• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

..question

Started by Kristy101, October 15, 2006, 04:36:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristy101

what do you think will happen once WM gets an upset? Do you think the other team will be like ''well we beat the number 1 team in 6a so we going to state? So what do you think? Who will it be if anyone?

thebigshot

People are going laugh at me when I say this and prolly get a few slaps.  No I'm not on crack because of what I'm about to say.  I think If El Dorado goes 5-2 in conference they will get the 4th seed. They will play West Memphis in the 1st round, and I think El Dorado can beat them.  El Dorado got the 4th seed in 2004 and beat the #1 seed out of the East, and it could happen again.

There is always a big upset in the playoffs.

powerlifter90

NOBODY...................... NOBODY............... in the South can hang with West Memphis.  Heck I doubt if anyone can hang with Marion, Jonesboro, or Jacksonville.

thebigshot

We will see when playoffs gets here.

powerlifter90

Depending on who plays Texarkana, it could be an all East final 4.  Other than Tex, nobody from the South will "finesse" their way past the first round.

thebigshot

Keep running your mouth about the South.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 08:32:44 pm

How many East teams have you seen?

I've seen 3 teams from the south.

thebigshot

Quote from: J2653 on October 15, 2006, 08:35:05 pm

Does that many anything ? Just beause you seen 3 south teams play your going sit here and judge them over one game ? Judging three teams over one game don't mean anything.  There is three seasons in high school football non-conference season, conference season, and playoff season.

Non-conference gets you ready for conference.

Conference games gets you ready for the playoffs.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 08:42:44 pm

Does that many anything ? Just beause you seen 3 south teams play your going sit here and judge them over one game ? Judging three teams over one game don't mean anything.  There is three seasons in high school football, non-conference season, conference season, and playoff season.

I see, I guess that means the answer from you... is probably zero.

Nice try, attempting to turn this around and completely avoiding the question at hand.

You defend your position with zero perspective.  I have perspective (although limited, which you highlighted) and use it as a justification of my position.

That is what makes your comments incoherent ramblings, and Bugeaters and J2653's comments justified.

thebigshot

October 15, 2006, 08:46:47 pm #9 Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:48:49 pm by TheBigShot
Quote from: J2653 on October 15, 2006, 08:43:42 pm
Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 08:42:44 pm

Does that many anything ? Just beause you seen 3 south teams play your going sit here and judge them over one game ? Judging three teams over one game don't mean anything.  There is three seasons in high school football, non-conference season, conference season, and playoff season.

I see, I guess that means the answer from you... is probably zero.

Nice try, attempting to turn this around and completely avoiding the question at hand.

I dont give a darn about the east teams. I will worry about them when the playoffs gets here.

Your going sit here and judge three south teams over one game. Do it,  I want you to beacuse when playoffs gets here your going be like they are a different team than when I seen them before.

Sylvan Hills overlooked El Dorado in 2004. They thought they were going ran all over them. Look what happen, El Dorado beat them.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 08:46:47 pm
Your going sit here and judge three south teams over one game. Do it,  I want you to beacuse when playoffs gets here your going be like they are a different team than when I seen them before.

South teams are the only teams that get better during the season?

hogsfan41

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 04:41:24 pm
People are going laugh at me when I say this and prolly get a few slaps.  No I'm not on crack because of what I'm about to say.  I think If El Dorado goes 5-2 in conference they will get the 4th seed. They will play West Memphis in the 1st round, and I think El Dorado can beat them.  El Dorado got the 4th seed in 2004 and beat the #1 seed out of the East, and it could happen again.

You definately haven't watched West Memphis play making that statement.  I PROMISE you that El Dorado WILL NOT upset West Memphis.  I as well could see an all east final four with the exception of texarkana, who definately could be there.  We'll see when playoff time gets here, but I'm telling you, don't get your hopes up there bigshot.

thebigshot

Quote from: hogsfan41 on October 15, 2006, 09:39:11 pm

You definately haven't watched West Memphis play making that statement.  I PROMISE you that El Dorado WILL NOT upset West Memphis.  I as well could see an all east final four with the exception of texarkana, who definately could be there.  We'll see when playoff time gets here, but I'm telling you, don't get your hopes up there bigshot.

Ok, I don't care what you think.

I'm going say this, any team can be beat on a any giving night. Its not going be an East final four.

You must think West Memphis is going be all this and that because they went to the state championship three years in a row and lost each time ? They are nothing to me. They can be beat, thats a promise. They will get beat this year again, like it or not.

Raven

BigSho, we know you can cut and paste.  Save some space for the rest of us.

thebigshot

Quote from: Raven on October 15, 2006, 10:24:55 pm
BigSho, we know you can cut and paste.  Save some space for the rest of us.

Go screw yourself

Raven

BigSho has issues!!  Look Ole Raven up if we play ya.  I'm just what you need!!
I'm bout to head back to the "Big Sand Box" and I need a little warm up.  See ya.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!

thebigshot

Didn't El Doraado beat yall in 2001 ? I believe we did !! HA HA !!!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 11:16:19 pm

Weren't you the number one seed, while we were the number 4 seed?  You were predicted to win by 21.

Wasn't the game taken to the very last play of the game.  Weren't there some interesting officiating calls?

thebigshot

Quote from: J2653 on October 15, 2006, 11:18:56 pm

Weren't you the number one seed, while we were the number 4 seed?  You were predicted to win by 21.

Wasn't the game taken to the very last play of the game.  Weren't there some interesting officiating calls?

If you did your research good enough we were #2 not #1 and they didn't pick us to win by 21. It was by 14

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 11:22:46 pm
Quote from: J2653 on October 15, 2006, 11:18:56 pm

If you did your research good enough we were #2 not #1 and they didn't pick us to win by 21. It was by 14

Question marks, usually mean someone is asking a question.  Not providing an answer.

dotson

Could you be more specific about the interesting officiating calls? I remember the game well and wonder what it is that you are remembering.

hogsfan41

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 10:12:33 pm

I'm going say this, any team can be beat on a any giving night. Its not going be an East final four.

You must think West Memphis is going be all this and that because they went to the state championship three years in a row and lost each time ? They are nothing to me. They can be beat, thats a promise. They will get beat this year again, like it or not.

No the reason I think this is because I've played against west memphis, and know how good they really are.  If you would look at the signature at the bottom of my post, you know I'm not a WM fan by any means.   West Memphis is as good as advertised, and Jonesboro held them to 7 points if that tells you anything.  The top 3 out of the east (In my opinion, will be WM, JHS, and Marion) will be very very good come playoff time.  The 4th seed wont be bad either, which will be jax or mh.  I'm telling you, believe what you want, but the east is pretty dang good this year.

thebigshot

So is this South, not just the East.

powerlifter90

Quote from: hogsfan41 on October 16, 2006, 09:27:44 am
Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 10:12:33 pm

No the reason I think this is because I've played against west memphis, and know how good they really are.  If you would look at the signature at the bottom of my post, you know I'm not a WM fan by any means.   West Memphis is as good as advertised, and Jonesboro held them to 7 points if that tells you anything.  The top 3 out of the east (In my opinion, will be WM, JHS, and Marion) will be very very good come playoff time.  The 4th seed wont be bad either, which will be jax or mh.  I'm telling you, believe what you want, but the east is pretty dang good this year.

I'm thinking IF Jax gets by FC, they will end up 1st or 3rd.  Right now they are playing so darn inconsistent I don't know what the heck to say.  They look good, then they look like crap.  Against SH and SHS, they showed glimpses of greatness, that everyone expected from them to start the year.  The East is very tight, and spots 2-4 will probably be decided by tie breakers.   If they lose to FC, chances are they won't even make the po's.  If they beat FC, and somehow get by WM then they will be the #1 seed.  If they beat FC, and lose to WM, they are 3rd, and if they then lose to Marn look at 4th.  BUT, they must beat FC.  In the South it's Texarkana's to lose, then LH, and who knows after that, but 3rd and 4th might as well be Parkview and Hall bc they'll get smoked.

hogsfan41

I agree with you 100% bugs about it might as well be parkview or hall...  Not saying that the South is weak or nothing, but I don't think they are even close to as big as most of the teams from the East.  I just don't think they can hang with the power running teams of the East.  Just my opinion though...

RazorbackFan

Ok west memphis got shutout by central 21-0
Texarkana lost to Central in the last minute of the game 14-7
we even threw 6 interecptions and still played a  good defensive game
Texarkana Beat NLR 17-0
Texarkana lost to Texas High 38-14
West Memphis would probally lose to them by a big margin too
Texarkana played 2 good 7A schools shutone out and lost by 7 to the other one...

Texarkana will be one tough team to handle when playoffs roll around..

powerlifter90

Texarkana is a very good team when the are 100%, but they are the only team from the South that can hang with anyone from the East. 

Kristy101

aint i sick of hearing that response!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: RazorbackFan on October 16, 2006, 05:35:46 pm
Texarkana Beat NLR 17-0
Texarkana played 2 good 7A schools shutone out and lost by 7 to the other one...

it goes against every fiber of my being to say this because i can't stand to see ths do well,  but, i think they could beat any 6A team in arkansas and probably most of the  7A teams.

SingleWingGuru

Texarkana Beat NLR 17-0

Did you even watch the West Memphis game?

The reason why they lost is because they didn't even have their starting QB playin in the game.  The QB position resulted in something lik 5 turnovers.

Even given a short field of under 50 most of the time, West Memphis held Central to 21.

thebigshot

Quote from: J2653 on October 16, 2006, 06:50:04 pm
Texarkana Beat NLR 17-0

The reason why they lost is because they didn't even have their starting QB playin in the game.  The QB position resulted in something lik 5 turnovers.

Even given a short field of under 50 most of the time, West Memphis held Central to 21.

Nobody in the south gives a darn about West Memphis. If you look at the numbers good enough you would see Texarkana held LR Central to 14 points. It came down the the final seconds for somebody to score a touchdown. West Memphis gave up 21 points and didn't even score. It didn't get out of hand like the West Memphis and LR Central game.  :o

When a south team wins the state championship this year. All you east guys are going to bow down to the south.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 16, 2006, 07:01:36 pm
Quote from: J2653 on October 16, 2006, 06:50:04 pm
Texarkana Beat NLR 17-0

Nobody in the south gives a darn about West Memphis. If you look at the numbers good enough you would see Texarkana held LR Central to 14 points. It came down the the final seconds for somebody to score a touchdown. West Memphis gave up 21 points and didn't even score. It didn't get out of hand like the West Memphis and LR Central game.  :o

When a south team wins the state championship this year. All you east guys are going to bow down to the south.

The only south team that has a chance of a championship is Texarkana.

Once again, your best comeback is saying you don't care about the east.

If West Memphis can give the ball back to Central well in there territory five times, i'm not too worried about how they will compete come playoff time.

Not caring, like you and the other south fans have said, will lead to trouble.  The number two team from your conference got completely spanked by Jax.  That should petrify you.

Texarkana won a rivalry game against a reeling Texas High, Lost to a 7A school, and have whipped the teams they were supposed to.  Not a shock.

thebigshot

Overlook the south conference all you want. We can hang with any team in the East. We will see when playoffs gets here.

hogsfan41

I was excluding Texarkana when talking about the south... Oh and bigshot, you'll give a darn about them when they run you into the ground.  The only team that has a good shot at winning the title is Texarkana.  Period.

thebigshot

O ok !!!

Overlook El Dorado all you want. The teams that overlook El Dorado will get beat.

The only thing West Memphis can win is the Runner-Up.

JvilleDevils

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 16, 2006, 07:12:03 pm
O ok !!!

Overlook El Dorado all you want. The teams that overlook El Dorado will get beat.

The only thing West Memphis can win is the Runner-Up.

Runner up to whom?

xtremewildcat

WM is not as good as people think they are. They have several flaws that can be exploited. ED has the talent to defeat anyone in the 6A. However, we have serous problems in other areas. To give you an example, we have a kid that was the sophomore player of the year last year that was benched for another kid that the people that call themselves coaches are trying to make a QB. If these people that call themselves coaches, wake up and make some changes, we could be a very good team.

powerlifter90

Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 17, 2006, 05:03:30 am
WM is not as good as people think they are. They have several flaws that can be exploited. ED has the talent to defeat anyone in the 6A. However, we have serous problems in other areas. To give you an example, we have a kid that was the sophomore player of the year last year that was benched for another kid that the people that call themselves coaches are trying to make a QB. If these people that call themselves coaches, wake up and make some changes, we could be a very good team.

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 17, 2006, 06:56:01 am

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.

He's an El Dorado fan that has never even seen the Devils.  He's probably not the best person to ask.

hogsfan41

JS hit the nail on the head

fastdrop

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.
passing defense....and wm can not pass for nuttin....Jax. could bring it home if the Jax,, QB has a great game...tell him to forget about his gf for a week and get ready for wm....it could be a memory he would remember the rest of his life

biggboy

despite wat many of u may think wm is going to win tha east this year not sure how everything else will fall b/c its just to early to b sure but west memphis should have #1 seed in the P/Os and it sounds like tex  is going to take it in the south guess we will jus have to wait and see

thebigshot

Quote from: J2653 on October 17, 2006, 12:25:58 pm

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.

He's an El Dorado fan that has never even seen the Devils.  He's probably not the best person to ask.

By the way he is right West Memphis is not that good as some people think they are. You can sit here and say they are good because they made it to the state championship 3 years in a row. That don't mean jack, it don't mean they are going go all the way this year because they been there 3 years in a row.

West Memphis will get beat this year like it or not.  They are going overlook somebody and and who ever they are playing is going beat the dog pi$$ out of them.

powerlifter90

I don't know if WM will get beat or not.  But, you have to give them credit for being in the SC game the last 3 years against some of the best teams to ever come out of Ark. 

Last year when they were down to "almighty" Springdale by ........ what was it 21 or something half way through the 1st quarter they could have given up and didn't.  that tells you what kind of kids play there and the quality of the coaches.   

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 17, 2006, 04:15:06 pm

By the way he is right West Memphis is not that good as some people think they are. You can sit here and say they are good because they made it to the state championship 3 years in a row. That don't mean jack, it don't mean they are going go all the way this year because they been there 3 years in a row.

West Memphis will get beat this year like it or not.  They are going overlook somebody and and who ever they are playing is going beat the dog pi$$ out of them.

More useless ramblings, from someone who hasn't EVEN SEEN THE DEVILS THIS YEAR.

I've never said they were immortal, or even insinuated it.  Of COURSE THEY HAVE weaknesses.

I could care less where they have been in the past, I just KNOW how they are this year.  That's what matters last time I checked.

hogsfan41

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 17, 2006, 04:15:06 pm

Just keep thinkin that. Keep worrying about how they aren't any good, and let either them or another team from the east whoop the south.  I'm not saying WM can't be beat or are immortal, but for gosh sakes, you've not seen them play this year.  If your backing ElDo, thats good and well, but get ready to be beat once playoff time rolls around.

thebigshot

Whats so great about West Memphis ?! Oh yeah they lost the state championship 3 years in a row, and people think they are the $h*t. They are not good as some people think they are.

I know this was the past and everything but look...

Week 1
Little Rock Central(H) 21, West Memphis(A) 8

2003 State Championship
2003 14 Little Rock Central(H) 28, West Memphis(A) 17

I know this is the past but,

El Dorado went 3-7 in 2003, we played LR Central. Their offense couldn't score on our defense. The way they got their points was field goal and we were about to score at the 4 yard line and it was 2mins left in the game. Our QB fumble the ball and they returned it for a touchdown. Game was out of reach final score 10-0

Just by looking at those games LR Central just ran right over West Memphis.

El Dorado had a better defense than West Memphis.

lets see what else

2004:
Week 1
Little Rock Central(A) 38, West Memphis(H) 0

state championship.
2004 14 Little Rock Central(H) 41, West Memphis(A) 7

West Memphis didn't have a defense if they did they would have did a better job.

I know I haven't seen West Memphis play this year in person. I have seen three tapes on them this year and they dont look that great as everybody says they are.

If West Memphis was to play Bryant they would get their @$$ kicked.

GoldenLion30

Good example of how the east is better than the south.

LH for sure #2 in the south conference maybe #1, got man handled by Jax a team in the east that has a shot of not even making the play-offs.

powerlifter90

West Memphis may not be that good........... yeah right, but they sure as heck are better than ElDorado.  I don't care if they lost 3 straight SC's or not, at least they were there.  Where was most of the people from Eldo that night?  Chasing their cousins, cooking meth, and sitting at home with no clue of how to even get to the SC game.

xtremewildcat

I may not be the best person to ask, but here goes. Oh, by the way I am from Helena, and I am good friends with a couple of the coaches. Here is where I think WM can be defeated. Their passing defense is very poor. They cover that up by having a good pass rush. I don't know which corner it is, but one of them can be thrown on every play. They play single coverage with them, which makes it easy for a good passing team to kill them.  Defensively, I would put eight in the box and force WM to pass the ball at least one time per series. They are a horrendous passing team this year. Were as last year they were just poor at passing. I would stunt my LB every play to take out the aggressive play of the QB. If you are successful doing that, WM can be defeated easily.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas