• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

February 28, 2012, 06:32:03 pm #650 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:55:26 pm by DiehardFBfan
 :o 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Oldman on February 14, 2012, 10:52:39 am
i'm thinking they must be a basketball town.

I read in the TimesRecord Sun. that Waldron is going to the State playoffs.  Waldron vs Osceola.

DogsWin7

Help!  I think I have gone blind or got double vision- I see Page 14!!!!! ;D 

hillbillydeluxe

This Dayton dude is just amazing. I think it's hilarious that A coach gets on here and uses his real name and makes some of the dumbest statements a guy could make.. You would think a coach would have more common sense to get on here and post, when his posts are just crazy. Little word of advice, if u want to be a head coach, get off fearless Friday or at least disguise your name, so people can't see how ignorant you are. Reminds me alot of Husky

the green moose

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on February 28, 2012, 05:44:01 pm
the green moose:
So Moose is gonna be lazy and skip reading all 13 pages and just ask....have they got a football coach yet??
Not yet moose but we have formed a coalition of FF experts who are going to do the coaching duties if you're interested?
Of course the Moose would be interested, the Moose is in school right now to become a coach, as long as Glion is by the Mooses side then Waldron would go undefeated give the Moose Wendell Robinson and Edghog as assisants and Bearcat whippersnapper as ball boy...sounds like the dream team!!

GLion Alum

Quote from: the green moose on February 29, 2012, 12:30:58 am
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on February 28, 2012, 05:44:01 pm
the green moose:
So Moose is gonna be lazy and skip reading all 13 pages and just ask....have they got a football coach yet??
Not yet moose but we have formed a coalition of FF experts who are going to do the coaching duties if you're interested?
Of course the Moose would be interested, the Moose is in school right now to become a coach, as long as Glion is by the Mooses side then Waldron would go undefeated give the Moose Wendell Robinson and Edghog as assisants and Bearcat whippersnapper as ball boy...sounds like the dream team!!

With that lineup on the sidelines I doubt if the other 4-4A teams would show up!  Not that they'd be scared of the team on the field...just wouldn't have the stomachs to stand the sight!   ;D  I'd handle the complaints to, and behind-kissing of, the officials; Edghog would be around to point out conference opponent Bunnyville's weaknesses; Wendell Robinson would somehow find something in Waldron football history to make them feel good about their tradition; and Bearcat whippersnapper would never let Waldron overlook Mena.  That'd leave Moose in charge of the x's and o's of coaching but would be a step down for him with suddenly only one team to concentrate on.   ;D  Moose, as always, has a great idea!   

DogsWin7

Oh my!  hillbillydeluxe must of had to come into town to get some tators!  He hasn't been on here in ages.... ;D   

You all have yet to give this "Miracle Dream Team" of Coaches a name?    Dayton got mad at my last suggestion.... ;D

Soooooooo, have we decided how we are going to spilt up the pay$$$$$?  I have come to the conclusion that it would be honor enough and less costly to the determent of our lives to just coach for free considering how much time we have posted wondering when waldron is gonna get a coach. ;D  What do ya think?

Perhaps, they will have a Coach by spring-break, because I for 1 need a vacation!!!!

Jimbo Morphis

DogsWin7

Jimbo Morphis

Spygate

Quote from: Oldman on February 29, 2012, 08:36:04 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 08:34:33 am
;D You are priceless ;D
that was pretty good for 8:30 a.m.

+1 from me on that one! Nothing like good comedy!

DogsWin7

I am learning from a true master ;D

Oldman & GLion now how to get it done!!!

Waldron better be thanking their lucky stars that steve perry is on the 5A forum, cause he would tear it up. ;D

Wendell Robinson

The problem with Waldron, there isn't a whole lot of tradition from anywhere. I think the best slogan and the one I would put in place as a head coach would simply be, "Why not?" why not us, why not now, etc. It's all about getting one kid to believe, and then hope for that snowball effect.

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 09:01:28 am #663 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:09:14 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 08:58:22 am
The problem with Waldron, there isn't a whole lot of tradition from anywhere. I think the best slogan and the one I would put in place as a head coach would simply be, "Why not?" why not us, why not now, etc. It's all about getting one kid to believe, and then hope for that snowball effect.

That is exactly right.  They need to believe 1st then Wins will come.   Their mindset seems to be different down in Waldron, is it because of the coaching or because of history or both?  Do you think Waldron can believe enough and want it enough to turn it around?   

Wendell Robinson

February 29, 2012, 09:05:44 am #664 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:08:07 am by Wendell Robinson
I have the perfect combination of a football coaching staff at Waldron. Let Moose have the head job it wouldn't be anything more than a title anyway. ;D make bearcatwhippersnapper the offensive coordinator. I'll be the defensive coordinator. Put GLion in charge of player development and classroom performance. There is a fellow named Skunkape Esq, make him the strength and conditioning coach. It's my understanding that skunkapes are quite strong. Waldron is on the top of the 4A football world in no time.

Spygate

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 09:05:44 am
I have the perfect combination of a football coaching staff at Waldron. Let Moose has the head job it wouldn't be anything more than a title anyway. ;D make bearcatwhippersnapper the offensive coordinator. I'll be the defensive coordinator. Put GLion in charge of player development and classroom performance. There is a fellow named Skunkape Esq, make him the strength and conditioning coach. It's my understanding that skunkapes are quite strong. Waldron is on the top of the 4A football world in no time.

I will donate my time as video coordinator! ;D

the green moose

I have the perfect combination of a football coaching staff at Waldron. Let Moose has the head job it wouldn't be anything more than a title anyway. ;D make bearcatwhippersnapper the offensive coordinator. I'll be the defensive coordinator. Put GLion in charge of player development and classroom performance. There is a fellow named Skunkape Esq, make him the strength and conditioning coach. It's my understanding that skunkapes are quite strong. Waldron is on the top of the 4A football world in no time.
We need someone for special teams any ideas??

phdefense

Quote from: the green moose on February 29, 2012, 09:41:12 am
Sam, he is the epitome of unorthodox/outside the box thinking.

GLion Alum

Put GLion in charge of player development and classroom performance.

I can see it now.  Waldron, the Harvard of the Ozarks...or would it be Waldron, the Harvard of the Ouachitas?  Which is it?   ;D

DogsWin7

I like it!!!! ;D  Harvard of the Ouachitas it is.

GLion Alum

Quote from: phdefense on February 29, 2012, 09:49:20 am
Quote from: the green moose on February 29, 2012, 09:41:12 am
Sam, he is the epitome of unorthodox/outside the box thinking.
[/quote]

He would put PA's special teams to shame!

DogsWin7

Where is Coach DePriest, PA?  He would definitely add some flare ;D

hawgrule

has he applied? I know he is from around that area so he could possibly be looking at it.   It would be a great hire for Waldron.

GLion Alum

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 10:06:20 am
Where is Coach DePriest, PA?  He would definitely add some flare ;D

He actually has a coaching job--not eligible.  Plus, he might impede Sam's thinking.

whippersnapper

Ball boy moose?? Gosh thanks where's the love haha! But dont worry I'll make sure to wax those balls! Nothing like a ball thats been waxed very well.

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 10:13:03 am #675 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:32:15 am by DiehardFBfan
I think it's time to whip- out the big guns(not literally),  get a 6-pk of Dew and GO FISHIN' ;D

GLion Alum

We've overlooked another person--Coach Venny.  If Waldron has the money, it'd probably be a good idea to hire him as Director of Interschool Relations.   ;D

DogsWin7

Sound the Horn!  Page 15 is near.............. ;D

gitrdone

whippersnapper

Where is Woody Paige and Skip Bayless when we need them

GLion Alum

Quote from: gitrdone on February 29, 2012, 10:23:21 am
COACH2BE is your man!!!!

I hear he's popular in Booneville.  I assume Moose is attending classes this morning, but his post last night is likely to add 1,000 views to this topic...just what it needed!  ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 29, 2012, 10:27:44 am
Where is Woody Paige and Skip Bayless when we need them

Lost in Leap year like us!!!! ;D

DogsWin7

Hate to change the subject..............but I heard that Bentonville voted and approved the new school and are thinking of adding another football field.  Now how will that work with HC Lunney?  Will they possibly hire another HC or will his asst. take that job?  just curious..

Possible Jr. could step in i guess.  Any thoughts?

DogsWin7

OK, What was I thinking, back to Waldron.  How many bet that they will have a Coach by Spring Break? ;D  That is definitely the deadline for all of us to meet at WHS to take the job. ;D

Wendell Robinson

Special teams coordinator possibilities.

Edgehog
Sam
husky (though I doubt he would be willing to take the cut in pay)
hillbilly
Tiger101
Houston Nutt

Wendell Robinson

Anyone else think that the best thing to ever happen to FF in the offseason was Waldron looking for a coach? This is fun, I kind of hope they never hire a coach.

the green moose

Quote from: GLion Alum on February 29, 2012, 10:29:51 am
COACH2BE is your man!!!!

I hear he's popular in Booneville.  I assume Moose is attending classes this morning, but his post last night is likely to add 1,000 views to this topic...just what it needed!  ;D
You are correct about the classes, but how could the Moose have forgotten about Sam, he is quite special lol and coach vinny would be a good fit for our Dream team also!!

the green moose

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 29, 2012, 10:12:17 am
Ball boy moose?? Gosh thanks where's the love haha! But dont worry I'll make sure to wax those balls! Nothing like a ball thats been waxed very well.
come on kid you gotta earn your stripes, you'll move up to waterboy in no time the Moose is sure you have a great work ethic!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 11:06:17 am
Anyone else think that the best thing to ever happen to FF in the offseason was Waldron looking for a coach? This is fun, I kind of hope they never hire a coach.
after 14 pages are we sure they are looking?

the green moose

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 11:06:17 am
Thats kinda mean lol

DogsWin7

Quote from: the green moose on February 29, 2012, 11:08:18 am
Quote from: GLion Alum on February 29, 2012, 10:29:51 am
COACH2BE is your man!!!!

You are correct about the classes, but how could the Moose have forgotten about Sam, he is quite special lol and coach vinny would be a good fit for our Dream team also!!

Poor Dayton, Left out again :'(

Where is Dayton?  I guess he is still mad.... Come on out Dayton, I told you how to change your username on here once.  Go to General-Help and FAQ's. ;D

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 11:15:35 am #692 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:00:45 pm by DiehardFBfan
  If not,  u can deliever my crow to G, Arkansas.  I will even take a pic of me eatin' it!!!

GLion Alum

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 10:50:38 am
Hate to change the subject..............but I heard that Bentonville voted and approved the new school and are thinking of adding another football field.  Now how will that work with HC Lunney?  Will they possibly hire another HC or will his asst. take that job?  just curious..

Possible Jr. could step in i guess.  Any thoughts?

Not to divert this topic further  ;D, here's the answer to your question.  The Bentonville school board has decided to submit to the voters a proposed millage hike to finance a second high school northwest of Centerton near the Bentonville-Gravette school district border because that's where much of the population growth is occurring.  They're still debating whether to have a football field at that new school (as Rogers does) in the proposed bond issue or keep the cost lower by proposing to use the field at the existing high school (as Springdale does).  I get the idea that Barry Lunney doesn't want a second high school, but he's done a pretty good job of keeping his head out of the line of fire between the two sides.  Trust me, it is a war between the two sides...enough that whatever bond issue is submitted to the voters may not pass, and then Bentonville will be in a real mess!

If voters don't okay a second Bentonville high school in that area, I'm thinking, as a Gravette sports fan, Gravette should build a second high school in that area to better compete with Bentonville for the best athletes.   ;D   In case anyone hasn't figured that icon out, I'm joking...and there have been plenty of topics about this (but not the Gravette part, of course) on the 7A boards.  Now back to "As the World Turns in Waldron."

DogsWin7

You are a Shakespearean Genius!   I knew you were good on the BB forum but you certainly have game!!!! :D 

GLion Alum

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 11:39:28 am
You are a Shakespearean Genius!   I knew you were good on the BB forum but you certainly have game!!!! :D 

I was born about a mile or two from the site of that proposed new high school...about a month before Bentonville's first hospital (Bates) opened.  That means I'm old enough I should know something about something, but I'm still tryng to figure out what!  ;D

DogsWin7

If I had to take a guess, I would say that you might have gray hair because of all the Wisdom you have GLion.... :D

Panther13

Well lets keep it simple for a name and call it "Fearless Nation of Coaches". Our motto "We will take any job that no one else wants!!!!"

I could handle the Booster Club and Community relations.  ;D

This is pretty good entertainment for those of us who truly enjoy high school football. It sure seems to be a core group as well.

DogsWin7

Time for a Cheeseburger and Fries and some sweet tea.....

I just hope they get a coach soon, I have gardening to do.  Can't wait for my own tomato's and corn etc. 

GLion Alum

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 11:48:19 am
If I had to take a guess, I would say that you might have gray hair because of all the Wisdom you have GLion.... :D

Before the Gravette fans who know me have a chance to respond to what you posted,  I'll present three options:  (1)  GLion isn't wise.  (2)  GLion has discovered the miracles of modern chemistry. (3) GLion wears a toupee.  Whatever...GLion likes to think he looks younger than he is, and at this stage of life it's important to GLion for him not to think of himself as just another cranky old geezer.  ;D (My apologies to the green moose for stealing his third-person style for this one reply only).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas