• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis Football

Started by w ballers, April 09, 2014, 10:43:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2014, 09:43:18 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 24, 2014, 09:20:56 am
Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2014, 08:41:51 am
new coach will be marcus haddock.
are you sure?
nope just an opinion. would bet that one of the two of us will be looking for a coach real soon.
me too

Mr_Deb

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on April 23, 2014, 06:43:54 am
This could make or break this program. Talent, Attendence , and Wins depend on this hire. And a Coach who will throw it like every team you see on TV right up the road in Marion gives players other options.  I don't know who to choose and I'm glad I dont have to. Go Devils!!!!

With marn getting the spread I tend to agree.

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 23, 2014, 12:32:07 am
I notice you italicized "wonder" in that sentence.

That MUST mean that WMHS is going to promote from within and hire Coach Dewayne Streits fresh out of Wonder Junior High as its next coach.

I'm a great detective.

Not quite haha Mr. Streits is probably infected with the wingt bug himself just like the others!

Iron Owl

I truly hope you all convince Coach D not to hire a Wing T coach.  I wanna keep ours!

Iron Owl

I hope you are wrong Oldman...

Jimbo Morphis

cuckoobird

w ballers

GotInfo?

Very surprised that these are the only guys being interviewed. I know several coaches from across the state that applied and didn't even get a call. Just really surprised...

cuckoobird

Quote from: GotInfo? on April 25, 2014, 11:52:53 am
Very surprised that these are the only guys being interviewed. I know several coaches from across the state that applied and didn't even get a call. Just really surprised...
maybe they aren't very good

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 25, 2014, 11:54:14 am

Nah, WM made some finals several years ago.   ;D

cuckoobird

ricepig

cuckoobird

No sir. Thats why i hope marcus gets it

Idoknow

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2014, 12:25:56 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 25, 2014, 12:22:37 pm
I meant the coaches

Y'all run the dead offense at Stuttgart?
Elmore runs the spread, was asst. at Greenwood. Won two State Champioships, one at Glen Rose one at Stuttgart, plus Elmore and Lanny worked to gather at Barton under Frank!

Jacketman65

I meant the coaches

The offense at Stuttgart was pretty dead last year as compared to others.

cuckoobird

It was still better than clinton has ever had

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Iron Owl on April 25, 2014, 12:49:17 am
I truly hope you all convince Coach D not to hire a Wing T coach.  I wanna keep ours!

scrimmage bville and get back to us....

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2014, 12:21:40 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 25, 2014, 11:54:14 am

Nah, WM made some finals several years ago.   ;D

T-E-"I"-A-M there.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Idoknow on April 25, 2014, 12:46:20 pm
I meant the coaches

Elmore runs the spread, was asst. at Greenwood. Won two State Champioships, one at Glen Rose one at Stuttgart, plus Elmore and Lanny worked to gather at Barton under Frank!
I believe they played baseball together at tech too

GotInfo?

Elmore and Haddock interviewing I don't have problems with. Just surprised a few others didn't get a look. I know of 2 that applied that have won titles and I figured they would at least get interviews.

A little surprised if Haddock does get it. Good coach, just thought WM was wanting to get away from wing t

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 25, 2014, 01:06:39 pm
I meant the coaches

pretty sure lanny went to harding.

JohnBarleycorn

I've heard that it will be announced on Monday.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on April 25, 2014, 01:35:33 pm
I meant the coaches

hmmmm well maybe it's someone else who is in admin there that played ball with him at tech.

Idoknow

Quote from: Oldman on April 25, 2014, 01:35:33 pm
I meant the coaches

Played Fb. at Harding.

Iron Owl

Both good coaches. Can't blame either one for wanting to move up.  Haddack is a coach and teacher that I have been impressed by.  I would hate to lose him.  I truly think the Owls are gonna make a deep run next season.  Don't  know what a shake up will do...

ricepig

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on April 25, 2014, 01:38:26 pm
I've heard that it will be announced on Monday.

Tuesday or Thursday, per Lanny.

MarionBlueDevil

MarionBlueDevil

ricepig

notsofast

I meant the coaches

Nope. Jon Collins (Superintendent) and Elmore played baseball together at Tech.  Both played for Dale Harpenau.  Who, by the way, was a great guy and coach.  Coach Haddock is a great coach and an even better person, but I think that WM needs to get away from the wing-t.  Change it up a little and get the many available athletes in space to make plays.  I will say this.  Haddock will/would do fine at WM.  He would be a safe hire that would not require much adjustments.  However, I do believe that a complete change in philosophy is necessary to breathe new life into the program.  The safe, easy, hire would be to go with the new athletic director's choice (Haddock). The hire that would make a splash and would bring some excitement to the program would be the superintendent's choice (Elmore).  Frankly, I can't believe that there are not more people that are being considered.

WMWRECKINGCREW

Quote from: notsofast on April 25, 2014, 11:18:39 pm
I meant the coaches

Nope. Jon Collins (Superintendent) and Elmore played baseball together at Tech.  Both played for Dale Harpenau.  Who, by the way, was a great guy and coach.  Coach Haddock is a great coach and an even better person, but I think that WM needs to get away from the wing-t.  Change it up a little and get the many available athletes in space to make plays.  I will say this.  Haddock will/would do fine at WM.  He would be a safe hire that would not require much adjustments.  However, I do believe that a complete change in philosophy is necessary to breathe new life into the program.  The safe, easy, hire would be to go with the new athletic director's choice (Haddock). The hire that would make a splash and would bring some excitement to the program would be the superintendent's choice (Elmore).  Frankly, I can't believe that there are not more people that are being considered.

Fans and kids are already fraustrated. No one is winning(basketball, football, baseball, track or soccer). Jr high and Sr high. Safe is not what we need. We need a new hope from 7th grade all the way up. I WILL SUPPORT whoever we get but I have a opinion. And safe is not it.

Pantherdaddy

Mr_Deb

Billy Dawson didn't make the cut

Mr_Deb

For the record I don't think the wingT is a bad offense to have it's just the way they have ran it over the years that has killed us. When ran to perfection I think it's just as effective as any other.

The reason why Lanny had the initial success he did early on is because of him distributing the ball around to different RBs more. Oswalt did the same at West Jr. the touches between the RBs were even at the end of the night he also passed a bit more than either Lanny or Moore. If it's ran like the Delaware wingT with a developed pass game it's gives you a chance.

WM does something like the deadT,double wing/wingT with a 90-95% run philosophy lol hardly any tight end play or wingman receiving going on, every now and then WR gets a bone. It can be a different offense then, so just to clear that up.

AirWarren

So it's up to Haddock and Elmore?

Iknewthemwhen

Billy Elmore would be a good choice and probably is the front runner.  I think it's his job if he wants it.   Don't think Billy Dawson really applied although he would be great at WM.  Haddock would be OK but like so many others with the Wing T, would he open it up?  With the current superintendents background, college with Elmore, was on Grafton Moore's staff and coached the Wing T,  I'm sure they knew who would be interviewed, who would likely be offered before the job came open.  Still nothing is final until someone is offered and accepts.

Mr_Deb

total look at the program I think billy elmore would be the way to go.

Iron Owl

Quote from: devil_kid on April 27, 2014, 08:51:57 am
total look at the program I think billy elmore would be the way to go.
me too!

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Iron Owl

Quote from: Oldman on April 28, 2014, 08:51:54 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 28, 2014, 06:25:29 am
Too bad
is it official?
I was just told that there is nothing to report yet Oldman.  But I'm sure someone on the inside knows.  I think I would have been better off not knowing about any of this until it was done...

cuckoobird

Quote from: Iron Owl on April 28, 2014, 09:08:00 am
Too bad
is it official?
I was just told that there is nothing to report yet Oldman.  But I'm sure someone on the inside knows.  I think I would have been better off not knowing about any of this until it was done...
Who will be the new mcgehee coach?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 28, 2014, 09:34:45 am
Quote from: Iron Owl on April 28, 2014, 09:08:00 am
Too bad
is it official?
Who will be the new mcgehee coach?
i have no idea.

Jacketman65

WM#1fanman

April 28, 2014, 01:19:02 pm #144 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:46:08 pm by WM#1fanman
I have known Haddock since my son played for him in 2003 he helped Coach West Memphis to the State Championship Game in 2003, 2004 and 2005. He turned the McGehee program around and was named Coach of the year in 2011 with McGehee. He coaches boys to men with a whole lot of Football in between. West Memphis is about to show the state that we are coming back. 7A West beware. Sure hope Haddock is part of that!       

Iron Owl

Quote from: WM#1fanman on April 28, 2014, 01:19:02 pm
I have known Haddock since my son played for him in 2003 he helped Coach West Memphis to the State Championship Game in 2003, 2004 and 2005. He turned the McGehee program around and was named Coach of the year in 2011 with McGehee. He coaches boys to men with a whole lot of Football in between. West Memphis is about to show the state the we are coming back. 7A West beware. Sure hope Haddock is part of that!       
You speak the truth about Haddack my friend.  ANY program that has him at the helm will a a strong program, with young men that will be dedicated and want to contribute.  People who do not want him because of his offensive philosophy are in the dark, IMO.  I for one, do not want to lose him.  If we do, u will be getting a helluva coach...

Iron Owl

And in your accolades, I would like to add that they also won it all while at Mcgehee in 98' and 99'

ricepig

I have known Haddock since my son played for him in 2003 he helped Coach West Memphis to the State Championship Game in 2003, 2004 and 2005. He turned the McGehee program around and was named Coach of the year in 2011 with McGehee. He coaches boys to men with a whole lot of Football in between. West Memphis is about to show the state that we are coming back. 7A West beware. Sure hope Haddock is part of that!       

Are you saying Lanny wasn't doing this?

Iron Owl

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2014, 02:47:19 pm

Are you saying Lanny wasn't doing this?
I'm not saying that at all.  But the acorn doesn't fall from the tree.  From what I know, coach D was Haddack's mentor, and Haddack turned the McGehee program around after his return as head coach, and has them on the fringe of glory once again.  And beyond his coaching ability, I have personally witnessed how he teaches boys to become young men, and instills values that any parent would be proud of.  He prepares week end and week out like no other I have seen. 

WM#1fanman

I have seen this quality in Haddock and I know that Haddock was a student of Coach D and a good student. I know that Coach Haddock is a good Christian man that has an act for molding young adults into men and as you know most of the kids wont go on to play in the NFL, but will learn lessons on the field from Haddock that will carry them through life. I have been in the locker room and listened to the Haddock pre-game talk and heck it made me want to go out on the field and play my heart out.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas