• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is the most overrated team in the top ten and who should be ranked higher

Started by mossified4, January 17, 2006, 11:43:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

Episcopal...... is easily the most overrated.  With their "talent" they should eb higher.  Mt. Pine has only lost 1 game and should be higher than them.  Altheimer is deservin gas they have played a tough schedule.  I have not even heard of Eudora so I don't know.  Everyone seems deserving but Episcopal should be ranked 9 or 10 if that.  I heard Earle is very good.  And Valley is still gonna be good.  Don't know about Conway St. Joseph though. 

wonderboys

Bergman, not #3 which means Valley not #8 or #9, and St. Joseph not in the top ten.

Episcopal was beaten by Marshall who is the 3rd best team in the conference with Bergman and Valley.

And as much as I think that Mossy is  :-X, I have heard that Mtn. Pine is one of the best teams that one particular teams coach has ever seen. So I would probably put them up higher.

Nash Fan

He said Mt. Pine was the best team "He" has seen this year.  Not ever...dum dum.  I would like to see the pine play.  Heard they are very athletic and have good guards.  Is this true?

mossified4

i think we have one of the most underrated players in the state in our point guard matt babb he has amazing defense and averages  points per game but is over shadowed by mcdoorman and blees hes really good and did i mention is only 5-8 and can grab rim with 2 hands

Wraith

chilly gilly

Quote from: Wraith on January 18, 2006, 12:10:46 pm
From what I hear is that Eudora got beat.... so yeah.
GO EUDORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  STILL RANKED!!!!!!!! 

givemeabreak

If Eudora is ranked at the end of the season, when ranking actually matter.... this is a SAD year for AA basketball!!!!!!

wonderboys

ColonelReb

ouch x2!
Quote from: givemeabreak on January 18, 2006, 04:57:53 pm
If Eudora is ranked at the end of the season, when ranking actually matter.... this is a SAD year for AA basketball!!!!!!

wonderboys

ColonelReb

mossified4

where do you think mountain pine should be ranked and how do you think that will change if they win their next two against cutter and j-ville

Nash Fan

Mt. Pine should stay right where they are.  You are a good team but is not known for great tradition or winning in basketball.  You do not need to be stressed by being ranked any higher.  Be happy where you are and stay hungry.  You need one goal.  Make the finals of regional.

wonderboys

chilly gilly

Quote from: givemeabreak on January 18, 2006, 04:57:53 pm
BUT ITS STILL A GOOD YEAR FOR E-TOWN BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!! Its not our fault that we are no.2! Its just a blessing for our program and our kids. We have seen many teams in the rankings, now its finally our turn! SO TODAY IS A HAPPY DAY FOR AA BASKETBALL IN EUDORA!!!! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON "GMAB"!

herws

wonderboys

Quote from: herws on January 19, 2006, 02:50:28 pm
Quote from: inyourface on January 19, 2006, 11:59:10 am
I do not care. Hughes is a top five team.
A top five team doesn't lose at Clarendon.

A top 5 team doesn't lose to Mt. Judea either, but Bergman did so that is that.

herws

You got me on that one, but Hughes is better than Valley, Bergman, and Episcopal. That just shows you have messed up the rankings are.

givemeabreak

Or at Dermott. Then start a fight  because you lost.

herws

Wraith

Hughes lost to Clarendon so not a top 10 team by record, but by talent.  I think the paper mainly goes by record and if a seeded teams beats a higher seeded team.  Like how Bergman did Valley.  ECS is not good at all for top 10. 

wonderboys

Quote from: fridaynightfan on January 19, 2006, 04:26:10 pm
Quote from: wonderboys on January 19, 2006, 03:16:26 pm

A top 5 team doesn't lose to Mt. Judea either, but Bergman did so that is that.
Bergman was without 2 starters when they played Mt. Judea the 1st time and if you look on aphsports.com you will see the return game was very much different in Bergman's favor.

Their rematch with Fayetteville Christian (who they lost to the first game of the season and is now ranked #2 in A I believe) was different as well. They played them on Homecoming and won by 13 or so, but that was after putting the subs in late in the fourth.

DuckSlayer

Hector came close to beating episcopal. tied at 3rd quarter. close game until the 4th quarter when hector ran out of gas and episcopal beat them by like 10 or so.  Definately overranked!

Nash Fan

Does anyone know anything about Eudora?  AND, who will be the other team to come out of BIC's region?

givemeabreak

Quote from: inyourface on January 24, 2006, 09:44:23 am
Does anyone know anything about Eudora? AND, who will be the other team to come out of BIC's region?

They are as athletic as they are undisciplined.  Loads of talent that will be squandered. I don't see them getting to the state tourney. They will probably win a very weak 7AA east conference, then get ousted in the second round at regionals.

Nash Fan

Sounds about right.  What about BIC's region?  Who's comin out 1 and 2?

heathwaldrop

I can't figure out how in the world that Eudora ended up ranked second in the ADG poll, particularly given the ADG's ignorance of south Arkansas. I've seen the Badgers play this year and found them to be a really typical Eudora team...nothing particularly special.

mossified4

they dont give the south much respect especialy south west does anyone know why that is

heathwaldrop

Quote from: mossified4 on January 24, 2006, 12:39:41 pm
they dont give the south much respect especialy south west does anyone know why that is

The southwest gets far more respect than the southeast does. Look at the AAAA poll. The only team from the AAAA Southeast Conference represented is Mills, which is not by a long shot actually located in the southeastern portion of the state.

The reason is ignorance, pure and simple. Not stupidity, but ignorance--in the sense that the people who are coming up with the polls are not informed adequately. They get out there and see a handful of Pulaski County schools play each week, and whichever teams play them, and that's it. They're basing the polls (as well as the so-called "All-Arkansas" teams) primarily on that. Obviously you can't put together a well-reasoned poll if you see only a very small segment of the state's teams.

chilly gilly

Quote from: givemeabreak on January 19, 2006, 04:40:47 pm

Or at Dermott. Then start a fight because you lost.
Well, if you was not @ the game, then your comment is strictly hearsay! Eudora was the one who was bombarded with plastic bottles before the game even ended! Dont blame it on Eudora GMAB IF YOU WERE NOT THERE!

chilly gilly

Quote from: heathwaldrop on January 24, 2006, 12:21:36 pm
I can't figure out how in the world that Eudora ended up ranked second in the ADG poll, particularly given the ADG's ignorance of south Arkansas. I've seen the Badgers play this year and found them to be a really typical Eudora team...nothing particularly special.
Im glad there are more "nothing particularly special teams" in other conferences that are ranked besides Eudora! Its just our turn to at least try to do something special for our fans & community.God knows we deserve it just like other teams have been previously ranked. We dont hate! we try to get what other teams have or already have! Thats all!  GO BADGERS!!!!!  GO LADY BADGERS!!!!!!!!!

wonderboys

superfan

Quote from: wonderboys on January 24, 2006, 03:18:03 pm
Quote from: inyourface on January 24, 2006, 02:26:36 pm
Who is coming out of the region with BIC????

riverside?
There are many teams that could come out of the region.

BIC is the # 1 ranked team in the state
Earle is considered by many to be a upper tier team
Riverside played bad as of late is the only AA team to beat BIC at full strength
Bay has beat Riverside twice
Maynard is going to be the north runner-up over Bay and Riverside
Turrell always seem to peak at the right time
Marmaduke played Earle really close @ Earle
Marked Tree, and EPC don't have great records,but could pull some upsets because they both have big time scorers.
Walnut Ridge has beat Riverside twice, played Bay close.

This is BY FAR the toughest region in AA. 

danville man

heathwaldrop

Quote from: chilly gilly on January 24, 2006, 02:14:45 pm
God knows we deserve it just like other teams have been previously ranked.

Then the competition at the AA level isn't very good. Hamburg isn't ranked at the AAA level and handled Eudora without much trouble over Christmas.

danville man

they beat the number 3 in AA and should of beat 8 in aaa if they wasnt stupid that game

sportsguy120

episcobal beat ark baptist by only 5 points friday and ark baptist probally would of won it if they hadnt hold on to the ball for about 3 min at the end of the game .

Nash Fan

Danville is 14-4.  Lost to Greenwood(AAAA), Dardanelle(#8 in AAA),  Hackett (18-3), Cedarville(finals of X-mas tourn.)
Danville also has wins over Bergman by 10, #8 in class A Lockesburg by 15, Top 10 Fourche Valley by 13. 
Danville also returned senior leading scorer last night in his first start since broke arm in Nov.  Scored 20 in a 90-46 win over Westide.  Watch out for them littlejohns.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas