• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

underdog team

Started by jaxLB53, May 30, 2006, 10:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxLB53

what underdog team will make a surprising impact in 6A?

Dat Chedda

powerlifter90

I would say Searcy, b/c they only won 1 last year, but I don't see them winning any more than 4 this year.

Marion could be a contender and you have to consider them an under dog b/c they are moving up. 

jaxLB53

PATRIOTPLAYER54

WBF †

marion cuz they're moving up...but with all the head I've been hearing, they seem to be good?

SingleWingGuru

Mountain Home is and always will be the underdog.

1.  Isolated.

2.  Short players.

3.  Small players.

4.  Small school.

5.  Losing Tradition.

6.  All white (not trying to start a race discussion)

7.  Has to make the longest trips.

8.  (Until recently) Mediocre facilities.

9.  Only one feeder junior high.

10.  Retirement community.

11.  No "burners" on the team.

12.  Large coach turnover.

13.  Lack of pee wee and pop warner programs.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on May 31, 2006, 03:09:42 pm

1. Isolated.

2. Short players.

3. Small players.

4. Small school.

5. Losing Tradition.

6. All white (not trying to start a race discussion)

7. Has to make the longest trips.

8. (Until recently) Mediocre facilities.

9. Only one feeder junior high.

10. Retirement community.

11. No "burners" on the team.

12. Large coach turnover.

13. Lack of pee wee and pop warner programs.

dont even go with MH as an underdog, played that game way too long......   MH is the "new" Cabot

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 31, 2006, 11:06:27 pm
Quote from: Jeremy2653 on May 31, 2006, 03:09:42 pm

1. Isolated.

2. Short players.

3. Small players.

4. Small school.

5. Losing Tradition.

6. All white (not trying to start a race discussion)

7. Has to make the longest trips.

8. (Until recently) Mediocre facilities.

9. Only one feeder junior high.

10. Retirement community.

11. No "burners" on the team.

12. Large coach turnover.

13. Lack of pee wee and pop warner programs.

dont even go with MH as an underdog, played that game way too long...... MH is the "new" Cabot

you wish... cabot is huge compared to mountain home.... cabot throws money at the program... cabot has a winning tradition... cabot has two junior highs that feed into it and play each other...

JvilleDevils

We have one junior high and no money....=P

mhhsjd4

Mountain Home wouldn't be the underdog team this year because they weren't bad last year. In order to be the underdog team you've got to overcome what you did last year, and they could win conference champs instead of runner ups. Anyway, Searcy would be a good example of an underdog team becuase how much worse could they do? Lose them all? Very unlikely to happen. Those 13 point thingies were good, but after last year they aren't going to coverup for us anymore. We have started something and we need to prove ourselves that it wasn't just a one year thing. We shouldn't try and use excuses to get us anywhere we're not.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: mhhsjd4 on June 01, 2006, 06:35:52 pm
Mountain Home wouldn't be the underdog team this year because they weren't bad last year. In order to be the underdog team you've got to overcome what you did last year, and they could win conference champs instead of runner ups. Anyway, Searcy would be a good example of an underdog team becuase how much worse could they do? Lose them all? Very unlikely to happen. Those 13 point thingies were good, but after last year they aren't going to coverup for us anymore. We have started something and we need to prove ourselves that it wasn't just a one year thing. We shouldn't try and use excuses to get us anywhere we're not.

First, searcy is a bad example.  Mountain Home has never beaten searcy and it will only be a matter of time before someone brings that up now.

I do not view being an underdog as how many wins you had the year before.  More importantly i think it is how much the odds are stacked against you.  And as far as i'm concerned they are against Mountain Home moreso than any other team in the 6A East.

It is hardly an excuse to realize your teams weaknesses.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

WELL THEM IN THAT CASE MARION.

retiredlion05

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on June 02, 2006, 02:56:48 pm

I do not view being an underdog as how many wins you had the year before. More importantly i think it is how much the odds are stacked against you. And as far as i'm concerned they are against Mountain Home moreso than any other team in the 6A East.

I respectively disagree.  How can you say that the odds are more so stacked against Mtn. Home than Searcy?  Searcy has a new coach, no size and no clear game plan, along with a lack of an offensive scheme.  At least, Mtn. Home has an experienced coach (or one that's been there for a number of years), probably more size and as much speed as Searcy and a strong/effective game plan.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

IF IT IS HOW THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU THEN IT IS MARION.

1.MOVING UP

2.HATERS

3.LOCATION(TRAVELING DISTANCE)

4.PAST

5.NO JUNIOR HIGH TALENT

6.SMALLEST SCHOOL IN 6A

BGFBPLAYER

yea but with marion you have to include
1. big delta boys
2. fast delta boys
3. strong delta boys
4. and you aren't much farther than west memphis

BGFBPLAYER

MH on the other hand has nothing no one else has.
every other team in the conference has someone faster stronger and bigger. probably quite a few players that are bigger faster and stronger than our best player

MightyMouse

BGFBPLAYER, you are right about most in Marion, except, when Marion gets some good athletes, well lets say that "R" word takes from them now since the coach has built a weight program and some descent size.  Still, there's no true talent coming up for another 2 years due to the Jr. high coach being removed by the Jr. high school principal.  That will hurt what had gotten them this far in 4 years, being consistent from Jr. to SR. high.  Plus, they are adding soccor this year or next, tennis, and so many sports that they can't get the large numbers that the top 32 schools can.  I know the coaches are giving it 200 % and won't give up regardless of the Jr. high situation, b/c Coach Campbell in Wynne is facing the same thing.  Alot of kids now are one sport athletes, so they have the ability to play football and be very good, but for being afraid of injuries, won't come out and take an easier sport to play.  It's hitting alot of schools right now.  Marion will do very well this year, there are no surprises, the line is back, QB is back from playing most of that year, the big hoss RB is back, receivers, including one that is being sought after by all SEC teams, so they don't have alot of holes in the starters, maybe depth and inexperience at the back up players, and that's about it.  But only 4 home games, Rogers on the road, several LR schools, so distance is as great  for them as MH, except for the WM/Marion game.  MH and Marion will be doing the most traveling this season, that could affect them both at the end.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MightyMouse on June 10, 2006, 10:58:39 pmBut only 4 home games,

It doesn't always sink a team.

Wynne only had four reg season home games in 2004, and still managed to win state.

2nd to none

Paragould had 7 home games in 05, didn't manage to win one.

Sigh...

...my lowered standards.

biggboy

when u say tha word underdog marion has to cum to mind b/c it has sumthin 2 prove it has no tradition and look who we have rite next door WM talk about intemadation but we have been tha underdogs and like it in that position

SHbluestar

INTIMIDATION!!! lol SOME PEEPLE LIKE WRITIN' IN ALL CAPS I TELL YOU WHAT. I hope people uses that spell check button before they post lol

JvilleDevils

Quote from: SHbluestar on July 05, 2006, 02:54:52 am
INTIMIDATION!!! lol SOME PEEPLE LIKE WRITIN' IN ALL CAPS I TELL YOU WHAT. I hope people uses that spell check button before they post lol

Yea that spell check is something else, O and by the way, it's PEOPLE not PEEPLE practice what you preach.

SHbluestar

I actually did that purpose.... WOW! Don't you feel like an idiot lol Don't do me I got a 3.5 gpa and I'm going to graduate with honors.

JvilleDevils

O you did it on purpose, why didn't I think of that and your like the most overrated player in Arkansas but hey, at least your rated.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

DF#1

Patriotplaya, please lay off the caps...it tends to get very annoying and hard to read.

And if you are talking about underrated teams as much as I hate to say it Marion is very underrated heading up to 6A. No one seems to give them respect for making the State Playoffs and playing a competitive game in the 2nd round of the playoffs against the Bulldogs. Marion is a team that is returning a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. They will be a great them this year but whether they make the playoffs is a question. This will be the toughest competition they've ever went against and whether they will step up to the challenge is yet to be seen.

But they are certainly the underdog team and a team that will be very unappreciated. They will surprise some teams.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

The last time i posted in all caps was about a good month ago tom.and for once i agree with someone from west memphis .

SHbluestar

Patriotplayer54 is my homeboy and if he wanna post in caps he can

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas