• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Come on iknowmorethanu =?????   what?

iknowmorethanu

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 24, 2012, 05:11:23 pm
Come on iknowmorethanu =?????   what?

I must be slacking, or perhaps its the pre-weekend brain shutdown setting in. What exactly does strong+champion=

DogsWin7

February 24, 2012, 05:16:44 pm #602 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:56:53 am by DiehardFBfan

???

iknowmorethanu

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 24, 2012, 05:16:44 pm

STRONG+CHAMPIONSHIP=COACH   

See I was thinking coach+strong=championship. Don't you need a strong coach before you get a championship?

DogsWin7

February 24, 2012, 05:18:53 pm #604 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:25:00 pm by DiehardFBfan
hahahaha ;D yep

but then again...............................

5-wide

Ok so the coach from Strong who won the state title in AA is going to Waldron?  Is that the big magic trick?  Who is the coach from Strong?  I thought DePreist from PA was going to Alma as OC?  That could be way off. I have heard from a very reliable source Coach Perry is looking at jobs or a job in Alabama or West Virginia or both. He is all class and a school will be very lucky to have him.

DogsWin7

February 24, 2012, 05:36:44 pm #606 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:43:18 pm by DiehardFBfan
 So, Coach V's "Good Ol' Boy System" is working! ;)

I could see Coach Perry looking at jobs back in Alabama and West Virginia, afterall he has been to both in the past.  Roll Tide!!!!

I have no idea, if Coach Davis is going to Waldron.  They just mentioned back on page 10 of this crazzzzzzy forum that they both knew of a Coach wanting the job.  I asked Coach Davis if he was related he wouldn't comment, so....................... I guessed.   I am probably totally wrong, just old and have nothing else better to do    spygate said, he was a "strong" one and Davis is from strong thus my dumb guess...........

Now as far as Magic Trick, wouldn't you say it would require magic for waldron to hire a Coach ;D

DogsWin7

February 24, 2012, 05:52:58 pm #607 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:00:40 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: RMS Coach Davis on February 20, 2012, 09:46:07 pm
Quote from: Coach DePriest, PA on February 20, 2012, 09:38:15 pm
Quote from: RMS Coach Davis on February 20, 2012, 09:13:05 pm
I know one successful coach who feels like he would turn it around if given the opportunity and he wants the challenge.

We probably are :)
I know one, too, other than Coach Perry.  You and I are probably thinking about the same guy.

see why I made that guess ^

Well, looks like I may be wrong................jury is still out.  If I am wrong, I will go ahead and apologize now to both the Coaches and to Waldron.   Just thought he might want to go to a bigger school either way looks like it still is going round and round, where it stops nobody knows.

Has anyone heard anything different?

DogsWin7

Does anyone on here know anything about Coach Davis, other than he too is a very good coach and won the state title at strong?  I don't know if he is even considering Waldron but if he is you better make him a offer he can't refuse. (spring practices are practically here).  Hire him and your program steps to the level it needs to be.  He is a young coach who could possibly stay and build a program that he and waldron can be proud of.   my opinion.  Watch waldron do their own magic trick and blow all our minds! just my opinion.  I seem to be the only one on here who has one at this point.  Maybe I need to use some magic of my own and disappear!! ;D

Hoghead

Im about to run out of Colt .45 waiting and drinking myself into a Coma on WALDRON !!!!
Pick a Coach, it doesn't matter. It's Waldron ! They never win in football anyway. They're the West Arkansas version of Paragould.

loyal fan

Quote from: Hoghead on February 26, 2012, 05:06:43 am
Im about to run out of Colt .45 waiting and drinking myself into a Coma on WALDRON !!!!
Pick a Coach, it doesn't matter. It's Waldron ! They never win in football anyway. They're the West Arkansas version of Paragould.
[/quote.
That's hilarious. Took words out of my mouth

DogsWin7

ribbit................ribbit.......................ribbit.............. ;D

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 08:42:37 am #612 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:57:15 am by DiehardFBfan
  If I am not mistaken way back in the late 70's early 80's ( if my memory hasn't failed me in older yrs) Waldron used to play Greenwood and yes, win!  Hard to believe that Greenwood was once 1 who had to build-up a FOOTBALL DYNASTY.   

I believe the story goes, started with trying to hire Barry Lunney Sr. and him recommending Rick Jones, who I believe they found over in Oklahoma.  Great Story, 1 with tradition of a town having belief in a Coach and it growing from there into an all time best seller. Championship after Championship x Championships. 

Waldron it can be done!   

Now go out and get a COACH! Should add, that G has a great asst.super/athletic director and school board plus admin. that contributed to bringing in THE Coach Jones.

Panther13

The Waldron coaching search has given a bunch of football geeks a lot to talk about so far. Maybe we as a whole should apply for the job and serve as the head coach and assistants. We all could take turns each week as the head coach. It seems we have enough knowledge to put together one great staff that is passionate, won championships, can get fans on board , can get the boosters involved and rally the community around our team. So Waldron look no further for your coach.If you hire us you will be starting the  future trend toward community coached teams!!!! ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Panther13 on February 27, 2012, 10:11:53 am
The Waldron coaching search has given a bunch of football geeks a lot to talk about so far. Maybe we as a whole should apply for the job and serve as the head coach and assistants. We all could take turns each week as the head coach. It seems we have enough knowledge to put together one great staff that is passionate, won championships, can get fans on board , can get the boosters involved and rally the community around our team. So Waldron look no further for your coach.If you hire us you will be starting the  future trend toward community coached teams!!!! ;D

Now that is something to CHEER about!!!! ;D  I just want 1st dibs at 1 of the playoff games! ;D

whippersnapper

Well how about this...i call dibs on oc. Somebody can have my week lol.

DogsWin7

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 27, 2012, 11:27:42 am
Well how about this...i call dibs on oc. Somebody can have my week lol.

Consider it done!!!  But maybe I messed up cause I am the defensive genuis! ;D

apache_alum_90

I'll take a defensive coordinator job or even lb coach

DogsWin7

Ok Coaches we have our Mission although I think we should add a few more for extra measure! 

What is this terrific "team" of Coaches going to be called?

We need a name that rings with greatness? ;D  Lets think....................

whippersnapper

Well hopefully I'll make your job easier diehard and alum. Double wing all the way...ill milk that clock like no other for ya!

whippersnapper

Hmmmm....Xmen? The Avengers?? Transformers!?! The Justice League! No wait I got it, I got it. League of nations!

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 11:57:05 am #621 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:01:06 pm by DiehardFBfan
  1 big key component to winning the game whippersnapper- eating the clock! ;D

Now the name ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I like your suggestions but still feel we need something more grand.  Takes awhile for us "older" brains to power-up i'm still thinking.........

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 12:06:04 pm #622 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:57:35 am by DiehardFBfan
 definition of achievement:  something accomplished, especially by SUPERIOR ABILITY,special effort, great courage, etc. a great heroic deed.  attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of ones objective.  the full display of the armorial bearings of an individual or corporation: i.e. team.

think we made need to add waldrons name in somewhere.... still thinking............ I may have to come back tomorrow. ;D  Come on Coaches lets think!! ;D

We might should wait on a name cause I have a suspicion that some other coaches might want to join our forces ;D  Coach V., Oldman, iknowmorethanu, the great GLion and possibly even Wendell Robinson himself so, u can see i am trying to buy myself more time ;D  I haven't a clue for a name yet but League of Nations is starting to grow on me ;D

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 12:47:30 pm #623 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:29:06 pm by DiehardFBfan
lets see.......... Waldron's Superior Heroic Sensations...........ummmmmmm still like Nation though I feel my bloodpressure starting to rise at all this pressure, funny how that doesn't happen to anyone on the field....hahahaha ;D

Let's wait till tomorrow to gather everyone's input before we get a name this should be fun... ;D

#1. League of Nations ( I really like it)
#2. Waldron's Superior Heroic Sensations....( little windbagish lol)
#3. Fearless Nation of Coaches ( we have a motto!!!) gdthink Panther13, but it may need adj.

p.s. probably have opened myself up for all kinds of feedback....lol  Let's just hope Waldron gets a coach before then... ;)

Panther13

Well lets keep it simple and call it "Fearless Nation of Coaches". Our motto "We will take any job that no one else wants!!!!" 

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 27, 2012, 08:42:37 am
  If I am not mistaken way back in the late 70's early 80's ( if my memory hasn't failed me in older yrs) Waldron used to play Greenwood and yes, win!  Hard to believe that Greenwood was once 1 who had to build-up a FOOTBALL DYNASTY.   

I believe the story goes, started with trying to hire Barry Lunney Sr. and him recommending Rick Jones, who I believe they found over in Oklahoma.  Great Story, 1 with tradition of a town having belief in a Coach and it growing from there into an all time best seller. Championship after Championship x Championships. 

Waldron it can be done!   

Now go out and get a COACH! Should add, that G has a great asst.super/athletic director and school board plus admin. that contributed to bringing in THE Coach Jones.

Really, the Greenwood dynasty began with Coach Ronnie Peacock. He built up the program and Coach Jones came in and collected the spoils, so to speak. But he had been at Broken Arrow over in Oklahoma and had trouble competing with the Jenks and Tulsa Union, but then again who in Oklahoma hasn't had trouble competing with those two. Bottom line, he wasn't a good fit over at Broken Arrow for whatever reason. Got a call from Greenwood and realized he was walking into a gold mine. On the flip side, Broken Arrow has slowly began to take the place of Jenks as a football powerhouse over in Oklahoma and lost 23-22 to Tulsa Union in the Class 6A State Championship last December

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 02:24:36 pm #626 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:20:36 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 27, 2012, 02:10:52 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 27, 2012, 08:42:37 am

Waldron it can be done!   

Really, the Greenwood dynasty began with Coach Ronnie Peacock. He built up the program and Coach Jones came in and collected the spoils, so to speak. But he had been at Broken Arrow over in Oklahoma and had trouble competing with the Jenks and Tulsa Union, but then again who in Oklahoma hasn't had trouble competing with those two. Bottom line, he wasn't a good fit over at Broken Arrow for whatever reason. Got a call from Greenwood and realized he was walking into a gold mine. On the flip side, Broken Arrow has slowly began to take the place of Jenks as a football powerhouse over in Oklahoma and lost 23-22 to Tulsa Union in the Class 6A State Championship last December

While it is true that Coach Peacock is a really good coach, The program still had to be maintained.  The numbers at G have continually grown in the football program under Coach Jones.  The "Championships" run has been by Coach Jones, staff and his team.  Coach Peacock was nowhere on the field, and that is where games are won, not to mention having the full backing of the boosters, and community.    in my opinion. 

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

It seems like you guys are missing a 3-year period in there between Peacock and Jones.  I know Greenwood people don't like to talk about it.  They'll wince if you even say the name.

Regardless of what Greenwood was when Jones got there, it really is remarkable to be in 6 championship games in 8 years, and winning 5 times in those 6 chances is incredible as well.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Coach DePriest, PA on February 27, 2012, 03:19:07 pm
It seems like you guys are missing a 3-year period in there between Peacock and Jones.  I know Greenwood people don't like to talk about it.  They'll wince if you even say the name.

Regardless of what Greenwood was when Jones got there, it really is remarkable to be in 6 championship games in 8 years, and winning 5 times in those 6 chances is incredible as well.
lololololol...yep Ole Harv Welch...Coach Jones had to re-build the program after Welch left and Peacock is a good coach but nowhere in the same league as Jones. Also, Jones won a State Championship at Edmund Oklahoma and he did compete with Jenks and Union...that isn't why he left...

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 03:32:14 pm #629 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:42:12 pm by DiehardFBfan

Absolutely, it is remarkable.  I don't think perhaps Waldron should compare it's program that they have today to the program that G had back when Coach Jones did take over.  It is nothing like what has been happening to Waldron in the past 60yrs.  2yr run in the late 50's under Coach Sawyer, and 2 times in the 80's under Coach Hugh Parker, and then again 1 or 2 times under Coach R. Voss and 1 under Coach A. Rettman.  I don't think state title since the 50's.  so, little bit different circumstances.  The only comparsion I was trying to make is that they can make a really good hire and start to rebuild a program that can win if given enough community support.  Win's can make all the difference.  I was trying to tell Waldron to have hope but they got to hire a Coach 1st.(preferably 1 that has a winning record!!)

iknowmorethanu

I'm thinking that someone just needs to call the AD or maybe the superintendent and say "HEY!!! Is Waldron ever gonna hire a coach? And if so who is on the short list?" Worst they can do is not tell you! Its not like they can take away your birthday or make you work night shift. So who is going to volunteer?  ::)

DogsWin7

Quote from: iknowmorethanu on February 27, 2012, 03:46:21 pm
I'm thinking that someone just needs to call the AD or maybe the superintendent and say "HEY!!! Is Waldron ever gonna hire a coach? And if so who is on the short list?" Worst they can do is not tell you! Its not like they can take away your birthday or make you work night shift. So who is going to volunteer?  ::)
I think it should be Coach Perry since he had enough b***s to turn them down ;D

iknowmorethanu

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 27, 2012, 03:53:07 pm
Quote from: iknowmorethanu on February 27, 2012, 03:46:21 pm
I think it should be Coach Perry since he had enough b***s to turn them down ;D

Probably, but way outside the box on something that he would do. Totally out of his character.

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 04:04:07 pm #633 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:28:48 pm by DiehardFBfan
  Not only out of his character but out of a lot of Coaches character as well.   Besides there is not a school in Arkansas going to volunteer who they have interviewed especially when rehiring is being done right now.
This is usually the time Coaches are making a switch to get to bigger and better schools unless, they are at 1 they truly enjoy.

Did you come up with a name for our team? ;D

sorry for the wording, meant a lot of coaches character are like coach perry's (a good person of moral character.)

DogsWin7

February 27, 2012, 04:16:47 pm #634 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:41:38 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 27, 2012, 03:29:26 pm

lololololol...yep Ole Harv Welch...Coach Jones had to re-build the program after Welch left and Peacock is a good coach but nowhere in the same league as Jones. Also, Jones won a State Championship at Edmund Oklahoma and he did compete with Jenks and Union...that isn't why he left...

Jones left Broken Bow in 2004 I believe because he wanted his children to grow-up in a small community.  Harv Welch well was replaced.  It has nothing to do with the fact that Waldron still has yet to hire a Coach.

DogsWin7

February 28, 2012, 08:42:29 am #635 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:28:24 pm by DiehardFBfan
      Hopefully, the good coaches that are out there will not listen to PM's and rumors so to speak.  Some of the best schools I have ever been apart of was the ones that someone said "don't go there, they have no support".  I have always made decisions for myself, with a lot of prayer, and relying on the facts.  While it is true, Waldron will have a difficult road ahead, I for 1 hope that they prove that they can rise above all the negativity just to put in some of the peoples faces.  My opinion.  I will go ahead and get off my soapbox now and Thank you for the slap ahead of time.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Spring drills are coming up soon...sure would be helpful to have a coach in place at that time...and if not by then at least by two-a-days... ;D

DogsWin7

February 28, 2012, 12:42:39 pm #637 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:51:08 pm by DiehardFBfan
I'm thinking interim coach?   What is wrong with the Asst. to run drills till a coach is hired?

Surely to god, they have a coach that has interviewed that they plan on offering the job too. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 28, 2012, 11:52:00 am
Spring drills are coming up soon...sure would be helpful to have a coach in place at that time...and if not by then at least by two-a-days... ;D
dayton kitchens says spring ball is no big deal.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldman on February 28, 2012, 01:21:20 pm

I prefer a track program.

And I personally think that not having your football players run track contributes to knee injuries later.

The only spring practice I believe has any usefulness is the full contact drills.   And I believe the AAA strictly regulates those.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 28, 2012, 01:25:27 pm

And I personally think that not having your football players run track contributes to knee injuries later.

The only spring practice I believe has any usefulness is the full contact drills.   And I believe the AAA strictly regulates those.
[/b]

Really Dayton?  How many Championships have you won as Head Coach?  you better know what the AAA regulates if you are a coach.

the green moose

So Moose is gonna be lazy and skip reading all 13 pages and just ask....have they got a football coach yet??

your name here

So is that the holdup? Waldron is only going to hire a coach that has won a Championship? Narrows it down quite bit.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2012, 02:04:45 pm
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 28, 2012, 01:25:27 pm

[/b]

Really Dayton?  How many Championships have you won as Head Coach?  you better know what the AAA regulates if you are a coach.

How many have you won?

And AAA regulations and rules change yearly.   They have a two hour meeting at the Coaching Clinic every year about that very thing.

apache_alum_90

the green moose:
So Moose is gonna be lazy and skip reading all 13 pages and just ask....have they got a football coach yet??
Not yet moose but we have formed a coalition of FF experts who are going to do the coaching duties if you're interested?

DogsWin7

FF experts- called Daytons AAA threat ;D

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2012, 05:57:43 pm

What are you talking about?

DogsWin7

February 28, 2012, 06:04:10 pm #647 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:11:56 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 28, 2012, 06:01:30 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2012, 05:57:43 pm

What are you talking about?

Please Read posts #614-624 then you will be in the know. :D might read post #644 too.

quit being so serious all the time. just kidding. What would be your name for our "Coaches team"?

joefootball

Are they considering a current assistant?

abc

Dayton where do you coach ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas