• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*****NEWS FLASH*****"dj" WINS******COX OUT!!!...........

Started by Baitshop, November 14, 2006, 02:12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

"In a hastily called press conference this morning at Little Rock Central, Tiger fan "dj", flanked by the LRISD administration and other disgruntled fans, announced that Coach Bernie Cox time was up as the coach at LRC and he was being relieved of his duties.......

Spokesman "dj" stated that "Coach Cox has been passed up by the game and it is time for one of the 'young guys' to take over and breath life into the fading program.......

Mr. "dj" went on to say that the type of mediocrity achieved by Cox over the last few years was unacceptable, and that someone else was needed to bring the Tigers back to statewide prominence.......

Cox was 39-6 in the last 4 years with 2 (two) State Championships and had just completed an undefeated 10-0 record this season. However, the Tigers lost a nailbiter with Fort Smith Southside 7-3  this past Friday in Round 1 of the 7A state playoffs. The Tigers were without there top offensive threat Clay. And even though they held a Rebel team (that had beaten the Central conferences #2 and #4 seed by a combined 75-17), to a season low 225 total yards, unfortunately, they still lost the game on a blocked punt that was recovered by Southside for the winning touchdown with only 4 minutes left in the game.

Mr "dj" and the other disgruntled fans said "This is enough, we cannot allow a man like Coach Cox to decimate and shame a proud program such as Central any longer. A change in leadership is needed.......if not demanded"

In other news.........in a phone call made to Coach Cox 15 minutes after his firing by Mr. "dj".......and the LRISD administration, Coach Cox was offered and accepted an $80,000 offer from the Alma Airdale administration.  In addition to the substantial raise that Coach Cox received, the Airdale Nation also guaranteed the coach "one of the best facilities in the state....regardless of classification, a beautiful area to live in, a FULL HOUSE EVERY Friday night",

And to close the deal, a restraining order against Mr. "dj".....

Tony the Tiger

LOL, looks like you are getting the most out of that Greenwood education!

jeebus

Thats just great, simply priceless, clap for you mister.

mudslog

The Little Rock Administration could careless about football.  Without Central, Little Rock would be a cesspool of pathetic teams (private schools excluded). 

crosseyed

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mudslog on November 14, 2006, 05:19:36 pm
The Little Rock Administration could careless about football.  Without Central, Little Rock would be a cesspool of pathetic teams (private schools excluded). 
Nice use of careless....

mack

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 15, 2006, 02:06:33 pm
Nice use of careless....

It was a careless post, that one could care less about.

Majique™

The Little Rock Administration could careless about football. 
They COULD care less or they COULDN'T care less...big difference ya know.

Baitshop

Quote from: Majique™ on November 15, 2006, 03:08:58 pm

The single most misused statement in the English language

mack

Quote from: baitshop on November 15, 2006, 03:21:25 pm

#2 is "The West is best";-)

Baitshop

mack

Quote from: baitshop on November 15, 2006, 03:29:23 pm
Surely, Mack, you don't disagree....... ;D ;D

You wound me to the bone.  Unfortunately, the numbers have darkly documented it to be so. lol

Baitshop

Hey mack, keep your head up............this could be the year that the Central turns it all around!!!!..............eh?..........neh, nevermind.......it ain't gonna happen.......put your head back down......... :D ;) :P  LOL

mack

Quote from: baitshop on November 15, 2006, 03:48:18 pm
Hey mack, keep your head up............this could be the year that the Central turns it all around!!!!..............eh?..........neh, nevermind.......it ain't gonna happen.......put your head back down......... :D ;) :P  LOL

Ah, but last week I went to New Orleans and bought a mojo hand, a monkey bone and some etoufee.  I drew a pentagram on the floor and laid everything except the etoufee inside[ate that], and made a pact with dark forces.  If we win against SS, I have to pay the ultimate price though.  I must move to NW Arkansas.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mack on November 15, 2006, 03:25:46 pm
Quote from: baitshop on November 15, 2006, 03:21:25 pm

#2 is "The West is best";-)
That is another Lizard King line...

Baitshop

"made a pact with the dark forces".......Man, tell me you are not in cahoots with "dj'??......... :o :o

I hate to tell you mack, but you didn't have to go all the way to New Orleans to get that stuff....If you live in an "urbanly blighted" area like I do, you can get ALL that stuff from a dude out back of the Popeyes chicken place here in town.... ::) ::)

But I have good news for you....IF you do win against SS and have to move to NWA and end up rooting for one of us NWA snobs....you will hardly ever have to worry about losing again....... :D :D

mack

Quote from: baitshop on November 15, 2006, 04:14:44 pm
"made a pact with the dark forces".......Man, tell me you are not in cahoots with "dj'??......... :o :o

I hate to tell you mack, but you didn't have to go all the way to New Orleans to get that stuff....If you live in an "urbanly blighted" area like I do, you can get ALL that stuff from a dude out back of the Popeyes chicken place here in town.... ::) ::)

Aaaaargggghhhhh!

But I have good news for you....IF you do win against SS and have to move to NWA and end up rooting for one of us NWA snobs....you will hardly ever have to worry about losing again....... :D :D

hornet2

Central should have passed more since they had Cole, but Cox is of the mindset that if he is ahead he is going to beat you with his defense. He should told the Punter if he did not get his kick off then take a safety. Central would have won 3-2 if that had happened.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: hornet2 on November 16, 2006, 09:25:02 am
Central should have passed more since they had Cole, but Cox is of the mindset that if he is ahead he is going to beat you with his defense. He should told the Punter if he did not get his kick off then take a safety. Central would have won 3-2 if that had happened.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

hornet2

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 16, 2006, 09:27:50 am

Ohio State had the last person to win the Heisman Trophy two years in a row. Archie Griffin was unstoppable and Woody Hays knew that. Therefore, Ohio State would get a lead on a team and Woody Hays would go conservative. Against Michigan State, Ohio State had a small lead but with 1 minute left Mich St got a punt return for  a td and Ohio State got the ball back down by 4 pts. 3 passes later Ohio State had the ball at the Mich St  2 yard line and then Woody decided to run it and the Mich State players would not get off the pile and the last 25 seconds ticked off the clock and Mich St won. Central is very much the same kind of team. They stick with the run even if you have 8 men in the box if they are ahead and when they have to pass then they will kill you since you still have to respect the run. Didn't Central move right down the field with the pass at the end of the game?

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: hornet2 on November 16, 2006, 09:36:51 am
Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 16, 2006, 09:27:50 am

Ohio State had the last person to win the Heisman Trophy two years in a row. Archie Griffin was unstoppable and Woody Hays knew that. Therefore, Ohio State would get a lead on a team and Woody Hays would go conservative. Against Michigan State, Ohio State had a small lead but with 1 minute left Mich St got a punt return for  a td and Ohio State got the ball back down by 4 pts. 3 passes later Ohio State had the ball at the Mich St  2 yard line and then Woody decided to run it and the Mich State players would not get off the pile and the last 25 seconds ticked off the clock and Mich St won. Central is very much the same kind of team. They stick with the run even if you have 8 men in the box if they are ahead and when they have to pass then they will kill you since you still have to respect the run. Didn't Central move right down the field with the pass at the end of the game?
Hard to argue with 49-11, 2 State Championships and 4 conference titles in the last 5 years.

btownfan

wow i fell sorry for central high

looks like they lost a great coach

im sure alma will be a great team now....

as for dj stop whining ur team was no wear near as good as they were in 04 u just had good coaching this year............

Baitshop

Quote from: btownfan on November 16, 2006, 10:16:48 am

as for dj stop whining ur team was no wear near as good as they were in 04 u just had good coaching this year............

Tug!!!!!..........

Hook now set!!!..........

Begin reeling in!!!!!.........

Feels like a really big................(are you ready?).............HORNET!!..........

Whew!!............48 hours...........thats a long time to wait for a "bite".....................

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: baitshop on November 16, 2006, 10:33:15 am
Quote from: btownfan on November 16, 2006, 10:16:48 am

Tug!!!!!..........

Hook now set!!!..........

Begin reeling in!!!!!.........

Feels like a really big................(are you ready?).............HORNET!!..........

Whew!!............48 hours...........thats a long time to wait for a "bite".....................
If it's a trout you may have just de-lipped it! You must be a bassmaster....

Baitshop

Yeah.......sometimes I get a little excited when I get a little "nibble on my hook"......... :o ;D :o ;D

dj

Quote from: baitshop on November 14, 2006, 02:12:31 pm
"In a hastily called press conference this morning at Little Rock Central, Tiger fan "dj", flanked by the LRISD administration and other disgruntled fans, announced that Coach Bernie Cox time was up as the coach at LRC and he was being relieved of his duties.......

Spokesman "dj" stated that "Coach Cox has been passed up by the game and it is time for one of the 'young guys' to take over and breath life into the fading program.......

Mr. "dj" went on to say that the type of mediocrity achieved by Cox over the last few years was unacceptable, and that someone else was needed to bring the Tigers back to statewide prominence.......

Cox was 39-6 in the last 4 years with 2 (two) State Championships and had just completed an undefeated 10-0 record this season. However, the Tigers lost a nailbiter with Fort Smith Southside 7-3  this past Friday in Round 1 of the 7A state playoffs. The Tigers were without there top offensive threat Clay. And even though they held a Rebel team (that had beaten the Central conferences #2 and #4 seed by a combined 75-17), to a season low 225 total yards, unfortunately, they still lost the game on a blocked punt that was recovered by Southside for the winning touchdown with only 4 minutes left in the game.

Mr "dj" and the other disgruntled fans said "This is enough, we cannot allow a man like Coach Cox to decimate and shame a proud program such as Central any longer. A change in leadership is needed.......if not demanded"

In other news.........in a phone call made to Coach Cox 15 minutes after his firing by Mr. "dj".......and the LRISD administration, Coach Cox was offered and accepted an $80,000 offer from the Alma Airdale administration.  In addition to the substantial raise that Coach Cox received, the Airdale Nation also guaranteed the coach "one of the best facilities in the state....regardless of classification, a beautiful area to live in, a FULL HOUSE EVERY Friday night",

I don't endorse this message! Bottom Line I still respect Coach Cox the man as he is a wonderful person. I cheered on and support Houston Nutt! People said I was psycho when I left the Arkansas USC game and said they could easily finish 12-1 due the the play of the defense,which got tired. I saw the fire in those guys eyes that they could play with anyone. Arkansas was outcoached in that game and of course the couldn't overcome turnovers. USC they made adjustments. All I have ever said about coach cox is the play calling is outdated and yes if you don't remodel or update,then you always come up short and that is the cause. Im more upset due to the years of have more talent then the last few teams the titles we didn't win at Central due to the game plan against team we had a competitive advantage against. I know football very well. The game play was garbage,and we lost. Things like kicking the ball out the end zone should have to happen. You call plays to get your team a first down so they don't have to put out the shadow of their own end zone going into the wind! What is wrong with that. Its the playoffs your at home,3 and long you haven't run the option all year and when you ran it,you lose 5 yards. 8 men in the box all night. You change the offense the last poession of the game and out of the 229 total yards offense you get 72 of those yards in 5 plays. I guess Im stupid for noticing that.

Baitshop

Quote from: dj on November 17, 2006, 10:01:16 pm
Quote from: baitshop on November 14, 2006, 02:12:31 pm

I don't endorse this message! Bottom Line I still respect Coach Cox the man as he is a wonderful person. I cheered on and support Houston Nutt! People said I was psycho when I left the Arkansas USC game and said they could easily finish 12-1 due the the play of the defense,which got tired. I saw the fire in those guys eyes that they could play with anyone. Arkansas was outcoached in that game and of course the couldn't overcome turnovers. USC they made adjustments. All I have ever said about coach cox is the play calling is outdated and yes if you don't remodel or update,then you always come up short and that is the cause. Im more upset due to the years of have more talent then the last few teams the titles we didn't win at Central due to the game plan against team we had a competitive advantage against. I know football very well. The game play was garbage,and we lost. Things like kicking the ball out the end zone should have to happen. You call plays to get your team a first down so they don't have to put out the shadow of their own end zone going into the wind! What is wrong with that. Its the playoffs your at home,3 and long you haven't run the option all year and when you ran it,you lose 5 yards. 8 men in the box all night. You change the offense the last poession of the game and out of the 229 total yards offense you get 72 of those yards in 5 plays. I guess Im stupid  for noticing that.

Your last sentence was the ONLY thing that I think we can all agree on.............

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas