• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 Year of the Cat?

Started by devilishhog, January 01, 2007, 07:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

devilishhog

Is Har-Ber the team to beat in 07?  They are returning more starters than anyone. The Dem/Gazette has selected 4 All-Arkansas players from the Wildcats..

RDFT

Quote from: Cats Meow on January 01, 2007, 07:09:00 am
Is Har-Ber the team to beat in 07?  They are returning more starters than anyone. The Dem/Gazette has selected 4 All-Arkansas players from the Wildcats..

How bout they win at least 2 conference games before they start thinking about a state title?

SouthpawSensation

Please.... get trying to be Neil Armstrong and take a giant leap for mankind. ... This football team needs to take baby steps.
Worry about something such as a .500 season first, then work your way up to a playoff berth, a conference championship and then perhaps a state title.

Tony the Tiger

Well, they were the team to beat (for most teams) in 2006 and I suspect that they will be again in 2007.

RDFT

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on January 02, 2007, 05:33:58 pm
Well, they were the team to beat (for most teams) in 2006 and I suspect that they will be again in 2007.

Ouch.

fbhound

There is another Wildcat team out there called North Little Rock. So, 2007 could be year of that cat too! HarBer should be improved and most likely will beat Springdale and compete for a playoff spot. Springdale might be left out for a second straight year... whodathought?
Van Buren will improve even more, so the West will have 7 very good teams vying for 4 slots... should be an interesting year for sure. Even this year had 5 West 7A schools as #1 in all of 7A at one time or another. The Central 7A will have more evenly matched teams and interesting playoff runs, probably decided on last week of conference play. But Central and Bryant are the cream with all the Sophs and Jrs coming back. 4 other teams fight for the last 2 spots. Can't wait. Now it's time to hibernate for 7 months.... zzzzz zzzzz

TheReal_Deal24

har-ber will be 1st or 2nd in conference. it will come down to har-ber and southside. Har-ber will have all of it's playmakers back this year. everyone  will be faster and stronger, last years team was weak and slow. Har-ber will come out and compete and make a run at a state championship. if springdale players were smart and if they are decent they might want to transfer to har-ber.

olddog79

Quote from: 479BOYZ on January 10, 2007, 11:37:19 am
har-ber will be 1st or 2nd in conference. it will come down to har-ber and southside. Har-ber will have all of it's playmakers back this year. everyone  will be faster and stronger, last years team was weak and slow. Har-ber will come out and compete and make a run at a state championship. if springdale players were smart and if they are decent they might want to transfer to har-ber.
I'm confused...last year's weak and slow "playmakers" won't be weak and slow this year, instead they'll be faster and stronger this year...is that right?

And I didn't think players can go to Har-Ber unless they live in that district. Should they move? Do you have a realtor in mind?

TheReal_Deal24

well the playmakers on offense are walters , fohner, and there is some guy that transfered in from fayetteville today

not ray

Going to take a lot more than that to suddenly jump to the top 7A.  The team I saw play Bentonville was FAR from there.  They should get better, but they will not come close to contending for conference or state titles. 

mack

Quote from: fbhound on January 02, 2007, 09:38:40 pm
There is another Wildcat team out there called North Little Rock. So, 2007 could be year of that cat too! HarBer should be improved and most likely will beat Springdale and compete for a playoff spot. Springdale might be left out for a second straight year... whodathought?
Van Buren will improve even more, so the West will have 7 very good teams vying for 4 slots... should be an interesting year for sure. Even this year had 5 West 7A schools as #1 in all of 7A at one time or another. The Central 7A will have more evenly matched teams and interesting playoff runs, probably decided on last week of conference play. But Central and Bryant are the cream with all the Sophs and Jrs coming back. 4 other teams fight for the last 2 spots. Can't wait. Now it's time to hibernate for 7 months.... zzzzz zzzzz

I like your optimism, but I'm afraid our NLR Wildcats will be in rebuilding mode.  Losing a tough MLB and RB plus starting QB so on, so on, will make us struggle.  I see us fighting it out for 3rd. seed 7A Central as well.  I hope they prove me wrong.

HSFBF

January 10, 2007, 03:38:33 pm #11 Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:30:33 pm by HSFBF
Quote from: mack on January 10, 2007, 03:26:40 pm
I like your optimism, but I'm afraid our NLR Wildcats will be in rebuilding mode.  Losing a tough MLB and RB plus starting QB so on, so on, will make us struggle.  I see us fighting it out for 3rd. seed 7A Central as well.  I hope they prove me wrong.
But you know what? Even if NLR gets 3rd or 4th seed, do you know the ONLY 7A teams to have been to the last THREE straight playoffs? NLR, Fayetteville and the noble competitor Bryant.. NO OTHER 7A teams have been to the playoffs the past 3 years!!! So, 3rd-4th ain't bad. And, Central and Bryant do return a lot of players. NLR coaching still gets the best out of its athletes, and if not for one or two plays would have been in the Championship game. Losing RB Dunn did NOT hurt next year's chances.

TheReal_Deal24

what yeah har-ber did have a bad game against bentonville but how far did bentonville make it in the playoffs. yeah there were some many expectations for them and they blew it. har-ber contend for a conference title next year there are three teams fay SS and har-ber get ready every other team lost everyone. yes including you bentonville

not ray

January 11, 2007, 10:01:12 am #13 Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:06:59 am by S.D. Jones
Ok.  Good luck.  Not real sure what in the world Bentonville's game in the playoffs has to do with Har-ber's outlook, but then again sometimes the noobs on the board say some pretty silly things.  So I will attribute your thoughts to that.  Welcome to the board.

mack

Quote from: HSFBF on January 10, 2007, 03:38:33 pm
Quote from: mack on January 10, 2007, 03:26:40 pm
But you know what? Even if NLR gets 3rd or 4th seed, do you know the ONLY 7A teams to have been to the last THREE straight playoffs? NLR, Fayetteville and the noble competitor Bryant.. NO OTHER 7A teams have been to the playoffs the past 3 years!!! So, 3rd-4th ain't bad. And, Central and Bryant do return a lot of players. NLR coaching still gets the best out of its athletes, and if not for one or two plays would have been in the Championship game. Losing RB Dunn did NOT hurt next year's chances.

I do not disagree with anything you said.  Unfortunately, I am by nature a "glass half empty" kind of guy.  I have hopes that we will be competitive.  Could not agree more that Dunn leaving is better for the overall attitude of our Wildcats.  For his sake, I hope Coach Cox can make a difference in his behavior.  He is a fine athlete.

key_stone12

Hopefully, Her-Ber won't have to deal with a 40% completion percentage from their QB. The kid moving in later this year will help a lot. He's proved he's a great player, and will help a lot.

TheReal_Deal24

key_stone12

Have u not heard about the kid moving in from Texas? 

Come on Teal.

On the Move

Har-Ber has many areas to hit on in the off season.  Way to soon to know how much they benefit from the weight room.  They will be a better team in the 2007 season, but spring will tell how much the weight room helps.  To say we will be in the play off's??  Way to early to make that statement.  Let's leave it at much improved!

TheReal_Deal24

i wil be happy if they get a kid from texas they need a QB reall bad. hopefuly that kid can hit my boy in stride steven walters thats the playmaker right there

On the Move

Let's just hope Walter's comes back and does as good as before his season ending injury.

key_stone12

If they get a QB, I don't think anyone in the state with be able to keep up with Walters and Fohner on the outside.

olddog79

Quote from: key_stone12 on January 12, 2007, 10:29:57 am
If they get a QB, I don't think anyone in the state with be able to keep up with Walters and Fohner on the outside.
I heard Fohner may not play next year. Might be just a rumor though.

key_stone12

As far as I know it's just a rumor. If only the kid could stay healthy.

TheReal_Deal24

he's playing for sure walters and fohner both got invited to a nike combine in lousiana

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: 479BOYZ on January 12, 2007, 01:28:16 pm
he's playing for sure walters and fohner both got invited to a nike combine in lousiana
No, I think that was actually a soybean combine, summer job.

TheReal_Deal24

whatever dude your trash your terrible at football wait you probably don't even play get out of here and off of your bentonville tigers jock

not ray

Tony the Tiger is a Central fan.  Welcome to the site noob.  One thing you might want to do is include some punctuation in your posts.  It really helps your argument when you don't look like  a couple idiot when it comes to grammar.

devilishhog

The difference........ Last year Har-Ber had 4 players max with varsity experience... In '07 they'll have 22 starters on the field with a year's worth of varsity experience. This in the toughest conference in the state.

What other 7A team can match that? 

Youth, that was the biggest problem for this team last year.  Experience at every position will be the reason they will be among the best in '07.

RGP

Quote from: 479BOYZ on January 13, 2007, 11:54:49 am
whatever dude your trash your terrible at football wait you probably don't even play get out of here and off of your bentonville tigers jock
In English, Please.
Quote from: Cats Meow on January 13, 2007, 01:00:27 pm
The difference........ Last year Har-Ber had 4 players max with varsity experience... In '07 they'll have 22 starters on the field with a year's worth of varsity experience. This in the toughest conference in the state.

What other 7A team can match that? 

Youth, that was the biggest problem for this team last year.  Experience at every position will be the reason they will be among the best in '07.

This will sound very mean, but I'm just being brutally honest. The thing is, yes Har-Ber is returning 22 starters, but not a lot of those 22 starters were very good to start with...just because you have a year's worth of experience doesn't make you an all-star. It can help with maturity but when you lose by 20 in every game it doesn't help too much more than that...

key_stone12

It wasn't that the starters didn't have talent. They all have talent, or Springdale schools wouldn't have have won 3 straight Jr High. titles. I know Jr. High success doesn't translate over, but the talent does. There were a lot of injuries, and they showed their talent, beating Lawton McArthur. But push them to the back of your mind. Forget about them. That's what they want.

not ray

It is kind of like the old coach at McCrory Joe Hart once said.  He was returning all his starters from a 0-10 team.  When asked about it by a reporter and the prospects of returning so many starters.  Hart said,  "You have to be kidding me, they lost all 10 this year.  Do you really think it is going to get that much better in just a year"?  It takes time to build a state title contender.  It took Gus 4 years and one of the best groups of players ever to make it.  Does anyone really believe Har-ber will be as good as Springdale was in Mitch's junior year when they did not even make the semi-finals?  It takes time to win, and Har-ber may get better and so may Van Buren, but when you are that far behind it takes time to catch up.  The others are already ahead and they are working just as hard if not harder to keep their places.  Don't be like all the other new people that show up here and make all the proclomations about the greatness of their team.  It just is not that easy.  I have seen it for a long time and not once has it come to fruition from the upstarts.

devilishhog

Har-Ber Isn't returning 22 starters... They will be Starting 22 players w/7A varsity experience in '07.  It wasn't a matter of talent last year..... When your playing primarily Sophomores and Juniors Vs Senior and Junior ladden teams, experience is a major factor.
W/experience mistakes go away and execution is what will be the difference.
That is not a talent issue.....

Placing 4 Underclass players on the All-Arkansas team = no talent?

"Don't be like all the other new people that show up here and make all the proclamations about the greatness of their team.  It just is not that easy."

No one said it would be easy............

The question was basically: Who else is returning that kind of talent and experience? Anyone in the 7A west?

RGP

Quote from: key_stone12 on January 13, 2007, 01:53:52 pm
It wasn't that the starters didn't have talent. They all have talent, or Springdale schools wouldn't have have won 3 straight Jr High. titles. I know Jr. High success doesn't translate over, but the talent does. There were a lot of injuries, and they showed their talent, beating Lawton McArthur. But push them to the back of your mind. Forget about them. That's what they want.
Yeah, and this year's Alma seniors had only lost single digit games from the seventh grade on...They didn't even make the playoffs this year...

Travis1

Quote from: 479BOYZ on January 10, 2007, 11:37:19 am
WHAT PLAYMAKERS ARE YOU SO GUNG HO ABOUT??Transfer to Harbor!! Why would a Bulldog wanta be a Wildcat?? Bite your tongue!!! You are all saying that Springdale isn't going to have a good team because seniors graduate?? I hate to tell you but it happens every year!! The Bulldogs will have Upton recieveing and Sizemore will be QB those two are winners!!!! Either one of them touches the Football and A TD could be seconds away!!Plus all the other Jrs. are also Winners!!Keep hipeing up the Wildcats they will need all the Help they can get when the Bulldogs play em next year !!! THE BULLDOGS ARE PLAY OFF BOUND NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!

devilishhog

On the Move

On the Move

That's just Teal, but he loves his Wildcats.  He was a great cheerleader on and off the field.

TheReal_Deal24

ok might be playing next year Petey boy at University of Central Oklahoma. wow you didn't know that did you. so from now on if you don't know the facts probably wouldn't comment.

TheReal_Deal24

so mr. english teacher what does so down and drink some water mean??? because i have no clue. good luck to your purple dogs and the rest of there year man. hope they make the playoffs and i'm being serious.

Smithian

Hey, Teal, talk trash on here when you finally tackle a Southside. I think Southside's sophomore RBs combined for WELL over 200+ yards.

TheReal_Deal24

so a corner is suppose to stop the run wow hahah. well that shows how much you know about football. i'm pretty sure i caught both of your RB's from the other side of the field before they scored. oh wait what did i do in that game. um.. tried to throw it on me got picked off they didn't score a touchdown on my side threw the air. no one did this year except for bentonville once thats it man. wow i guess i had a terrible season.

key_stone12

Teal had a great season, and had a crushing hit on a kid from Southside. It's not his fault that he had to make so many tackles at the second level. However, when needed he did.

Smithian

Quote from: 479BOYZ on January 22, 2007, 08:21:31 pm
so a corner is suppose to stop the run wow hahah. well that shows how much you know about football. i'm pretty sure i caught both of your RB's from the other side of the field before they scored. oh wait what did i do in that game. um.. tried to throw it on me got picked off they didn't score a touchdown on my side threw the air. no one did this year except for bentonville once thats it man. wow i guess i had a terrible season.
Wow. I lied, you had a great game; http://southsidehighschoolfootball.com/Game8SS.swf  ::) If only it was closer.

I still think that was a TD(considering after the play it was obvious pretty much his whole body was in the endzone).

Plus, I remember atleast one outside toss for a TD... And that was by Southside's "other" RB.

Seriously, though, stop talking 110% of time. You're a fine players, but all you do on here is insult other teams.

On the Move

Say what you want, but Teal did have a great season.  Teal has been since coming to Har-Ber been outstanding cheerleader on the sidelines for his teammates, classmates and school.  That's more than most players on here do for their schools.  Har-Ber season may not of been as good as the rest.  But how many of your teams truly player with only 7 seniors.  in which 3 maybe 4 saw the field the whole time.  The rest of your team made up with jouniors and maybe 4 or 5 Sophmores.  Set back and take a different look at it.  I don't recall anyone from Har-Ber say that we were winning state or making play off's that first year.  So smear someone that had the guts as a senior, to help out their school.  Just remember this is a school that underclassmen still out number the seniors.  How many of you could do it just ask yourselves that questions.  Teal is a great team leader and player.

not ray

I think we are going to need a Har-Ber to English dictionary if this thread continues.

On the Move

Sorry I did misspell, I typed without having my first cup of coffee.  I promise to pay better attention!

not ray

Actually your spelling was not all that bad. 

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: fbhound on January 02, 2007, 09:38:40 pm
There is another Wildcat team out there called North Little Rock. So, 2007 could be year of that cat too!

I agree, I hope it's the Year of the Cat in 3A. ;D

Smithian

Quote from: har on January 23, 2007, 10:44:06 pm
Say what you want, but Teal did have a great season.  Teal has been since coming to Har-Ber been outstanding cheerleader on the sidelines for his teammates, classmates and school.  That's more than most players on here do for their schools.  Har-Ber season may not of been as good as the rest.  But how many of your teams truly player with only 7 seniors.  in which 3 maybe 4 saw the field the whole time.  The rest of your team made up with jouniors and maybe 4 or 5 Sophmores.  Set back and take a different look at it.  I don't recall anyone from Har-Ber say that we were winning state or making play off's that first year.  So smear someone that had the guts as a senior, to help out their school.  Just remember this is a school that underclassmen still out number the seniors.  How many of you could do it just ask yourselves that questions.  Teal is a great team leader and player.
I can do it for the fact alone he bragged about causing a neck injury to a player that forced him to go to the hospital.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas