• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Broken Arrow) B-b-b-bennie vs. the jets, part II (the wrath of the jets)

Started by OPoraquê, September 07, 2013, 09:25:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 14, 2013, 12:04:18 am
The offensive play calling was pathetic, And if the noob that was making the calls wants to blame it on the players or their execution shame on you twice. Because you will look like a fool next week if you call plays like it's a Jr high school game again.

Careful. That "noob" is half your age and still solid muscle...

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 14, 2013, 07:14:17 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on September 14, 2013, 12:04:18 am
The offensive play calling was pathetic, And if the noob that was making the calls wants to blame it on the players or their execution shame on you twice. Because you will look like a fool next week if you call plays like it's a Jr high school game again.

Careful. That "noob" is half your age and still solid muscle...
LOL- yeah probably wouldn't say that too loud around him. He's still a Noob right now.

Razorback Red

Quote from: OPoraquê on September 14, 2013, 09:28:44 am
Razorback Red, it was, as I mentioned, a bit troubling to me when in an article this summer one of our current o-linemen took a subtle jab at last year's o-line, which only helped beat two reigning state champions.

I hope the young man who said that has learned a lesson in humility, and doesn't have to learn any more before it's too late.

(BTW, Billyo, my condolences on Rockhurst.  I saw last week that East St. Louis had been clobbered by a Chicago-area team.  Had a bad feeling about what that might bode for RHS (and us).  Saw RHS didn't fare too well last night, either.   :(  This just may be one of those years.)

The group of guys I sit with every game were all talking during last nights game about how good TW was (sorry Billy but TW is the best Tiger back ever and I've seen them all over the past 30 years).  We have quality backs this year, but that guy just made yards when they weren't there.  I think we as fans got spoiled in the fact that TW just put the game on his shoulder and moved the chains.  He always made 2 to 4 yards after the first hit. 

HK is doing a great job, and getting DS back will help a lot.  I expect the ground game to improve next week.

Billyo62

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 14, 2013, 10:27:19 pm
Razorback Red, it was, as I mentioned, a bit troubling to me when in an article this summer one of our current o-linemen took a subtle jab at last year's o-line, which only helped beat two reigning state champions.

I hope the young man who said that has learned a lesson in humility, and doesn't have to learn any more before it's too late.

(BTW, Billyo, my condolences on Rockhurst.  I saw last week that East St. Louis had been clobbered by a Chicago-area team.  Had a bad feeling about what that might bode for RHS (and us).  Saw RHS didn't fare too well last night, either.   :(  This just may be one of those years.)

The group of guys I sit with every game were all talking during last nights game about how good TW was (sorry Billy but TW is the best Tiger back ever and I've seen them all over the past 30 years).  We have quality backs this year, but that guy just made yards when they weren't there.  I think we as fans got spoiled in the fact that TW just put the game on his shoulder and moved the chains.  He always made 2 to 4 yards after the first hit. 

HK is doing a great job, and getting DS back will help a lot.  I expect the ground game to improve next week.
TW was indeed awesome and didn't get the blocking that AB did and AB only ran the ball 1 year.

2bhsboys

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 15, 2013, 09:55:28 am

TW was indeed awesome and didn't get the blocking that AB did and AB only ran the ball 1 year.

Everyone has to remember TW also played with 2 1000yd rec and a 3000+ qb. No one could load up on the run or the would pay. It wasn't until his senior year that he was asked to carrier a the team. And yes he carriers them his senior yr.

Billyo62

Quote from: 2bhsboys on September 15, 2013, 01:00:32 pm

Everyone has to remember TW also played with 2 1000yd rec and a 3000+ qb. No one could load up on the run or the would pay. It wasn't until his senior year that he was asked to carrier a the team. And yes he carriers them his senior yr.
Exactly, but when AB ran for 2,500+ yards his senior year we had no passing game at all and everyone we played knew he was getting the ball on almost every play.

TigerDad2013

I love TW, both as a person and a player, but keep in mind, his production decreased every year from Soph to Senior.  And his senior season, the ENTIRE offense was about him.  There were other weapons on the 2012 team that were under used. He got a lot of TDs on short yardage situations created by another offensive player. Look it up.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: TigerDad2013 on September 16, 2013, 01:28:54 am

I love TW, both as a person and a player, but keep in mind, his production decreased every year from Soph to Senior.  And his senior season, the ENTIRE offense was about him.  There were other weapons on the 2012 team that were under used. He got a lot of TDs on short yardage situations created by another offensive player. Look it up.
For a counterpoint though, TW didn't play a full game in half of those games as the games got way out of hand. Who knows how much yardage he could have had with more playing time.

TigerDad2013

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on September 16, 2013, 12:21:16 pm
Quote from: TigerDad2013 on September 16, 2013, 01:28:54 am

For a counterpoint though, TW didn't play a full game in half of those games as the games got way out of hand. Who knows how much yardage he could have had with more playing time.
I completely agree.  My point is that other offensive starters could have had higher stats as well.  TW's senior season was all about getting him an SEC offer at the expense of other players getting college looks.

Razorback Red

AB and TW were both great Tigers.  We'll just leave it at that.

I am a Tiger fan, have been all my life.  I do not have children in HS yet, so I think I have a very non-biased opinion of the program.

Why would we not ride TW?  We have the best coach in the state, one of the best in the history of AR HS football, why would we question him?

He used TW just like the Cowboys used Emmitt.  You put the ball in the hands of your best player.  Doing this opened up the passing game.  RD was a solid HS QB, but he didn't have the arm that DH had, so we had to be a run first team last year. 

TW prob could of had at least another 600 or 800 yards had we not won most games by the mercy rule. 

Same as when AB was here.  You put the ball in his hands more than anyone else.  When you can gain 4 to 6 yds a carry, why pass more than you have to.  Just like what CBB is doing on the Hill this year. 

TigerDad2013

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 17, 2013, 08:58:25 pm
AB and TW were both great Tigers.  We'll just leave it at that.

I am a Tiger fan, have been all my life.  I do not have children in HS yet, so I think I have a very non-biased opinion of the program.

Why would we not ride TW?  We have the best coach in the state, one of the best in the history of AR HS football, why would we question him?

He used TW just like the Cowboys used Emmitt.  You put the ball in the hands of your best player.  Doing this opened up the passing game.  RD was a solid HS QB, but he didn't have the arm that DH had, so we had to be a run first team last year. 

TW prob could of had at least another 600 or 800 yards had we not won most games by the mercy rule. 

Same as when AB was here.  You put the ball in his hands more than anyone else.  When you can gain 4 to 6 yds a carry, why pass more than you have to.  Just like what CBB is doing on the Hill this year.

I'm not arguing the point about TW's greatness.  I started watching him in the 8th grade, the first year he played football.  He was an absolute beast.  Reese and Dallas were a lot closer than people think.  Dallas threw a better deep ball, but Reese was just as effective 20 yds and in. I'm just saying we had more weapons than we showed last year, especially in the SC game when TW ran for 60 yards.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas