• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Just a thought) El Dorado vs Junction City

Started by Cuzimon220getsome!, October 29, 2008, 02:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuzimon220getsome!

Now ive heard alot of people around talking about that we're pretty good but that we wouldnt stand a chance against Junction. I think we could because they dont have the stamina or speed that we have. What do you think?

canthonyEHS

I really dont know anything about Junction City except that they are always competing strongly in thier class. El Dorado probably has an advantage with personnel considering the size of the team and that they play bigger competition.

thebigshot

Junction City team from 2003 would beat El Dorado. Junction City don't rebuild, they reload every year.

dh28

what kind of thread is this eldo must of ran out of thing to say so started this

UGABall009

Quote from: dh28 on October 29, 2008, 08:10:33 pm
what kind of thread is this eldo must of ran out of thing to say so started this

No we are just tired of teams that are that small thinking they can handle us just because they run the table in 2-A ball. El Do would beat them any year no matter the record of JC. I am not saying that because JC is no good just of the fact that JC would be tired towards the second half. Our High School has more students than the whole town of Junction City that is why I don't see them ever winning.

UGABall009

Quote from: dh28 on October 29, 2008, 08:10:33 pm

Btw I think your a LH fan and they were talking about in the 2-A Board that they could beat El Do, NLR, Texarkana, and take it to the last second with yall (LH).

UGABall009

dh28

theres good teams in the smaller school i went to a small school we played both ways the bigger schools should win

Cuzimon220getsome!

Like UGA said we didnt run out of stuff to talk about but im sick of Junction running their mouth about how they could beat us if they came to our house or to the "boot" im pretty sure we could take their a#@ out! (Rhymes didnt realize that)

dh28

LH4EVER

Quote from: dh28 on October 30, 2008, 09:12:11 am
crap dont worry about it
no doubt doe sit matter. Hey dh28 you going to do anything today? W e feed the boyzs at 5 and get everything ready at 4:30  if you are free this afternoon

dh28

bleudog

October 30, 2008, 02:28:32 pm #12 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:06:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: thebigshot on October 29, 2008, 07:41:09 pm
Junction City team from 2003 would beat El Dorado. Junction City don't rebuild, they reload every year.

I'd think the '06 Dragon team would have given the '06 Wildcats a good game.

With El Dorado's improvements over the last couple of years, depth would be an issue and have El Do favored if they played in '08.

Now if the Wildcats would limit their roster to the same size as JC's, we could see if some of those big ole 'cats have what it takes to go both ways for 4 quarters.;D

xtremewildcat

Quote from: bleudog on October 30, 2008, 02:28:32 pm
Quote from: thebigshot on October 29, 2008, 07:41:09 pm

I'd think the '06 Dragon team would have given the '06 Wildcats a good game.

With El Dorado's improvements over the last couple of years, depth would be an issue and have El Do favored.

Now if the Wildcats would limit their roster to the same size as JC's, we could see if some of those big ole boys have what it takes to go both ways for 4 quarters.

Well, all this was proved a couple of Saturdays ago.
My peewee team shut out JC's team in a defensive struggle.
ED 8
JC- goose egg

bleudog

October 30, 2008, 02:40:48 pm #14 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:48:05 pm by bleudog
Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 30, 2008, 02:31:39 pm
Well, all this was proved a couple of Saturdays ago.
My peewee team shut out JC's team in a defensive struggle.
ED 8
JC- goose egg

Sorry, didn't realize Cuz started a thread about the peewee teams.   ;D

Guess that settles it then. 

That bunch sounds like a juggernaut. :o

LH and PB won't stand a chance in 6 years. ;)

Wilson

This year JC has too many playing both sides of the ball.    depth would be the key issue.    Streagth wise I think to be honest....JC would have the advantage.    JC wins the powerlifting state meet at the least every other year.....and has won the over all lift meet before.    They live and breath the weight room.....all summer long......morning and night.     That is the main reason they are do good in AA......the are just so much stronger than almost every team they play.........the scheme is what catches up with them.....dont throw the ball enough to keep a defense honest.   The 03 team would not of had a depth problem or a scheme problem......they threw the ball more than any JC team since the 80's......and had only 2 guys that played on both sides of the ball.........and they rotated so they only got so many snaps on defense.     I have not said that JC would beat Eldo this year.......I have said they would give them a game.    My main argument on that discussion we were having is that small schools beat big schools every year........not every game.....but enough to let you know it is possible.    Arkansas 5-7A schools just dont play the better small schools that often because there is nothing to prove to be honest.    In Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi they do it every year......and there are upsets every year.     

4.4-40

This year it would be a good game.    2003, however, would be quite a different story.... :)

bigeldofan

there are some 5a and 4a teams that would give eldo and the rest of the 6a all they want and then some, but there isn,t a 2a school in Arkansas that could play with a team from 5a 6a or 7a i am so tired of hearing that jc could beat us. now jc is real good but that is ridiculous to even think that they could beat eldo.

LSUTiger08

jc could not beat any eldo .....that includes not only or jv but maybe even our freshman.....i would even put the 09 class right now when there were in 8th grade over jc varsity....2a is nothing

Wilson

2A is nothing huh?   

What was the score when Eldo play Ouachita Parish High a few years ago?    Who won?     OPHS did.    That was the same year a 2A team came into the Lions Den and beat them.     Football is Football.......the number of A's by your class means nothing if your team isnt that good.    That year.....Eldo wasnt that good......Sterlington would of beat Eldo handily that year.    I find it funny how folks get caught up in the classes........especially since 6 and 7A in Arkansas is nothing more than 5A in Louisiana.    Like I said......the A's in your class only mean that more kids go to your school.......it doesnt mean that they are better football players.    Its not a magical potion that makes your invulnerable to lower class teams.     Like I have said......I think Eldo would win this year.   They appear to be making strides to get better.......the depth would be an issue.   Thats where JC would get beat.    But.....to think that they are physically stronger and faster I will call BS on.      I would put money on JC if we had a strength test and sprint test.    JC's team is full of physical freaks for a 2A team.    They dont win powerlifting meets by accident.....and they are fast.     VERY FAST.........if you took the top 10 lifters and top 10 sprinters I would go with JC....

Here is a question.......Evangel Christian from Shreveport is a AA team.....but class B team as far as attendance goes.........and OCS from Monroe is a class A team ........in my opinion both would beat Eldo.    They are big strong and fast......plus well coached.   VERY well coached.   They have innovative offenses that Eldo just doesnt see.........Evangle with the West coast spread and OCS with the Florida spread option.    The players plus the schemes would be tough for any team to overcome unless you run it yourself like Shiloh or  Springdale Harber............in fact Shiloh lost to Evangel by 40 points this year and they are 4A..........

Bottom line.........your class has nothing to do with a lower class team being able to compete with a upper class team.     Its all about how you play the game.   The only factor is depth that helps a upper team.

UGABall009

Quote from: Wilson on October 31, 2008, 06:32:41 am
2A is nothing huh?   

What was the score when Eldo play Ouachita Parish High a few years ago?    Who won?     OPHS did.    That was the same year a 2A team came into the Lions Den and beat them.     Football is Football.......the number of A's by your class means nothing if your team isnt that good.    That year.....Eldo wasnt that good......Sterlington would of beat Eldo handily that year.    I find it funny how folks get caught up in the classes........especially since 6 and 7A in Arkansas is nothing more than 5A in Louisiana.    Like I said......the A's in your class only mean that more kids go to your school.......it doesnt mean that they are better football players.    Its not a magical potion that makes your invulnerable to lower class teams.     Like I have said......I think Eldo would win this year.   They appear to be making strides to get better.......the depth would be an issue.   Thats where JC would get beat.    But.....to think that they are physically stronger and faster I will call BS on.      I would put money on JC if we had a strength test and sprint test.    JC's team is full of physical freaks for a 2A team.    They dont win powerlifting meets by accident.....and they are fast.     VERY FAST.........if you took the top 10 lifters and top 10 sprinters I would go with JC....

Here is a question.......Evangel Christian from Shreveport is a AA team.....but class B team as far as attendance goes.........and OCS from Monroe is a class A team ........in my opinion both would beat Eldo.    They are big strong and fast......plus well coached.   VERY well coached.   They have innovative offenses that Eldo just doesnt see.........Evangle with the West coast spread and OCS with the Florida spread option.    The players plus the schemes would be tough for any team to overcome unless you run it yourself like Shiloh or  Springdale Harber............in fact Shiloh lost to Evangel by 40 points this year and they are 4A..........

Bottom line.........your class has nothing to do with a lower class team being able to compete with a upper class team.     Its all about how you play the game.   The only factor is depth that helps a upper team.

Why are you talking about LA teams??? This is Arkansas...big difference.

searcysports

There are several 6A schools that would lose to Junction City (and probably badly). Searcy is one.

Cuzimon220getsome!

I know that class doesnt matter when you have talent, but i just dont think that Junction could hang with us. they pretty much have one element of the game on lock and that is run game. We have it all, we can run and pass when we need to so thats what i think puts us over them. im not making us superior to them but we have a better setup than they have. I went to watch them play Bearden last year, they 24-25 powered Bearden the whole game that wont help you win in a conference like ours...not everytime anyways.

UGABall009

Quote from: searcysports on October 31, 2008, 08:17:55 am
There are several 6A schools that would lose to Junction City (and probably badly). Searcy is one.

Searcy is not El Dorado.

arkansan121290

El Do would kick junction all over the field

luvudevils

I agree JC would lose to all the powerhouses in 6A like El dorado WM LH and PB

UGABall009

Quote from: luvudevils on October 31, 2008, 10:25:26 am
I agree JC would lose to all the powerhouses in 6A like El dorado WM LH and PB

WM, PB, LH, El Do, Jonesboro, Texarkana, LR Parkview, Jacksonville, and Mountain Home would all win I think hands down. Marion, Watson Chapel, Sheridan, and Benton would probably win too. LR Hall, JA Fair, and Searcy would still be a good matchup. +1 for the good statement above.

Wilson

Quote from: UGABall009 on October 31, 2008, 10:15:00 am
Quote from: searcysports on October 31, 2008, 08:17:55 am

Searcy is not El Dorado.

Sure Searcy is not Eldorado......but in a previous post on the AA board you said a AA team could not beat a 6 or 7A team period.....you didnt just say Eldorado.....you said AA teams cant and dont beat 6 and 7A teams.

About we are just talking about Arkansas teams and not Louisiana teams.....Football is Football.........the class structure is basicly the same expect for Arkanasa dividing 5A into 6 and 7A.........you make it sound like once you go south of the border the teams are just unbeatable if your an Arkansas team.   You really are not making a point .....just saying this is Arkansas ....it doesnt count.    Well......JC has played 2 very good Louisiana teams in the past 4 years.    One team they lost to by 3 or 4 points......the other team we beat pretty easy.    That same LA team is winning games left and right this year with the same players and playmakers they had last year.....including hanging 51 points on Sterlington last week.    They also beat Haynesville badly earlier this year .....the same Haynesville team that was beaten by 2 points on a bum call at Magnolia this year......(I think they are a 4 or 5 A team in Arkansas now arent they?)......I say bum call because my friends from Magnolia even said it was a bum call.

Either way.......you try to make it sound like they are playing a different game once you cross the border.    Football is Football.

bleudog

November 07, 2008, 04:48:12 pm #28 Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 05:04:52 pm by bleudog
Congratulations on the Wildcats' conference co-championship.

With your Pine Bluff win, Calpreps finally agrees with the rest of the world:

El Dorado (AR) 28, Junction City (AR) 24

http://calpreps.com/projections/El_Dorado_(AR).htm#Junction_City_(AR)

Good luck in the playoffs.

CLICK HERE for ADG article and phot on the Pine Bluff game.

gatecrasher

About those Louisiana schools-I would like to see El Dorado play one of those schools. Now that our program looks to be back its time to upgrade the schedule.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 07, 2008, 06:00:08 pm
About those Louisiana schools-I would like to see El Dorado play one of those schools. Now that our program looks to be back its time to upgrade the schedule.
I still don't think we are ready. I will explain at a later date GC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas