• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiter

Quote from: Oldman on February 15, 2012, 02:18:25 pm
Quote from: The Recruiter on February 15, 2012, 01:53:12 pm
Quote from: Oldman on February 15, 2012, 01:45:31 pm
now i have a headache.

Smell this (_!_) might make you forget about your head!!!
just kidding, those are some great ideas for fundraisers. the main thing is finding people that will work. there aren't many that will if their kids aren't playing and some of those will quit because he isn't playing enough or the right position.

Your right some will fade out. Here we had no Booster Club and no support at all.  We were everyones homecoming. We started with 2 men getting behind Gill when he arrived and now everyone supports him.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DogsWin7 on February 15, 2012, 02:26:14 pm
  Could have a tailgate before games. I think I saw on channel 5 last yr. that Southside High School does a lot of fundraising efforts under tents.  Having T-shirts, banners etc for sale like u mentioned Recruiter.   1st someone needs to inform Waldron of Fearless Friday because some Coaches do read these messages boards and it could help actually get them a coach.
i'll bet more coaches than you think read this board.

Jeep71

Maybe you could get some support from your local home town BANK.

The Recruiter

Quote from: Jeep71 on February 15, 2012, 03:15:00 pm
Maybe you could get some support from your local home town BANK.

Funny you said this,their bank gives me $250.00 a year.

DogsWin7

February 15, 2012, 03:27:33 pm #454 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:16:03 pm by DogsWin7
   ???

Panther13

Could have a tailgate before games. I think I saw on channel 5 last yr. that Southside High School does a lot of fundraising efforts under tents.  Having T-shirts, banners etc for sale like u mentioned Recruiter.   1st someone needs to inform Waldron of Fearless Friday because some Coaches do read these messages boards and it could help actually get them a coach.

Let them know for sure about fearless because if you know where 98% of these posters on this thread are from you would know they are not from Waldron. Then I would step up and put the number at 95% are not even from schools in the same conference.

We also sell the gear and do golf tournaments. It is just hard to remember all the things we do to raise money. The recruiter is right about a coach being able to pick up the phone and get things took care of so that he doesn't have to worry about the necessities.

DogsWin7

February 15, 2012, 07:29:58 pm #456 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:58:25 pm by DogsWin7
Quote from: Oldman on February 15, 2012, 02:52:58 pm
i'll bet more coaches than you think read this board.

school board members and administrators too if I had to guess.

You make a good point Panther13.  I said someone needs to, anyone on here have any friends in Waldron to tell about Fearless Friday?  I have a few relatives and friends that live in waldron but they r older, no kids in school anymore.    This is all starting to raise my bloodpressure, im way to old for this stuff.

Jimbo Morphis

parkers chapel lost there coach yesterday. vegas has them as a 2-1 favorite on hiring a coach before waldron.

DogsWin7

February 16, 2012, 08:04:09 am #458 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:10:31 am by DogsWin7
  you r giving me payback for being over on the 3A board eatin the puppychow aren't ya?
But really i don't think the odds 2-1 are that good at vegas.

Only the future holds the end to this story.  I just hope it ends before page 11 of this forum!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DogsWin7 on February 16, 2012, 08:04:09 am
  you r giving me payback for being over on the 3A board eatin the puppychow aren't ya?

Only the future holds the end to this story.  I just hope it ends before page 11 of this forum!
4a board is home until next year. i may spend more time here even then. those guys may not appreciate my sense of humor.

loyal fan

Quote from: Oldman on February 16, 2012, 07:46:46 am
parkers chapel lost there coach yesterday. vegas has them as a 2-1 favorite on hiring a coach before waldron.
Funny!!!

SportsFan23

Not to bash, but I can't believe this topic has generated 10 pages. LOL ;D

whippersnapper

And 90% of the people posting on here have nothing to do with Waldron hahaha

loyal fan

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on February 16, 2012, 09:46:47 am
And 90% of the people posting on here have nothing to do with Waldron hahaha

Where is Husky when you need him?

spoony luv

rehearsing another pregame speech

DogsWin7

February 16, 2012, 12:24:00 pm #465 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:17:52 pm by DogsWin7
Quote from: Oldman on February 16, 2012, 08:36:55 am
Quote from: DogsWin7 on February 16, 2012, 08:04:09 am

4a board is home until next year. i may spend more time here even then. those guys may not appreciate my sense of humor.

:o 

DogsWin7

February 18, 2012, 12:42:45 pm #466 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:20:48 pm by DiehardFBfan
 :D

5-wide

Warren is in need of a coach? Where did hembree go?

DogsWin7

February 18, 2012, 06:23:18 pm #468 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:22:27 pm by DiehardFBfan
Forum On Football Coaching openings 2011-2012 it was posted that Warren and Nettleton both need an Asst. Football Coach.  Also, listed Union Christian in earlier posts.
All i know.  Waldron is a 4A school with a multi-million $ new stadium

iknowmorethanu

Well guys, sorry I don't have any good news for you, but I do know who the coach won't be. Maybe yall should hang on for a rough few years of football ahead of you, at least until some things get realized and changed. Best of luck!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: iknowmorethanu on February 20, 2012, 10:23:47 am
Well guys, sorry I don't have any good news for you, but I do know who the coach won't be. Maybe yall should hang on for a rough few years of football ahead of you, at least until some things get realized and changed. Best of luck!
Like I said a week ago...

DogsWin7

February 20, 2012, 12:09:21 pm #471 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:23:43 pm by DiehardFBfan

Well, if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.  I'm sure Waldron will not have any problems finding a coach who really truly wants the job.  It is a great opportunity for a Coach to go to Waldron and have a New Stadium, and be able to build something from there.  I think I even heard that they have future plans to build a indoor practice facility, and that would be great for a coach to get in on.  In fact, I heard that they have had someone that also has some state championships wanting to go to Waldron, and are working out the details. (rumor is) Don't quote me on that.    Wish the person u know the best of luck!   

Told ya'll Coach V. and his sources or intuition is hard to beat on here. ;)  I need to figure out how he does it.   Do u remember Coach Wagner from Mansfield in the late 50's early 60's?  Man, if he was around..........

Tight End

Waldron is always dragging their feet in everything they do...heard (rumor) that Coach May had withdrawn his resume...Coach May is a winner...Waldron needs a big time coach to go along with their new FB field & Coach May could have been the one...but it's Waldron they do things different there...new FB field and one win a year the last 4 years...they did win one game on the new field Subi (HC)...7th grade was the first to win on the new field..

DogsWin7

February 20, 2012, 12:45:37 pm #473 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:26:31 pm by DiehardFBfan
Exclusion is the highest form of flattery, Thanks. Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word,
Never Get Too Big For Your Britches,
Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend

I am ready for Greenwood Highschool Football!   Good Luck Waldron!  1 thing we have in common is a Great Mascot! 

GO BULLDOGSGO BULLDOGS  8)GO BULLDOGS
GO BULLDOGS!!! 8)

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 20, 2012, 12:09:21 pm

Well, if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.  I'm sure Waldron will not have any problems finding a coach who really truly wants the job.  It is a great opportunity for a Coach to go to Waldron and have a New Stadium, and be able to build something from there.  I think I even heard that they have future plans to build a indoor practice facility, and that would be great for a coach to get in on.  In fact, I heard that they have had someone that also has some state championships wanting to go to Waldron, and are working out the details. (rumor is) Don't quote me on that.    Wish the person u know the best of luck!   

Told ya'll Coach V. and his sources or intuition is hard to beat on here. ;)  I need to figure out how he does it.   Do u remember Coach Wagner from Mansfield in the late 50's early 60's?  Man, if he was around..........
I know a school board member...as for Wagner, I don't remember him...

DogsWin7

February 20, 2012, 03:48:45 pm #475 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:12:20 pm by DiehardFBfan
Coach Jerry Wagoner was Mansfield head coach a little more than 50 yrs ago. (boy, longtime ago- pretty sure anyway) known as Coach Wag.   School Board members would definately know.  Good source.  Heard any new new's you care to share?  I only know some Coaches around the area schools.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Tight End on February 20, 2012, 12:42:44 pm
Waldron needs a big time coach to go along with their new FB field

What makes you think that a "big time coach" is what is needed to turn Waldron around?

From what I've noticed well regarded highly experienced coaches tend to succeed or fail at about the same rates as any other.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 20, 2012, 04:54:01 pm

What makes you think that a "big time coach" is what is needed to turn Waldron around?

From what I've noticed well regarded highly experienced coaches tend to succeed or fail at about the same rates as any other.

True, the mighty can fall.  I am guessing you are a coach yes?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 20, 2012, 05:44:57 pm

I am.

I applied for the Waldron job.   Or at least sent a resume and a letter of interest.   Having no experience as a head football coach (except for junior high) I had no real expectations of being interview much less hired.

So I vented at the person reviewing resumes at Waldron.

I pointed out that there was no relationship between the success of highly experienced, veteran coaches and brand new inexperienced coaches.   That one was just as likely to succeed or fail as the other.

And that in fact experience could serve to impede or undermine a head coach just as much as it benefits him.   

A veteran head coach with a history of accomplishment virtually always wants to duplicate that success  THE SAME WAY at a new school.     Head coaches are very conservative.   They want to stick with the same systems that have worked for them in the past and are reluctant to adapt to different circumstances including radically different personnel at different schools.

Just as Joan of Arc (with no experience whatsoever leading an army) succeeded during the Hundred Years War where countless combat veterans had failed,   sometimes you need a coach who doesn't have years of experience binding him to a certain system.

I pointed out that "hiring an experienced coach" is basically "a** covering for administrators".

If an experienced head coach fails,  an administrator can always simply say

"Well, we hired the most experienced coach we could find"

On the other hand, if an inexperienced head coach fails,   all the fans and the booster club start screaming

"Why didn't you hire a more experienced head coach!!!!???"

DogsWin7

February 20, 2012, 06:23:18 pm #479 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:39:45 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 20, 2012, 06:14:09 pm

I am.

I applied for the Waldron job.   Or at least sent a resume and a letter of interest.   Having no experience as a head football coach (except for junior high) I had no real expectations of being interview much less hired.

I pointed out that there was no relationship between the success of highly experienced, veteran coaches and brand new inexperienced coaches.   That one was just as likely to succeed or fail as the other.

And that in fact experience could serve to impede or undermine a head coach just as much as it benefits him.   

A veteran head coach with a history of accomplishment virtually always wants to duplicate that success  THE SAME WAY at a new school.     Head coaches are very conservative.   They want to stick with the same systems that have worked for them in the past and are reluctant to adapt to different circumstances including radically different personnel at different schools.

Just as Joan of Arc (with no experience whatsoever leading an army) succeeded during the Hundred Years War where countless combat veterans had failed,   sometimes you need a coach who doesn't have years of experience binding him to a certain system.

I pointed out that "hiring an experienced coach" is basically "a** covering for administrators".

On the other hand, if an inexperienced head coach fails,   all the fans and the booster club start screaming

I think you must be confused.  Tight End has only had 1 post ever on FF, take a look!
I just made a guess that you were a coach, Joan of Arc huh? oooooookkkkk.  Do you know husky? ;D   Well, looks like waldron has not yet hired a coach, maybe you should call them.  just a suggestion.  You might want to read the entire thread before making comments, cause if you had bother to read it, you would have known that almost all of us on here are not from Waldron.  And if Tight End is reviewing resumes' you probably just blew your chance, cause a lot of Coaches, Schoolboard members, administrators, etc. read FF.  but you can hold out hope cause apparently no one from Waldron does.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 20, 2012, 06:23:18 pm

I am.

I think you must be confused.  Tight End has only had 1 post ever on FF, take a look!
I just made a guess that you were a coach, Joan of Arc huh? oooooookkkkk.  Do you know husky? ;D   Well, looks like waldron has not yet hired a coach, maybe you should call them.  just a suggestion.  You might want to read the entire thread before making comments, cause if you had bother to read it, you would have known that almost all of us on here is not from Waldron.

I've read the entire thread and followed it closely.

I'm very fond of Waldron.   I used to stop through there frequently when I was in retail management in Greenwood.

My "rant" has little or nothing to do with Waldron actually.   It has to do with the constant mantra from people here and elsewhere who seem to think that a coach being a success elsewhere (sometimes YEARS past) automatically should put them on top of the list in a different school in radically different circumstances.

Wendell Robinson

It's kind of like when any job tells you they can't hire you because "you don't have enough experience". How are you supposed to get experience when no one will hire you because you don't have enough? ANY coach going into Waldron will probably struggle in year 1, probably again in year 2. Might as well go with a guy who has no head coaching experience. Why? Because he'll have some fire in his gut for the job. Have passion and it will show in your kids. A brand new coach will coach with something to prove. If it works out, you look like a genius. If it doesn't work out, then you haven't lost anything and you gave someone a chance to prove themselves.

DogsWin7

I take it you are a young whippersnapper?   Maybe you should go and start applying in person for the jobs that you are interested in.  It couldn't hurt.  From personal experience, it's harder for someone to say no if they meet ya.  Everyone has to start sometime, you just need to find a school willing to give you a chance. Maybe Waldron?

Dayton Kitchens

^Amen.

Makes a lot more sense than this perpetual search for "Mike: The Magic Coach".

car

Waldron please hire Dayton Kitchens.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: car on February 20, 2012, 07:05:25 pm
Waldron please hire Dayton Kitchens.

See something we can agree on.

Tight End

I'm not reviewing resumes, I just know how some Waldron folks are..

whippersnapper

Hey I'm the only whippersnapper here! Haha. But wait where is dog the bounty hunter to rip on another coach for posting on fearless?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I am.

good post - risk aversion - take a risk and you're wrong, you're accountable...make a safe choice and you're wrong, it's the coach they blame and not the one(s) that hired him

I do disagree that there is no relationship between the success of highly experienced coaches and inexperienced coaches.  An experienced coach has a track record...either good or bad.  You can get a better idea about how he will do than you can a guy like you or I who have no head coaching experience.  You can guess how good a young guy is based on his background or his interview, but it is just a guess.  It's a guess with an experienced guy, but it's a much more educated guess. 

Don't get me wrong, if I were applying for the Waldron job, I'd think I was the best man for the job, as you should as well.  I think everyone that applies for a job should think that about themselves.  Not that they are the most qualified, but that they would be the best person for it.

Without going back through this thread, did they ever publish all the coaches who actually applied at Waldron?

As for my opinion, if Tim Perry really applied and interviewed, I would take him in a heartbeat.  I'm biased because he is a friend of mine, but I really do think he is a very good head coach and has proven as much.

Dayton Kitchens

[quote author=Coach DePriest, PA
As for my opinion, if Tim Perry really applied and interviewed, I would take him in a heartbeat.  I'm biased because he is a friend of mine, but I really do think he is a very good head coach and has proven as much.
[/quote]

I like Tim Perry too.    I can tell you a hilarious  story about when he interviewed me in 2005 for an assistant coaching position at CAC.

I didn't get it but I did come away mightily impressed with CAC and their staff.

futurecoach

I know one successful coach who feels like he would turn it around if given the opportunity and he wants the challenge.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: RMS Coach Davis on February 20, 2012, 09:13:05 pm
I know one successful coach who feels like he would turn it around if given the opportunity and he wants the challenge.
I know one, too, other than Coach Perry.  You and I are probably thinking about the same guy.

futurecoach

Quote from: Coach DePriest, PA on February 20, 2012, 09:38:15 pm
Quote from: RMS Coach Davis on February 20, 2012, 09:13:05 pm

We probably are :)
I know one, too, other than Coach Perry.  You and I are probably thinking about the same guy.

DogsWin7

Quote from: iknowmorethanu on February 03, 2012, 12:08:08 pm
Because I may not know everything but in this case I assure you that I know more about Tim Perry than every other person on this thread combined. And that friends is an actual fact.

According to iknowmorethanu Coach Perry turned down the Waldron job. 

but I am curious as to the Coach you and Coach DePriest,PA are speaking of.....

Coach V. any clues?  I can not believe you have never heard of Coach Wag.  Mansfield was 1 of his first brief Coaching jobs.  He then went on to Booneville, then he ended his career in the Sports Hall of Fame after being head coach at University of the Ozarks.  He was a great Coach.   

Jimbo Morphis

i'll come back on page 32 and see if we have a coach. how is the girl's volleyball team doing?

loyal fan

Quote from: Oldman on February 21, 2012, 08:29:46 am
i'll come back on page 32 and see if we have a coach. how is the girl's volleyball team doing?

Your Right about that.  This is the craziest coaching search that I have ever seen. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Oldman on February 21, 2012, 08:29:46 am

Page 32!  You think they will have a coach by page 32?   ;)
I don't know how the volleyballteam is, maybe it's time for you to give them another call. lol
I'd guess, better than the football team, cause they have a coach.

GLion Alum

If a FF topic goes on long enough, all of us will learn something.  Jerry Wagoner and I were friends, and I knew that he had ties to Booneville, but I didn't know he started coaching in Waldron. 

I'm beginning to wonder if the Waldron school board isn't trying to make the Waldron football program the best-known 4A program in the state.  There's been over 21,000 views of this topic so far...and counting!   ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: GLion Alum on February 21, 2012, 08:42:38 am
If a FF topic goes on long enough, all of us will learn something.  Jerry Wagoner and I were friends, and I knew that he had ties to Booneville, but I didn't know he started coaching in Waldron. 

I'm beginning to wonder if the Waldron school board isn't trying to make the Waldron football program the best-known 4A program in the state.  There's been over 21,000 views of this topic so far...and counting!   ;D

Coach Wag started in Mansfield, I stated that if he was still around he could definitely turn around the Waldron Program, i bet you would agree?   Anyway, 21,000 views!!!! and all for Waldron. ;D  I have tried to end this thread by trying to convince bearcatwhippersnapper and some Dayton Kitchens to go down to Waldron and take the job!  Oldman, I guess you are going to have to come out of retirement.  It has your name all over it!   ;)

chspirates2008

i have got good news to tell yall i have applied and got the job lol j.k no i do have a inside source that tells me they are in talk with a coach and the announcement might come as soon as next week

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas