• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 JUNIOR CLASSIC

Started by GoHogs, May 21, 2014, 05:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs

When and where will the Junior Classic be ?

Runfastturnleft

Its in conway.  New format that allows sophomores and juniors.

bdog32

BIG_K

Sophomore/Junior Classic hey make more money that way. By the way do they have a list of colleges coming?

Runfastturnleft

teams are chosen same as always.  I assume most of the instate schools will send a rep.

jlaw7390

When will a list of players chosen for the 2014 Junior Classic be released? I hear it is June 11th and 12th in Conway. I was told format would be drills on the first day, coaches will draft their teams at end of first day, and play games the second day. I was not aware sophomores were elgible this year.

GoHogs

Is this a AAA sponsored event ?

97softballmom

Players are now being notified of being chosen.  We were notified today however the dates conflict with a big travel ball tournament in Kansas City that starts on Thursday 6/12.  Commitments already made need to be honored.  Tues & Wed would have been better dates for the Classic vs Wed/Thurs. for the travel ball players to be able to participate.  I know several Arkansas teams are playing in the same tournament in KC. 

Ranger

They will have enough for the Jr. Classic its always a pretty good turnout.

yahoo

Does anybody have a list of players? Game times ? Where games will be played

keybovie

Quote from: 97softballmom on May 27, 2014, 03:36:58 pm
Players are now being notified of being chosen.  We were notified today however the dates conflict with a big travel ball tournament in Kansas City that starts on Thursday 6/12.  Commitments already made need to be honored.  Tues & Wed would have been better dates for the Classic vs Wed/Thurs. for the travel ball players to be able to participate.  I know several Arkansas teams are playing in the same tournament in KC.

Agreed!  There is also a big tournament in Chattanooga, first game is Thursday.  Girls now have to choose between the honor of representing their school in the Classic or honoring their commitment to their travel team.  Difficult decision!

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: keybovie on June 01, 2014, 01:29:12 pm
Quote from: 97softballmom on May 27, 2014, 03:36:58 pm

Agreed!  There is also a big tournament in Chattanooga, first game is Thursday.  Girls now have to choose between the honor of representing their school in the Classic or honoring their commitment to their travel team.  Difficult decision!

Kids have the option.  They try to accommodate as many kids as they can.  Cant make everyone happy. 

Justafan42

It is Soph/Jr this year. Each conference has a certain number of girls they can submit to play plus alternates. Coaches were chosen then they split up the pitchers the catchers and then position players.
Maroon   Nic Clayton   Bald Knob
Yellow   Steve Martin    Murfreesboro
Blue   Charlie Melton   Scranton
Green   Tiffany Taylor       Rogers Heritage
Red   Terri Smith   White Hall
Purple   Jason Wilbanks     Ozark
The schedule is for player to check in Wed 12:30 then they will play 3 games that evening starting at 4:00The Thursday they will play 6 games from 9:00 to 7:00.
Sorry I don't know who is on what team.

yahoo

True Fan

Schedule of Events

Wednesday, June 11th:   12:30 – 1:30      Registration @ Super 8

1:30         Coach and Players Meeting

2:00         Check into Rooms
                               (Coaches will have keys)

2:45         Pictures at the field
                               (Check with your coach)

Wednesday

4:00 pm   Maroon vs. Red

6:00 pm   Blue vs. Green 

8:00 pm   Yellow vs. Purple

Thursday

9:00 am   Red vs. Blue

11:00 am   Maroon vs. Yellow

1:00 pm   Purple vs. Green

3:00 pm   Yellow vs. Blue 

5:00 pm   Red vs. Purple

7:00 pm   Green vs. Maroon

True Fan

baller72

JREE

Does anyone know when the full TEAM list will be POSTED?

True Fan

I can't remember ever seeing a full team list published.

WHITEchicken

True fan ms Bentley is on red as well. Go red

True Fan

The roster is on back of the shirts. I'll try to put a picture up later.

Beautiful day for softball.

sports_lover

This is the blue team's roster.  Sorry I do not know where they are from!

Tori Stafford
Lauren Graves
Bailey Flournoy
Kennady Dodson
Paige Turner
Christianna Camp
Alexus Lawellin
Alyssa English
Kayla Reap
Kelsey Pitts
Jordan Wylie
RyAnn Grubbs
Sydnie Henson
Lydia Belew
Paige Mendoza
Shelby Tipton
Hope Higginbotham
Mary Hannah Sipe
Morgan Felts

1-Adam-12

I can help with a few--

Stafford--Van Buren
Mendoza--FS Southside
Higginbotham--Monticello

True Fan

Red team 6
Maroon team 5 Final

SoftballCrazy

True Fan

SoftballCrazy

True Fan

The Red team fell to the Purple team in the bottom of the 7th.

My girl had a great time and enjoyed meeting and playing with the girls from around the state.

A big THANK YOU to the AHSFPA and all of the coaches and other people who volunteered their time to put this on for the girls. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas