• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alliance of American Football?

Started by Coach9586, January 10, 2019, 08:44:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach9586

Thoughts on having a "pro" team around Arkansas? Did a bit of research on the AAF seems like it could be a good thing if it is successful. The team closest to Arkansas is the Memphis Express and former Razorback Drew Morgan is on the team.

OB11

Quote from: Coach9586 on January 10, 2019, 08:44:06 pm
Thoughts on having a "pro" team around Arkansas? Did a bit of research on the AAF seems like it could be a good thing if it is successful. The team closest to Arkansas is the Memphis Express and former Razorback Drew Morgan is on the team.

They used an interesting way of filling rosters. I think they did it regionally. So the college players that are from schools in the region around Memphis will play for Memphis and on down the line. Good way to create interest for fans close to the teams.

Coach9586

Quote from: OB11 on January 24, 2019, 12:27:23 pm
They used an interesting way of filling rosters. I think they did it regionally. So the college players that are from schools in the region around Memphis will play for Memphis and on down the line. Good way to create interest for fans close to the teams.

Yes that is how they got their players. But they did a qb only "draft" so that each team could get a decent qb. Austin Allen plays for the team in San Antonio.

Mulerider4Life

Longfellow

So this league has some pretty big names attached to it. Bill Polian, Troy Polamolu, Hines Ward, Steve Spurrier, Jeff Fisher, Mike Singletary all involved with the league. May be worth checking out

Coach9586

bleudog

Mulerider4Life

How are they broadcasting two games on the same network at the same time?

bleudog

February 08, 2019, 03:47:16 pm #8 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:09:15 am by bleudog
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 08, 2019, 01:58:28 pm
How are they broadcasting two games on the same network at the same time?

I would assume the same way Fox does multiple NFL games on Sunday at noon and again at three thirty, regionally.

bleudog

Quote from: Coach9586 on January 10, 2019, 08:44:06 pm

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/7/14/17569312/alliance-of-american-football-chooses-unique-method-of-filling-the-rosters-g5-college-ncaa-cfb-fcs

Longfellow

The debut went pretty good I would say. QB and OL play was pretty bad but they beat the NBA in ratings. I really liked it and hope it sticks

FoxandHound34

Yea I enjoyed it. Orlando and Arizona both came out slinging and put a lot of points up, and Birmingham defense looked really good yesterday against Memphis

Longfellow

I just couldn't believe Steve Spurrier wore a real hat instead of a visor

VHSCoach2

Well...

This league shut its doors today. Hopefully the XFL can fare better in 2020.

Coach9586

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 02, 2019, 11:53:12 pm
Well...

This league shut its doors today. Hopefully the XFL can fare better in 2020.

It was entertaining while it lasted. Watched it every weekend now we really have to wait until August for football.

VHSCoach2

I did as well. As a Falcons fan, I rooted for the Atlanta Legends. Perhaps Vince McMahon will soak up this league and the players for the XFL in 2020.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas