• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 players in 1a Boys and Girls.

Started by thebigman3, October 25, 2017, 11:33:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 07, 2017, 01:47:37 pm
And you're probably ok with rigged elections, fixed fights etc...?
How does hat have anything to do with moving into a school?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 07, 2017, 05:40:55 pm
How does hat have anything to do with moving into a school?

Uneven playing field

SackAttack

Moonshiner

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 07, 2017, 06:23:38 pm
Uneven playing field
Uneven as in it's a rule set for only a handful of teams? Or uneven as in everyone needs something to complain about, because they didn't benefit from a system that allows them to do the exact same thing?

AAA needs to make the ruling if you ever move in your life you can't play for another school. I wonder how many kids actually attend 13 years of schooling at a location along with the rest of their teammates. 🤔🤔

Backboard Shattered

Everyone knows there is a handful of schools that do this every year.  Most coaches and players are no where close to good enough to win it all without getting kids to move.  You can tell by Guy and Bays awful Jr High records that something miracouloysly happens at Sr High Ball.  It's like getting unlimited life's on Mario Bros by jumping on that turtle for 45 min.  You ain't good enough to win without cheating the system.  Up up down down left right left right b a b a start.  30 men on Contra!  At least I can win that way! Teams that do that really do suck!  And that's why 83 Crew is best ever!  Bigman needs to go get some good ole breakfast

Bigleague

Chaser of zero banners.   You guys get move ins every year and still Can't make the big dance.  Keep trying though.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 08, 2017, 03:56:43 am
Uneven as in it's a rule set for only a handful of teams? Or uneven as in everyone needs something to complain about, because they didn't benefit from a system that allows them to do the exact same thing?

AAA needs to make the ruling if you ever move in your life you can't play for another school. I wonder how many kids actually attend 13 years of schooling at a location along with the rest of their teammates. 🤔🤔
You can't really make this rule cause some kids have to move if their parents move.. the district rule that is set in place I agree with. I don't think you should have a kid living in Little Rock going to Greenbrier or something like that just for ball. I like the living in the district rule.

Moonshiner

I remember the days when Conway St. joe ruled what was then class B.  Guy pretty much contended with them, but St. Joseph ruled the roost. And everyone complained because they were a private school that could recruit.  Now that St. Joeseph has moved up, because of the multiplier rule you don't hear as many complaints from that area.
If someone moves completely obove board, with no recruiting then I see no harm. But it's really easy to see what's going on at a lot of these places.
Don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining.

BannerMountainMan

November 08, 2017, 08:41:52 am #59 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:26:00 am by BannerMountainMan
Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 07:19:55 am
You can't really make this rule cause some kids have to move if their parents move.. the district rule that is set in place I agree with. I don't think you should have a kid living in Little Rock going to Greenbrier or something like that just for ball. I like the living in the district rule.
im pretty sure all of Guys move ins have involved parents moving and getting new jobs.

Moonshiner

Lots of new jobs popping up in Guy Arkansas?  And ironically the ones they hire have stud ball player kids??  😂😂. Please

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bigleague on November 08, 2017, 05:48:07 am
Chaser of zero banners.   You guys get move ins every year and still Can't make the big dance.  Keep trying though.
I'm just curious what makes it "Uneven". Kids and parents are aloud to move at there own accord following some simple rules. Sure seems to me "Uneven" doesn't fit the bill. If only a select few could benefit. I'd like to know the last time a team won state with every player being enrolled since kindergarten.

As for not making the big dance. Teams in the south are usually down to central/northern teams. I don't think anyone's disputing that. 

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 08, 2017, 09:10:40 am
I'm just curious what makes it "Uneven". Kids and parents are aloud to move at there own accord following some simple rules. Sure seems to me "Uneven" doesn't fit the bill. If only a select few could benefit. I'd like to know the last time a team won state with every player being enrolled since kindergarten.

As for not making the big dance. Teams in the south are usually down to central/northern teams. I don't think anyone's disputing that.
+1! I wasn't referring to just Guy either just move ins as a whole.

SackAttack

Ok heres the deal as only Sack can put it: If I were a coach i have things I would call foundational blocks in other words if I am to be successful what will I base that success on?
Base=foundation. What is solid and unnegotiable? Things I will insist on everyday?

Hard Work-to include extra time on your own
LOYALTY-to teammates,school,and community and lastly to me
Academics
Great behavior-on and off the court

I think we can all agree on those posted above and its not an all-inclusive list alas it is merely a guide to make my point.
The Guys, Kirbys, and Bays of the world would take this one step further to include the following:

Steady Talent Infusion--Anyone arguing this point has their head in the sand. This is the only thing that sets them apart from the other schools. Their coaches aren't better. They don't demand more. their isn't a better standard in place. If so they'd never have bad years and they have all had their share. No development done here for it was already done by their previous coaches. Take the hard work of others and use it for your benefit and then reap the rewards for yourself. Guys junior high with their current seniors was pretty good if I remember correctly. Just pretty good not great not a contender. 3 years later they are the number 1 contender for the championship! I rest my case!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 10:53:11 am
Ok heres the deal as only Sack can put it: If I were a coach i have things I would call foundational blocks in other words if I am to be successful what will I base that success on?
Base=foundation. What is solid and unnegotiable? Things I will insist on everyday?

Academics

I think we can all agree on those posted above and its not an all-inclusive list alas it is merely a guide to make my point.
The Guys, Kirbys, and Bays of the world would take this one step further to include the following:

Steady Talent Infusion--Anyone arguing this point has their head in the sand. This is the only thing that sets them apart from the other schools. Their coaches aren't better. They don't demand more. their isn't a better standard in place. If so they'd never have bad years and they have all had their share. No development done here for it was already done by their previous coaches. Take the hard work of others and use it for your benefit and then reap the rewards for yourself. Guys junior high with their current seniors was pretty good if I remember correctly. Just pretty good not great not a contender. 3 years later they are the number 1 contender for the championship! I rest my case!
+83 I couldn't have saided it any better sure couldn't have spellified it any better!  Great Post

thebigman3

Did a little looking on Maxpreps... is the Layne girl from Mammoth Spring really just a junior?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 10, 2017, 09:33:30 am
Did a little looking on Maxpreps... is the Layne girl from Mammoth Spring really just a junior?

Yes

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 10, 2017, 09:41:48 am
Yes
I didn't know, cause it also said that Layne and Utley of Bay were juniors last year, but I thought they were seniors last year. Their not on the Bay roster either this year so I was confused.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 10, 2017, 10:10:36 am
I didn't know, cause it also said that Layne and Utley of Bay were juniors last year, but I thought they were seniors last year. Their not on the Bay roster either this year so I was confused.

Fairly certain that it's right for her

BasketballFan2A

November 15, 2017, 08:31:10 am #69 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:00:12 am by BasketballFan2A
!!

thebigman3

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 15, 2017, 08:31:10 am
My top 6 by far in 1a... very weak this year
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves
This is for players, not teams.

SackAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 10:53:11 am

Academics

I guess everybody agreed with my High Seed post as ErnestT would call it! I safely assume

gilesman2333

The red head from west side is averaging a double double right now and has scored high numbers multiple times this year. I feel like if he was put on a better team he could be more successful

Midland.Mustang

I would say that Midlands conference has the top 3 players in 1a. they are Top 3
1. Brock
2. Tharp
3. Fuller

thebigman3

Quote from: Midland.Mustang on December 01, 2017, 01:03:45 pm
I would say that Midlands conference has the top 3 players in 1a. they are Top 3
1. Brock
2. Tharp
3. Fuller
Stop.

Moonshiner

1. Brock
2. Tharp
3. Fuller

Never heard of em

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

1. Brock
2. Tharp
3. Fuller
im not gonna agree with you but I'm not gonna disagree either because I have no authority too, you don't get a 15, 10, 7 every night to be number 3 in conf, put Fuller at 2.

thebigman3

Idk who Tharp is. You might be able to put brock in top 10. Fuller to me is just overrated honestly. but if you want to talk abt numbers. I know now I may be a little biased obviously but Minton from Guy has almost had a triple double the past 2 games. and almost had a quadruple double tonight. Of course I can't see everyone else from other teams stats but to me that's impressive.

1Lurker

Quote from: rebelfan on December 02, 2017, 07:47:54 pm
The Izard County superintendent is not on the AAA board now. Besides Tharp, who was the other player that moved in and where was he from. Three years ago they had a six foot six foreign exchange student from the Czech Republic.

1) The Tharp move is more about the state of things at Highland than ICC.

2) ICC has an amazing foreign exchange program. Maybe 1 out of 20 they get can play basketball.

dunkman

So if these 3 are top of 1 A must have several colleges recruiting them, where do they have offers to play at???????

thebigman3

Quote from: dunkman on December 03, 2017, 08:49:35 am
So if these 3 are top of 1 A must have several colleges recruiting them, where do they have offers to play at???????
I don't the answer to this, but I would almost guarantee it's a no. bc they are not too 3

HOGS1976

Dierks center Fox is a beast in the middle, very hard to stop he will sign in football but he's someone you have to design your defense around, but I am really biased😀

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas