• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is the most overrated team in the top ten and who should be ranked higher

Started by mossified4, January 17, 2006, 11:43:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderboys

Quote from: inyourface on January 25, 2006, 10:56:10 am
Danville is 14-4. Lost to Greenwood(AAAA), Dardanelle(#8 in AAA), Hackett (18-3), Cedarville(finals of X-mas tourn.)
Danville also has wins over Bergman by 10, #8 in class A Lockesburg by 15, Top 10 Fourche Valley by 13.
Danville also returned senior leading scorer last night in his first start since broke arm in Nov. Scored 20 in a 90-46 win over Westide. Watch out for them littlejohns.

Yeah, but if Danville has lost to Hackett and Hackett has an 18-3 record shouldn't they be thought of in the rankings before Danville?

ColonelReb

Nash Fan

Hackett is for sure a top team when they are playing well.  I don't see anyone beating them very badly.  They beat the #2 team in class A pretty good. (Fayetteville Christian)

mossified4

mountain pine is still rolling with a win last night over heated conference rival j-ville in overtime and are now 17-1 and 7-0 in conference

ColonelReb

ColonelReb

you betcha...17-1 is an achievement. not to mention undefeated in conf.

danville man

ColonelReb

ColonelReb

Wraith

I just wish I could see Bigelow play Mt. Pine for the finale of the regular season.  But the trip is around 2hrs.  :(

mossified4

mossified4

ColonelReb

shoot...that's a tough one...1- BIC 2- Mt Pine 3- Bergman 4- Hughes (regardless of losses, they are a GREAT team) 5- hackett (but i think they're slippin)

superd2312

Dont worry Mossy yall will have no problem with Bigelow, unless they have improved a ton since we played them last. Stop Evans and yall will be fine.

Wraith

No offense, but who has Mt. Pine played lately to give them comp?  It is all about flow and good teamwork and as I have seen, your conference is terrible competition besides Jessieville, who is mediocre this year compared to the past.  I think it will be a close game bc Mt. Pine will think they have it won, but it is at Pine.  So who knows.

mossified4

you would think that but we are very humble and my pick are just as yours except mp was third

wonderboys

I'm telling you Bergman is not the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AA.

wonderboys

ColonelReb

wonderboys

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on January 27, 2006, 10:46:47 am
and this is coming from someone who always supports bergman?

Born, raised, and conceived right there hills. They are playing very good ball right now apparently, and haven't lost a game since the loss to Danville on Dec. 22nd. But I just don't think that if they were to play BIC, Hughes, Altheimer, or any other school that is loaded with talent and has ANY size that the boys could hang with them.

ColonelReb

i agree with that 100%...i think that hughes, altheimer, AND bic would do a number to any body anyway

herws

These teams in the east have inferior records b/c the play better teams. No offense to them teams with good records but head to head, ECS, Bergman, Valley , and Mt. Pine wouldn't quite get it done.

ColonelReb

Wraith

Does everyone still think Eudora is overrated?  I don't even know who they play.  Valley and Bergman always have aesome records bc they rarely play elite teams.  Hughes and Altheimer have had the hardest conference playing a lot of AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA schools between them.  And they are both over .500 which would be hard for any AA school.  BIC has also played AAAAA Jonesboro and only lost by like 4.  So this tournament is gonna come down to total skill, not the records.  ECS will flop and prolly not even make it out of Regional.  Bergman, Valley, Conway St. Joseph, and Marshall are all in the same Region, so that Region will be interesting.  What 2 conferences copmprise region 6.  I know the conference of Hughes, Altheimer etc.  But who is the other one?  And also, Region 5 is mainly gonna be the depth of the North.  Bc the North is so well balanced and the South only has Mt. Pine.

ColonelReb

that region will be interesting. i think it'll be an awesome matchup and whoever wins that region will go far i believe

wonderboys

Quote from: Wraith on January 27, 2006, 11:57:26 am
Does everyone still think Eudora is overrated? I don't even know who they play. Valley and Bergman always have aesome records bc they rarely play elite teams. Hughes and Altheimer have had the hardest conference playing a lot of AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA schools between them. And they are both over .500 which would be hard for any AA school. BIC has also played AAAAA Jonesboro and only lost by like 4. So this tournament is gonna come down to total skill, not the records. ECS will flop and prolly not even make it out of Regional. Bergman, Valley, Conway St. Joseph, and Marshall are all in the same Region, so that Region will be interesting. What 2 conferences copmprise region 6. I know the conference of Hughes, Altheimer etc. But who is the other one? And also, Region 5 is mainly gonna be the depth of the North. Bc the North is so well balanced and the South only has Mt. Pine.

I think that the state tournament will be the same as usual: teams with good records that are ranked high in the polls will be put out in the first or second round by the true teams with the true size and speed that it takes to win in the State Tourney.

ColonelReb

Quote from: wonderboys on January 27, 2006, 12:06:17 pm
Quote from: Wraith on January 27, 2006, 11:57:26 am
Does everyone still think Eudora is overrated? I don't even know who they play. Valley and Bergman always have aesome records bc they rarely play elite teams. Hughes and Altheimer have had the hardest conference playing a lot of AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA schools between them. And they are both over .500 which would be hard for any AA school. BIC has also played AAAAA Jonesboro and only lost by like 4. So this tournament is gonna come down to total skill, not the records. ECS will flop and prolly not even make it out of Regional. Bergman, Valley, Conway St. Joseph, and Marshall are all in the same Region, so that Region will be interesting. What 2 conferences copmprise region 6. I know the conference of Hughes, Altheimer etc. But who is the other one? And also, Region 5 is mainly gonna be the depth of the North. Bc the North is so well balanced and the South only has Mt. Pine.

I think that the state tournament will be the same as usual: teams with good records that are ranked high in the polls will be put out in the first or second round by the true teams with the true size and speed that it takes to win in the State Tourney.
...regardless of records..

Nash Fan

I'm not sure just how good some of these teams really are.  Is Hughes healthy and have everyone playin yet.  They sure were good this summer and last year.  Are they burned out from maybe too tough of a nonconference schedule?

wonderboys

Quote from: inyourface on January 27, 2006, 12:53:54 pm
I'm not sure just how good some of these teams really are. Is Hughes healthy and have everyone playin yet. They sure were good this summer and last year. Are they burned out from maybe too tough of a nonconference schedule?

You bring up a good point inyourface. Even though many of the losses were against those big schools a loss is a loss and noone likes losing. A .500 record or so is hard for team morale.

herws

Hughes is healthy and starting to get it going. It's about time.

basketballfan00000

As much grief as I have given HERWS that schedule should pay off.  Although they played it without all their bullets I think if it is anything like BIC/Earle it will help them in the long run!!

chilly gilly

herws

Quote from: basketballfan00000 on January 27, 2006, 01:01:54 pm
As much grief as I have given HERWS that schedule should pay off. Although they played it without all their bullets I think if it is anything like BIC/Earle it will help them in the long run!!
The game against Altheimer at Hughes should tell the tale of how things are gonna play out.

wonderboys

So you're not thinking that Hughes will even make it to state this year?

wonderboys

heathwaldrop

I'll say this much. If Eudora is the legit No. 2 team in the state, then Junction City is your Class AA champion for 2006.

The Dragons beat Eudora handily this afternoon in the Dual State semifinal, making the Badgers look silly at times. I really thin that Junction City has a legit shot at winning it all this season.

By the way--and I can't stress this enough--James Anderson is without question the real deal. And he's still only a junior.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas