• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 8-2A

Started by SOUTHARK99, May 25, 2018, 04:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the 2nd place team behind JC

PC
Hampton
Bearden
Fordyce

SOUTHARK99

JC has to be the preseason #1
Fordyce only lost to Hampton by 1 last year and played a freshman at QB
Hampton has the talent to be in the one spot but no leadership
PC
Bearden
Strong
Woodlawn

SOUTHARK99

Anyone see Hampton's Spring game today I think they played Magnet Cove?

The_Wesson_Blessin

1 - JC

2 - Fordyce

3 - Hampton

4 - Bearden (if Cox is hired)

5 -  PC

6 - Strong

7 - Whoever folds later in the year

8 - Whoever folds first

;D ;D

HG Hornet

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on May 26, 2018, 05:01:16 pm
1 - JC

2 - Fordyce

3 - Hampton

4 - Bearden (if Cox is hired)

5 -  PC

6 - Strong

7 - Whoever folds later in the year

8 - Whoever folds first

;D ;D
Pretty accurately done.

Delta_Bravo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 25, 2018, 04:33:24 pm
Anyone see Hampton's Spring game today I think they played Magnet Cove?

I went to the team camp. Woodlawn, Poyen, and MC came to Hampton. Hampton really had their way with all the teams. MC had a kid hurt (maybe a broken arm) I hated to see that hope he gets back at it soon. I think Hampton will be tough this year.

SOUTHARK99

How are numbers looking for each team? Fordyce has 30. I feel like that's kind of low for a team coming down from 3A.

eldofan

Pc had 24 at the spring scrimmage I attended a few weeks ago .

thabeast428

I just hope jc can replace ones that graduated bc they were some key players and I think we're also gonna be lacking speed like we have had in the past.

HG Hornet

Quote from: thabeast428 on June 14, 2018, 06:40:37 pm
I just hope jc can replace ones that graduated bc they were some key players and I think we're also gonna be lacking speed like we have had in the past.
You and I will probably both find out what our teams are gonna look like after we play each other week #1.  CHG lost a lot of senior leadership, but there's still a lot of talent there who want to start out well for their new coaching staff.  I think it's gonna be a good matchup.

Yogi bear

Looks like we are down to six teams in the conference. I guess the schedules are already set for this year. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of realigning the conference with the addition of maybe a team from the 7 . Don't they have 8 teams?

eldofan

June 17, 2018, 05:19:38 pm #10 Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:23:33 pm by eldofan
Something needs to happen . A lot of conference teams missed 2 Games last year after Woodlawn folded .

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: eldofan on June 17, 2018, 05:19:38 pm
Something needs to happen . A lot of conference teams missed 2 Games last year after Woodlawn folded .

This reached the tipping point about three years ago for the 8. If the AAA hasn't addressed it by now, without pressure from the schools, this will continue. It would be interesting to see just how much these cancellations are costing the schools, that are idle on scheduled game nights in lost revenue. I know that some are bridging the gap with fill in games, but we are seeing open weeks as a result too. Thinning the heard, and a major reclassification is overdue.

Rida4Life

my understanding is that Woodlawn and Hermitage will both play 8 man.  Who knows what Strong will do at this point.  Been saying for 2 years now that the AAA should step in and move a team or two to make it easier for everyone to fill their schedule.  Instead they just make it harder for schools to fill the dates.  typical.

HG Hornet

Maybe I should be careful what I wish for, but I'm glad CHG is back in 3A.  We were lucky that we played Woodlawn last year before they folded, but we never did get to play Hermitage, unless you wanna count Hampton in 2016.  :)

That's two more games that we, as parents, could have seen our kids play in.  Now that mine has graduated, I wish I had those two games to go to and cheer for my boy.  I'll still be there to support the Hornets, but it won't be the same for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Hornets play some new teams this year and I'm glad there will be no holes in the schedule.

mulerida

This conference is losing 2 possibly 3 teams. They are going to need to add. But who?

HG Hornet

Maybe they need to schedule a home and away game, both counting as conference games.  It would have to be done early, but it seems like (for example) Bearden could be scheduled to play Hampton twice this year, PC twice next year, Fordyce twice the next year, etc.  Probably too complicated and whoever the powerhouse is......you wouldn't want them twice compared to whoever the weak team is......you would want them both times. 

The problem I see is that those schools who may or may not field a team just don't really know for sure until summer numbers are in and we all know schedules are done way before then.

SOUTHARK99

Do you think Hooten's will have the 8 as the top conference in 2A with only 6 teams?

Yogi bear

You would have to think the 7 would be in the conversation with Forman and Ida.

I think they should move Springhill into the football conference. We play them in baseball softball as conference games and then whatever you want to call it with the way the AAA has basketball messed up now.we don't play them all year but we are in the same conference.

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 19, 2018, 05:11:24 pm
Do you think Hooten's will have the 8 as the top conference in 2A with only 6 teams?
If you're asking me, I don't think so.  You can't blame them in 2017 because you had the 2016 State Runner Up in Hampton, 2016 Semifinalist in CHG, plus the always tough Rison & Bearden.  This year, two of those are gone to 3A replaced by Fordyce & Junction City, who no one really knows about.  Hampton will be pretty good and Bearden should be decent, but I don't think the 8 will get quite the attention. 

old.dole

Basketball is fixed yogi. 9 conference teams and I believe they voted for a double round robin

Yogi bear

That good so we don't play the 1 a 2 a mixed schedule this year?

old.dole

Nope. Bearden grove Hampton Fordyce jc pc Woodlawn Spring Hill laf county. Double round robin in b-ball. Then a district tournament

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 18, 2018, 09:09:43 am
This reached the tipping point about three years ago for the 8. If the AAA hasn't addressed it by now, without pressure from the schools, this will continue. It would be interesting to see just how much these cancellations are costing the schools, that are idle on scheduled game nights in lost revenue. I know that some are bridging the gap with fill in games, but we are seeing open weeks as a result too. Thinning the heard, and a major reclassification is overdue.

This cycle should not be a problem.  With Episcopal dropping, those SE 3A schools all have openings.  Augusta may drop, opens up some stuff in the district with Marked Tree.  The 8 can fill their openings this cycle. 

Obviously, this doesn't hurt the 8's strength at all.  Two bottom feeders gone.  Strong is at least athletic enough to be competitive.  Will still be a tough league.

swarkball

Adding LC and SH for football could take up some slack and they would probaly take that "whipping boy" place of woodlawn and the hermits. But i know a few of the people and coaches from both schools and they dont like being in that conference for spring sports. For the travel, it just doesn't make any sense that two schools in deep south west arkansas (both schools are 30minuets away from texas) have to travel and play teams that are dang near in the delta. If rison and camden HG will stay put in 2A for a little while longer would also help.

Gurdon, and Poyen are teams i would look to add.

Poyen is 1 hr 13 min from Bearden

Gurdon is 1 hr 11 min from bearden.

SH is 1hr 25 minuets from Bearden
LC is 1hr 37 minuets from Bearden

Hgalum50

Quote from: swarkball on June 21, 2018, 09:14:48 pm
Adding LC and SH for football could take up some slack and they would probaly take that "whipping boy" place of woodlawn and the hermits. But i know a few of the people and coaches from both schools and they dont like being in that conference for spring sports. For the travel, it just doesn't make any sense that two schools in deep south west arkansas (both schools are 30minuets away from texas) have to travel and play teams that are dang near in the delta. If rison and camden HG will stay put in 2A for a little while longer would also help.

Gurdon, and Poyen are teams i would look to add.

Poyen is 1 hr 13 min from Bearden

Gurdon is 1 hr 11 min from bearden.

SH is 1hr 25 minuets from Bearden
LC is 1hr 37 minuets from Bearden
It ain't like us and Rison are trying to move ourselves to 3A. We just have the numbers for it.

SOUTHARK99

What kind of offence is Bearden going to run with the new coach?

old.dole

Hootens book says the showgun

Yogi bear

That's that new Japanese offense.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 25, 2018, 03:06:52 pm
What kind of offence is Bearden going to run with the new coach?

One that's fixin to give  HG fits

YOUKNOWWHO

word on the street is Hampton may not have a team this year! any truth to this?

HG Hornet

Boom Boom Boom may become click click click?????  Naw, I don't believe it.  They'll field a team.  They're probably missing practice because they're out pickin peaches in Hampton or tomaters in Hermitage.  They'll field a team.

MagicMike

Quote from: YOUKNOWWHO on June 28, 2018, 02:06:47 pm
word on the street is Hampton may not have a team this year! any truth to this?

From my understanding they've been pretty solid in team camps this summer

YOUKNOWWHO

I heard the Turner kid is moving to Texas. And the Martinez kids quit. 

old.dole

Seems like then Martinez boys either quit or get kicked off every summer. Dogs have a good sophomore group coming up. They will have a team

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on June 28, 2018, 05:28:25 pm
Seems like then Martinez boys either quit or get kicked off every summer. Dogs have a good sophomore group coming up. They will have a team

Honest question, are you being serious about the god group of sophomores coming up or making a joke?

old.dole

There was some talent in that 9th grade group from last year

NWA Hawg

Oh ok. I remember the Hampton people telling us how great their sophomores were a couple years ago. They should be seniors this year.

old.dole

I think the only jr high game they lost was to rison and they had bracy kid running the ball and you justbdont tackle him

bobthebuilder

Hampton will have a team.

MT Legend

July 02, 2018, 05:49:51 am #39 Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:12:13 am by MT Legend
My Lil Cuz Bout to tear this league up!!! Ja'Quez Cross from Hampton is Monta 2.0
If not Better,Remember the "NAME"

YOUKNOWWHO

Quote from: MT Legend on July 02, 2018, 05:49:51 am
My Lil Cuz Bout to tear this league up!!! Ja'Quez Cross from Hampton is Monta 2.0

he is a good ball player but he is NO monta Thomas!!!

old.dole

He will be a very very good player but I haven't seen Monta out of him yet.

MT Legend

July 02, 2018, 08:48:59 am #42 Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:52:23 am by MT Legend
Stay Tuned Hampton,this show just started

Backwoods Bart

Anyone have a Bearden Team Camp schedule?

eldofan

Quote from: MT Legend on July 02, 2018, 05:49:51 am
Met the young man today. Very well mannered and seemed like a good kid .

SOUTHARK99

I was in Hampton eating at the Bulldog Drive-In and heard the Bulldogs have two brothers coming from Camden.
One is a Sr. the other is a Jr. the Sr. is Camden's starting tailback.   

old.dole

Is that the rucks boys?

MT Legend

Quote from: eldofan on July 03, 2018, 06:04:55 pm
Met the young man today. Very well mannered and seemed like a good kid .
yes sir,Great kid. Humble and hungry Bout to feast on the 8 2A.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on July 05, 2018, 05:12:06 pm
I was in Hampton eating at the Bulldog Drive-In and heard the Bulldogs have two brothers coming from Camden.
One is a Sr. the other is a Jr. the Sr. is Camden's starting tailback.

Usually pretty accurate info from the Bulldog , from housing to jobs for the prospect player family members.  ;) ;)

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 06, 2018, 05:57:27 am
Usually pretty accurate info from the Bulldog , from housing to jobs for the prospect player family members.  ;) ;)
Boom Boom Boom

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas