we are but next year we will be playing them in September and we'll just see who wins.

Valleysports

Hey ya'll could just hit the REPLY instead of QUOTE, then we have to see all that purple highlighted part over and over.  What is VV?

ladycat32

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2007, 01:44:41 pm
Hey ya'll could just hit the REPLY instead of QUOTE, then we have to see all that purple highlighted part over and over.  What is VV?

VV is Valley View

volleyballhead

I would have to say of the teams I saw that day that Westside was the best.  Followed by Siloam, Valley View, Bentonville, Greenwood, and Fayetteville.  That's just my opinion.  The order I'm sure could be adjusted on any given day.  Other top teams in the state?  I know Southside was strong, and Rogers.  I would have to say those 2 could be put in the top 10.  And just for the record, I saw Mena play, and Mena, your were nowhere near the caliber team that Valley View was.  There's a reason those 2 teams were playing in the state tourney.  What about predictions for next year, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, and 7A.  I think Lake Hamilton will be back on top of 6A, Greenwood and Siloam should also be atop the list in 5A.  I'm sure VV and WS will battle it out again in 4A.  I know Lavaca takes a significant nose dive next year, but what about Brookland?  7A is usually open to the top 4-5 teams in NW Arkansas.  Southside should reload althouth they lose 6 senior starters, I look for Bentonville and Rogers to be back on top as well.  Don't overlook Sprindale Harbour, they will have loads of talent next year also.

ladycat32

Quote from: volleyballhead on November 11, 2007, 11:53:06 pm
I would have to say of the teams I saw that day that Westside was the best.  Followed by Siloam, Valley View, Bentonville, Greenwood, and Fayetteville.  That's just my opinion.  The order I'm sure could be adjusted on any given day.  Other top teams in the state?  I know Southside was strong, and Rogers.  I would have to say those 2 could be put in the top 10.  And just for the record, I saw Mena play, and Mena, your were nowhere near the caliber team that Valley View was.  There's a reason those 2 teams were playing in the state tourney.  What about predictions for next year, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, and 7A.  I think Lake Hamilton will be back on top of 6A, Greenwood and Siloam should also be atop the list in 5A.  I'm sure VV and WS will battle it out again in 4A.  I know Lavaca takes a significant nose dive next year, but what about Brookland?  7A is usually open to the top 4-5 teams in NW Arkansas.  Southside should reload althouth they lose 6 senior starters, I look for Bentonville and Rogers to be back on top as well.  Don't overlook Sprindale Harbour, they will have loads of talent next year also.

Yeah you are talking about us playing on our OFF day.. Every team had days that they play like that.. WE are capable of more than you think..  What team are you from anyways?

Valleysports

November 13, 2007, 08:47:07 am #68 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:32:33 pm by Valleysports
Hey put Russellville in that 7A watch!  This years undefeated JV (10th grdrs), which was last years 9th grade conf & north/south state tourn champs, along with returning varsity starters, will have it going on.  Playing year round ball and having strong 9th & 8th grade classes this year, should help Russellville catch up to NW Arkansas.  Was it 2005 when Russellville won it?

Update 7/29 - only two sophmores trying out! 

gilndoc

Jessie Wade (Siloam Springs) is signing letter on intent with Washburn University (DivII) :)  Was hoping she would get a I school but you take what fits the best.

volleyballhead

I'm just a volleyball fan, particually in the River Valley, I go to a lot of games in the Fort Smith area.  I don't take too much to Russelvile JV or anybody's JV being undefeated.  Don't get me wrong, JV's good for kids, but unless you have a loaded varstiy, most of your better juniors and sophmores will play Varsity, not JV, so the competition is watered down a bit.  Did Russelville JV beat Southside JV this year?  Didn't know if you 2 played or not, that would be impressive.  Russelville's varsity was not loaded by any means.  I do read a lot into junior high teams being good, especially if a junior high varsity (9th grade) team can put together consecutive good seasons.  Who were the best players in the state this year?  Jessica Guenette was the player of the year in the River Valley, but Katy Beth Carlson (Southside), Chelsea Black (Greenwood), Maddi Serrat (Southside), Jettie Stec (Southside), and Jill Barrett (Greenwood) were all pretty good candidates.  The big middle from Westside, signed with Ark-State, was the best player I saw in the Championship games.  Wade was awesome along with the Hernendez kid from Fayetteville. 

Valleysports

July 28, 2008, 11:59:08 am #71 Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:34:12 pm by Valleysports
Yeh you always have to wait and see - Russellville's handicap is being a small 7A school and not having a deep bench.  That sophomore team that played JV, played as a team in some Varsity tournaments last year.  I thought that was great letting them get as much experience as possible and it should pay off this year, (actually playing JO @ Tech is prob more valuable). 

Anyway it would sure be nice to keep up with how the teams are doing (on this Forum) and I'd love to learn the teams and players.  First games are just 3 weeks away!

Quite Frankly

Bump.

I'm for it.  This is THE high school sports board and Volleyball is def on the uptick. 

Valleysports

So in 4A 2008, #1 Mena, #2 West Side, #3 VV?

Quite Frankly

Go to the new Volleyball board.

Fat Money

Quote from: QF© on August 03, 2008, 02:21:44 pm
Go to the new Volleyball board.
Glad to see the new board. Thanks to the powers that be for adding it.

Valleysports

August 03, 2008, 05:49:46 pm #76 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:53:11 pm by Valleysports
Yeh Baby!!!!!!  Thanks Lanny - QF!  I was running out of agitating things to say about schools I don't know about! ;D

I've got the perfect start for our new board.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas